IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 448.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know offhand. Put the game in switch test mode (make sure the coin door interlock switch is pulled out or they won't work) and depress each switch. That will tell you if they work, and also give you the name of which switch is which on the screen.
In your picture the one on the right has a pretty sharp bend in the middle post on the switch. These crappy newer Stern switches are pretty famous for breaking off right at the casing. If that switch at the right doesn't register, or only registers intermittently, I'd look more closely at that.

Ok, I will look into that! What's crazy is that after messing under the playfield and moving stuff, this thing lets me play a few good games, then everything goes bad. on the testing the ramp mode. It used to show me "93" failed but it hasn't failed on test. I am calling Stern again tomorrow. Hope they know what it is. Thanks again!

#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Ok, I will look into that! What's crazy is that after messing under the playfield and moving stuff, this thing lets me play a few good games, then everything goes bad. on the testing the ramp mode. It used to show me "93" failed but it hasn't failed on test. I am calling Stern again tomorrow. Hope they know what it is. Thanks again!

You can probably figure this out just with switch test and wiggling things to narrow down the actual problem.

#4753 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I spoke too soon...
I looked at all the connectors and cables and they seemed fine. After lifting the playfield and checking all connections I do the ramp test. Everything works. I have gone as far as testing the ramp 15 times up and down. But after about 6 to 7 games the ramp gets stuck in the middle again.
I see the switches you are talking about. They look good but not sure. Is it possible one is bad? Which one is the "home"? I cannot tell. TIA!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check to make sure your one way ball gate didn’t come loose and interfere with ramp movement.

#4754 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Check to make sure your one way ball gate didn’t come loose and interfere with ramp movement.

Not sure if I understand. can you show me a pic? Thanks!

#4755 3 years ago

How are the reworked modes and new wizard modes? Getting more and more tempted by this game.

#4756 3 years ago

folks - anyone got the docs for the plunger i just got it but only has first page of the docs.

#4757 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How are the reworked modes and new wizard modes? Getting more and more tempted by this game.

There’s just the one wizard mode for now. 2 more to come. From the readme it sounds great. I haven’t played it yet.

The readme mentions lots of changes to total isolation 2 as well. Can’t wait to play!

#4758 3 years ago

Why are they making updates to the code behavior on the TK lock? They have to know it doesn’t work right. Don’t they know almost everyone is turning this “Feature” if you want to call it that off.

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Why are they making updates to the code behavior on the TK lock? They have to know it doesn’t work right. Don’t they know almost everyone is turning this “Feature” if you want to call it that off.

A lot of us aren't. I want the timing tweeked. Mine works probably 75-80% of the time, and I think timing of the opto to mech has a lot to do with the rejections I do get.

#4760 3 years ago

Why are they making updates to the code behavior on the TK lock?

Because one of the issues with it is the timing of the diverter engaging.

#4761 3 years ago

I feel like it is more a mechanical problem than a software problem at this point. With software they can allow locks to be counted virtually when the ball doesn't physically lock (I wish they would add this as an option for TK multi ball) and allow you to turn it off completely but that's about it. Perhaps they could allow us to adjust the timing of the diverter engaging but at least on my game I feel this works pretty well right now to keep weak shots from rolling back down the ramp.

#4762 3 years ago

Why are they making updates to the code behavior on the TK lock?.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because one of the issues with it is the timing of the diverter engaging.

I'm confused. Did Stern make changes in the code for the TK lock mech? I missed that

#4763 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'm confused. Did Stern make changes in the code for the TK lock mech? I missed that

Just read the readme. Doesn’t look like it to me. When Robert mentioned it I assumed i missed it in the readme.

#4764 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can probably figure this out just with switch test and wiggling things to narrow down the actual problem.

They are sending me a new replacement motor and the board where it connects. I hope that solves the problem.

#4765 3 years ago

New code is fun and love the new multiball rules...especially Total Isolation 2! This game is climbing up on my home favorites list to play.

EB7E3BA0-F477-42E0-9D73-D340896D460B.jpegEB7E3BA0-F477-42E0-9D73-D340896D460B.jpeg
#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

My premium arrives Monday! So excited. Has final showdown been shown yet?

Final showdown has not been coded In yet.

#4767 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Final showdown has not been coded In yet.

*rubs hands* ‘soon, soon.’ Just played again to hold me over until Monday.

#4768 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Not sure if I understand. can you show me a pic? Thanks!

The one way ball gate by the mystery shot has a tendency to come loose I’ve seen it interfere with the ramp movement before.

#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

New code is fun and love the new multiball rules...especially Total Isolation 2! This game is climbing up on my home favorites list to play.
[quoted image]

I liked ti2 better as a six ball multi ball but the new one is still super fun!

#4770 3 years ago

Light the fire mode not complete but it does have a good cut scene programed in. Send it back is awesome and I just made it to the billionaire club today is a good day.

AB8A65BF-488D-4AFD-9D93-25440992F1EB (resized).jpegAB8A65BF-488D-4AFD-9D93-25440992F1EB (resized).jpeg
#4771 3 years ago

What size speakers are in a STh LE, 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?

#4772 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Light the fire mode not complete but it does have a good cut scene programed in. Send it back is awesome and I just made it to the billionaire club today is a good day.
[quoted image]

You motivated me to play a little better. I had Final Showdown ready and I missed the ramp and drained This game is just so much fun.

192F32B2-8326-40FD-B236-E915BFDE8031.jpeg192F32B2-8326-40FD-B236-E915BFDE8031.jpeg729B9F08-08E0-4791-A293-F19DCE739CBF.jpeg729B9F08-08E0-4791-A293-F19DCE739CBF.jpeg
#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

You motivated me to play a little better. I had Final Showdown ready and I missed the ramp and drained This game is just so much fun.

Damn good score. You did better then me I drained while trying to start the last demigorgon mode. That’s all I had left to light final showdown. One day I will see it lit! I know what you mean by this game being fun, I have 8 other machines that are pretty jealous because this is all I’ve been playing since January. And I have some great titles like ij lotr shadow TWD prem and Spider-Man to name a few.

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

5.25” kenwoods

#4775 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

5.25” kenwoods

Kenwood KFC-1366S are the model number.

#4776 3 years ago

Stranger Things edition pin stadium lights. (upside down mode in picture) Thank you Scott for all of your help with the installation help and for what your doing for the hobby/community.

44855EBF-7F7D-4077-A1E5-7B2629669B21 (resized).jpeg44855EBF-7F7D-4077-A1E5-7B2629669B21 (resized).jpeg

#4777 3 years ago

Just played the new code plus Cleland. Love it! Didn’t make it to send it back but did play total isolation 2. I like the rework. Feels different than TI 1 and not too much like a demogorgon mode.

Can’t wait to see send it back!

#4778 3 years ago

Just got to Send it Back! Great mode. Needs some polish for sure, but it has good bones!

#4779 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just played the new code plus Cleland. Love it! Didn’t make it to send it back but did play total isolation 2. I like the rework. Feels different than TI 1 and not too much like a demogorgon mode.
Can’t wait to see send it back!

Playing it now, I haven't seen much difference yet in game. Is it me or the music it's more upbeat?

#4780 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Playing it now, I haven't seen much difference yet in game. Is it me or the music it's more upbeat?

Do you have Cleland code in it? If so, then yes way more upbeat. Haha.

No changes to the stock music that I know of.

Also the major changes in this update are to total isolation 2 and adding Send it Back. They are deep into the game. TI 2 is after playing 8 modes and send it back is lit from playing all 6 season one modes.

#4781 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have Cleland code in it? If so, then yes way more upbeat. Haha.
No changes to the stock music that I know of.
Also the major changes in this update are to total isolation 2 and adding Send it Back. They are deep into the game. TI 2 is after playing 8 modes and send it back is lit from playing all 6 season one modes.

I do have the latest code. I just wished there was more cussing!

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I do have the latest code. I just wished there was more cussing!

Get the bullshit mode and you’ll get plenty!

#4783 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just read the readme. Doesn’t look like it to me. When Robert mentioned it I assumed i missed it in the readme.

Maybe I read it wrong but didn’t they add or change some behavior for the ball lock for multiball etc. just saying why code stuff that doesn’t work

#4784 3 years ago

Maybe I read it wrong but didn’t they add or change some behavior for the ball lock for multiball etc. just saying why code stuff that doesn’t work

It does work. if you’re talking about this:

- Fixed a problem where locked balls were being released after completing the
Super Jackpot in Send it Back.

Seems to be a bug fix for the new wizard mode if there were balls locked when starting the mode.

That’s the only mention of the lock in the new readme that I saw.

#4785 3 years ago

There is now a “Telekinesis Lockup Power” setting in the menu. Increasing strength of the magnet somehow? Was that always there?

#4786 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get the bullshit mode and you’ll get plenty!

I Bullshit is way too short in my opinion but it's cool. I would love to hear "Should I stay or should I go" by Clash.

#4787 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I Bullshit is way too short in my opinion but it's cool. I would love to hear "Should I stay or should I go" by Clash.

I'll look into that

#4788 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

There is now a “Telekinesis Lockup Power” setting in the menu. Increasing strength of the magnet somehow? Was that always there?

Always been there. No idea what it does. Can’t be magnet power as the magnet isn’t powered.

#4790 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Always been there. No idea what it does. Can’t be magnet power as the magnet isn’t powered.

That’s weird. I just hadn’t noticed it. And it isn’t set on the highest setting at default. Huh.

#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That’s weird. I just hadn’t noticed it. And it isn’t set on the highest setting at default. Huh.

Yeah I’ve had that adjusted on 5 numbered increments from lowest to highest and never noticed a change in behavior.

I did notice a new adjustment in the current code (or maybe missed it before)

Feature adjustment #34. TK MB lock limit. Anyone know what that means?

#4792 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I second that. That song was a huge part of season 1 and was also referenced in season 2. It’s the defining song of the show behind the iconic theme IMO.

#4793 3 years ago

I don’t care what anyone else says. This game is fantastic and criminally underrated.

#4794 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I don’t care what anyone else says. This game is fantastic and criminally underrated.

Unfortunately it’s the nature of the beast when a game comes out with super early code and also adjustment issues. It will develop a following for sure once people get time on complete code, but that stumble out of the gate always hurts.

#4795 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I truly believe that this game got the hate because the UV Kit was sold separately. In my case I didn't mind and got it. I absolutely love it.

#4796 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I truly believe that this game got the hate because the UV Kit was sold separately. In my case I didn't mind and got it. I absolutely love it.

The Uv sure didn’t help the hate, that’s for sure. But this game has been hated on since it came out the gate. I think it’s gonna be like TWD people hated that game before it was finished now the same haters think it’s one of the best coded games out. Give it time to marinate this game will be a classic.

#4797 3 years ago

Hardest part for me will be pro vs premium. I'm letting go of walking dead because it's such a visual eyesore (and I'm kind of tired or the lacking layout imo)
Is the projector that killer during the game to warrant all the blank white when it's shut off?
Code and call-outs I trust will come along and seem fun already as it sits. Layout and art on game are also plusses. How does it look in a lineup? Pro or prem?

#4798 3 years ago

I had to move in the outlane posts on mine. The game is brutal enough and I want to actually see some of the depth in the code. My first impressions were not great due to very high difficulty and lackluster call outs but it is really growing on me. This game forces you to become a better player.

#4799 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

The Uv sure didn’t help the hate, that’s for sure. But this game has been hated on since it came out the gate. I think it’s gonna be like TWD people hated that game before it was finished now the same haters think it’s one of the best coded games out. Give it time to marinate this game will be a classic.

Let's not get too crazy.

Lyman made TWD great. This will not be TWD. Lonnie has a code ceiling for whatever reason. That said, it will be fine if you're not expecting a Lyman masterpiece.

#4800 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Hardest part for me will be pro vs premium. I'm letting go of walking dead because it's such a visual eyesore (and I'm kind of tired or the lacking layout imo)
Is the projector that killer during the game to warrant all the blank white when it's shut off?
Code and call-outs I trust will come along and seem fun already as it sits. Layout and art on game are also plusses. How does it look in a lineup? Pro or prem?

I think the projector is really cool, but if you are concerned about how the game will look turned off then I can see the pro.

Many of us (I'm an LE owner) have found the TK lock is very difficult to get working properly. I can see a good argument for going pro and avoiding the hassle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/96?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.