2022-05-11 16.37.30 (resized).jpg
2022-05-11 16.39.27 (resized).jpg
20220510_200441 (resized).jpg
IMG_1661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3005 (resized).jpg
IMG_3002 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,857 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 298.
#4151 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Bought it on Amazon
amazon.com link »
I used the mount that it was on in the packaging and used a command strip to secure it so it will easily come off without any damage. It's taken quite a few airballs too so it's quite strong I like it and think it fills that spot nicely.
[quoted image]
I think Lermods is using my pic here on their store page

Has anyone purchased Billy's Camaro off Amazon?

amazon.com link »

#4152 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And just when I thought this game couldn't get better...
I'm just not understanding why so many people are destroying this game on Pinside.

It's a fun game. I checked my audits on JP and Stranger Things. We have 725 plays on Stranger Things and 350 on Jurassic Park. That's between my family and all of our guests. JP is a great game but Stranger Things is easy for people to understand and a great theme. I adjusted the posts and lowered the grade to make it easy for guests. People listen to other people too much. I avoided Oktoberfest because so many people bashed it. Then I played it and realized it's actually one heck of a game.

#4153 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

It's a fun game. I checked my audits on JP and Stranger Things. We have 725 plays on Stranger Things and 350 on Jurassic Park. That's between my family and all of our guests. JP is a great game but Stranger Things is easy for people to understand and a great theme. I adjusted the posts and lowered the grade to make it easy for guests. People listen to other people too much. I avoided Oktoberfest because so many people bashed it. Then I played it and realized it's actually one heck of a game.

Yeah, ironically Pinside is the worst thing for pinball

#4154 1 year ago

I’m liking the new sound indicators they added. Also I think now when you up the bonus x with the bottom lanes the LCD has an animation for it which is nice.

Still haven’t gotten bullshit yet. Gonna keep playing and see if I can get it before I leave for the weekend.

#4155 1 year ago

Hello how does the Bulls @ session start?

#4156 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m liking the new sound indicators they added. Also I think now when you up the bonus x with the bottom lanes the LCD has an animation for it which is nice.
Still haven’t gotten bullshit yet. Gonna keep playing and see if I can get it before I leave for the weekend.

Maybe your game is not on adult? Do you see it on the mystery list?
I have played 7 games and got it twice so far.

#4157 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

It's a mystery award

#4158 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Sounds like a new mystery award. Not sure if there’s another way to obtain it.

#4159 1 year ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

amazon.com link »

Billy is a great character (obviously one of the most important characters in season 3), but still has an important introduction in season 2, but he's nowhere to be found in the game except a pic on the playfield. In fact, Max doesn't show up in any of the modes either. While we're at it, why aren't their any modes featuring Hopper and Joyce? Those first two seasons had 3 main storylines throughout: the kids, the teenagers, and the adults. Well, at least Nancy and Jonathan have two modes (Where's Barb and Get Me Out). I can't believe that Rescuing Will from the upside down in Season 1 wouldn't be a Hopper/Joyce mode.

#4160 1 year ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

amazon.com link »

ha, I just saw it last night and it's on the way now

#4161 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yep. Adult is on. It’s on the mystery list. Just haven’t gotten it yet.

It appears it will give you multiball start off you have two locks. That’s good.

I’ve gotten lock ball
Increase bonus x
Increase spinner
Burn it back

Maybe one or two more.

#4162 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Sounds like a new mystery award. Not sure if there’s another way to obtain it.

Appears to be a mystery award only.

#4163 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I played all night last night and didn't see it once. I see it on the mystery list. Got mystery many times. Hold bonus was my most common one

#4164 1 year ago

I played a bit of the new code last night as i was resetting up some pins for a location opening back up. Man I am really digging this update, things are really starting to sound cohesive with the speech. Also reworked my ball lock some more and got it working pretty great (we have all heard that one before)

I also tossed some purple T-Molding on my machine and am loving it over the black that was on it.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I have a question for anyone that used the black vinyl mod for the vertical features of the projector: what am I doing wrong!?!? I can barely see anything when I apply this stuff over the white canvas. Especially on the drops and stand ups, but even on the main screen. It’s just really dark and washed out. I’ve tried rotating it, but no luck. Mine looks nothing like some of the pics people have posted. Am I missing something?

what brand are you using?

#4165 1 year ago

Also PinMonk not sure if you noticed but Mirkwood timer is now 70 seconds instead of 60

#4166 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

what brand are you using?

The VViViD vinyl stuff

#4167 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The VViViD vinyl stuff

From my googling they don't make a projector surface? It just looks like car vinyl?

#4168 1 year ago

I like how mystery can start modes, Demo modes and upside down now. Can it also advance you in a mode?

#4169 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

From my googling they don't make a projector surface? It just looks like car vinyl?

Yeah, I don't know. Got it off corvair here. He posted his use up and it looks great. Mine is really washed out. I have a buddy that is a manufacturer's rep for audio/video equipment and I just talked to him. He gave me the skinny on this stuff and made some suggestions. I have a link to look at some options and he's going to get me a sample of some stuff that he says is top notch. I think I'm going to try a gray after speaking with him about the properties and physics of this stuff.

#4170 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, I don't know. Got it off corvair here. He posted his use up and it looks great. Mine is really washed out. I have a buddy that is a manufacturer's rep for audio/video stuff and I just talked to him. He gave me the skinny on this stuff and made some suggestions. I have a link to look at some options and he's going to get me a sample of some stuff that he says is top notch. I think I'm going to try a gray after speaking with him about the properties and physics of this stuff.

If you figure out good solution and make something, count me in as a buyer if you can make more!

#4171 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I also tossed some purple T-Molding on my machine

Would you please post some pics of this

#4172 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also vireland not sure if you noticed but Mirkwood timer is now 70 seconds instead of 60

That was the first thing I noticed. Brian Eddy and I are of one mind, apparently.

Also found a couple more bugs in 0.94 already.

#4173 1 year ago

This game would definitely benefit from beta testers that’s for sure.

#4174 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I like how mystery can start modes, Demo modes and upside down now. Can it also advance you in a mode?

It can cause problems now, though. I had a condition where one shot to the mystery lane spotted me an insert which started Monster Hunting, and the mystery award itself started demogorgon, so I had a Monster Hunting mode that was blocked by the demogorgon ramp and impossible to finish.

And I do not like that video mode isn't even on the mystery list as a "to do" now.

#4175 1 year ago

Since I can't try .94 yet.
Were the system crashes tied to the mystery lane fixed?

#4176 1 year ago

Does the demo mouth spot the center drops like in total isolation? I would think they would’ve taken care of that here as well.

#4177 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Since I can't try .94 yet.

Per the readme they were.

#4178 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does the demo mouth spot the center drops like in total isolation? I would think they would’ve taken care of that here as well.

I don't think so because when the demo mode was over, nothing was completed on Monster Hunting and I only had a few seconds before Monster Hunting ended. I'll pay closer attention next time it happens.

The other bug I found was a slow rolling backhand up the right orbit that activates the switch to start a mode can CHANGE the mode after it starts if the ball dribbles back down and hits the switch again right away. I slow-rolled and barely made the switch, which started Mama mode (saw the marquee screen for the mode), looked down as the ball came back and actually PLAYED Turn up the Heat mode. That was a weird one.

#4179 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think so because when the demo mode was over, nothing was completed on Monster Hunting and I only had a few seconds before Monster Hunting ended. I'll pay closer attention next time it happens.

Bummer. Yeah if that happens I say a bash or mouth shot should count for the mode.

#4180 1 year ago

Ha I just saw the BS mode. Pure Awesomeness. Not sure what it's scoring is but I was laughing pretty good. Even started a mode while I was in it and hearing the mode audio and then someone say BS was funny.

#4181 1 year ago

Stern official shooter rod light will not be lit until the next code update, confirmed. Don't bother swapping node boards or checking voltages, it's not active in the code yet.

#4182 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern official shooter rod light will not be lit until the next code update, confirmed. Don't bother swapping node boards or checking voltages, it's not active in the code yet.

Thanks for the update.

#4183 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

sprayed a little (and I mean little) lubricant into the opening of the lock arm assembly where it slides on the screw (see picture) then worked the mech back and forth about 20 times so it distributed it. I then sprayed a little bit into a paper towel and wiped it on the plunger arm that goes into the coil in the back panel and worked the mech again.
I then played about 10 games. Every lock shot worked perfectly and locked perfectly. Not sure if this is a long term fix yet but I’m going to keep playing and see.
After looking at the part of the mech that slides on the hex head bolt, the mech arm basically rides on a nylon washer. Perhaps it creating a binding issue we can’t see. I’m not sure, I’m just going to enjoy the locks while they work lol.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Alright, alright, alright.....

Had this two days and ready to declare Bullshit on this game’s rep. This sucker is awesome. Now, if I am honest I was lured by the thought of tweaks and dialing in, as I’m a bit of a pinball masochist, and enjoy the tinkering and brainstorming fixes as much as I do playing. Circling back to this post, though, I think this is a key ingredient in getting the TK lock working. After playing with mine that might have worked 40-50% of the time and the previous owner hadn’t attempted any adjustments, I pulled the PF and dug into both the Stern .pdf and the suggestions here. My take: the two ingredients are adjusting the guide rod to just wide enough that the ball passes passes to the end without touching the plate + lubing the areas mentioned in the above post (namely, a drop on the shaft that passes into the coil and a drop on the slide arm bracket that is held by the black hex screw and washer, under the ramp by the backboard. I had it almost right on the guide rod adjustments, but then I used a high quality synthetic bicycle lube on those parts and it is humming now.

I caught Bullshit mode during my test game at the end, and it’s great.

#4184 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I played for three hours straight yesterday. No issues, bugs or resets uncovered. I did not start Bullshit once though.

#4185 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

I played for three hours straight yesterday. No issues, bugs or resets uncovered. I did not start Bullshit once though.

That’s Bullshit. Haha

#4186 1 year ago

Has anyone here made it to send it back wizard mode?
I just got to it, but I dont think there was anything to shoot at. Then I hit the right ramp and started lure dart then drained instantly. So not sure what I was supposed to shoot for in that mode and assumed it was not coded yet.

#4187 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone here made it to send it back wizard mode?
I just got to it, but I dont think there was anything to shoot at. Then I hit the right ramp and started lure dart then drained instantly. So not sure what I was supposed to shoot for in that mode and assumed it was not coded yet.

The final 3 wizard modes aren’t coded yet.

#4188 1 year ago

I looked through the thread and didn't see any permanent fixes for the TK diverter. Was thinking since there is no secondary winding on the coil, in theory could you slightly lower the resistance by taking off maybe 100 turns? I have no idea what the circuit is rated for and wouldn't want to mess it up, but it seems like there has to be something else that can be done.

#4189 1 year ago

Hang tight. I think we and stern almost have this licked. If you want to experiment for now get the LOTR coil from PBL and cut the diode off.

#4190 1 year ago

Just arrived. Looks like it has the same mount hoppers car did so should be able to use command strips as well. Going to find a nice spot on the left ramp to put it

IMG_20200613_180940281 (resized).jpg

#4191 1 year ago

I think having the two cars balances the playfield well. The upper left corner was pretty bare. It is funny playing and not seeing the ball go all the way around that ramp though. So used to that.

I also found this little Dart creature as well but have not found a spot for it yet.

IMG_20200613_222352404 (resized).jpgIMG_20200613_222400445 (resized).jpgIMG_20200613_223248733 (resized).jpg
#4192 1 year ago

I think having the two cars balances the playfield well. The upper left corner was pretty bare. It is funny playing and not seeing the ball go all the way around that ramp though. So used to that.
I also found this little Dart creature as well but have not found a spot for it yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I dunno, the cars just seem way too big because of the main Demogorgon setting the scale for the area. It makes it seem like it's a season 3 Demogorgon as big as a car or a house.

What's the scale on the Dart? If it was smaller than the main demogorgon (about half as big), that might be a logical choice for crawling out of the pops or where the upper right car is.

#4193 1 year ago

The scale doesn't bother me on the cars. They would have to be way too big to match the scale of the main monster. The dart is about 5 inches long and probably pretty close to the scale of the main demo monster. Maybe an inch big. All theoretical of course. Not sure how big dart was in the show at that point. It was right before it changed fully into a demodog.

#4194 1 year ago

The scale doesn't bother me on the cars. They would have to be way too big to match the scale of the main monster. The dart is about 5 inches long and probably pretty close to the scale of the main demo monster. Maybe an inch big. All theoretical of course. Not sure how big dart was in the show at that point. It was right before it changed fully into a demodog.

Yeah dart was like a large dog when it was hit into the basement in the LURE DART mode. Only a fraction of the full demogorgon and way less than a car, so the scale would be all out of whack.

#4195 1 year ago

The mystery is so f'd up in 0.94. I literally tried to get nothing but bullshit for 2 hours today. On quite a few occasions I got Demogorgon Ready, when Demogorgon was already ready. Add time, when there were no timers running (add time is also guaranteed if you have ball save ticking it seems). And, to rub it in, bonus held on ball 3.

I got bullshit twice, once during the demodog attack and demogorgon, couldn't make out anything. Second time I got a clean one. Way to much effort put in here for what it is.

Screenshot (5) (resized).png
#4196 1 year ago

I’m definitely still hoping we get a video mode. The bullshit mode is pretty funny but I would love a extra side challenge that a cool video mode gives. The little sounds added to the(demo dog ready) give it a nice touch. Does the mystery have a tiered system to build up or is it always random? I Like how this pin is turning out...great work so far Stern team!

#4197 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

The mystery is so f'd up in 0.94. I literally tried to get nothing but bullshit for 2 hours today. On quite a few occasions I got Demogorgon Ready, when Demogorgon was already ready. Add time, when there were no timers running (add time is also guaranteed if you have ball save ticking it seems). And, to rub it in, bonus held on ball 3.
I got bullshit twice, once during the demodog attack and demogorgon, couldn't make out anything. Second time I got a clean one. Way to much effort put in here for what it is. [quoted image]

I have only got Bullshit once since updating.

#4198 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m definitely still hoping we get a video mode. The bullshit mode is pretty funny but I would love a extra side challenge that a cool video mode gives. The little sounds added to the(demo dog ready) give it a nice touch. Does the mystery have a tiered system to build up or is it always random? I Like how this pin is turning out...great work so far Stern team!

I asked Brian about this a bit. He said at least for the start multiball one, it’s random. I thought it might be a for sure one if you had two locks. He said no. Not sure if they are all like that though.

#4199 1 year ago

So digging into the flipper fade issue. I now have the fan brackets made and have started getting baseline temperature ranges before I kick on the fans and see how much (or if) they help. These are the same fans as the SFAN-001s I sell to quiet the meanwell Stern 500W power supplies, so they're small, quiet, and only draw a small fraction of an amp each.

The flipper coils definitely heat up, but since I've never tested them before I don't know what's normal yet. In my first relatively short game, they went from 76 degrees (basically ambient room temperature) to 115 degrees when the maybe 5 minute game ended. Strictly from (perhaps flawed) observation, holding seems to be worse than flipping, but both raise the temperature of the coils. Left and Right max temps were within 1.5 degrees on the game I played when it ended, which I thought would be a wider range based on what flipper I favor.

The mount the brackets use piggyback onto existing hardware on the underside of the PF, so it will be completely reversible.

#4200 1 year ago

You guys seeing this on yours? The ramp edge has dug in on the right side. I'm having a difficult time trying to determine if the white I'm seeing is PF damage or mylar. Unfortunately I'm leaning towards PF damage. This sucks!
Other than using a heat gun, any of you have a recommendation for removing mylar? I'm concerned about pulling up artwork from the PF.
UGGGHHH

Screenshot_20200614-143815_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200614-143827_Gallery (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 14,857 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 298.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!