IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 449.
#4501 3 years ago

Today I have found the perfect way to release the " Telekinesis Lock " cleanly.
All clean shots, even some backhand shots, are caught.

First I made a sheet of metal which I bent slightly and backed with a solid foam.
Then I glued this directly above the light switch from the inside into the ramp.
This way the ball is directed to the left when shooting at the ramp, which are hit in the middle or on the right and runs cleanly up the folding ramp.

I also mounted the ramp to the front (as I wrote before) and the ramp is played cleanly upwards.

Have a look at the pictures !

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

#4502 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is in the next week or so. They’ve been pretty consistent twice a month.

It is today for 0.96 Looks like those of you with the shooter rod will be happy and some welcome changes to multiball modes.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/STRANGER_THINGS_PRO_0_96_0-README.txt

Installing now

#4503 3 years ago

Can’t wait to see the video mode( if it’s still going to happen)but I really like the direction this pin is headed

#4504 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Looks like those of you with the shooter rod will be happy

happy indeed. i didn't realize these LEDs would be interactive, blink, fade etc. finally realizing what i spent $ on here. good stuff people.

#4505 3 years ago

It is today for 0.96 Looks like those of you with the shooter rod will be happy and some welcome changes to multiball modes.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/STRANGER_THINGS_PRO_0_96_0-README.txt
Installing now

Awesome! Love updates!
Still no video mode or lockdown bar button use though. Bummer

#4506 3 years ago
Quoted from Pittfallass:

Are you able to backhand the lock from a cradle now?

#4507 3 years ago

Yay updated demogorgon multiball rules!

Also I asked for the final showdown increase in difficulty. Sorry. Haha

#4508 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yay updated demogorgon multiball rules!
Also I asked for the final showdown increase in difficulty. Sorry. Haha

Is final showdown coded? I thought it wasn’t yet.

#4509 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Is final showdown coded? I thought it wasn’t yet.

Nope. Not in yet. I just asked for the qualifications to get there to be harder. Now you need to play all the demo dog and demogorgon modes to get there. Before you only needed to play the first one.

I think SJP in TK MB should be needed too, but I’ll take what I can get. Haha

#4510 3 years ago

New Stranger Things Code!!

So first hour will be the mystery game, then Stranger Things at 9pm abouts.

#4511 3 years ago

Hey chuckwurt , I’m still on .92. Can I skip ahead to .96 or do I need to do .94 first ?

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Hey chuckwurt , I’m still on .92. Can I skip ahead to .96 or do I need to do .94 first ?

You can go right to 0.96

#4514 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also I asked for the final showdown increase in difficulty.

I heard its more difficult to get there if you don't put a fan on your right flipper coil

#4515 3 years ago

Well I'll never see the end then as my demo shot is still fubar. Planning on going back to the old ramp this weekend. It started out good but then quickly deteriorated into worse than the old ramp as far as success goes. I've sent stern the slo-mo video as well as more info and it's in "engineering" but have heard nothing since Monday. I think the left kickout is bending the ramp worse and worse each time it hits it. At least the misses were consistent with the old ramp. Now it's all over the place. I think with the slo-mo with the old ramp I could engineer my own fix since it was consistent

#4516 3 years ago

Well I'll never see the end then as my demo shot is still fubar still.

Just need to play them all, don’t need to do well in them. There is only two single ball ones. The other ones end once you’re down to one ball in play.

But yeah you definitely want to get your issue fixed because it’s half the game playing those modes successfully. Hopefully you figure it out eventually.

#4517 3 years ago

The demo modes are the cause of probably 75% of my drains down the middle. When I don't shoot for it my games are much longer.

#4518 3 years ago

Did you see my posts? I had the same issue. Adjusted demo and put old ramp back on. I can hit him on the fly now.

#4519 3 years ago

Also, now that the game is progressing, I can nit pick over other things. Lol
So you think they will fit the pixilated animations? Like extra ball, that's one they made it shouldn't be pixilated.

#4520 3 years ago

I'm not a fan of the new faded/ghosted insert lighting in attract mode.

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Did you see my posts? I had the same issue. Adjusted demo and put old ramp back on. I can hit him on the fly now.

I went back and looked, what kind of washers did you replace the black spacers with? From your posts it sounds like our machines are exhibiting the exact same problem so will look to do the same fix. Did the new mylar work with the old ramp or did you have to put a new piece down?

#4522 3 years ago

Also I am getting some static or something from my right backbox speaker now. This is new with the latest update. Very distracting

#4523 3 years ago

I went back and looked, what kind of washers did you replace the black spacers with? From your posts it sounds like our machines are exhibiting the exact same problem so will look to do the same fix. Did the new mylar work with the old ramp or did you have to put a new piece down?

I just used the metal washers that stern uses on the standoff screws. 2 per side after removing the black ones.
I also removed the stand off under his chin.
The new mylar placement covered the old ramp just barely. I did ad another strip just to make sure.
Now that I can leave the ramp up all the time, I'm going to remove all the mylar and just have one good one again.

#4524 3 years ago
Quoted from Pittfallass:

First I made a sheet of metal which I bent slightly and backed with a solid foam.
Then I glued this directly above the light switch from the inside into the ramp.
This way the ball is directed to the left when shooting at the ramp, which are hit in the middle or on the right and runs cleanly up the folding ramp.
I also mounted the ramp to the front (as I wrote before) and the ramp is played cleanly upwards.
Have a look at the pictures !
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's really hard to tell what you did. Can you post better pics? Thanks.

#4525 3 years ago

The revamped Run Will and Cant Stop this Multiballs are so good! Especially Can’t stop this.

Peoples scores are about to get a lot higher. Can’t stop this is crazy points if you’re making shots.

Spoiler alert here are clips of the multiballs if you want to see them:

Can’t stop this:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667505064

Run Will:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667505063

#4526 3 years ago

Yes!! Reminds me of cherry bomb on GOTG

#4527 3 years ago

Hello, do you think there will be specific rules for "light the fire" and "sendit back"?
What will the button on the lock bar do?
No more video mode?

#4528 3 years ago

hi all,
any vid on the shooter rod with the new code ?
i would like to see it in action before any purchase,
Best regards

#4529 3 years ago

wow !

cant wait to play this ! looks very fun

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The revamped Run Will and Cant Stop this Multiballs are so good! Especially Can’t stop this.
Peoples scores are about to get a lot higher. Can’t stop this is crazy points if you’re making shots.
Spoiler alert here are clips of the multiballs if you want to see them:
Can’t stop this:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667505064
Run Will:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667505063

#4530 3 years ago

Corvair61 sent him funds for some black diamond film And I have not heard anything since,it was not much money but I would like the film,I understand it makes the picture clearer,does it really do anything?

#4531 3 years ago

here is my testimonial : the corvair's vinyl have a good contrast, it's true. However it's not a real black diamond vinyl. In my opinion, the results are not the same as for the original black diamond.

I installed the corvair vinyl which improves the contrast. But I find that the rendering is too dark, and that this vinyl havent got a good looking on the playfield (the vinyl have a dark color). So i removed it. On the other hand, the real black diamond was showned by Dri on this forum : the look and feel is incredible (Take a look on his last video on twich, the vinyl have a grey purple color).

https://www.twitch.tv/dri374/video/650743194

The problem is that it is very difficult to find this vinyl. You have to go to screeninnovations.com, then contact a local reseller, then request a sample with a pretext like a project for your home cinema. This is a hard way because usually they dont sell a small surface kit like for our screen on the ST.
anyway, you can go with corvair or you can try to find the original vinyl and good luck to find it !

Quoted from rockrand:

Corvair61 sent him funds for some black diamond film And I have not heard anything since,it was not much money but I would like the film,I understand it makes the picture clearer,does it really do anything?

#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello, do you think there will be specific rules for "light the fire" and "sendit back"?
What will the button on the lock bar do?
No more video mode?

Those two modes aren’t in the game yet. Neither is final showdown. They are coming.

Not sure on the lock bar button. It will probably do something, just nothing substantial. Brian didn’t seem like he had any major plans for it.

I’d be surprised if no video mode is added.

#4533 3 years ago

.96 change log:
V0.96.0 - July 1, 2020
=====================

- Added shooter knob lamp effects for bashing/killing the Demogorgon during
Bust Out, Trap'Em, What's That, Run Will and Can't Stop This modes/multiballs.
- Fixed a bug where the Mystery rule could award "Demogorgon Ready" when a
Demogorgon mode/multiball was already in the "Ready" state.
- Fixed a problem with the Mystery lightshows of Extra Ball, 5-Way Combo,
Burn it Back Lit, Demodog Attack Lit, Lock Ball, and Spell of Protection
where the playfield light associated with each rule didn't blink as the award
was revealed.
- Added Mystery award lightshows for Burn it Back Lit, Demodog Attack Lit, and
5-Way Combo.
- Added a blinking shooter knob lamp effect while Mystery is being awarded.
- Changed the alternating full playfield blinking lamp resources to make the
blinking shooter knob lamps more prevalent.
- Added shooter knob light effects to Season 1 and Season 2 mode advance,
start and award lightshows.
- Added shooter knob light effects to the bottom lane lightshows.
- Added shooter knob light effects to the Telekinesis Multiball lightshows.
- The shooter knob lights are now ON during Demogorgon/Demodog modes/multiballs.
- Added shooter knob light effects to the lightshows of rules that use the
entire playfield to alternately blink neighboring lamps.
- Added shooter knob light effects to the attract mode, skill shot, Demogorgon
modes/multiballs, Demodog modes, and Mystery lit/award rules.
- Changed the criteria for qualifying Final Showdown. Now ALL Demogorgon
modes/multiballs and Demodog modes must be played to qualify their portion of
the Final Showdown criteria.
- Added an adjustment to allow the ramp to be in the raised/lowered position
during the attract mode.
- Now the Demogorgon Ready display effect timing is more precise.
- Added a center lane light chasing effect to Trap'Em Multiball when the
Demogorgon and Super Jackpot are ready to be collected.
- Added logic to the Demogorgon multiballs/modes center lane light chasing lamp
effects to co-exist with other active modes/multiballs.
- Changed the rules for Can't Stop This Multiball. Now Can't Stop This Multiball
is a 60 second timed multiball where 5 Balls continue to cycle back into play
upon draining. Shoot lit arrow shoots to collect Jackpots and qualify Super
Jackpot. All collected Jackpots build a Super Jackpot value that is collected
by shooting the ball into the Demogorgon's mouth.
- Added an adjustment to Can't Stop This Multiball that determines the number
of unique Jackpots needed to qualify a Super Jackpot, Default setting = 5.
- Added a light strobing effect to Run Will Multiball when the Super Jackpot
is ready to be collected.
- Now the drop targets stay in the down position during Can't Stop This Multiball.
- Modified all Mystery Award display effects that follow the Mystery Award
to be able to be blown off by flippers.
- Fixed an issue where the "Burn it Back Lit" mystery award was being awarded
even if it was already "lit".
- Changed the rules for Run Will Multiball. Now Run Will Multiball starts with
4 balls in play. Shoot the ball into the Demogorgon's mouth (or bash the
Demogorgon Body) to collect and lock in the hurry up award that is counting down.
Once collected knock down 4 drop targets to collect 4 locked in Jackpots and
qualify Super Jackpot. The Super Jackpot is collected by shooting the ball
past a rising/lowering ramp and into the Demogorgon's mouth.
- Now the Mystery "Add Time" award will add time to all Demodog modes, Bulls@!t,
2X Scoring, Telekinesis Multiball locks, and Season 1-2 Chapter modes.
- Fixed a problem where the wrong Mystery Multiball award video was played.

(Don't forget to upvote)

#4534 3 years ago

New option in the mystery mode : « eleven » ?
What is it ?

#4535 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

New option in the mystery mode : « eleven » ?
What is it ?

Video mode maybe? I’ve never gotten it. That and collect image or whatever are inactive I think.

#4536 3 years ago

Omg this update is really awesome
The new rules and multiballs on « run Will » and « cant stop this » Are crazy !!!
4F37F007-BC76-4C8C-8012-41E39B9BD594 (resized).jpeg4F37F007-BC76-4C8C-8012-41E39B9BD594 (resized).jpeg

#4537 3 years ago

Nice! Yeah scores are going to be a lot higher now.

#4538 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Omg this update is really awesome
The new rules and multiballs on « run Will » and « cant stop this » Are crazy !!!
[quoted image]

Congrats for the 1 billion score, dude!

#4539 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

here is my testimonial : the corvair's vinyl have a good contrast, it's true. However it's not a real black diamond vinyl. In my opinion, the results are not the same as for the original black diamond.
I installed the corvair vinyl which improves the contrast. But I find that the rendering is too dark, and that this vinyl havent got a good looking on the playfield (the vinyl have a dark color). So i removed it. On the other hand, the real black diamond was showned by Dri on this forum : the look and feel is incredible (Take a look on his last video on twich, the vinyl have a grey purple color).
https://www.twitch.tv/dri374/video/650743194
The problem is that it is very difficult to find this vinyl. You have to go to screeninnovations.com, then contact a local reseller, then request a sample with a pretext like a project for your home cinema. This is a hard way because usually they dont sell a small surface kit like for our screen on the ST.
anyway, you can go with corvair or you can try to find the original vinyl and good luck to find it !

I also originally tried corvair’s vinyl. I did not see the same results that he did and posted long ago, either. His material is a vinyl that is utilized for other purposes, from what I can tell.

I had a friend in the industry get me large samples of Screen Innovations Black Diamond and also Stewart Filmscreen Firehawk G5. I also got this sample set off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E9LMOC2

Firehawk and Black Diamond are completely comparable to one another. Both are dark gray and improve contrast and blacks a ton. The two gray screens in the sample pack are also very good, honestly. The lighter gray is better for brighter rooms than maybe any of them, honestly, but doesn’t offer the contrast or blacks improvement of the darker choices.

All told, if you don’t have access to the high end stuff, the Amazon samples are honestly just as good, and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them and use them. They are vastly superior to the stock material. *Note* only replace the material on the screen, drop targets and stand up targets behind the drops. This stuff won’t help on the ramps or non-vertical surfaces.

I also bought and Used this corner cutter that someone earlier recommended (Small cut):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0076FJ7SS

#4540 3 years ago

I love Run Will! It's super cool with the ramp cycling up and down.

Couple of odd things I've noticed with .96.

Sometimes a left ramp shot will light an insert on the left orbit tree. Is this intended? I know mystery lane will spot inserts, but not usually left ramp.

Normally while playing a TK multiball you can't start a mode. That's why I'm always trying to start modes first and then stack a multiball. Today I was awarded a TK multiball from mystery. While playing that multiball, I was able to start a mode.
Intended this way or an error?

#4541 3 years ago

Sounds like two errors to me. I would send to the bug email just to be sure.

#4542 3 years ago

I have a problem with my ramp. gets stuck for a few seconds when the mode ends or when you beat the Demogorgon. if you hit the drop targets it goes back up. The ramp does this 10% of the time. Anyone experience this? Thanks in advance!

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#4543 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I have a problem with my ramp. gets stuck for a few seconds when the mode ends or when you beat the Demogorgon. if you hit the drop targets it goes back up. The ramp does this 10% of the time. Anyone experience this? Thanks in advance! [quoted image]

Check the two switches under the PF on the wheel that tell the machine when the ramp has completed its up or down. Sounds like a loose wire or flaky switch. Put it in switch test mode and see if both work, and then wiggle the wires to them and see if it makes the switch trigger.

#4544 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the two switches under the PF on the wheel that tell the machine when the ramp has completed its up or down. Sounds like a loose wire or flaky switch. Put it in switch test mode and see if both work, and then wiggle the wires to them and see if it makes the switch trigger.

Ok, thanks! I will check that out.

#4545 3 years ago

Anyone know if there is a "secret" to know what Barb shot to hit in order to score the $40M? I wish it were like X-Men where there was a picture of something that gave you a hint and it took time to decode the location. Maybe Brian could code something more in besides sheer luck in hitting the right shot first.

#4546 3 years ago

A random shot is the 40 mil. It's pure luck. You can shoot the left kick out to have the machine tell you where she is but you don't get the 40 mil if you do that

#4547 3 years ago

I got an email back from "engineering" that just said play with the end stop switch to try to push it down more. When asked about the non-level they just said they have never seen one that wasn't flat to the playfield and it must have been made wrong. They didn't offer another ramp yet

I made 4 adjustments to my machine today to try and fix this

1. I tried to adjust the end stroke but there is just no play in it. It was already down as far as it could go.
2. The ramp looks to be made of spring steel or something. Really hard to bend. I went slow and constantly testing to try to get it as level as possible. The shot was still not make-able but it was now consistently low.
3. I took the demo apart and trimmed the excess plastic inside the mouth. This actually made a huge difference in the mouth hole. I went slow with a knife and took out quite a bit of material. First pic is the before. The other two of the demo mouth are the after
4. As mentioned above I took out the 4.75mm black spacers and 3D printed 2.75mm spacers to replace it. This brings the demo down and it sits directly on the front stud so there is now no rocking forward the demo can do.

So far in testing I have not seen a rejection from the left flipper and I'm now nearly 100% from a cradled left flipper. I still cannot make it from the right flipper. I think my next step is to swap the original ramp back in and see if that makes any difference.

Progress anyway
IMG_20200702_164229951 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_164229951 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_170847545 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_170847545 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_170843700 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_170843700 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_172209411_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_172209411_HDR (resized).jpg

#4548 3 years ago

Hell yeah man. Glad to hear. Maybe original ramp will get you good on the right flipper too. I assume you’ve played with the right flipper power too? I’d do the easy stuff before swapping ramps again.

#4549 3 years ago

yeah I've played with the power quite a bit. It's hitting far to low even at full power from the right flipper. I could go no washers and it wouldn't make it. Left flipper looks good to go at 240-245. I've got right at 250 right now. As I said, progress. I think the engineer might be right and I got another bad ramp. Just my luck lol. With the old ramp the right was hitting higher so I'm hoping the old ramp will make me golden. Should have just done this months ago but wanted to see if Stern would fix it.

#4550 3 years ago

SWEET!

20200702_170309 (resized).jpg20200702_170309 (resized).jpg20200702_170318 (resized).jpg20200702_170318 (resized).jpg20200702_170250 (resized).jpg20200702_170250 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/91?hl=billypilgrim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.