IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 448.
#4001 3 years ago

So my Pro arrives Friday, my first Spike system. Adding the speaker/headphone volume adjust, light up buttons and some other minor protective stuff. Any mods out there you all recommend for the Pro (also pre-ordered the light up shooter rod).

#4002 3 years ago

UV kit for sure. Then an external powered sub.

Also speaker light kits are great.

#4003 3 years ago

Exactly what chuckwurt said.
And sideart too

#4004 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

I am really wanting to buy a NIB pro but concerned about the recent playfield issues! Have any of you had any problems with your pro, premium or LE? I know the playfield will dimple I just don’t want any clear coat issues, pooling/chipping. I’m sure several of you will suggest I get a premium or LE instead of the pro but I just don’t want to drop the coin for one right now. Thx for any advice!

I had issues with a couple bubbles and a ton of scratches in my clear on my ST premium. Took several pictures and submitted to my distributor. Stern sent me an unpopulated replacement playfield.

My Munsters Premium has some pooling around a couple of the posts but was otherwise immaculate. I didn’t file a ticket for that.

It’s a dice roll honestly.

#4005 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Exactly what chuckwurt said.
And sideart too

imagamejunky which blade art did you go with? Mine has the UV kit installed, and I saw a few options out there.

#4006 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

imagamejunky which blade art did you go with? Mine has the UV kit installed, and I saw a few options out there.

I have the Stern official ones. They look great IMO. There may be others that look great too. I do wish they were UV reactive though.
I personally have found that the Stern official ones are more sturdy (thicker) than some others I've installed. They're less likely to tear or get scuffed from the PF. With the other brands I always use those plastic side art protectors before raising/lowering the PF. They also already have the hinge bolt holes cut out. You would think that ALL the manufacturers would pre-cut the holes, but nope.

Edit.. if you're adding a powered sub (as you should), buy a pinnovators sub out kit (like $40). Easy peasy hook up. Works perfect. No soldering or splicing wires

#4007 3 years ago

I'm worried. Turtles looks awesome, and I don't even care about the theme. I hope that they don't forget about ST when it comes to code updates.

#4008 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm worried. Turtles looks awesome, and I don't even care about the theme. I hope that they don't forget about ST when it comes to code updates.

It’s a completely different team. Lonnie is the lead on STH and Dwight is the lead on Turtles.

#4009 3 years ago

Looks like I'm joining the party. I knew something good would shake out of a tree when TMNT was revealed.

#4010 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a completely different team. Lonnie is the lead on STH and Dwight is the lead on Turtles.

I understand that, but when Stern as a whole moves on, it often forgets about other games, irrespective of the software designer. I'm sure that Brian Eddy is already in the initial stages of his next game, as is Ropp.

#4011 3 years ago

I can’t think of a single game that’s incomplete outside of new games that are still being actively worked on. That’s feature complete. Every game could use tweaks and bug fixes.

#4012 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can’t think of a single game that’s incomplete outside of new games that are still being actively worked on. That’s feature complete. Every game could use tweaks and bug fixes.

I think the closest you can get would be games that went a little sideways instead of forward to the finish line. AC/DC cannon modes never really got done, but the game can still be called feature complete with everything that DID get included. Xmen stumbled around like a drunken sailor before collapsing just over the threshold with its final still-kinda-bugged update...

#4013 3 years ago

Fair points. I’m mainly talking spike era games. I’m fully confident in these new games getting completed in pretty short order.

#4014 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Munsters is the only true stinkbomb in the Spike era that Stern calls complete that literally is almost exactly as INCOMPLETE as Batman '66 was at launch. Unfortunately that was Dwight. But from the stream, it looks like TMNT is a much different story, thankfully. Munsters will be a stain on Dwight's rep for a long time.

#4015 3 years ago

I need the Stern side armor for this thing now. Looks like it's sold out through Stern and backordered at Little Shop of Games. Anybody know anywhere else that might have it in stock?

#4016 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I need the Stern side armor for this thing now. Looks like it's sold out through Stern and backordered at Little Shop of Games. Anybody know anywhere else that might have it in stock?

Can check flip n out with Zach or tilt amusements with Trent.

#4017 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Hasn’t been available yet. Just preorders. I put my order back in Feb, and still waiting.

#4018 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Hasn’t been available yet. Just preorders. I put my order back in Feb, and still waiting.

Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks.

#4019 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I've had 4 reboots now. All of them happened after a ball entered the mystery/extra ball lane

Thanks I'll keep an eye for that on my machine

#4020 3 years ago

Stern's over-use of giant screws to secure (i.e. mess up the look of) plastic pieces to playfields and ramps always bugs me. It's no different with Stranger Things. So, I redesigned the DANGER and hnl plastics in 3D and made them hidden mount, eliminating all visible screws. Once I got those done, the corner on the left suddenly looked wrong, so I made a matching hidden mount corner piece for that, too. Should have the set of three in the Pinmonk store pretty soon.

corner-compare (resized).jpgcorner-compare (resized).jpg
corner_close (resized).jpgcorner_close (resized).jpg

#4021 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern's over-use of giant screws to secure (i.e. mess up the look of) plastic pieces to playfields and ramps always bugs me. It's no different with Stranger Things. So, I redesigned the DANGER and hnl plastics in 3D and made them hidden mount, eliminating all visible screws. Once I got those done, the corner on the left suddenly looked wrong, so I made a matching hidden mount corner piece for that, too. Should have the set of three in the Pinmonk store pretty soon.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I am in for a set of these day one! They look great. Nice job.

#4022 3 years ago

Is anyone else experimenting with fans for the flipper coils? If that is a fix, we can hit up Vireland to throw together some brackets and get a kit together.

#4023 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Is anyone else experimenting with fans for the flipper coils? If that is a fix, we can hit up Vireland to throw together some brackets and get a kit together.

I bought this yesterday. Haha

FFCA056B-60B4-4F9A-8BD8-46B4DAEE0057 (resized).pngFFCA056B-60B4-4F9A-8BD8-46B4DAEE0057 (resized).png
#4024 3 years ago

I sleep with that exact fan blowing directly into my face. I have a weird thing with still air. Truth be told I have weird things with a lot of normal situations. But that fan is fantastic for moving a ton of air. Are you just going to let that thing hurricane in the closed cabinet?

#4025 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I sleep with that exact fan blowing directly into my face. I have a weird thing with still air. Truth be told I have weird things with a lot of normal situations. But that fan is fantastic for moving a ton of air. Are you just going to let that thing hurricane in the closed cabinet?

Yeah. It’s dirt cheap so I figured I’d be able to use this for testing then let someone smarter than me come up with a more compact solution. Haha

#4026 3 years ago

On another note, does anyone know if Mezel is going to run another batch of his Arcade sign mods? I want that one, but if he;s done with them I'll grab the Lermods one.

#4027 3 years ago

I think mezel is having problems with the motor that turns them. I dont think they made manybor these, I have been wanting one since day 1 and they been out of stock

#4028 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

On another note, does anyone know if Mezel is going to run another batch of his Arcade sign mods? I want that one, but if he;s done with them I'll grab the Lermods one.

Did you get the UV kit? I'm quite happy with my Prem.

#4029 3 years ago

So my new Pro came in last night. Did the latest code, added my usual little stuff (shaker, button protectors etc). Have a couple questions on dialing it in. Airballs on the right ramp, anyone getting a ton of them? Worried about the glass and the plastics breaking. Also getting some airballs on the demo ramp. Thinking of lowering the flipper power just a bit. Also, anyone close the outlane posts in a notch? I am getting killed on the right outlane like crazy. I gotta say even for a Pro, the light effects are impressive!

#4030 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Airballs on the right ramp, anyone getting a ton of them?

Never. Where is the ball coming off the ramp? Does it have a cover at the bend?

I left the outlanes stock.

#4031 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never. Where is the ball coming off the ramp? Does it have a cover at the bend?
I left the outlanes stock.

Right at the bend actually, there isn't a cover on the ramp. That's why I am wondering if the flippers are just set too high.

#4032 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Right at the bend actually, there isn't a cover on the ramp. That's why I am wondering if the flippers are just set too high.

There should be a cover. I’d contact Chas at stern and get one.

E7C4A415-4A2B-471F-8505-13893A53C51C (resized).jpegE7C4A415-4A2B-471F-8505-13893A53C51C (resized).jpeg
#4033 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There should be a cover. I’d contact Chas at stern and get one. [quoted image]

That explains it. Just reached out to him. Thank you!

#4034 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Did you get the UV kit? I'm quite happy with my Prem.

Yeah, the one I found was already loaded. Just need the armor and I grabbed the Retro Refurbs woods blades and his S2 translite, too.

It’s been a good week. Found this Stranger Things Premium, and just last night got the word that a MM Royal spot just fell into my lap. Good times.

#4035 3 years ago

Last night I had a 2nd session with my friend's Stranger Things Pro. He had just installed the UV kit.

Wow! I'll start out that the sound set is fantastic. And it is at the bottom of the list.

A UV kit is a requirement, IMO.

I need more room. I need to win the lottery.

Nice pin.

#4036 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Hey Pro owners. How interactive is the shaker on this game? Worth it or pass for better mods?

I enjoy the shaker on this game. The only thing I question is why it doesn't shake on the telekinesis multi-ball. I expected it to shake when the van hits the ground.

#4037 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

why it doesn't shake on the telekinesis multi-ball.

exactly what I thought! the ball release feels/sounds violent without a shaker, but they absolutely should have put in a shake on that event. booooo

#4038 3 years ago

trickshot off the demo ramp! ruined a good game

Inkedtrickshot2_LI (resized).jpgInkedtrickshot2_LI (resized).jpg
#4039 3 years ago

NEW SDTM EPISODE! Watch Now!

Stranger Things Prem/LE Pinball Review

flipnoutpinball.com/sdtm

#4040 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

So my new Pro came in last night. Did the latest code, added my usual little stuff (shaker, button protectors etc). Have a couple questions on dialing it in. Airballs on the right ramp, anyone getting a ton of them? Worried about the glass and the plastics breaking. Also getting some airballs on the demo ramp. Thinking of lowering the flipper power just a bit. Also, anyone close the outlane posts in a notch? I am getting killed on the right outlane like crazy. I gotta say even for a Pro, the light effects are impressive!

I get lots of glass slapping air balls from the demo ramp. Even with flipper power dialed down.

Chas says the glass should be able to take it but it’s still jarring and frankly makes me nervous to play with too much excitement.

I don’t have air balls from the right ramp though. Them sending you the missing plastic should take care of those.

#4041 3 years ago

Ball will not break the glass, you need to hit that glass pretty hard with a hammer to shatter it.

#4042 3 years ago

I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten a glass hit from the demo ramp. Flippers are at full power.

#4043 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten a glass hit from the demo ramp. Flippers are at full power.

I dialed my flippers down to 245 (they were at 255), I think I am gonna go a little lower. The ball hits the glass quite a bit. While I get it won't "crack" the glass, it can scratch and chip over time. I have HD glass on a couple of my machines and have seen it happen. Also wondering how much abuse the plastic ramps can take with the ball flying around. May order an extra set of ramps now in case they become unobtainium later.

#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I dialed my flippers down to 245 (they were at 255), I think I am gonna go a little lower. The ball hits the glass quite a bit. While I get it won't "crack" the glass, it can scratch and chip over time. I have HD glass on a couple of my machines and have seen it happen. Also wondering how much abuse the plastic ramps can take with the ball flying around. May order an extra set of ramps now in case they become unobtainium later.

Overkill imo. Never seen a modern stern ramp break. Unless you plan to put 100k games on yours, I wouldn’t worry about it.

#4045 3 years ago

May I ask for a little tech help, please? Does "burn it back" register with the opto switch or the physical switch behind the opto on the loop to the right of the demogorogon? I noticed that I wasn't really getting many "burn it backs" or extra ball opportunities. I was wondering what was going on. I went to a switch test and it seems like the physical switch on the burn it back loop the one past the opto switch is not registering hits all the time. I've also noticed that "burn it back" won't even light on my game right now. Does the game know that the switch is acting up so it automatically shut that feature down? The switch does register sometimes.

Thanks a lot.

#4046 3 years ago

Yes the physical switch is the one that will give you credit for the loop. I was adjust it to make it more sensitive. When testing it roll the ball over it, not your finger.

#4047 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes the physical switch is the one that will give you credit for the loop. I was adjust it to make it more sensitive. When testing it roll the ball over it, not your finger.

A switch adjustment seemed to be just what the doctor ordered. Thank you!

#4048 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What worries me is that Mike Vinikour was on the TMNT LE stream suggesting he jumped ship from STH. He did a lot of the legwork on recent STH updates. I'm hoping we're at 1.0.0 by Christmas (as expected).

#4049 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

What worries me is that Mike Vinikour was on the TMNT LE stream suggesting he jumped ship from STH. He did a lot of the legwork on recent STH updates. I'm hoping we're at 1.0.0 by Christmas (as expected).

He helps on almost every game. I don’t think they are operating any different then they normally are.

#4050 3 years ago

Wild guess is that this game will be feature complete in the next couple months with tweaks and bug fixes going through the end of this year before it’s done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/81?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.