IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 448.
#4401 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I think chuckwurt is right, letting it move more freely might help. I think I may have tightened mine down too much when I put it on the new bracket. Going to pull the demogorgon tomorrow and loosen them a bit and see if that makes any difference.

Can you remove demo by itself to adjust?
Should I make him lean forward or just make it loose to the bracket?

#4402 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Can you remove demo by itself to adjust?
Should I make him lean forward or just make it loose to the bracket?

Yes you can completely take it out of the game. That’s the easiest way to get to those screws that go through the rubber washers.

Anyway to get the demo to lean forward will help as well.

#4403 3 years ago

There are two nuts under the playfield that need to be removed and one screw on top of the playfield. When I put the demogorgon back I didn't put the screw in on top as the two rear nuts should be more than enough. Now I won't need to unscrew the left ramp to get at that screw to remove it. If the first time removing demo then the plastics on the left side of the demo, left ramp need to be unscrewed so you can get to the topside screw.

Also cut the zip tie that is holding the wires for the demogorgon and give it some slack. Mine didn't have any slack when I got it and the demo hardly moved.

The screw we are talking about is the one that goes through the black washer and allows the demo to rock.

IMG_20200207_114134528 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_114134528 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_204303163 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_204303163 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_203129604 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_203129604 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_203116747 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_203116747 (resized).jpg
#4404 3 years ago

Thanks, I will try this later.

#4405 3 years ago

I have an early run pro and have zero issues with the Demo shot; never needed to mod anything, just have to play better as SR would say.

#4406 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I have an early run pro and have zero issues with the Demo shot; never needed to mod anything, just have to play better as SR would say.

You got lucky. Mine was literally impossible. As in no amount of skill would ever put the ball in the mouth.

#4407 3 years ago

I was getting a lot more shots in with the old ramp, but still not many.
Now even if I cradle it, it will not go in. I used to get the random high speed shot go in also. Yesterday I was in TI2 and never came close to hitting it.

#4408 3 years ago

There are two nuts under the playfield that need to be removed and one screw on top of the playfield. When I put the demogorgon back I didn't put the screw in on top as the two rear nuts should be more than enough. Now I won't need to unscrew the left ramp to get at that screw to remove it. If the first time removing demo then the plastics on the left side of the demo, left ramp need to be unscrewed so you can get to the topside screw.
Also cut the zip tie that is holding the wires for the demogorgon and give it some slack. Mine didn't have any slack when I got it and the demo hardly moved.
The screw we are talking about is the one that goes through the black washer and allows the demo to rock. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

when you say topside screw is it the one with the black washer you mentioned or a diff screw?....so you took out the screw facing upwards that goes through the black washer? improves shot?

#4409 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

when you say topside screw is it the one with the black washer you mentioned or a diff screw?....so you took out the screw facing upwards that goes through the black washer? improves shot?

I'm warning about the screw on the top side of the playfield that holds the main demogorgon mount down. There are two long screws that bolt to the underside of the playfield and one top screw. Look to the left behind the demogorgon on the playfield and you will see it. You will have to remove the demogorgon completely to make this adjustment.

The screws to loosen are highlighted.

demogorgon (resized).pngdemogorgon (resized).png

#4410 3 years ago

Stranger things has some competition in my basement now. Both are great games oh, the completely different with how they feel

20200625_161822 (resized).jpg20200625_161822 (resized).jpg

#4411 3 years ago

I noticed that the new ramp has already cut through the new mylar in 2 days. Is there a way to not have it open at the end of every game?

#4412 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I noticed that the new ramp has already cut through the new mylar in 2 days. Is there a way to not have it open at the end of every game?

That definitely should be an option in the settings. I hate it's down in attract mode.

#4413 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:I recommend the glow rubbers from Titan with the UV light kit,.

I had ordered the clear silicone slinghot rubbers, but they let a lot of light pass. I just placed my ordered for the Titan glow rubbers! Can't wait! My UV Kit is shipping next week according to my distributor.

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#4414 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That definitely should be an option in the settings. I hate it's down in attract mode.

Your guys’ ramps are down in attract mode?

Pro or premium? Mines never down in attract mode. And it’s always cycling through projector images.

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your guys’ ramps are down in attract mode?
Pro or premium? Mines never down in attract mode. And it’s always cycling through projector images.

Pro.

#4416 3 years ago

Might be why I haven’t seen my Mylar get as mangled as others.

#4417 3 years ago

I think around .84 made the ramp down in attract on the pro. Wouldn't make sense on the le/prem as they have video projected.

I didn't do such a great job placing the mylar on mine so will need to redo it soon anyway lol. My mylar was longer than the cutout on the template and I didn't realize until too late.

#4418 3 years ago

Mine is hitting low everytime now. I even put the flipper power back up to factory settings. I need to figure out a way to lean him forward, so I'm going back to take him apart. I will post if I figure something out.

#4419 3 years ago

Mine was pulled backwards at first because of the wire ties under the playfield. I cut the ziptie under the playfield that held it against the main wire bundle and made sure it had a lot of slack when I put it back. That was step 1 and everyone should look at make sure it smoothly rocks forward and backward.

#4420 3 years ago

Fellow pro owner, ramp is down in attract as well. I also have a line building on a new machine. Only a matter of time now.

#4421 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Fellow pro owner, ramp is down in attract as well. I also have a line building on a new machine. Only a matter of time now.

Brian said he'd put a system option to leave the ramp up in attract for Pros on the list of things to do.

#4422 3 years ago

I tried loosening those screws on the demogorgon mount last night by a half a turn and I was unable to hit it after that point. I think it was too loose and was not settling back in to it's optimal location. I was getting some wild ricochets that I've never seen before. This machine is finicky for sure. Going to try tightening it back up today when I get a chance to work on the machine.

#4423 3 years ago

Damn. That sucks. A friend of mine did this with his pro and he saw improvement. Really sucks that there isn’t a catch all solution in dialing this game in.

#4424 3 years ago

Loosening hardware and adding washers under the demogorgon didn't fix anything on my game. I tried something that made a difference though. After removing the demogorgon shell from the metal component completely, I VERY carefully trimmed the mouth edge with a small hobby knife. My demogorgon mouth had a decent amount of plastic material that I felt was protruding in. It wasn't uniform in shape either. I only trimmed about 1/16" to 1/8" from some of the edges making the hole slightly larger and definitely more uniform.
This absolutely helped.
Making it into the mouth is not easy by any means but at least it's doable now on my game. Huge improvement.
If you decide to try this, take your time and be very careful. One slip with a razor and you can destroy your demogorgon completely.

#4425 3 years ago

Joined the club! LE 85 landed yesterday.

2F254468-8C18-4972-A40B-FA7969F19C64 (resized).jpeg2F254468-8C18-4972-A40B-FA7969F19C64 (resized).jpegB41C61DC-958E-4510-B166-36C85908F5B6 (resized).jpegB41C61DC-958E-4510-B166-36C85908F5B6 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4427 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Joined the club! LE 85 landed yesterday. [quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Is that a JP with red armor I see?

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Awesome! Is that a JP with red armor I see?

It's a JP with burnt orange sunset armor!

a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e.jpeg (resized).jpga2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e.jpeg (resized).jpg
#4429 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

It's a JP with burnt orange sunset armor!

Looks fantastic! Nice job

#4430 3 years ago

Anybody install their shooter rod yet? Haven't seen any pics except the one on Stern's website so far.

#4431 3 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

Anybody install their shooter rod yet? Haven't seen any pics except the one on Stern's website so far.

Installed mine last evening. It will not work until the next code update.

IMG_20200625_184154 (resized).jpgIMG_20200625_184154 (resized).jpg
#4432 3 years ago

For the people that can hit the demo mouth, does it work with both flippers?
I adjusted mine but can only make it with the left flipper if I hold it and it's a perfect shot.

#4433 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I adjusted mine but can only make it with the left flipper if I hold it and it's a perfect shot.

I can hit it from both. Has to be perfect though

#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I can hit it on both but the left flipper has a much better ratio of success.

#4435 3 years ago

Mine is pretty even. Probably a few more from the left side.

#4436 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yep. Really early on the right and middle on the left.

On the fly is fine too, but I rarely am accurate so I try and trap as much as possible.

#4437 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Left flipper is easier but right does work. There's a very narrow range on the flipper to shoot and have it go in.

#4438 3 years ago

find (resized).pngfind (resized).png
#4439 3 years ago

Well then I think I'm going back to the old ramp. Now that demo is adjusted I think it might work better.
Thanks for the input

#4440 3 years ago

Yeah I’m not touching my game as I’m pretty happy with how it’s playing. I’ll just have the new ramp as a spare.

#4441 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Look I own a LE and I enjoy this game but damn, I have never owned a more poorly built game. I’d had to work on this game more than a 30 year old data East I had. Like come on we need some answers on the extemely lack luster build on these, also real fixes to these problems not shoving things off onto the mod community to fix
Speaking of flippers getting weak, I had to sell my black knight LE for that reason. It eventually became such a chore to get up the ramp I just turned it off and sold it

totally agree Rob, seems like this needs constant tweaking to keep the flow running. Shame as its a fantastic game that I'm really enjoying. There is a little of this build quality issue in Elvira also with it needing work esp ball out of orbits into slings but NST is much worse.

#4442 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

totally agree Rob, seems like this needs constant tweaking to keep the flow running. Shame as its a fantastic game that I'm really enjoying. There is a little of this build quality issue in Elvira also with it needing work esp ball out of orbits into slings but NST is much worse.

I really haven't had to do much with my pro and it has 750 plays. The flipper does stick with extended periods of play. I had some coil stops but used them on another machine. Ordering some more. I was actually about to pull the trigger on an Elvira. This comment scares me! Lol

#4443 3 years ago

This game looks infinitely easier to work on than the JJP pirates I had. That game for me is king of sucking more of my time tweaking/fixing/preventing than playing.

#4444 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Installed mine last evening. It will not work until the next code update.
[quoted image]

Nice! Looks fairly sweet even without the light.

Lately I've been hitting the glass more than making the demo shot. It's definitely doing the thing where it hits the bottom of it and then flies straight up. I think it might work better if the bottom were more shaped to guide the ball in.

#4445 3 years ago

I did the thing.

152D638A-7FE2-4FD6-A364-1B13213D35E6 (resized).jpeg152D638A-7FE2-4FD6-A364-1B13213D35E6 (resized).jpeg599730A3-6A67-4334-8008-4A95F8E9F82F (resized).jpeg599730A3-6A67-4334-8008-4A95F8E9F82F (resized).jpeg
#4446 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Loosening hardware and adding washers under the demogorgon didn't fix anything on my game. I tried something that made a difference though. After removing the demogorgon shell from the metal component completely, I VERY carefully trimmed the mouth edge with a small hobby knife. My demogorgon mouth had a decent amount of plastic material that I felt was protruding in. It wasn't uniform in shape either. I only trimmed about 1/16" to 1/8" from some of the edges making the hole slightly larger and definitely more uniform.
This absolutely helped.
Making it into the mouth is not easy by any means but at least it's doable now on my game. Huge improvement.
If you decide to try this, take your time and be very careful. One slip with a razor and you can destroy your demogorgon completely.

I'd be interested to see what the demogorgon looks like after trimming it. Might be my next step. On the right side of the demogorgon on mine I see a large chunk of the frame. Stern has said engineering doesn't think it would affect the shot but I cant understand that. Tonight I made the shot maybe 5 times which is much better than I had been but I am still seeing many shots not going that look like they were perfect. Tried playing with flipper power and cranking things up as high as they go seems to work the best now.

IMG_20200313_145858581 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_145858581 (resized).jpg
#4447 3 years ago

I'd be interested to see what the demogorgon looks like after trimming it. Might be my next step. On the right side of the demogorgon on mine I see a large chunk of the frame. Stern has said engineering doesn't think it would affect the shot but I cant understand that. Tonight I made the shot maybe 5 times which is much better than I had been but I am still seeing many shots not going that look like they were perfect. Tried playing with flipper power and cranking things up as high as they go seems to work the best now.
[quoted image]

Slo-mo record the demogorgon entrance as you hit it over and over with the glass off from the left flipper (which should be the easiest). Then examine the slo-mo shots to see how exactly the ball is physically being rejected at the entrance (and if you happen to get one in, how does that look?). iPhone is a fantastic pinball diagnostic tool for this because of the slo-mo recording feature.

Once you have some slo-mo to go on, it will become less about guessing and more about fixing the actual issue with yours.

#4448 3 years ago

Is the uv kit worth it? I have one ordered but am thinking about canceling and using funds on other mods

#4449 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is the uv kit worth it? I have one ordered but am thinking about canceling and using funds on other mods

If you only get one add on for this game it’s that. 100% get it. Nothing else available for this game compares to it.

Imo it’s the best feature I’ve ever seen implemented into a pinball machine.

#4450 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The UV kit is just fantastic. Even better if you add titan glow rubbers. It even looks great in a well lit room.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/89?hl=billypilgrim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.