IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 449.
#4101 3 years ago

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time

#4102 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I only expect a few of those to be done. They seem to tweak the modes with every update.

Mirkwood needs more time or less ramps. I've literally only finished it once. ONCE.

#4103 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mirkwood needs more time or less ramps. I've literally only finished it once. ONCE.

I think it has the longest timer at 60 seconds. Thatā€™s fine imo.

I have only completed it it once or twice, but donā€™t think itā€™s too hard. Love the callouts from hopper too. Anyone maybe it past the 5 million callout?

#4104 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it has the longest timer at 60 seconds. Thatā€™s fine imo.
I have only completed it it once or twice, but donā€™t think itā€™s too hard. Love the callouts from hopper too. Anyone maybe it past the 5 million callout?

Shaving a couple ramps off the completion requirement would make it more achievable. I've been within one or two ramps of finishing quite a bit, but only DONE it once, in a multiball.

#4105 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Shaving a couple ramps off the completion requirement would make it more achievable. I've been within one or two ramps of finishing quite a bit, but only DONE it once, in a multiball.

See that sounds like the perfect difficulty. So close so many times, then the few times you do get it, itā€™s awesome.

Also since the wizard modes scorings will be based on mode success, I donā€™t think all the modes should be gimmies.

#4106 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

See that sounds like the perfect difficulty. So close so many times, then the few times you do get it, itā€™s awesome.
Also since the wizard modes scorings will be based on mode success, I donā€™t think all the modes should be gimmies.

It's too much like chopping wood with the repetitive same shots, and then failing almost all the time. Not fun. Maybe throw in a third shot after every 3 ramp shots, so it's 9 ramp shots and 3 of the "other" shot or something.

#4107 3 years ago

Stern posted a EHOH update today.
Come on Stranger Things!!

#4108 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Stern posted a EHOH update today.
Come on Stranger Things!!

SOON. Haha

#4109 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's too much like chopping wood with the repetitive same shots, and then failing almost all the time. Not fun. Maybe throw in a third shot after every 3 ramp shots, so it's 9 ramp shots and 3 of the "other" shot or something.

Yeah definitely a basic mode but the call outs and stress that it induces trying to ramp out the mode combined with the big score payoff if you can do it is what keeps me coming back to it.

#4110 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

This is really cool. How much?

$64.95 non lit and show correct "11" on the Die.
We have red and black in stock and some blue and purple in the works.

#4111 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So annoyed...
Got my STh shooter from Stern. Installed it. Plugged it into CN15 (by the way, there were no instructions on how to do this, I just know from JP...and it tells you to leave the original shooter plate in - which is impossible since they give you a new plate...so an F for their instructions!). Turned the machine on and...
It didn't light up.
Called the Stern tech support line to talk to Chas and...
Got the message that they're not taking calls because of COVID-19. (Complete horseshit, IMO.)
So now I have a shooter that doesn't work, an STh that won't accept fast code updates, and a T-Rex in JP that likes to take a nap from time to time instead of swallowing balls. (Insert joke here.)
If they keep this shit up, I'm going to start sounding like Dr. Frightener soon.

Trust me, I can relate.

#4112 3 years ago

I'm getting same issue with the stern shooter rod, plugging into C15 and getting no lights.

Is there an option we need to change?

#4113 3 years ago

Has anybody here gotten the lit shooter rod to light up? I'm starting to think they may have shipped the shooters before the CN15 connection was activated in the code or something.

My shooter lit up when I plugged it into my Jurassic Park, so I know it works. But it looks like either the node board doesn't work, or for some reason there's no power to CN15.

24 hours later, no response from Chas.

#4114 3 years ago

Email once a day until they respond.

#4115 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Has anybody here gotten the lit shooter rod to light up? I'm starting to think they may have shipped the shooters before the CN15 connection was activated in the code or something.
My shooter lit up when I plugged it into my Jurassic Park, so I know it works. But it looks like either the node board doesn't work, or for some reason there's no power to CN15.
24 hours later, no response from Chas.

I think you are right, has to be in the code. I looked through all of the options, and didnā€™t see any viable option that would apply to C15 on the node board.

#4116 3 years ago

PS. This game fā€™n rules. Put the side blades and shooter rod on and told myself I would just play 1 game to test it. About 10 games later, I shut the game off and went back to work.

This game is sooo good

#4117 3 years ago

No kidding, I knew I was playing this a lot but checked against my Munsters which is a year old and I've played way more stranger things in 5 months than a year of Munsters lol.

IMG_20200609_170628699 (resized).jpgIMG_20200609_170628699 (resized).jpg
#4118 3 years ago

Thatā€™s nuts! Love it. Had a good session last night. Got a 250mm total isolation one game. Man that mode is so fun if you can go deep in it.

And so satisfying setting up a multiplied SJP in TK MB. Still havenā€™t got the 6x, but collected a few 3x last night.

Looks like no new code this week, but I think itā€™s being tested so maybe next week. Canā€™t wait!

#4119 3 years ago

Mine is at the depot and I'm heading to grab it this afternoon! Pumped.

#4120 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

No kidding, I knew I was playing this a lot but checked against my Munsters which is a year old and I've played way more stranger things in 5 months than a year of Munsters lol.
[quoted image]

Sick!! I'm similar on mine Sth vs my JP2Prem

Where did you get that Hopper car mod?? I like that

#4121 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/stranger-things-pinball-str-thn-illuminated-flashing-sirens-police-blazer

#4122 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Bought it on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Hoppers-Chevrolet-Stranger-Hollywood-Jada/dp/B07ZG6WM2T/ref=redir_mobile_desktop

I used the mount that it was on in the packaging and used a command strip to secure it so it will easily come off without any damage. It's taken quite a few airballs too so it's quite strong I like it and think it fills that spot nicely.
IMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpg

I think Lermods is using my pic here on their store page

#4123 3 years ago

LE/PRE V0.94.0 - June 11, 2020
=====================

- Fixed a problem where the Mystery Advance Spinner, 5 Way Combo, Hold Bonus,
Bonus Multiplier and Stranger Points awards appeared too soon in the Mystery
Award display presentation.
- Added sound effects to the Advance Dart mystery award.
- Fixed an issue where the Advance Dart mystery award display effect was playing
the wrong video.
- Now game timers are paused as balls hit or travel through the left lane/target
area.
- Changed the default time to complete Operation Mirkwork, default time = 70 seconds.
- Changed the criteria for the number of times Bulls@!t can occur during a game.
- Changed Mystery Stranger Points score award.
- Bulls@!t is no longer available as a Mystery award when the "Adult Content"
adjustment is set to "No".
- Adjusted the speech phrase "I know you do experiments on kids and turn their
brain to mush" to remove distortion.
- Added Mystery award sounds to 5 Way Combo, Add A Ball, Advance Spinner, Burn it
Back Lit, Stranger Points, Hold Bonus, Bonus Multiplier and Demodog Attack Lit.
- Added Advance Dart Mystery award.
- Synced the Mystery Add-a-Ball display effect with the ball being kicked into
play.
- Added Advance Spinner Mystery award.
- Added Add Time Mystery award.
- Added new Mystery award videos.
- Now the Mystery Bonus Hold start display effect is shorter and has the score
frame overlaid on top of it.
- Now the Bonus Multiplier display effect is shorter.
- Added/Changed the weighted probabilities of which Mystery award to give.
- Added Telekinesis Multiball as a mystery award.
- Now the Mystery Stranger Points start display effect is shorter and has the
score frame overlaid on top of it.
- Synced the left down post to release balls during the Telekinesis Multiball
start sequence when starting via a Mystery award.
- Added Demogorgon Ready Mystery award.
- Added Upside Down Mystery award.
- Modified the Mystery 5 Way Combo award to show the score frame and play only
the duration of the combo award video.
- Added Demodog Attack Lit Mystery award.
- Added Bonus Multiplier Mystery award.
- Added Bonus Multiplier display effect for completing the bottom lanes.
- Now the Bulls@!t start display effect plays for the entire length of the video.
- Now the Burn it Back start display effect plays for the entire length of the
video and has the score frame overlaid on top of it.
- Added Extra Ball Lit animation to the Mystery Award.
- Added several Mystery award display effects for specific awards including
5-way combo, Spell of Protection, Stranger Points, Add A Ball, and Burn it Back
lit.
- Fixed an issue where a combo award could cause a game crash.
- Updated the Demodog Attack Lit video.
- Slowed down the Burn it Back instant info screen to allow time to read everything.
- Moved and resized the Bulls@!t title/timer background text to avoid overlapping
any switch award artwork.
- Moved Bulls@!t switch award artwork to avoid overlapping other Bulls@!t
images/text.
- Added Hold Bonus Mystery award.
- Shortened and revised the Burn It Back Lit video animation.
- Added Add A Ball, Burn It Back Lit, and Demodog Attack Lit animations.
- Added Bulls@!t intro and total videos.
- Added logic to reduce the same Bulls@!t speech phrase from repeating.
- Added Bulls@!t intro speech.
- Added Bulls@!t switch closure/hit speech.
- Fixed a problem where modes started via the Mystery rule didn't properly update
the left ramp, right ramp, left orbit and right orbit mode advance lamps.
- Added new Bulls@!t music.
- Fixed a problem where Mystery would award Start Chapter Mode but not start
the mode.
- Added several Mystery awards including Bulls@!t, Lock Ball, Burn it Back lit,
5-Way Combo, and Start Chapter Mode.
- Added LE/Premium version to Diagnostic menu screen.
- Added logic to pause the Bulls@!t timer during held ball situations.
- Default time for the Bulls@!t mode is 45 seconds.
- Now shots into the Demogorgon's mouth during Total Isolation will score center
arrow shot awards. The was necessary as the ramp may be in the down position
in preparation of killing a Demogorgon during a Demogorgon mode.
- Fixed a game crash that could occur during Operation Mirkwood.
- Added a Secondary Screen PowerUp/Boot Display Effect.
- Now the Turn Up The Heat mode displays the amount of time remaining on the Left
Billboard.
- Fixed a game crash when Mystery is lit and Monster Hunting is started from the
from the left lane.
- Fixed a problem with the Monster Hunting mode start display effect where the
LCD display could be green for 1 frame.
- Added Bulls@!t Scoring rule.

#4125 3 years ago

Lots of bullshit in this latest code update......

#4126 3 years ago

Figures! I've been home and waiting for this update to drop. Now it's released when I'm back at work for 3 days. Bulls@it!

#4127 3 years ago

Looking for suggestions

I cannot get the damn thing set so I can ever hit the demo in the mouth. Iā€™ve tried adjusting as much as i know how.

Is there a suggested cleaning agent for the white surfaces that that projector shows on? I have a lot of marks and wasnā€™t sure how to best clean.

#4128 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

...Is there a suggested cleaning agent for the white surfaces that that projector shows on? I have a lot of marks and wasnā€™t sure how to best clean.

I've been using isopropyl alcohol. Same thing I always use on the rubbers

#4129 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Looking for suggestions
I cannot get the damn thing set so I can ever hit the demo in the mouth. Iā€™ve tried adjusting as much as i know how.
Is there a suggested cleaning agent for the white surfaces that that projector shows on? I have a lot of marks and wasnā€™t sure how to best clean.

Novus 1 works great.

Make the demo more jiggly by loosening the two screws that go through the rubber washers that allow it to give when the ball hits it.

#4130 3 years ago

shooter rod delivered today - connected to CN15 running .94 code on my prem. no lights. anyone hear from stern on what the dilio is here?

#4131 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

shooter rod delivered today - connected to CN15 running .94 code on my prem. no lights. anyone hear from stern on what the dilio is here?

Mine hasnā€™t shipped yet, but hoping itā€™s addressed before mine shows up.

#4132 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Looking for suggestions

When I first got my game I was adjusting it like crazy. Just make sure itā€™s level and 6.7 slope. Also there was a wire that was making my demo tilt back a little(there are pics in this thread on how to fix this) after this mine just got better with time. Have to brake that hole in!

I use novus 1 on my Playfields Ramps and Rubber. Hope this helps.

#4133 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Does the new 0.94 code activate the lighting or add a setting in the menu to turn it on?

EDIT: I didn't notice anything on either the adjustments or diagnostics menus for 0.94. So...

#4134 3 years ago

I noticed no more video mode on the mystery list. But Bulls@it is funny.

#4135 3 years ago

And just when I thought this game couldn't get better...

Played .94 tonight, got bullshit mode, and laughed my ass off the whole time. Nobody can say that this pinball machine doesn't have any humor in it now. Also got pretty deep into isolation multiball and broke 400k for the first time (I know...that's a daily occurrence for @chuckwurt...). I'm just not understanding why so many people are destroying this game on Pinside.

As to the shooter rod: It still doesn't work. Tomorrow, I'm going to swap node boards with my JP to see if that's what's causing it. If it still doesn't work, then it's definitely code because at that point I will have swapped out every part. And if it IS the code, that's the real bullshit mode since it should have been put in the code before the shooters shipped.

I'll keep you guys posted.

#4136 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does the new 0.94 code activate the lighting or add a setting in the menu to turn it on?

nope. no lights, no settings. i need to go lower my blood pressure somehow....

#4137 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm just not understanding why so many people are destroying this game on Pinside.

Youā€™ve been here way too long to still be wondering stuff like this. Haha

Similar to GOT, it wasnā€™t what people wanted. Also it doesnā€™t help that these games play like shit out of the box.

Havenā€™t gotten the new mode yet, but looking forward to it!

#4138 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Similar to GOT, it wasnā€™t what people wanted.

Another great game I ordered on Day 1, still have, and isn't leaving my house, ever. So I'll just get everything that Pinside says I shouldn't get and I'll be good. Except WWE. They might have been right about that one.

#4139 3 years ago

So does anyone have the stern shooter rod working?

#4140 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

So does anyone have the stern shooter rod working?

No one on pinside. Seems like it's probably a code thing that hasn't been activated yet.

#4141 3 years ago

Noticed they took out video mode as a option on mystery!! Was hoping they were eventually gunna do something with that and the middle button......

D3ACB716-3FAD-4AA3-9D3C-2FAAE2447399 (resized).jpegD3ACB716-3FAD-4AA3-9D3C-2FAAE2447399 (resized).jpeg
#4142 3 years ago

I noticed when playing yesterday that my right side UV lights are not working. All wires seem fine and tight. Anyone have any thoughts on a possible cause?

#4143 3 years ago

Follow the wires from start to finish to make sure they are making good connection. Verify with a meter.

#4144 3 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Noticed they took out video mode as a option on mystery!! Was hoping they were eventually gunna do something with that and the middle button......

Damn, that's disappointing. I was really hoping for a cool video mode.

#4145 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Damn, that's disappointing. I was really hoping for a cool video mode.

Iā€™d be shocked if this game doesnā€™t get a video mode based on prior conversations with EDDY.

#4146 3 years ago

I have a question for anyone that used the black vinyl mod for the vertical features of the projector: what am I doing wrong!?!? I can barely see anything when I apply this stuff over the white canvas. Especially on the drops and stand ups, but even on the main screen. Itā€™s just really dark and washed out. Iā€™ve tried rotating it, but no luck. Mine looks nothing like some of the pics people have posted. Am I missing something?

#4147 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Iā€™d be shocked if this game doesnā€™t get a video mode based on prior conversations with EDDY.

I hope you're right.

#4148 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I hope you're right.

But if it doesnā€™t I couldnā€™t care less. Video modes are just a goofy novelty to me. It would help fill out the game a bit, but I wonā€™t lose any sleep over it if they donā€™t put one in.

Iā€™d be more disappointed if they didnā€™t code in dirty pool than a video mode.

#4149 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But if it doesnā€™t I couldnā€™t care less. Video modes are just a goofy novelty to me. It would help fill out the game a bit, but I wonā€™t lose any sleep over it if they donā€™t put one in.

Iā€™d be more disappointed if they didnā€™t code in dirty pool than a video mode.

I know you're right, and I would normally agree with you. I've just been hoping to see a video mode with this theme for some reason...

#4150 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I know you're right, and I would normally agree with you. I've just been hoping to see a video mode with this theme for some reason...

Iā€™d like a direct copy of the AFM video mode. Because I suck at it and want to get better. Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/83?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.