IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 448.
#4051 3 years ago

Things I am waiting for before I jump into the club:

1) An official fix for the TK lock issue.

2) More projection mapping on the ramps, targets etc. Load it up. I want stuff all the time. One of the biggest selling points for the Premium/LE and it just feels lacking. To be fair I haven't seen the last couple of code releases so maybe this has gotten better?

3) More space for pins. Not really Stern's problem

#4052 3 years ago

So this is the last of the Stranger Things mods. I used Stranger Things to make it, but it's actually a universal item for any of the Pro/Prem badges on Stern Spike 2 machines to dress them up a bit. Choose a color (the GIF below is a bunch of them chained together), pop the badge off, snap it into the frame and re-attach. The frame still has a small lip, even once the badge is installed. It really dresses up the area. It'll be in the PinMonk store tonight.
Stranger-Things-Gold-Trm-Before-and-After_600x.gifStranger-Things-Gold-Trm-Before-and-After_600x.gif

#4053 3 years ago

So I just had yet another crash on .92. I've lost count now.
This time it was a ball draining down the left out lane. I received "mystery is lit" and then the game crashed.
It has happened so many times under so many different scenarios. I don't see a common denominator here.
I've emailed Stern previously yet I hear nothing back so I don't know if they're even checking.

#4054 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

This time it was a ball draining down the left out lane. I received "mystery is lit" and then the game crashed.
It has happened so many times under so many different scenarios. I don't see a common denominator here.
I've emailed Stern previously yet I hear nothing back so I don't know if they're even checking.

They are. You’ll never get an acknowledgement. Please send them the most info you can. It helps for sure. Brian said he thinks they will finally have the reset issues fixed on the next update.

#4055 3 years ago

They're redoing mystery entirely last I heard. It seems to be involved with a number of the crash bugs in various ways.

#4056 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're redoing mystery entirely last I heard. It seems to be involved with a number of the crash bugs in various ways.

Before I thought the extra ball/mystery lane was connected with the crash. But this was when mystery was lit from the outlane.

#4057 3 years ago

Yeah the mystery awards seem to be related to bugs for sure. I think sometimes when I get the points mystery award 2x playfield starts. Haha

#4058 3 years ago

Before I thought the extra ball/mystery lane was connected with the crash. But this was when mystery was lit from the outlane.

It's whenever mystery is involved, strange things (as in, unintended) can happen.

#4059 3 years ago

Was looking for adjustment in menu for projector, couldnt find it last night. Just reading about pulling coin door switch out which i didnt do last night. Do I pull switch first and go to menu? I didn't see anything projector related in any of adjustables.

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from sbauers73:

Was looking for adjustment in menu for projector, couldnt find it last night. Just reading about pulling coin door switch out which i didnt do last night. Do I pull switch first and go to menu? I didn't see anything projector related in any of adjustables.

Doesn’t matter when you pull the switch out. It’s under diag then ST then projector test.

#4061 3 years ago

Thanks chuck

#4062 3 years ago

How’s that fan working, Chuck?

#4063 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

How’s that fan working, Chuck?

Haha as too big. Got some baby desk fans siting on the coin box each pointed at one of the flippers. Seems to be keeping the demo shot more consistent. I don’t feel like I’m getting screwed on solid shots so that’s good.

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha as too big. Got some baby desk fans siting on the coin box each pointed at one of the flippers. Seems to be keeping the demo shot more consistent. I don’t feel like I’m getting screwed on solid shots so that’s good.

This gives new meaning to "fan layout"

#4065 3 years ago

So since downloading latest code. 2nd time this has showed up on projector screen. I just turned off then on again and all is well. Anybody else have this happen?

960FC92C-7B12-4967-972A-E3380DDAFCF4 (resized).jpeg960FC92C-7B12-4967-972A-E3380DDAFCF4 (resized).jpeg
#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. What is that?

Well, I guess we know what they went with to drive the projector video. Seems weird that they wouldn't place an order with that scrubbed from the ROM.

https://www.wandboard.org/

Only question now is which model did they go with.

I'm guessing this one, since it's the cheapest I see on a quick look, supports 1080p/30 and has HDMI out:

https://www.wandboard.org/products/wandboard/WB-IMX6S-BW/

Probably $40-50 or less in quantity.

#4068 3 years ago

Not sure. Since I downloaded the latest code only turned on machine 4 times to play and this has happened twice. Nothing turns on other than my installed speaker lights. It saying wandboard.org on the projector screen and that’s it. Had turn turn machine off then back on and all turns on.

#4069 3 years ago
93147667-DB81-4B95-A59A-9F7F4743C81F (resized).png93147667-DB81-4B95-A59A-9F7F4743C81F (resized).pngA568279F-9FDB-4CBF-8784-D2718A790F69 (resized).pngA568279F-9FDB-4CBF-8784-D2718A790F69 (resized).png
#4070 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Not sure. Since I downloaded the latest code only turned on machine 4 times to play and this has happened twice. Nothing turns on other than my installed speaker lights. It saying wandboard.org on the projector screen and that’s it. Had turn turn machine off then back on and all turns on.

Not sure what your issue is. I’d ask stern about it.

#4071 3 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I was waiting for the shooter rod to come in; just bought that and the sideblades...Just need to get some mods from Mezel and it's gonna be a fully pimped Pro!

#4072 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

That sounds like the CPU board not booting up. While mine was a pro I had a similar issue where the main cpu was not coming up and rebooting or opening the coin door would get it going. Turned out to be the sd card was bad. Grabbed one from my wife's camera (she hasn't noticed) and flashed the software and have not had the issue since. Worth trying

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That sounds like the CPU board not booting up. While mine was a pro I had a similar issue where the main cpu was not coming up and rebooting or opening the coin door would get it going. Turned out to be the sd card was bad. Grabbed one from my wife's camera (she hasn't noticed) and flashed the software and have not had the issue since. Worth trying

Thanks Count . I’ll give it a try. Also will give Stern a call tomorrow.

#4074 3 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Shooter rod sold out already. Checking with the local disti's. Hopefully they make more of these. Anyone put black chrome mirror blades in their machine? I usually do regular, but I think the black chrome would look great on this machine.

#4075 3 years ago

My friend makes shooter rods and has a dice one too. It’s not lit up like the stern one though. I can put you in touch if need be. Let me know.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4076 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My friend makes shooter rods and has a dice one too. It’s not lit up like the stern one though. I can put you in touch if need be. Let me know.

Thanks Chuck, I was considering just making one myself. I like the light up factor though, kinda goes with the UV theme. I will keep you/your friend in mind though.

#4077 3 years ago

Peace fellas! I’m out

#4078 3 years ago

Just a heads up for you Pro owners. My right ramp didn’t come with an air ball deflector. I haven’t seen any Pro with one in pics yet. I have had massive airballs and the ball whipping so fast it doesn’t go thru the optic. I emailed Chas and two days later the deflector showed up. Looks like the Prem/LE have em. But reach out to Stern and they will take care of you.

#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Just a heads up for you Pro owners. My right ramp didn’t come with an air ball deflector. I haven’t seen any Pro with one in pics yet. I have had massive airballs and the ball whipping so fast it doesn’t go thru the optic. I emailed Chas and two days later the deflector showed up. Looks like the Prem/LE have em. But reach out to Stern and they will take care of you.

What piece are you talking about? The one that goes over the switchback part of the ramp? If so, the Pro I've got has it.

#4080 3 years ago

anybody ever use the physical plunger to plunge the extra ball on mini multi-ball for trap em ? I thought I would give it a try and on my first attempt I launched the ball right into his mouth I've replicated it one other time you have to pull back the right amount and not go too hard pretty cool though

#4081 3 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

anybody ever use the physical plunger to plunge the extra ball on mini multi-ball for trap em ? I thought I would give it a try and on my first attempt I launched the ball right into his mouth I've replicated it one other time you have to pull back the right amount and not go too hard pretty cool though

Nice job! I’ve used the manual plunger during that mode but never got a mouth shot from it.

#4082 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What piece are you talking about? The one that goes over the switchback part of the ramp? If so, the Pro I've got has it.

Yeah, mine didn't have one (hence the insane amount of airballs). I have seen a couple others with the same issue. No biggie, easy fix and Stern sent it out right away. Just wanted to share for anyone who may not know a deflector should be there.

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Yeah, mine didn't have one (hence the insane amount of airballs). I have seen a couple others with the same issue. No biggie, easy fix and Stern sent it out right away. Just wanted to share for anyone who may not know a deflector should be there.

Are you talking about this deflector that I have the car on? Isn't the flasher mounted to it? Not sure how one would ship without it. I've never had air balls from the right ramp. Plenty from elsewhere

IMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpg

#4084 3 years ago

Yeah JDub was the first one I’ve heard of that didn’t have it. It would cause airballs for sure. If you think this game plays crappy out of the box, take off the left and right ramp covers and see how truly bad it could be!

Alright when does everyone think the next update is going to drop?

I’m thinking Wednesday or Thursday this week.

#4085 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I keep checking. Come on video mode!
And what are they going to use the lockdown bar button for? Hopefully like BM66, where it counts as a mode shot.

#4086 3 years ago

I keep checking. Come on video mode!
And what are they going to use the lockdown bar button for? Hopefully like BM66, where it counts as a mode shot.

I made this suggestion to Brian as well. But the button at the very least will be used to fire in video mode (I’ll be shocked if it’s not an AFM throw back).

I think the rework of all the mystery awards including the added video mode will be one of the last things.

I think the next update will have our first go at the wizard modes. Maybe not all of them but the season ones at least.

#4087 3 years ago

IIRC, isnt there a secret mode or something in the mystery awards?
Maybe it will tie in to the topper.

#4088 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

IIRC, isnt there a secret mode or something in the mystery awards?
Maybe it will tie in to the topper.

Not that I know of. I know there’s a side mission that was planned related to collecting all the tunnel drawings from season 2. Eddy made it seem like that was still on the table. But I wouldn’t guarantee that will be added still.

#4089 3 years ago

Cant wait to see the next update,
Go ahead the team code !

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah JDub was the first one I’ve heard of that didn’t have it. It would cause airballs for sure. If you think this game plays crappy out of the box, take off the left and right ramp covers and see how truly bad it could be!

#4090 3 years ago

Any thought on mirror blades or stern art blades on this game with the uv kit,mirror to much with the light and projector?

#4091 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Any thought on mirror blades or stern art blades on this game with the uv kit,mirror to much with the light and projector?

I was wondering the same, I usually put mirror blades on my games, but I was also looking at the black chrome instead for this one. It didn't look like the art blades were UV reactive, can anyone confirm that?

#4093 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I was wondering the same, I usually put mirror blades on my games, but I was also looking at the black chrome instead for this one. It didn't look like the art blades were UV reactive, can anyone confirm that?

Stern official art blades are not UV reactive, however they still look great on the game IMO

20200608_112305 (resized).jpg20200608_112305 (resized).jpg
#4094 3 years ago

I went with the "woods" art blades.
I used mirror on SW, but I felt after a week I didnt even notice them anymore.

#4095 3 years ago

So annoyed...

Got my STh shooter from Stern. Installed it. Plugged it into CN15 (by the way, there were no instructions on how to do this, I just know from JP...and it tells you to leave the original shooter plate in - which is impossible since they give you a new plate...so an F for their instructions!). Turned the machine on and...

It didn't light up.

Called the Stern tech support line to talk to Chas and...

Got the message that they're not taking calls because of COVID-19. (Complete horseshit, IMO.)

So now I have a shooter that doesn't work, an STh that won't accept fast code updates, and a T-Rex in JP that likes to take a nap from time to time instead of swallowing balls. (Insert joke here.)

If they keep this shit up, I'm going to start sounding like Dr. Frightener soon.

#4096 3 years ago

Dr frightener has been banned from pinside for like 6 months.

Email Chas. He’s responsive there.

[email protected]

#4097 3 years ago

If people were paying me $130ea for a D20 glued to a shooter rod with a few LEDs, I'd be taking support calls in the fucking shower for it.

For that much coin, they should come install and test it themselves with white gloves. Absolutely no reason to defer support calls on this due to corona.

#4098 3 years ago

Can anyone point me to a definitive rule sheet that's current with .92?
I have some questions about some modes. For example, on some modes I see all solid lit inserts. On other modes all inserts are solid except one is flashing. Why?
Also, on Where's Barb? it may show "Barb located" but the mode continues. And then another time it will say "completed". So is the goal to find barb or to shoot all lit shots? I'm guessing the later.
Thanks

#4099 3 years ago

Where’s barb is explained in the readme file of code updates. Check the one before .92

Here’s the basics:

Barb - hitting a shot and finding her on the first shot gives you 40 million and completes the mode. If not, you get an increasing value until you find her. The bonus for finding her is less than if it was the first shot. At any point you can hit the saucer, game says barb located and the flashing shot tells you where she is. If you do this, the mode will have the lowest value

Turn up the heat. This has been reworked too. Check the read me from the past few updates.

Lure dart. Shoot the three lit shots then shoot mystery to complete. Nothing else to it.

Morse code. Check readme file

What mama says. All shots are lit with left orbit flashing. Shoot flashing shot for highest value then it moves to the right one shot. Once you’ve collected all but one of the shots, mode is done.

Save will. Moving 2mm hurry up. Starts at left ramp. If you combo all the hurry ups together (they will flash crazy fast if combo still running), you get a big bonus.

Quarter hunt (switch frenzy mode). Look at the projector. There are 4 levels you can get based on switch hits. Each is worth more. Meanwhile, hitting ramps increases the per switch value you get. Big points here if you’re looping ramps and ripping the spinner.

Follow the compass. Shoot lit shot. Shot will move if you hit spinner. Hit enough shots to complete. Nothing else to it.

Operation Mirkwood. Ramps. Combo them for increasing millions. Once you’ve collected 10-13 ramps, mode is complete.

Get me out. All center shots lit for points and increase as you progress through the mode. Complete the mode by hitting them enough and shooting the center.

Bullies. Shoot lit orbits and ramps and then finish mode via mystery shot

Monster hunting. Shoot drops until the center shot lights behind the drops. Shoot that to complete.

#4100 3 years ago

I only expect a few of those to be done. They seem to tweak the modes with every update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Trade
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/82?hl=fredzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.