IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 448.
#4301 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

excuse my ignorance, where can see the speaker options? I googled and don't see anything. Thanks!

Speakerlightkits.com

Look at spike 2 options

#4302 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, quiet fan kit is the only must-have I've got, but there are some other nice ones to put gradient color in the white inserts, too.

just found it! Thank you!

#4303 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Speakerlightkits.com
Look at spike 2 options

thank you sir!! Can't wait!

#4304 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

just found it! Thank you!

I have a Pro, UV kit, speaker lights, shaker. Just added the blue plastic protectors and they pop well with the UV kit. I am not able to crank my pins up, so I install headphone jacks to enjoy them. Installing the art blades tonight, then it’s done. Congrats on the game.

#4305 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I have a Pro, UV kit, speaker lights, shaker. Just added the blue plastic protectors and they pop well with the UV kit. I am not able to crank my pins up, so I install headphone jacks to enjoy them. Installing the art blades tonight, then it’s done. Congrats on the game.

Yeah, a buddy of mine told me you cannot use the plastic protectors with the UV kit. I wonder if he knew what he was talking about. Thanks, I am gonna look into that! (Can't wait to get my machine).

#4306 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Yeah, a buddy of mine told me you cannot use the plastic protectors with the UV kit. I wonder if he knew what he was talking about. Thanks, I am gonna look into that! (Can't wait to get my machine).

The protectors go UNDER the plastics, so I don't see how that would be a problem for the UV effect...

#4307 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The protectors go UNDER the plastics, so I don't see how that would be a problem for the UV effect...

It’s a matter of preference but I like the blue. I feel it matches better with the lane plastics and it adds a nice effect with the UV to the lanes and slings. Good call on the translucent sling rubber. What size did you go with?

#4308 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I think the main issue is that the TK lock is just a poorly designed mech. Both of us have spent a lot of hours getting our games set up and gone down some dead end roads that initially felt like they might be helping. I initially liked the fan idea and it may have merit, just can't convince myself that the temperature of the flipper coil is really the issue here. If it is an issue it is larger than just this game, and we owe it ourselves to know just how much difference it makes.

Temp is really the only thing that makes sense (as far as flipper performance), when you get the shot set up properly. You could always hook up a clamp meter (then push max read button) on the primary winding. Test on a fresh game and then test after 2-3 hours of play. Or maybe check it with a gauss meter to see if that value has dropped overtime.

Obviously there are other problems with the mech, but as you know you can mitigate those with adjustments.

Fans might drop the temp 5-10 degrees? Think I might go the LOTR coil route though, or just keep it disabled for now.

#4309 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

It’s a matter of preference but I like the blue. I feel it matches better with the lane plastics and it adds a nice effect with the UV to the lanes and slings. Good call on the translucent sling rubber. What size did you go with?

Go with glow (UV reactive). Not translucent.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1303

#4310 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Temp is really the only thing that makes sense (as far as flipper performance), when you get the shot set up properly. You could always hook up a clamp meter (then push max read button) on the primary winding. Test on a fresh game and then test after 2-3 hours of play. Or maybe check it with a gauss meter to see if that value has dropped overtime.
Obviously there are other problems with the mech, but as you know you can mitigate those with adjustments.
Fans might drop the temp 5-10 degrees? Think I might go the LOTR coil route though, or just keep it disabled for now.

Fans drop the temp up to 57 degrees. The uncooled flipper in my test maxed out my probe at 157 degrees when I worked the flippers hard in a long game. The cooled flipper? Barely over 100. Now, with both fans installed, I can't even seem to break 100F TRYING, so that means zero flipper fade for as long a game as you can manage with the fans installed, which is a huge improvement.

Stranger Things flipper fade seems to subtly start in the 130F range, then get bad in the 140Fs, and gets ATROCIOUS in the 150Fs. I'll be gathering flipper temp data on all the Sterns from here out doing realtime temp with/without comparison graphs. I'm surprised no one has done it yet.

But yeah, I'm firmly of the belief that keeping the coils in the factory design cool so they perform to original spec is the way to go rather than brute forcing it with much stronger coils and potentially breaking or cracking stuff prematurely over time just so the flippers have enough oomph for a long game.
cool-kit-right (resized).jpgcool-kit-right (resized).jpg

Everything's done for the cooling kits (brackets, fans, hardware). All I'm waiting on are the wiring harnesses because I have to build some protection into them in case a fan shorts out or something. Should be a matter of a few weeks and they'll go in the PinMonk store here on pinside.

#4311 3 years ago

I recommend the glow rubbers from Titan with the UV light kit, the MezelMods spinning and lighted Arcade sign, Billy’s Camaro, the speaker lights and some upgraded screen material for the screen and targets.

#4312 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Slingshots are 2 1/2 inches.

#4313 3 years ago

Ok, looking into that atm! Thanks for the tip.

#4314 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I recommend the glow rubbers from Titan with the UV light kit, the MezelMods spinning and lighted Arcade sign, Billy’s Camaro, the speaker lights and some upgraded screen material for the screen and targets.

Got the UV light Kit and and Billy's Camaro. I am gonna get the 5" 1/4 speakers and get the kit from here:

http://speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

About the upgraded screen material where can I find it? I remember seeing it but I cannot find it.

thanks again!

#4315 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Not sure if I should go for the art blades or mirrorblades on this... decisions decisions!!!

#4316 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Not sure if I should go for the art blades or mirrorblades on this... decisions decisions!!!

I was in the same spot. I usually put mirror blades on my machines and thought the black chrome would look awesome on this with the UV kit. But alas, I was in the moment and bought the Stern art with my shooter knob.

#4317 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I was in the same spot. I usually put mirror blades on my machines and thought the black chrome would look awesome on this with the UV kit. But alas, I was in the moment and bought the Stern art with my shooter knob.

Black Chrome sounds awesome. gonna google them now!

#4318 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Got the UV light Kit and and Billy's Camaro. I am gonna get the 5" 1/4 speakers and get the kit from here:
http://speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html
About the upgraded screen material where can I find it? I remember seeing it but I cannot find it.
thanks again!

Look at some options. I am playing with it now. You get enough material of each of these to cover the screen and the targets. The grays look really good. I’m waiting for some samples of some others to come in, too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E9LMOC2

#4319 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Look at some options. I am playing with it now. You get enough material of each of these to cover the screen and the targets. The grays look really good. I’m waiting for some samples of some others to come in, too.
amazon.com link »

I can see how the gray absorbs more light. cheap too! Thanks!

#4320 3 years ago

In the process of moving and got the game setback up and played for the first time in while. I love playing it but really still feel like I have no idea where I am with modes. Dont really see how I am starting a mode or not seeing much direction how to complete the modes. Only played a few games but I def think I need to find a recent tutorial. Adding the UV kit in the next week or so which will make the upside down even better.

#4321 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

In the process of moving and got the game setback up and played for the first time in while. I love playing it but really still feel like I have no idea where I am with modes. Dont really see how I am starting a mode or not seeing much direction how to complete the modes. Only played a few games but I def think I need to find a recent tutorial. Adding the UV kit in the next week or so which will make the upside down even better.

Just watch the large round yellow and orange inserts (I put a green line next to) for the four main shots (left orbit BIKES, left ramp WALKIE TALKIES, right orbit WRIST ROCKETS, right ramp BINOCULARS). Each time you complete one of those shots it lights an insert in that lane. When you have them all lit for a lane it's time for a mode to start.

WHICH mode you start is determined by which of the mode inserts are lit (the orange "Y" shaped circle bunch below the two left shot inserts, and the yellow flaccid dick and balls-shaped ones below the right shot inserts)

lower_pf_shots (resized).jpglower_pf_shots (resized).jpg

#4322 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

...and the yellow flaccid dick and balls shaped ones below the right shot inserts)
[quoted image]

Killin me!

#4323 3 years ago

I've been wondering what hidden messages Eddy is trying to send here...

#4324 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just watch the large round yellow and orange inserts (I put a green line next to) for the four main shots (left orbit BIKES, left ramp WALKIE TALKIES, right orbit WRIST ROCKETS, right ramp BINOCULARS). Each time you complete one of those shots it lights an insert in that lane. When you have them all lit for a lane it's time for a mode to start.
WHICH mode you start is determined by which of the mode inserts are lit (the orange "Y" shaped circle bunch below the two left shot inserts, and the yellow flaccid dick and balls shaped ones below the right shot inserts)
[quoted image]

This is the greatest explanation I’ve read hahaha!

#4325 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WHICH mode you start is determined by which of the mode inserts are lit (the orange "Y" shaped circle bunch below the two left shot inserts, and the yellow flaccid dick and balls-shaped ones below the right shot inserts)
[quoted image]

Perfect thx

Are the modes random?

#4326 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Perfect thx
Are the modes random?

kind of, the pop bumpers will change which mode is lit each time they are hit. One cycles season one and the other season two. So if you want to play a different mode keep going into the pops until you get it lit.

#4327 3 years ago

I just discovered the bullsh*t mode
That’s funny stuff..

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Perfect thx
Are the modes random?

Count covered that part, but I forgot to mention that shooting the mystery lane to the right of the left ramp also will spot an insert two or three times to help get you into the first mode.

#4329 3 years ago

It will spot shots until you’ve played two modes.

The saucer will spot demo dog targets until you’ve played one demo dog mode too.

#4330 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will spot shots until you’ve played two modes.
The saucer will spot demo dog targets until you’ve played one demo dog mode too.

Haha, I never paid close enough attention to realize it was spotting that many.

#4331 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha, I never paid close enough attention to realize it was spotting that many.

I definitely use it to my benefit to start. I try to hit the right ramp once then spam the mystery because I’m terrible at hitting the right ramp.

#4332 3 years ago

Save me from reading the notes on .94 update to the LE. What was the main additions to the code? Thanks

#4333 3 years ago

Bullshit mode. Mystery awards reworked.

#4334 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I just discovered the bullsh*t mode
That’s funny stuff..

It's Bullsh!t!!

#4335 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

It's Bullsh!t!!

It’s hilarious

#4336 3 years ago

How do you enter that mode?

#4337 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Save me from reading the notes on .94 update to the LE. What was the main additions to the code? Thanks

IMO the most important change is the fix for the system crashes. Mine was crashing pretty regularly before. None since .94!

And I love bullshit mode too. Whenever the mystery is awarding we're always yelling 17!!!! hoping for bullshit

#4338 3 years ago

Gotcha!! Thanks!

#4339 3 years ago

I hope they come up with a variety of spinner modes, with different graphics & sounds on the spinner. That would be sweet!!

#4340 3 years ago

Yeah quarter is a great mode that utilizes the spinner but these moderns games don’t incorporate the spinner(s) in very meaningful ways.

I like the multiple sound effects idea too.

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

And I love bullshit mode too. Whenever the mystery is awarding we're always yelling 17!!!! hoping for bullshit

Hahaha. Me too.

#4342 3 years ago

I haven't receive my pinball yet but I am already thinking about what to do for a topper. As much as I like toppers I cannot justify spending 500 dollars on one.
What to do with this?

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#4343 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I haven't receive my pinball yet but I am already thinking about what to do for a topper. As much as I like toppers I cannot justify spending 500 dollars on one.
What to do with this?
[quoted image]

I'll be surprised if it's $500 considering the new JP topper is $600. Crazy

#4344 3 years ago

I’m doing the Vistaprint sign thing for a topper that some of us did for Monster Bash.

#4345 3 years ago

I'll be surprised if it's $500 considering the new JP topper is $600. Crazy

the JP topper to me was a slap in the face... That thing doesn't move at all, just lights up!

#4346 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’m doing the Vistaprint sign thing for a topper that some of us did for Monster Bash.

I ordered my Kenwoods 1366s speakers! I am going for the upgrade system at speakerlightkits.com but he is out of stock on the purple surround set.
btw, this is the stuff I have so far... btw, I have to admit Billy's Camaro is pretty slick.

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg

#4347 3 years ago

I’m going with this picture for the topper, on foam board. Then I’ll mount it onto a DMD Glare Guard with an led strip light kit off amazon that is attached to the angled edge of the guard.

I’ll report back when it all comes together.

658E19D6-DB81-4EC8-978A-F8AB3631830D (resized).png658E19D6-DB81-4EC8-978A-F8AB3631830D (resized).png
#4348 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’m going with this picture for the topper, on foam board. Then I’ll mount it onto a DMD Glare Guard with an led strip light kit off amazon that is attached to the angled edge of the guard.
I’ll report back when it all comes together.
[quoted image]

You can also go Acrylic and set the led lights on the back. The image is Epic!

#4349 3 years ago

IMO the most important change is the fix for the system crashes. Mine was crashing pretty regularly before. None since .94!...

Well, I shouldn't have said that out loud (or typed it).
I just had my first system crash/restart with .94.
This was when the ball entered the mystery lane AGAIN. The "turn up the heat" mode graphics were displayed and then system shut down. Bummer

#4350 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fans drop the temp up to 57 degrees. .

Wow, that's a substantial drop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/87?hl=tuxedomask23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.