IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 448.
#4451 3 years ago

Stern UV kit, spinning arcade sign from mezel mods, and the stern lighted dice shooter rod are a must

#4452 3 years ago

Guys, please take a minute to rate this game. It absolutely deserves a great rating here on pinside IMO. Especially the Premium and LE. It's such a great game that still has that "one more game" feel after hundreds of games played.
The premium hasn't even reached the threshold of 25 ratings to be included in the top 100. Only 15 people have rated it so far.
I know, some of you will say "the top 100 and the ratings don't mean anything". You're entitled to your opinion. I respectfully disagree.
Thanks

#4453 3 years ago

Game isn’t complete. I’ll rate it when it reaches 1.0.

#4454 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Slo-mo record the demogorgon entrance as you hit it over and over with the glass off from the left flipper (which should be the easiest). Then examine the slo-mo shots to see how exactly the ball is physically being rejected at the entrance (and if you happen to get one in, how does that look?). iPhone is a fantastic pinball diagnostic tool for this because of the slo-mo recording feature.
Once you have some slo-mo to go on, it will become less about guessing and more about fixing the actual issue with yours.

Ha, turns out my phone does have slo-mo. I didn't think I had anything that would do that. Will give it a try and see what's what. Thanks

#4455 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Game isn’t complete. I’ll rate it when it reaches 1.0.

You make a valid point

#4456 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Stern UV kit, spinning arcade sign from mezel mods, and the stern lighted dice shooter rod are a must

Check, check, and check! (If only the damn shooter would actually LIGHT!)

Quoted from imagamejunky:

The UV kit is just fantastic. Even better if you add titan glow rubbers. It even looks great in a well lit room.

I have the glow rubbers on my AFM, and they're cool and all. But doesn't the greenish hue look like crap on ST? Doesn't really match anything.

Guys, please take a minute to rate this game. It absolutely deserves a great rating here on pinside IMO. Especially the Premium and LE. It's such a great game that still has that "one more game" feel after hundreds of games played.
The premium hasn't even reached the threshold of 25 ratings to be included in the top 100. Only 15 people have rated it so far.
I know, some of you will say "the top 100 and the ratings don't mean anything". You're entitled to your opinion. I respectfully disagree.
Thanks

Nope. My 4-step plan for world domination of this game:

Step 1: Don't rate the game. Let the pre-judgmental idiots around here continue to think the game sucks.
Step 2: Wait for Stern to discontinue production due to disappointing sales.
Step 3: Rate the game highly and watch as everybody realizes what a great game it truly is (like what happened with GOT).
Step 4: Profit.

#4457 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Ha, turns out my phone does have slo-mo. I didn't think I had anything that would do that. Will give it a try and see what's what. Thanks

Most of them do these days. It's an excellent diagnostic tool. If you can't get it slow enough to see what's happening, send me a link to the video and I'll slow it down even more.

#4458 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have the glow rubbers on my AFM, and they're cool and all. But doesn't the greenish hue look like crap on ST? Doesn't really match anything.

Yes. Small price to pay for what they look like during the upside down though.

#4459 3 years ago

Thanks

Don't want to turn this into a Pro v. Premium/LE battle. But I like the Pro better for 2 or 3K less. The two premium/le features are underwhelming for me. Even the most ardent supporters of this game think the magnet lock just absolutely sucks. And the projector is all a matter of opinion. Does nothing for me. I prefer the Demogorgon emerging from Hawkins lab rather than a drive-in theater.

#4460 3 years ago

Assuming you have the magnet dialed it’s awesome. I was so glad to turn it back on after it being off for a month.

#4461 3 years ago

For those that have put the new ramp on is it digging into your playfield as well? It almost looks like it's cut through the new mylar. I'm getting an unsightly white line forming where it touches that is very noticeable after 2 days when the ramp is up. I tried cleaning it with novus but it only got marginally better.

#4462 3 years ago

For those that have put the new ramp on is it digging into your playfield as well? It almost looks like it's cut through the new mylar. I'm getting an unsightly white line forming where it touches that is very noticeable after 2 days when the ramp is up. I tried cleaning it with novus but it only got marginally better.

Maybe adjust the ramp position sensor underneath so it doesn't drop the ramp quite as far down, so the ramp is still making contact, but it's not digging in as hard.

#4463 3 years ago

ok cool, Didn't realize there was a sensor down there for it. Will take a look

#4464 3 years ago

ok cool, Didn't realize there was a sensor down there for it. Will take a look

One switch tells it when it's up, one tells it when it's down. You should be able to make it stop sooner by bending the "down sensor" switch arm a little so it triggers sooner.

If you need more than that, maybe you can loosen the collar on the drive arm and advance/retard it for a bigger change.

Ramp_sensor.jpgRamp_sensor.jpg

#4465 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Assuming you have the magnet dialed it’s awesome. I was so glad to turn it back on after it being off for a month.

What success rate do you have with the dialed in lock mech?
I followed Sterns instructions and the reject rate is probably close to 80%

#4466 3 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

What success rate do you have with the dialed in lock mech?

Almost 100%.

Here’s my most recent stream. Possibly 1-2 over almost 2:30 hours didn’t go when they probably should’ve.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/660602695

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Almost 100%.
Here’s my most recent stream. Possibly 1-2 over almost 2:30 hours didn’t go when they probably should’ve.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/660602695

Okay so what’s different with your mech now?

#4468 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Okay so what’s different with your mech now?

Fans made the biggest difference. Then LOTR special coil for the extra boost of power to hold up over long periods.

I think PinMonk ’s fans will be great for everyone that is experiencing fade over long periods of play.

#4469 3 years ago

Like I’ve said before too Stern is definitely working on something as well. They want to improve the mech as much as possible.

Interested to see what they come up with and hope it fixes the issue for later runs of the game.

#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fans made the biggest difference. Then LOTR special coil for the extra boost of power to hold up over long periods.
I think vireland ’s fans will be great for everyone that is experiencing fade over long periods of play.

Are you using the LOTR coil on both flippers or just the right?

#4471 3 years ago

Right only. Left it at stock power of 255. You have to cut the diode off it though.

But to be honest fans make the biggest difference. Definitely get PinMonk ’s when they are ready.

#4472 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right only. Left it at stock power of 255. You have to cut the diode off it though.
But to be honest fans make the biggest difference. Definitely get vireland ’s when they are ready.

Harnesses for the fan kits are done. Just waiting for the first production samples to test. Everything else is ready to go.

I'm doing temperature testing on Iron Maiden coils this weekend to see what kind of temps it throws out for long games, too.

#4473 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One switch tells it when it's up, one tells it when it's down. You should be able to make it stop sooner by bending the "down sensor" switch arm a little so it triggers sooner.
If you need more than that, maybe you can loosen the collar on the drive arm and advance/retard it for a bigger change.
[quoted image]

I found the switches but there is not a lot of play there to adjust. While I had the glass off I took a look at the ramp closer both up and down before doing any adjustment and perhaps there is another issue. The ramp doesn't sit flush on the left side when the right side is completely flush and kinda digging into the playfield. Looks like about 1mm raised starting about a quarter into the ramp on from the left. This was something Pablo had me look at with the old ramp but it always sat flush all the way across so I didn't have to adjust it. Not sure what the process is for that.

I tried taking the slo-mo video and I was able to capture two successes and a few failures that I think should have gone in both high and low. There were a few that were pretty far off that I couldn't figure out how to edit out. My phone is old so lucky I was able to do slomo at all

Video here

Timecodes: Successes at 0:20, 4:05
Possible rejects high: 0:43, 1:00
Possible rejects low: 1:55, 2:27, 3:45

the rest of the shots were either wildly off or questionable on if they should make it. All shots were from the left flipper. I have 0 success so far from right flipper.

Getting it on youtube was easy, getting it off the phone I'm still working on. Can stick it on dropbox once I figure that out.

IMG_20200627_161401277 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161401277 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161409969 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161409969 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161704613 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161704613 (resized).jpg

#4474 3 years ago

In my new LE with Jan build date it was rejecting every single TK lock shot. I adjusted the coil position on the backside of the backboard so that the arm gap when triggered is about the width of the ball no more. When that didn’t work I noticed the measurement from ramp to top of arm was greater than the 2 inches so I bent that down until it was. When that didn’t work I adjusted the ramp as far downward towards the bottom of the playfield as possible. Bingo bango that did the trick. I still have had one or two rejects but most make it now. Thanks to chuckwurt for posting the stern guide to adjustments.

For what it’s worth having never played the game before, I can hit the demogorgan shot without issue from both flippers.

#4475 3 years ago

Nice! Sounds like yours was pretty solid out of the box.

I’ve found too that the 2” is a tad too much even and you can go under that and it will still make the magnet. Making that arm less steep will help when the flipper gets tired too.

Someone way back mentioned improving the timing of the diverter arm too and I think that has some merit. But no way to be sure until we see what stern comes up with.

#4476 3 years ago

Getting it on youtube was easy, getting it off the phone I'm still working on. Can stick it on dropbox once I figure that out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was able to get the video from youtube and slowed it down some more, although with the speed of the ball, it doesn't help much more.

You might be able to loosen the hex screw for the collar that has the bump on it that triggers the switch to advance it a little so it turns off before the ramp is pushed too far down.

#4477 3 years ago

Finally busted one open!!

Almost started total isolation 1 for the second time in one game. That would’ve been sweet!

88AF91D9-28F5-45B1-9DC4-1E266B7F8B21 (resized).jpeg88AF91D9-28F5-45B1-9DC4-1E266B7F8B21 (resized).jpeg
#4478 3 years ago

Just received the ST shooter rod. No directions! Anyone know where to plug in the LED lead? Fits in one spot on the board but doesn't illuminate

#4479 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Just received the ST shooter rod. No directions! Anyone know where to plug in the LED lead? Fits in one spot on the board but doesn't illuminate

Not coded yet apparently.

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

The code to illuminate it hasn't been released yet, so dark shooter rod and bitter tears for you.

#4481 3 years ago

Someone was looking for photos of the shooter rod installed. Here ya go.

BDC1B056-D475-422F-B115-5AD182DDD0B9 (resized).jpegBDC1B056-D475-422F-B115-5AD182DDD0B9 (resized).jpegF0C03296-F7EA-4D09-B5C2-7CF38CA6491C (resized).jpegF0C03296-F7EA-4D09-B5C2-7CF38CA6491C (resized).jpeg
#4482 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Someone was looking for photos of the shooter rod installed. Here ya go. [quoted image][quoted image]

Well...that's one way to light it up.

#4483 3 years ago

After HOURS of tries and slo mo video, adjusments, fine tuning, the TK Lock does NOT work with the ramp cover: the ball bounce on it 90% of the time and does not climb the arm, then gets rejected.

If I replace the ramp cover with a cardboard one, with the same shape as the plastic one, then the TK Lock works with a success rate of 90% and flipper power set to 210.

My game is setup at about 6.8 degree.

I HOPE that Stern will provide some fix for this mech.

#4484 3 years ago

Any really good video reviews of the latest code and full ruleset? My wife wants to watch one and doesn't want me to teach her.

#4485 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Any really good video reviews of the latest code and full ruleset? My wife wants to watch one and doesn't want me to teach her.

Not that I’ve seen. I’m waiting to do mine until the game is complete.

#4486 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not that I’ve seen. I’m waiting to do mine until the game is complete.

Thanks. Yep, I was looking and didn't see one.

#4487 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not coded yet apparently.

Got it! thanks

#4488 3 years ago

Sounds good,thanks

#4489 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your guys’ ramps are down in attract mode?
Pro or premium? Mines never down in attract mode. And it’s always cycling through projector images.

Where is attract mode in settings I can’t find it

#4490 3 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Where is attract mode in settings I can’t find it

Not in there yet, if you're talking about the setting for the ramp behavior in attract mode.

#4491 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not in there yet, if you're talking about the setting for the ramp behavior in attract mode.

Thanks bro but No I’m just trying to find setting to turn attract mode on or off I can’t find it

#4492 3 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Thanks bro but No I’m just trying to find setting to turn attract mode on or off I can’t find it

What do you mean? Attract mode is always on. There is a setting coming where you can specifically say whether you want the ramp to be up or down in attract mode for the Pro only. It’s not in the game yet though.

#4493 3 years ago

Had my best first ball(might have been 4 extra balls in there) then it kicked my ass 2 straight balls. I have the demo shot perfect now. LOVE THIS GAME!!!

20200628_213134 (resized).jpg20200628_213134 (resized).jpg20200628_213332 (resized).jpg20200628_213332 (resized).jpg
#4495 3 years ago

Thanks!
Finally knocked my son off of Grand champion

#4496 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Thanks!
Finally knocked my son off of Grand champion

Let us know your final demo adjustment method...thx!

#4497 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Let us know your final demo adjustment method...thx!

Mine was hitting low so I needed to lower it. I removed the thick black washers labeled #19 and added 2 thin metal washers in their place. It also worked better with my old ramp.

66b44f7ccc2a730f36428d4e2e6c975aee7023ba (resized).png66b44f7ccc2a730f36428d4e2e6c975aee7023ba (resized).png

I also removed the stand off directly under demos chin, and just added a nut to hold that screw in place.

#4498 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

After HOURS of tries and slo mo video, adjusments, fine tuning, the TK Lock does NOT work with the ramp cover: the ball bounce on it 90% of the time and does not climb the arm, then gets rejected.
If I replace the ramp cover with a cardboard one, with the same shape as the plastic one, then the TK Lock works with a success rate of 90% and flipper power set to 210.
My game is setup at about 6.8 degree.
I HOPE that Stern will provide some fix for this mech.

Yup.

#4499 3 years ago

Anyone know when we're getting another update? I'm picking up a shooter rod and want it to light up.

#4500 3 years ago

My guess is in the next week or so. They’ve been pretty consistent twice a month.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/90?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.