IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3107 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 448.
#3951 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could put a stronger coil on it, but then you'd be beating the crap out of the closer stuff like standups.

I think I will leave the coil alone for now and see what Stern says over the next month or two. Thanks for the advice.

#3952 3 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I think I will leave the coil alone for now and see what Stern says over the next month or two. Thanks for the advice.

It will probably end up as a damaged design, even with fixes. We'll see if Stern does better than just eventually disabling the feature and calling it "as designed" like they did for the GoT diverter issue.

#3953 3 years ago

I think I read somewhere that the Le's have two different coils for the flippers. My pro has the same coil for both.

#3954 3 years ago

I got to the end of the game showed the video and then glitched and started back at the beginning. Disappointing. Hope they finish the code.

#3955 3 years ago

I would have to double check, but I think they are the same.

#3956 3 years ago

I meant to say they fix the code.

#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I meant to say they fix the code.

I highly doubt the missed coding the final three wizard modes. Haha. They will get to it. Sucks games aren’t 100% complete at release, but I like the approach they are taking with this game.

#3958 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve rebuilt my flippers three times in 800 games and didn’t see much of an improvement.
No idea. But these shots seem to need perfect setup to work. Any variable changes slightly and the shots are no longer makable.
Might be a special coil type game like LOTR.
Ramps are on backorder. I hope this solves it once and for all.

Maybe it’s just heat. Put a fan inside and see if cooler coils keep the power consistent.

#3959 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I think I read somewhere that the Le's have two different coils for the flippers. My pro has the same coil for both.

Ah and I just got my first down vote for no reason. I feel like I'm finally a real member of pinside...

#3960 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Ah and I just got my first down vote for no reason. I feel like I'm finally a real member of pinside...

You haven't truly arrived until you get a downvote from dingleberry. I got an upvote from dingle once and it bummed me out. Seemed wrong.

#3961 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Tried to watch. Can't. These are guys who hit both flippers at the same time, all the time. If I want to watch that, I'll just have my six-year-old granddaughter fire up a game in my basement.
I'll stick to your streams, Erik.

I'm offended you haven't joined my stream yet you big Boob!

https://www.twitch.tv/emilyanddoctorjohn/videos

( streamed the new code yesterday BTW)

#3962 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I'm offended you haven't joined my stream yet you big Boob!
https://www.twitch.tv/emilyanddoctorjohn/videos
( streamed the new code yesterday BTW)

We used to join streams on Boy Scout campouts when we got bored--oh, wait...you were talking about the internet. Sorry. Yeah...I'll be sure to do that now.

#3963 3 years ago

Dri, your black diamond canva looks good too !!!!

[Drunken stream on 0.92 from last night. Forgot to change my overlay . 300M, 2 TKs and TI]

#3964 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve rebuilt my flippers three times in 800 games and didn’t see much of an improvement.
No idea. But these shots seem to need perfect setup to work. Any variable changes slightly and the shots are no longer makable.
Might be a special coil type game like LOTR.
Ramps are on backorder. I hope this solves it once and for all.

Install fans on the coils... this reduces the fade.

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Dri, your black diamond canva looks good too !!!!

Thank you, sir! I really like how the modes tie better into the projection for each release. Monster hunting is my favorite mode now.

#3967 3 years ago

Hey Pro owners. How interactive is the shaker on this game? Worth it or pass for better mods?

#3968 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Hey Pro owners. How interactive is the shaker on this game? Worth it or pass for better mods?

Not sure shaker is any different on Pro vs Premium but I added one to my prem and it’s absolutely worth it - integrates really well

#3969 3 years ago

Hey all. My projector is all out of whack after last update. Can’t find the adjustment settings or the thread on here. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

#3970 3 years ago

Diagnostic menu. Then pick the ST diagnostics.

Make sure the interlock is engaged so you can see the screens while adjusting.

#3971 3 years ago

Thank you. I swear I spend more time adjusting this machine then playing it.

#3972 3 years ago

Couldn't figure out why the ball was suddenly getting caught under the demogorgon sometimes. Took it apart to see what was happenening and it turns out the one-way gate on the left had come out of the bracket. Irritating to get to and fix when a factory crimp on the wire after it was fed through the hole in the gate bracket would have stopped this from happening at all.

Wire off the gate bracket...
ball-trap (resized).jpgball-trap (resized).jpg

And fixed...
ball-trap--fixed (resized).jpgball-trap--fixed (resized).jpg

#3973 3 years ago

So with the newest code .92.0 on my premium I had a customer playing it yesterday and it crashed and rebooted during monster hunter mode after he shot up left ramp and it locked a ball on the wall. Anyone have anything similar happen or any reboot issue with new code for prem/LE yet and if so where is this something mechanical or is there still some bug in the software? Any help would be great, unfortunately I wasnt in room to see it happen just heard the game stop and reboot to main screen.

#3974 3 years ago

Pretty sure it’s just a bug. The game has had reset issues in pretty much every update. It just seems to be moving around instead of getting squashed for good.

Definitely not mechanical.

#3975 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure it’s just a bug. The game has had reset issues in pretty much every update. It just seems to be moving around instead of getting squashed for good.
Definitely not mechanical.

Ok thanks thought I was going crazy

#3976 3 years ago

Change log for 0.92 version:

LE/PRE V0.92.0 - May 21, 2020
=====================

- Fixed a bug where a lit/awarded Spell of Protection didn't work properly
during either Total Isolation Multiball rule.
- Changed the 1st and 2nd Total Isolation Multiball Super Jackpot lightshows
by leaving the G.I. lights on longer.
- Now the 2 middle drop targets will compensate for the center arrow shot
during the "It's a Trap" Demodog mode.
- Improved the It's a Trap award lightshows with a bigger twinkling/sweeping effect.
- Improved the Junk Yard award lightshows with a bigger twinkling/sweeping effect.
- Modified the Turn up the Heat progress bar to properly show progress when the
last shot was lit to finish the mode.
- Now it takes 15 Demodog switch hits to complete Break Out.
- Scoring for It's a Trap has changed. Shots are now worth 3M+ based upon the
number of times It's a Trap has been started.
- The scoring for the 2nd Upside Down Hurry Up has changed. Now the Hurry Up
scoring starts at 10M and counts down to 1M. Each made shot scores the
Hurry Up value times the number of shots made.
- Fixed overlapping text in Feature Adjustments.
- Fixed a bug where Telekinesis Multiball could start during the grace period
of another multiball.
- Now Upside Down Hurry Up count down values are paused from counting down when
shooting the left ramp to lock a ball or start Telekinesis Multiball.
- Modified the Turn up the Heat progress bar GUI to show progress of advancing
the thermometer from 75 degrees to 102 degrees.
- Added a new Upside Down Hurry Up rule. Now the game will alternate between
starting an Upside Down Hurry Up mode that is completed by shooting 4 drop
targets, and, starting an Upside Down Hurry Up mode that is completed by
making 4 shots (2 ramps, 2 orbits).
- Fixed an issue during Morse Code where the mode music transitioned prematurely
to the main play music before showing all of the collected Morse Code letters.
- Fixed an issue where Morse Code would not end properly.
- Fixed an issue with Morse Code where the progress bar was not working correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Burn it Back instant info wouldn't advance to the next
instant info item.
- Fixed a problem on Monster Hunting where the final awarded shot only displayed
the mode total. Now the final shot displays an award video followed by a mode
total presentation.
- Removed reserved lamps from the Demodog Attack award lightshows.
- Removed reserved lamps from the Demogorgon mode/multiball award lightshows.
- Removed reserved lamps from the Monster Hunting award lightshow.
- Removed reserved lamps from the Upside Down Hurry Up background/award lightshows.
- Removed reserved lamps from the Total Isolation 1 and 2 Multiball award lightshows.
- Added instant info for Burn it Back.
- Lowered the default speech volume to address distortion being heard on some games.
- Now Turn up the Heat scores 4M for finishing the mode.
- Added new heater pitched sound effects to Turn up the Heat for hitting targets,
solid arrow and blinking arrow shots.
- Fixed a problem that could occur when a mode was completed where the LCD screen
would momentarily not show the default background screen.
- Removed reserved lamps from the Telekinesis Multiball start/award lightshows.
- Added new award lightshows to Telekinesis Multiball for Jackpot, Double Jackpot,
Triple Jackpot, and Super Jackpot.
- Added functionality to display Turn up the Heat start/awards/total effects on
the LCD display if a Demogorgon mode/multiball is running.
- Added functionality to display Where's Barb start/awards/total effects on
- Updated Scoring for Monster Hunting, Follow the Compass, Turn up the Heat,
Bullies and Lure Dart.
- Turn up the Heat is now a 40 second timed mode where the temperature only
goes up. Scoring for this is based upon how much each shot raises the
temperature, i.e. targets score 500K, ramps = 1M, right/left lane = 2M.
- Fixed an issue where completing a Demogorgon mode during Operation Mirkwood
could crash the game.
- Changed scoring for making a Skill Shot. Now a Skill Shot scores 5M+ and a
Super Skill Shot scores 10M+.
- Fixed a bug where the mode timer could display '99' for a frame as the mode's
time expired.
- Added a variation to the Follow the Compass rule. Now shooting the spinner
will move the current shot arrow 1 position for each spin.
- Now the 2 middle drop targets will compensate for the center arrow shot during
Follow the Compass.
- Fixed a problem with the Monster Hunting mode start display effect where the
LCD display could be green for 1 frame.
- Added functionality to display Operation Mirkwood start/awards/total effects on
- Fixed overlapping text on the Total Isolation Champion Instant Info display effect.
- Added Total Isolation 2 Champion to Instant Info.
- Fixed a bug in Quarter Hunt where the progress bar could momentarily exceed
it's boundaries when returning from a foreground display effect.
- Now the 2 middle drop targets will compensate for the center arrow shot during
Where's Barb.
- Fixed a bug in Break Out and It's a Trap where the Final shot award wasn't
being displayed
- Now the 2 middle drop targets will compensate for the final center arrow shot
during Save Will.
- Fixed an issue where collected items on the Monster Hunting background display
were not being displayed.
- Fixed a scoring bug in Where's Barb where the game didn't award shown points
when completing the mode.
- Fixed the Super Jackpot lightshows in Trap'Em, Run Will and Can't Stop This
where the lightshow looked like it was bogging during the last 2 seconds of
the presentation.

#3977 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Couldn't figure out why the ball was suddenly getting caught under the demogorgon sometimes. Took it apart to see what was happenening and it turns out the one-way gate on the left had come out of the bracket. Irritating to get to and fix when a factory crimp on the wire after it was fed through the hole in the gate bracket would have stopped this from happening at all.
Wire off the gate bracket...
[quoted image]
And fixed...
[quoted image]

Happened on mine as well. I didn't know it till the demogorgon ramp wouldn't go all the way down. The ball gate was jamming the ramp mechanism

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

So with the newest code .92.0 on my premium I had a customer playing it yesterday and it crashed and rebooted during monster hunter mode after he shot up left ramp and it locked a ball on the wall. Anyone have anything similar happen or any reboot issue with new code for prem/LE yet and if so where is this something mechanical or is there still some bug in the software? Any help would be great, unfortunately I wasnt in room to see it happen just heard the game stop and reboot to main screen.

I've had 4 reboots now. All of them happened after a ball entered the mystery/extra ball lane

#3979 3 years ago

Maybe I don't get the game cookin' enough to confuse it to the point where it restarts on my pro. I've never had a restart on any of the versions of code thus far.

#3980 3 years ago

Anyone know what the "Demodog spinning target" in the feature matrix for Pro/Prem/LE is talking about?

EDIT: NVM. It's the spinner for the left orbit with the demodog sticker on it.

#3981 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Thank you. I swear I spend more time adjusting this machine then playing it.

Yeah, for me that will probably keep me from ever owning this one. Unless once dialed in they stay dialed in. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. Keeping an eye on this thread.

Love the theme and like the game. But I owned a game like this once, and after a couple YEARS of persistent tweaks I had to get the game out of the house.

#3982 3 years ago

Just played for 45 minutes like this, only going for demogorgon modes, and the demo shot was money the whole time. The ultimate test will be to play normal until I can’t make the shot anymore, then turn the fan on wait ten minutes then start playing again. I’ll report back on my findings. May solve the issue of the magnet lock becoming inconsistent after extended play too. But I can’t test that until my new plastic cover comes in. I messed mine up elongating the mounting holes and bending the metal hood.

11E4346A-9B42-49D7-ACE5-BAD8B7F8CFC7 (resized).jpeg11E4346A-9B42-49D7-ACE5-BAD8B7F8CFC7 (resized).jpeg
#3983 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just played for 45 minutes like this, only going for demogorgon modes, and the demo shot was money the whole time. The ultimate test will be to play normal until I can’t make the shot anymore, then turn the fan on wait ten minutes then start playing again. I’ll report back on my findings. May solve the issue of the magnet lock becoming inconsistent after extended play too. But I can’t test that until my new plastic cover comes in. I messed mine up elongating the mounting holes and bending the metal hood. [quoted image]

Haha! Looks like it's time for a PinMonk power flippers quiet fan kit.

#3984 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just played for 45 minutes like this,

Now that's some serious cooling!

#3985 3 years ago

I don’t think I could do that again

F0B4C76C-B976-4062-B130-F1F059DA6B1F (resized).jpegF0B4C76C-B976-4062-B130-F1F059DA6B1F (resized).jpeg
#3986 3 years ago

Haha. I’ve done that exactly once.

#3987 3 years ago

Eddy says they found what is hopefully the last of the bugs that causes crashes. Will be fixed with next update.

#3988 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Eddy says they found what is hopefully the last of the bugs that causes crashes. Will be fixed with next update.

Did he say when it would be released?

#3989 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Did he say when it would be released?

Nope. But judging by the current cadence we won’t have to wait longer than 3-4 weeks.

#3990 3 years ago

I am really wanting to buy a NIB pro but concerned about the recent playfield issues! Have any of you had any problems with your pro, premium or LE? I know the playfield will dimple I just don’t want any clear coat issues, pooling/chipping. I’m sure several of you will suggest I get a premium or LE instead of the pro but I just don’t want to drop the coin for one right now. Thx for any advice!

#3991 3 years ago

Nothing outside of dimples on my LE.

#3992 3 years ago

And the pro is a fantastic game!

#3993 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

And the pro is a fantastic game!

I second this.

#3994 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

Have any of you had any problems with your pro, premium or LE?

just the typical dimpling on my premium. everything else checks out 100%

#3995 3 years ago

I am really wanting to buy a NIB pro but concerned about the recent playfield issues! Have any of you had any problems with your pro, premium or LE? I know the playfield will dimple I just don’t want any clear coat issues, pooling/chipping. I’m sure several of you will suggest I get a premium or LE instead of the pro but I just don’t want to drop the coin for one right now. Thx for any advice!

LOTS of dimpling (even in areas that don't get airballs like under and to the left of the demogorgon), but no clear pooling or chipping on the one here.

#3996 3 years ago

Had a customer challenge me, wanted a finish for his premium that had an upside down look. How do you guys think I did

289D3E76-44DB-4A77-B19E-25F5F55CBEEF (resized).jpeg289D3E76-44DB-4A77-B19E-25F5F55CBEEF (resized).jpeg37943B7A-8074-416F-9F8E-97F5236566F9 (resized).jpeg37943B7A-8074-416F-9F8E-97F5236566F9 (resized).jpeg732A6BC6-55B4-4E66-9E2B-7E5102E30285 (resized).jpeg732A6BC6-55B4-4E66-9E2B-7E5102E30285 (resized).jpeg96216726-F3D8-472D-BA0F-EE72543CD5DA (resized).jpeg96216726-F3D8-472D-BA0F-EE72543CD5DA (resized).jpegB0F48AAB-260B-42B7-A6E9-85B8E5A50262 (resized).jpegB0F48AAB-260B-42B7-A6E9-85B8E5A50262 (resized).jpegF2D37D3B-24F2-4E3A-B62E-5E014DCCB289 (resized).jpegF2D37D3B-24F2-4E3A-B62E-5E014DCCB289 (resized).jpeg
#3998 3 years ago

It’s a tough one to picture, looks stunning in person

#3999 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Had a customer challenge me, wanted a finish for his premium that had an upside down look. How do you guys think I did

Looks stellar! Does it come with UV ink or do you charge extra for that afterwards?

#4000 3 years ago

I was concerned about this too. You have nothing to worry about. Other than 10 million dimples

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/80?hl=bzamborski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.