StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 445.
#4351 3 years ago

I got my new ramp from Stern today, will play it more tomorrow to see if I notice a difference.
Anyone else put the new ramp on?

#4352 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I got my new ramp from Stern today, will play it more tomorrow to see if I notice a difference.

Still waiting on mine. I think it’s been 6 weeks. How long did yours take?

#4353 3 years ago

I put in the warranty order the beginning of May.

#4354 3 years ago

What is this "new ramp" you are talking about ?
I have a Premium edition, I sent my concerns regarding the TK lock mech, but did not hear about any new hardware.

Quoted from billsfanmd:

#4355 3 years ago

Interesting, I've been waiting for my updated ramp for the demogorgon shot since Feb 6th. I also have a bad left entry ramp that needs replacement that I am waiting for. I was last told the ramps were still weeks out. I guess they are not doing first in first out.

#4356 3 years ago

He told me if I dont have it the 2nd week of June to let him know. I wrote him last Monday and he told me they were still back ordered, then it showed up today. I am in St. Louis so I get mail from Chicago almost next day. I bet everyone else will be getting them this week.

#4357 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Wow, that's a substantial drop.

It's an extreme case, but I played the game long and hard to really test the limits. 157 is where the left coil maxed out my probe, so it maybe could have gone even higher. But most people are probably hitting the 120-130s for mid-length games, and fade just starts to be perceptible in the 130s from my experiments.

But yeah with the cooling fans, getting even over 100F is very hard.

#4358 3 years ago

Regarding the ramp you’re all talking about. Have Any LEs experienced ramp problems? My NIB SThLE is in storage while I’m overseas and won’t be unboxed for a couple years. I asked the distributor about ramp and he said the LEs are later production and the problem was corrected.

#4359 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Regarding the ramp you’re all talking about. Have Any LEs experienced ramp problems? My NIB SThLE is in storage while I’m overseas and won’t be unboxed for a couple years. I asked the distributor about ramp and he said the LEs are later production and the problem was corrected.

They told me I didn’t need the ramp (LE), but are sending me one anyway. I’m just going to check to see if it’s any different than the one in my game and report back.

#4360 3 years ago

Curious why don't other Stern games exhibit this overheating of the flipper coils? I would think this is friction related with this model or the coils are underspec;d. You shouldn't need fans on flipper coils. Kudos for your creative problem solving to enjoy the game with snappy flippers but I would think this is a parts issue that Stern needs to address. Did anyone contact support?

Quoted from PinMonk:

It's an extreme case, but I played the game long and hard to really test the limits. 157 is where the left coil maxed out my probe, so it maybe could have gone even higher. But most people are probably hitting the 120-130s for mid-length games, and fade just starts to be perceptible in the 130s from my experiments.
But yeah with the cooling fans, getting even over 100F is very hard.

#4361 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I received it yesterday but did not put it on. Mine is shooting well now so I may leave it off until I need it.

#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Curious why don't other Stern games exhibit this overheating of the flipper coils?

They do. You just don’t notice it as much because after the fade occurs you can still make the shots.

#4363 3 years ago

. Did anyone contact support

Yep. And they agree part of the issue could be flipper performance. They are currently trying to find a solution that will be consistent across all games.

#4364 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

He told me if I dont have it the 2nd week of June to let him know. I wrote him last Monday and he told me they were still back ordered, then it showed up today. I am in St. Louis so I get mail from Chicago almost next day. I bet everyone else will be getting them this week.

I always get a shipping notification from UPS when something is on the way from Stern and have not seen anything yet. Also just heard back from Pablo that there is no ETA on my kit. So that really sucks. The unfinished ramp that they sent months ago is quite different from the ramp on my machine so I am hoping it fixes the issue whenever it arrives.

#4365 3 years ago

Look I own a LE and I enjoy this game but damn, I have never owned a more poorly built game. I’d had to work on this game more than a 30 year old data East I had. Like come on we need some answers on the extemely lack luster build on these, also real fixes to these problems not shoving things off onto the mod community to fix

Speaking of flippers getting weak, I had to sell my black knight LE for that reason. It eventually became such a chore to get up the ramp I just turned it off and sold it

#4366 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I always get a shipping notification from UPS when something is on the way from Stern and have not seen anything yet.

Everything I’ve ever received from stern as a warranty replacement just shows up. Haha probably 5-6 items across the years.

#4367 3 years ago

I'm being told the ramp kits are still on back order so they are not sure how people have gotten the replacements yet. You guys got the kit with the decals, hardware, and instructions?

I have my address setup on the various shipping sites to notify me by email when something is on it's way to me. If I didn't have that setup it would look like magic

#4368 3 years ago

I'm being told the ramp kits are still on back order so they are not sure how people have gotten the replacements yet. You guys got the kit with the decals, hardware, and instructions?
I have my address setup on the various shipping sites to notify me by email when something is on it's way to me. If I didn't have that setup it would look like magic

Yes, I received a ramp with decals, instructions, and hardware. I had actually forgotten about it since my ramp settled in. LOL.

#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

It took 4 months for mine to arrive. I believe I was one of the first people to report the issue.

#4370 3 years ago

Yes, very good instructions, sticker attached, new piece of mylar, hardware, even a small amount of locktight

#4371 3 years ago

Glad you got yours. I'll hopefully find out Thursday what's going on with mine.

#4372 3 years ago

Curious why don't other Stern games exhibit this overheating of the flipper coils? I would think this is friction related with this model or the coils are underspec;d. You shouldn't need fans on flipper coils. Kudos for your creative problem solving to enjoy the game with snappy flippers but I would think this is a parts issue that Stern needs to address. Did anyone contact support?

It's been mentioned on long games for Iron Maiden, TRON, and (a couple posts up) Black Knight 3 as well. Having measured the temps for Stranger Things in-game, I'm sure there are others and people just didn't realize it.

The issue is threefold, first you have to have a mid to longish game, second a play style that flips a lot instead of holds makes it happen more, and third you have to NOTICE the shot timing is changing (VERY SUBTLY at first, but once it gets into the 140F+ range, it becomes obvious) AND realize it's due to the coil temp. Most people that have had it happen don't realize it's the machine and not them. It took chuckwurt weeks to think coil temp could be the issue and he plays a lot. Mortals didn't have a chance.

#4373 3 years ago

Glad you got yours. I'll hopefully find out Thursday what's going on with mine.

Funny my ramp arrived today

#4374 3 years ago

Got my revised ramp kit today as well!

#4375 3 years ago

Looking forward to hearing if it fixes it for you all. Definitely not buying first week a machine is available again and maybe not NIB ever again after my last 2. Still being told it's backordered with no ETA

#4376 3 years ago

I have not noticed a difference with the new ramp. Except now when the ramp is down and it shoots out of the saucer, it clunks against the side of the ramp because its longer.
I might need to do the demogorgon fix. I never did it because I thought the ramp would help things.

#4377 3 years ago

I am in the upside down now!
This thing is a beauty!

20200623_163409 (resized).jpg20200623_163409 (resized).jpg
#4378 3 years ago

Looking forward to hearing if it fixes it for you all. Definitely not buying first week a machine is available again and maybe not NIB ever again after my last 2. Still being told it's backordered with no ETA

I got the same response. Was added to the list March 5, and today I also got no ETA, and they’re still building kits.

Be interesting to see when it does show up.

#4379 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I am in the upside down now!

bravo and congrats! telling you now its a gateway, you'll want more!!

#4380 3 years ago

Anyone have any clue if the center button will ever be used in this game? I loved the silly video modes in Star Wars.

#4381 3 years ago

Haven’t heard anything specific yet. Maybe as a part of the drawing images side mission or a future video mode.

#4382 3 years ago

I'm very hopeful for both a video mode and lockdown bar button mode implementation. I'm thinking TWD/BM66/GOTG/DP style button usage would make sense

#4383 3 years ago

Yeah I suggested to use the center button in a similar way. Would be a nice way to help the player get through the game.

#4384 3 years ago

My LE is arriving tomorrow and I'm curious waht the replacement ramp talk is about. I'm not finding the problem it is fixing in scrolling back through all the pages. Thanks guys, can't wait to join the club!

#4385 3 years ago

It was an issue on early pro run

#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

My LE is arriving tomorrow and I'm curious waht the replacement ramp talk is about. I'm not finding the problem it is fixing in scrolling back through all the pages. Thanks guys, can't wait to join the club!

Apparently the first few hundred games that went out did not have the proper ramp on the game. I think LEs should all be good. Or are supposed to be at least.

#4387 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Anyone have any clue if the center button will ever be used in this game? I loved the silly video modes in Star Wars.

Are there video modes in Star Wars, other than the "navigate the asteroid field" one? I haven't owned SW in a while...

#4388 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Are there video modes in Star Wars, other than the "navigate the asteroid field" one? I haven't owned SW in a while...

No

#4389 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

No, but I'm guessing Bzamborski might be referring to the tie fighter blasting mode. It's kind-of-sort-of a video mode, but the ball remains in play making it WAY more interesting.

#4390 3 years ago

My ramp kit arrived today. Turns out outlook was moving the ups quantum view notifications to an auto folder that was hidden. Kit looks quite nice. Glad the graphic is already on the ramp. Starting to read through the instructions now.

IMG_20200624_174355360 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_174355360 (resized).jpg
#4391 3 years ago

My ramp kit arrived today. Turns out outlook was moving the ups quantum view notifications to an auto folder that was hidden. Kit looks quite nice. Glad the graphic is already on the ramp. Starting to read through the instructions now.
[quoted image]

Funny, as mine was dropped off a few minutes ago as well. Seems like a nice weekend project.

#4392 3 years ago

I just finished the install as well as a replacement mount for the demogorgon. I can't say I notice much of a difference yet. I made my first shot and then none since lol. I need to play a lot more before I make a determination. I also really cleaned the playfield and it's playing a lot faster so it's harder for me to get control and take aimed shots. Took me about 2 hours to install but I also went farther and rebuilt the demogorgon. You really can't make any adjustments to how it sits on the metal bracket.

Side view image top is the new one. Definite difference there. Graphic image the right one is the new one.

IMG_20200624_205555520 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_205555520 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_205722380 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_205722380 (resized).jpg
#4393 3 years ago

That's what I did also, hit the first shot and not again.
And I played all night tonight, I actually think i might go back to the other one.

#4394 3 years ago

My game definitely has the longer flap already. Seeing yours next to the old one it’s obvious how much longer the newer style ramp flap is.

#4395 3 years ago

Just curious is it possible to modify the actual demogorgon mouth opening itself to make the shot easier? Maybe widening it or installing some mouth piece that could guide the ball in

#4396 3 years ago

For months I would hit the demo shot once every three to four days. Usually complete dumb luck. I have got it five times tonight. So I think, on my machine, this fix is working fingers crossed. I have had a reject or two where I think it should have gone in but it's looking good. Had to get used to the faster play after the cleaning.

I tried to adjust the mouth on the demogorgon but it just went right back to how it was molded. I'm not brave enough to take heat to it which is what I think you would have to do to make the hole larger. A dremel would just make a mess.

I have months of audits to compare against so after a week I'll let you know how the demo shot is going but it looks promising

#4397 3 years ago

I think it’s best to loosen the screws that go through the rubber washers that allow the head to sway when you hit it and make it more “jiggly”. Stock they are way too tight and don’t allow the head to rock back and forth enough.

#4398 3 years ago

Hit it twice more tonight. I definitely would not call it an easy shot but at least, for now, it seems doable. I think chuckwurt is right, letting it move more freely might help. I think I may have tightened mine down too much when I put it on the new bracket. Going to pull the demogorgon tomorrow and loosen them a bit and see if that makes any difference. Tonight I'm at least 6 hits more than any other night I've had recently.

#4399 3 years ago

I got the Bullshit mystery reward today for the first time. I enjoyed it a lot lol. Also Made it to the fourth Demo. Been working on high scores lately but I pretty much own the whole board right now so I'm going to switch focus. All Five demos or bust!

#4400 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I got the Bullshit mystery reward today for the first time. I enjoyed it a lot lol. Also Made it to the fourth Demo. Been working on high scores lately but I pretty much own the whole board right now so I'm going to switch focus. All Five demos or bust!

With practice you should be able to clear two words/center drop target banks during your ball save. With extra balls on it should be more than doable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Guilford, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 22,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.