IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 448.
#4651 3 years ago

I can't get the new code to download. Anyone have this issue or a solution? I have just used chrome in the past to download it. I have tried explorer. I also tried an incognito window. Nothing seems to work.

#4652 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

It's good to see some strategy talk outside of mechanical talk! I always play the modes first and go for the extra ball. I always tried to combine the demodog modes with TK multi-ball based on a stream from Chuck early on in the game code. I'm not sure if that's still a good strategy or not. Lol. The demogorgon modes annoy me sometimes. I wish it had like a 25 million bonus for getting it in the demo.
I've been trying really hard to get mystery these days because of all the b*******. Lol.

The demo modes are crazy points if you can make the demo mouth.

First one is pity points for sure, but 15mm from one shot is fine.

Then trap em you can have jackpots that are 4-5 million each, and super jackpots that are 50-60mm each and you get to collect those twice. So 100-120 million from two shots.

Demo mode 3 is hard to score big on, but you get 30mm from each perfect mouth shot and there are three of them. So with double scoring you can get 180 million in three shots.

Run will is very hard now since the super jackpot requires a very well timed shot, but scoring opportunities are similar to trap em (demo mode 2)

Then the final demo mode is a points banana. You can get 200 million with your eyes closed pretty much.

I like how the final demo mode has all 6 balls going. Makes it much harder to collect a full 200 million super jackpot during all that chaos.

#4653 3 years ago
Quoted from 2000man:

I can't get the new code to download. Anyone have this issue or a solution? I have just used chrome in the past to download it. I have tried explorer. I also tried an incognito window. Nothing seems to work.

Do no download it directly to the usb. Download it to your desktop. Are you saying you can’t even get that to work?

#4654 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do no download it directly to the usb. Download it to your desktop. Are you saying you can’t even get that to work?

I can't get it to download to my desktop. I have tried three different computers. I might try a different network. I could just try Starbucks, Panera or the public library. I can't figure it out.

#4655 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then trap em you can have jackpots that are 4-5 million each, and super jackpots that are 50-60mm each and you get to collect those twice. So 100-120 million from two shots.
Demo mode 3 is hard to score big on, but you get 30mm from each perfect mouth shot and there are three of them. So with double scoring you can get 180 million in three shots.
Run will is very hard now since the super jackpot requires a very well timed shot, but scoring opportunities are similar to trap em (demo mode 2)
Then the final demo mode is a points banana. You can get 200 million with your eyes closed pretty much.
I like how the final demo mode has all 6 balls going. Makes it much harder to collect a full 200 million super jackpot during all that chaos.

Is run will the one that has the ramp going up and down? The most satisfying shot I've ever had in pinball last night when I managed to hit that shot. The later demo modes are really worth a ton but so are the season modes. I always drop everything and go for the quarter hunt especially if I can get double scoring and bring in telekinesis multiball. That can be worth huge points. I find some other modes, while worth a lot like Save Will, are not really worth shooting for if you miss the shots and on my machine the left orbit and right ramp can sometimes be tricky if timing is off at all. Operation Mirkwood and follow the compass are like that as well so while those modes are running I try to go after the demogorgon or start up one of the demodog modes. The game is hard to have a firm strategy on at least for me. I find it's a bit of a target of opportunity play especially with the pops randomizing the modes.

Of course I'm only now getting to play the full game and I have not even seen telekinesis 2 yet.

#4656 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Is run will the one that has the ramp going up and down?

Yeah. That’s definitely a really satisfying shot. Loving how they implemented that.

Yeah I like how the game can send you down different paths depending on what modes you draw or how the general flow of the game is going. Sometimes I get through most of the demo modes before any of the main modes, and other times I’m only on demo mode 2 after playing total isolation.

I also love that big scoring opportunities are all over the place in this game. Sucks when you biff all of them, but it’s nice that you never feel out of scoring a big score.

#4657 3 years ago

What % are people getting "Bull$@!t mode" as a mystery award? I have probably played 20-30 games since updating to 0.94 and have not been awarded that mode once.

#4658 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

What % are people getting "Bull$@!t mode" as a mystery award? I have probably played 20-30 games since updating to 0.94 and have not been awarded that mode once.

I don't know the percentage. I probably played 100 games without getting it once and then the last two days I've seen it three times.

#4659 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Mine is higher than zero percent I know that. Haha.

I would recommend playing for longer sessions. You’ll see it at least once if you play for an hour or so I’d say. Also concentrate on getting mystery.

#4660 3 years ago

OK, thanks guys. Haven't had too much time to play lately, but posted a few scores in the 300-400 mil range and was thinking I would have seen it at least once. I'll keep trying!

#4661 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I've only seen it once. Seems like I always have demo dog and mystery lit at the same time so it just gives Add Time.

#4662 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe I'll try a new strategy in the next game! For three months I was hitting the demo easily. I played over the weekend and was struggling to hit it. Maybe something moved. Lol

#4663 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Maybe I'll try a new strategy in the next game! For three months I was hitting the demo easily. I played over the weekend and was struggling to hit it. Maybe something moved. Lol

Haha. Very possible unfortunately.

#4664 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I find it easier to hit after a fresh wax.

#4665 3 years ago

Ok. Send a message if interested. I’m in Chattanooga Tennessee

#4666 3 years ago

I've seen BS mode only 4 times since it was added. The novelty has worn off a bit.

#4667 3 years ago

It’s just some funny added callouts to chuckle at when it’s running.

I will turn off the video mode after I play it a handful of times probably. Haha.

A mode I’ve grown to like a lot more is compass. It’s fun to try and hit the shots as quickly as possible so the callouts string together nicely. That sequence of quotes is great.

#4668 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That sequence of quotes is great.

"Uuhhhh, I think a portal to another dimension will be pretty obvious!"
Is my favorite!!!

#4669 3 years ago

A quick thank you to chuckwurt and others who suggested the Titan glow rubbers and speaker light kit. Really cool mods, and I wouldn't have gone for it without the overwhelming number of people here suggesting it. I still can't bring myself to put Billy's Camaro in there. Looks cool, but then you also need the sheriff's truck. Then the road signs. And before you know it, your STh looks like the clearance aisle in the final days of Toys R Us.

Speaking of mods...when the hell is MezelMods going to get the shooter eject protectors for this game???

#4670 3 years ago

Who has the arcade sign from Mezel and is it as good as it looks? Tough buy at the price but it does seem very well made.

Trying to decide what is better to have, that or sterns shooter rod?

#4671 3 years ago

Arcade sign probably the best mod for ST, then shooter rod. But I would get both

#4672 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who has the arcade sign from Mezel and is it as good as it looks? Tough buy at the price but it does seem very well made.

Mezel’s sign is awesome. Really glad I went with his.

But the shooter rod is fantastic, too. It’s really bright and integrated into the code really well already.

Gun to head I’d probably say the shooter rod. It really adds to the game even from a distance.

#4673 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To your first question: yes. (I was a beta tester for them and my first sign toppled over after a couple weeks. But they're absolutely terrific now!)

As to what is better to have: they're both essential, as others have said. (And the price of the Mezel sign isn't bad when you consider the price of the shooter rod.)

Everybody bend over and grab your ankles: the topper should be just around the corner.

#4675 3 years ago

Let’s put it this way, I ordered the Mezel arcade sign and the Stern shooter on the 4th of July and I don’t even own the game yet. I don’t want to get screwed with discontinued mods like I have in the past. Those are two of the best I’ve seen in some time (UV light kit too).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4676 3 years ago

Yeah I’m not a mod person either, but these have been great. The shooter rod is a good shape (hate heads and sharp objects), uV is obviously awesome), and the arcade sign seems very well built.

No rush for me, but the reviews are greatly appreciated.

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm debating on whether to add the Arcade sign...I do have the Stern Shooter Rod, and it is indeed Pimp!!! Looks awesome with the lighting effects on the new code.

#4678 3 years ago

Yeah looked awesome in the videos I’ve seen and the JP one looks badass too.

#4679 3 years ago

The arcade sign looks like it came on the game stock. It integrates into a spot that obscures nothing, and you can still see Eleven on the back panel just fine to the left. Its bright enough to really stand out, but not so much to be obnoxious. It’s the best of the playfield mods for sure.

#4680 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The arcade sign looks like it came on the game stock. It integrates into a spot that obscures nothing, and you can still see Eleven on the back panel just fine to the left. Its bright enough to really stand out, but not so much to be obnoxious. It’s the best of the playfield mods for sure.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Nice, I'm going to order one of these.

#4681 3 years ago
Quoted from 2000man:

I can't get it to download to my desktop. I have tried three different computers. I might try a different network. I could just try Starbucks, Panera or the public library. I can't figure it out.

Follow these steps in this order.
Disk Cleanup. (Erase all cookies from browser).
Download another antivirus software.
Disable Windows Defender.
In your new antivirus Turn off Protection for 1 or 2 hours.
Download the update code from Stern.
Extract to Flash Drive.

This should do the trick.
Download the file again.

#4682 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’m not a mod person either, but these have been great. The shooter rod is a good shape (hate heads and sharp objects), uV is obviously awesome), and the arcade sign seems very well built.
No rush for me, but the reviews are greatly appreciated.

Couldn’t agree more on the “shape” of the rod. Can’t stand the heads and ones that want to murder your hand. This one is just right. Shape, theme, integration. Love it.

#4683 3 years ago

Anyone have an installed pic of the Mezel arcade sign from the players point of view? I don’t think I’ve seen that yet.

#4684 3 years ago

The arcade sign looks the same from the players perspective as what you see in the pics. It's in the back corner and doesn't obscure anything. The ONLY down side is if you have an airball back there, it'll get caught on the sign supports rather than dropping back to the playfield. But that's only happened to me twice in the past few months.

#4686 3 years ago

I went deep on the demogorgon modes last night. "Can't stop this" is plenty fun! But the prior 4-ball multiball they need to fix. Having that flap going up and down in a 4-ball mayhem will only dent the flap and ding the balls. What is your opinion on this?

#4687 3 years ago

Yep...there's that option as well. Lermods makes some awesome mods, and they're great people to boot. And they're from Jersey. So all in all I'm a happy customer.

#4688 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I went deep on the demogorgon modes last night. "Can't stop this" is plenty fun! But the prior 4-ball multiball they need to fix. Having that flap going up and down in a 4-ball mayhem will only dent the flap and ding the balls. What is your opinion on this?

I was thinking the same thing. It IS very fun but it may cause issues. That front edge of the ramp needs to stay completely straight and smooth. If it becomes bent or dented that will affect the consistency of the demo shot AND may cause more wear on the playfield.

#4689 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Follow these steps in this order.
Disk Cleanup. (Erase all cookies from browser).
Download another antivirus software.
Disable Windows Defender.
In your new antivirus Turn off Protection for 1 or 2 hours.
Download the update code from Stern.
Extract to Flash Drive.
This should do the trick.
Download the file again.

THANKS!!! I will try these steps and get back to you.

#4690 3 years ago

I took a couple full power shots to the edge of the ramp and have no damage I can see yet. I do have a slight dimple in the middle of the ramp but it looks more like it came from an airball.

#4691 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Anyone have an installed pic of the Mezel arcade sign from the players point of view? I don’t think I’ve seen that yet.

Note that the Mezel sign mounts on the opposite side of the PF as the Lermods sign does. Lermods’ appears to mount on top of the ramp guard on the top left. Mezel’s has a 3D printed bracket that allows it to sit down into the dead space of the left ramp loop.

5B2CF98A-CF0B-4049-9A15-41C32E94B051 (resized).jpeg5B2CF98A-CF0B-4049-9A15-41C32E94B051 (resized).jpegA33D61E3-D8DE-46CA-A7A3-1230E3BE1711 (resized).jpegA33D61E3-D8DE-46CA-A7A3-1230E3BE1711 (resized).jpegDF71AC60-50A9-4781-836F-B738BBD77055 (resized).jpegDF71AC60-50A9-4781-836F-B738BBD77055 (resized).jpeg

#4692 3 years ago

oh so close. Almost cracked 1 billion. Been so close on SW and GB but this is the closest. Finally got to total isolation 2 and WOW when the machine went dark and all I had to do was hit that last demogorgon. Something else. Fumbled pretty much every multiball but walked away with almost 250 mil from total isolation 2. Only got to the 4th demo mode on this game too. Barely got any points from that route tonight. My son has forced me to put DAD on all of our machines instead of my normal ERB. I guess it makes him feel better somehow lol. Good luck beating that son

IMG_20200708_234545204 (resized).jpgIMG_20200708_234545204 (resized).jpgIMG_20200708_234531247 (resized).jpgIMG_20200708_234531247 (resized).jpg

#4693 3 years ago

That’s a damn good score!!!

#4694 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Note that the Mezel sign mounts on the opposite side of the PF as the Lermods sign does. Lermods’ appears to mount on top of the ramp guard on the top left. Mezel’s has a 3D printed bracket that allows it to sit down into the dead space of the left ramp loop.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is such a perfect spot for it. Obstructs nothing like everyone said. Should have been there from the factory. Thanks for the pics!

#4695 3 years ago

I decided early on to do my own sign but in the end changed my mind again wanting to not have it as a feature. So instead mounted one half of the print on the ramp above the left ramp entrance.
Really subtle and as an added bonus it sort of glows in upside down mode with the uv kit. Really like it.
If anyone wants this style of thing get in touch with Mr Tantrum. The walkie talkie shooter lane mod is also fantastic imo.

#4696 3 years ago

I love this machine, but I am absolute trash at it...

#4697 3 years ago

Does anybody have the speaker lights kit that looks like Christmas lights around the panel? And if so can someone post a video of it? I may move my Type 13s to my JP and get the Type 12s that have that option in it.

Thanks again to chuckwurt for letting me know (in another speaker lights thread) how to modify the Type 13 lights to get the red/blue/purple animation. Green and yellow were making me puke.

That dude's gotta be up for Pinside MVP...

#4698 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks again to chuckwurt for letting me know (in another speaker lights thread) how to modify the Type 13 lights to get the red/blue/purple animation. Green and yellow were making me puke.
That dude's gotta be up for Pinside MVP...

Link to this?

#4700 3 years ago

I was talking about where chuckwurt showed how to modify the settings but those do look cool in the thread you linked

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.