20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,212 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 445.
#4701 3 years ago

It's in that same thread. But he said the pattern is pretty deep into the modes. I found it today, and it was only about 9 clicks in or so. Not too bad at all.

#4702 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Does anybody have the speaker lights kit that looks like Christmas lights around the panel? And if so can someone post a video of it?

Yes, I would love to see a video of this too.

#4703 3 years ago

#4704 3 years ago

That is perfect. You are the man, thank you!

#4705 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I was talking about where chuckwurt showed how to modify the settings but those do look cool in the thread you linked

I just mentioned that the lights let you cycle through presets (there’s a million of them) and far down the line is where I found the setting I settled on in this vid.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667505064

#4706 3 years ago

Has anyone gotten the Official Stern Side Armor yet?

It's pricey at 250, thinking of getting it; but not sure of the quality and if it's worth it.

#4707 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Has anyone gotten the Official Stern Side Armor yet?
It's pricey at 250, thinking of getting it; but not sure of the quality and if it's worth it.

Still waiting.

#4708 3 years ago

..... by the way.....

I was also not pleased with the presentation of the beamer ...
The picture was weak in contrast and blurred.
First of all the beamer had to be focussed ( is well known ) !
But also the result did not convince me.

At Pinside I had read that there are alternative screens.
I have test screens come to me. 4 different (about 30x40cm)
Got a lot better with one of the 4.

but......just the kicker....
Best suitably, with the best contrast and a very good sharpness however now with me PHOTO PAPER (and/or cardboard) turned out.
Especially the sharpness of the picture is EXCEPTANTLY better.
Also the black comes now better over.
Test it...best with the test picture in the menue

At first I have the main screen, the side ramps, the drop- and standup targets glued.
With the targets (everything that comes in contact with the balls) I added a Mylar. Otherwise the paper is history in a few days.
With the running surfaces of the ramps I must first test whether this justifies the expenditure.
I will report

The Original is better than the Photo

and.......
AWESOME PINBALL MACHINE !!!!

4C198FFB-613C-4C0F-B375-D2F7908AF6CD (resized).jpeg4C198FFB-613C-4C0F-B375-D2F7908AF6CD (resized).jpeg
#4709 3 years ago

I'm thinking about adding this to the line-up... what's it like? Are the rules deep? Is there much strategy? I'm not a fan of linear rules (like Pinball Magic to state an extreme)... but also not a fan of over complicated rules AKA LotR... is there much humour in it? Does the code feel complete? Is the premium significantly better than the pro? Any other useful info/insights appreciated!

#4710 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Check, check, and check! (If only the damn shooter would actually LIGHT!)

I have the glow rubbers on my AFM, and they're cool and all. But doesn't the greenish hue look like crap on ST? Doesn't really match anything.

Nope. My 4-step plan for world domination of this game:
Step 1: Don't rate the game. Let the pre-judgmental idiots around here continue to think the game sucks.
Step 2: Wait for Stern to discontinue production due to disappointing sales.
Step 3: Rate the game highly and watch as everybody realizes what a great game it truly is (like what happened with GOT).
Step 4: Profit.

You missed step 3.5: Underpants.

#4711 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

You missed step 3.5: Underpants.

I sing the underpants gnome song a lot when I'm working. My wife hears me and wonders WTF she married.

#4712 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Are the rules deep?

Similar to Deadpool or guardians.

Is there much strategy?

More strategy than Munsters, less than GOT. See above for code comparisons.

is there much humour in it?

There’s a decent amount. About the same ratio as there is in the actual show.

Does the code feel complete?

No. Because it’s not. Only at .96 and missing the 3 main wizard modes and various mystery awards/modes.

Is the premium significantly better than the pro?

Yes. Especially if you’re a super fan of the show.

Any other useful info/insights appreciated!

It’s more than likely your game will need significant tweaking to play well. If that’s not your bag, I wouldn’t recommend buying NIB. Get a used game that’s dialed already.

#4713 3 years ago

speaking of tweaking I'm wondering what people recommend for scratch removal on the ramps. I've had the ramps off probably more than 20 times now and there are a few scratches, mainly on the bottom of the right ramp near the sling from the screw on the outlane ball guide. I don't remember which time I forgot to put down towels when working on the machine and caused the scratches but they are there and deep enough to be visible and annoying. Pretty sure novus won't take it out but I am afraid to take sandpaper to it. Just wondering if there are any tips out there on fixing scratches on these really clear ramps. Most of the stuff I could find was about repairing badly broken ones with holes and stuff.

#4714 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

speaking of tweaking I'm wondering what people recommend for scratch removal on the ramps. I've had the ramps off probably more than 20 times now and there are a few scratches, mainly on the bottom of the right ramp near the sling from the screw on the outlane ball guide. I don't remember which time I forgot to put down towels when working on the machine and caused the scratches but they are there and deep enough to be visible and annoying. Pretty sure novus won't take it out but I am afraid to take sandpaper to it. Just wondering if there are any tips out there on fixing scratches on these really clear ramps. Most of the stuff I could find was about repairing badly broken ones with holes and stuff.

Flame polish makes them like new, but don't do it on the real deal until you practice on some old crappy/broken ramps because if you come in too hard you can ruin a ramp in a hurry.

#4715 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Flame polish makes them like new, but don't do it on the real deal until you practice on some old crappy/broken ramps because if you come in too hard you can ruin a ramp in a hurry.

I wish I had old ramps to try it out on I'm only a few years into the hobby. I've read about the flame polish. Maybe I'll check around locally and see if anyone has some experience.

#4716 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I wish I had old ramps to try it out on I'm only a few years into the hobby. I've read about the flame polish. Maybe I'll check around locally and see if anyone has some experience.

It has the best results, but it also can go horribly wrong unless you know what you're doing. Maybe put out a pinside or craigslist wanted ad for some broken pinball ramps or something? No time like the present to learn...

#4717 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It has the best results, but it also can go horribly wrong unless you know what you're doing. Maybe put out a pinside or craigslist wanted ad for some broken pinball ramps or something? No time like the present to learn...

I don't disagree, I'll see what I can find. Thanks

#4718 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. Because it’s not. Only at .96 and missing the 3 main wizard modes and various mystery awards/modes.

Thanks for your detailed reply! It sucks that the code isn't complete yet!

#4719 3 years ago

Eh. It’s been a fun ride to see the game grow. I’m in no rush. Definitely shaping up to be a solid pin once complete.

#4720 3 years ago

Tired of waiting for a topper so I improvised!

F252E1DC-EBB5-403B-8125-11309EF737B2 (resized).jpegF252E1DC-EBB5-403B-8125-11309EF737B2 (resized).jpeg
#4721 3 years ago

The code has come along surprisingly fast these past four months compared to some previous games I've bought. So, it's a pretty solid game already. Just getting to the Total Isolation modes takes a good game, though it will be nice to be rewarded for those who choose to chase the Demo and Demo Dog bunny trails all the way. I love the game!

#4722 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

it will be nice to be rewarded for those who choose to chase the Demo and Demo Dog bunny trails all the way. I love the game!

Newest code made this a requirement for final showdown.

#4723 3 years ago

Nice looking rotating sign!

#4724 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Newest code made this a requirement for final showdown.

luckily with a working ramp and hit-able demogorgon it's a pretty fun requirement. I think I'm onboard with getting rid of the up and down of the ramp during run will. I looked at my ramp yesterday and it's taken a few shots to the edge. Going to be hard on balls and the ramp. My new ninjas are already a bit dinged up and I just put them in.

#4725 3 years ago

I have this problem... Any of you fine gentleman know of any fix for this?

Ramp gets stuck about 15% of the time.

#4726 3 years ago

Hi guys. Joining the club soon with a pro, woohoo! Want to order a UV kit, but the pro kit seems sold out and Pinball Life only has the prem/LE version. I certainly wouldn't mind upgrading my apron to the metal one in the process, and I think I remember seeing talk of a couple people doing just that. My question for those that have done it, does the pro have the holes through the playfield which the metal apron uses to mount, or did you have to drill them? If the holes are there, it seems like it would just be a matter of removing the mounting posts from the plastic apron, then finding the right nuts for the under the pf and the right screws for where the pf hangers attach to the apron. And of course a couple lights if you want to light it up. Am I missing anything?

#4727 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I have this problem... Any of you fine gentleman know of any fix for this?
Ramp gets stuck about 15% of the time.

There are two switches underneath that tell the ramp when it's hit home and fully extended. It looks like the fully extended switch is working, but the home switch may be loose or broken and the switch arm not registering all the time. Check and adjust both switches under the playfield.
Ramp_sensor (resized).jpgRamp_sensor (resized).jpg

#4728 3 years ago

Just picked up a stranger things from a competitive player. Should the outlanes be wide open or should I move them to the middle or lower holes?

#4729 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Just picked up a stranger things from a competitive player. Should the outlanes be wide open or should I move them to the middle or lower holes?

Wide open is factory. But put them wherever you want. If it matters, Eddy said he wanted them to be in the middle stock.

#4730 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wide open is factory. But put them wherever you want. If it matters, Eddy said he wanted them to be in the middle stock.

Cool. What angle is yours set at?

#4731 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Cool. What angle is yours set at?

The bubble is right in the middle on the shooter lane level thingy. I think that measures at 6.6-6.7 degrees.

#4732 3 years ago

I have my lanes in the middle and pitch at 6.6 at the flippers. Right in the middle of the bubble.

#4733 3 years ago

Hey pro owners, sorry to dredge up a past problem that’s probably been solved in past pages, but what’s the fix exactly for the ball lock up-post that keeps coming loose? I’ve tried a bit of plumbers tape to get it to hold in there and some loctite, neither worked, it just pops up and out after a couple games. Should I full on glue it in there? There’s talk of maybe a piece of metal or something that’s supposed to keep it in there?

My game is pretty dialed in right now except for this one problem!

#4734 3 years ago

Call stern. They have an updated post that doesn’t come loose.

#4735 3 years ago

Thanks! I knew there must have been something I missed in past pages.

Sent a message to Stern via their website, Pablo got back to me in about 60 seconds asking for my address to send me the redesign!

#4736 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are two switches underneath that tell the ramp when it's hit home and fully extended. It looks like the fully extended switch is working, but the home switch may be loose or broken and the switch arm not registering all the time. Check and adjust both switches under the playfield.
[quoted image]

Thank you so much Sir, I must of moved something when I was checking it out and now it's not getting stuck anymore after 10 games. Thank you!

#4737 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Thank you so much Sir, I must of moved something when I was checking it out and now it's not getting stuck anymore after 10 games. Thank you!

Great! Now you know where to look if it happens again.

#4738 3 years ago

PRO V0.97.0 - July 16, 2020 just landed. I was just talking about this one lol

- Added an adjustment that determines the amount of cycle time between
raising /lowering the ramp during the Super Jackpot phase of Run Will Multiball.
Default = 2 seconds, Min = OFF, Max = 6 seconds.

Looks like rule changes to send it back and total isolation 2 as well. Pretty big ones at that

#4739 3 years ago

New code update... YAY!
Still no video mode or lockdown bar button use... BOO!

#4740 3 years ago

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

LE/PRE V0.97.0 - July 16, 2020
=====================

- Fixed a problem where locked balls were being released after completing the
Super Jackpot in Send it Back.
- Added an adjustment that determines the amount of cycle time between
raising /lowering the ramp during the Super Jackpot phase of Run Will Multiball.
Default = 2 seconds, Min = OFF, Max = 6 seconds.
- Moved the "Very Good" speech so it's heard later in the Super Jackpot/Mode
Completed sequence of Send it Back.
- Added a new Total Isolation 2 Multiball Double Jackpot display effect video.
- Changed the Total Isolation 2 Multiball ball save timer adjustment values.
Default setting time = 60 seconds, Min = 40 seconds, Max = 100 seconds.
- Added new Start, Jackpot, Double Jackpot, and Super Jackpot sound FX to
Total Isolation 2 Multiball.
- Added new speech, Start, Jackpot, Double Jackpot, and Super Jackpot sound FX
to Send it Back.
- Added new music to Total Isolation 2 Multiball.
- Added logic to momentarily pause raising the drop targets during Send it Back
Multiball when a Double Jackpot was scored via the "MO" targets. This allows
time for the ball to exit the area behind the drop targets before the drop target
bank is raised.
- Added Demogorgon Bashing to Send it Back Multiball. Now the Demogorgon can be
killed by bashing it several times in addition to shooting the ball into the
Demogorgon's head.
- Added a damage Progress Bar to Send it Back Multiball. It appears during
Super Jackpot when the player has an opportunity to bash/kill the Demogorgon
while the center ramp is down.
- Changed the rules for Send it Back Multiball. Now Send it Back Multiball is
a 3 ball multiball with an extended ball saver. Arrow shots are lit for a
Jackpot. Making a lit shot turns off all shots and lights the center lane shot
(and the "MO" targets on either side of the center lane shot) for a Double Jackpot.
Complete all the Jackpots/Double Jackpots to light a Super Jackpot collected
at the Demogorgon's mouth. Once the Super Jackpot shot is made the flippers
are turned off, balls drain and 1 ball is kicked back into play.
- Changed the Send it Back Multiball ball save timer adjustment values. Default
setting time = 40 seconds, min = 5 seconds, max = 100 seconds.
- Now the drop targets stay in the up position during the Jackpot phase of
Send it Back Multiball.
- Moved where the Ball saver timer is displayed during Total Isolation 2 Multiball.
- Added new background looping display artwork for Total Isolation 2 Multiball.
- Now the drop targets stay in the down position during Total Isolation 2 Multiball.
- Changed the rules for Total Isolation 2 Multiball. Now Total Isolation 2 Multiball
is a 2 ball multiball with a 75 second ball saver. Shoot each lit arrow 2 times
to collect a Jackpot/Double Jackpot and qualify Super Jackpot. All collected
Jackpots build the Super Jackpot value. Shoot the center lane, when lit, to
collect 1 of 2 Super Jackpots.
- Fixed a problem where projected images stop drawing on the spinner, ramps,
drop targets, and standup targets at the conclusion of Can't Stop This Multiball.
- Improved the shooter knob light effects during Total Isolation and Total
Isolation 2 Multiball Jackpot and Super Jackpot lightshows.
- Added logic to pause the Operation Mirkwood combo timer when locking balls
or starting Telekinesis Multiball at the left ramp.
- Modified the Mystery award display effect presentation to be shorter when a
multiball event is running.
- Updated the TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ball saver even
after the target game time is met.
- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when the coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.
- Updated to node board firmware v0.62.0

#4741 3 years ago

Wizard mode, yay!! Glad they fixed locking balls in Mirkwood too. And total isolation 2 sounds like an absolute blast now!

#4742 3 years ago

Are there any fixes for the Telekinesis multiball ramp where the ball doesn't make it up the ramp completely and drains right down the middle?

#4743 3 years ago
Quoted from jhngh41:

Are there any fixes for the Telekinesis multiball ramp where the ball doesn't make it up the ramp completely and drains right down the middle?

Outside of adjusting the mech to reduce rejects as much as possible, turning it off is the only thing that will fix that occurrence 100%

#4744 3 years ago

My premium arrives Monday! So excited. Has final showdown been shown yet?

#4745 3 years ago
Quoted from jhngh41:

I'm consistently nudging/slapsaving and saving the ball when this happens now most of the time

#4746 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

My premium arrives Monday! So excited. Has final showdown been shown yet?

You're gonna love it!
No

#4747 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You're gonna love it!
No

Much Excite. Loved when we play tested it. Family vote for the one to take home: ST or JurassicPark. The kids much preferred ST

#4748 3 years ago

after playing a bunch tonight on the latest code I think they were really trying to nail down timing at least on the pro. I was noticing a lot of subtle changes to the audio and a number of the odd things I've seen happen didn't show up tonight. I didn't have any great games tho. Highest score tonight was in the mid 300's.

#4749 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Great! Now you know where to look if it happens again.

I spoke too soon...
I looked at all the connectors and cables and they seemed fine. After lifting the playfield and checking all connections I do the ramp test. Everything works. I have gone as far as testing the ramp 15 times up and down. But after about 6 to 7 games the ramp gets stuck in the middle again.
I see the switches you are talking about. They look good but not sure. Is it possible one is bad? Which one is the "home"? I cannot tell. TIA!

20200716_181240 (resized).jpg20200716_181240 (resized).jpg20200716_181035 (resized).jpg20200716_181035 (resized).jpg
#4750 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I spoke too soon...
I looked at all the connectors and cables and they seemed fine. After lifting the playfield and checking all connections I do the ramp test. Everything works. I have gone as far as testing the ramp 15 times up and down. But after about 6 to 7 games the ramp gets stuck in the middle again.
I see the switches you are talking about. They look good but not sure. Is it possible one is bad? Which one is the "home"? I cannot tell. TIA!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know offhand. Put the game in switch test mode (make sure the coin door interlock switch is pulled out or they won't work) and depress each switch. That will tell you if they work, and also give you the name of which switch is which on the screen.

In your picture the one on the right has a pretty sharp bend in the middle post on the switch. These crappy newer Stern switches are pretty famous for breaking off right at the casing. If that switch at the right doesn't register, or only registers intermittently, I'd look more closely at that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,212 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/95?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.