IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 448.
#3901 3 years ago

Totally agree. Had MET for 6 months and that was PLENTY haha. Would much rather have GOTG (theme is way better for me too).

#3902 3 years ago

I agree completely. Only reason I still have Metallica is I'm a huge fan of the band and probably wont ever sell it.

#3903 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Previous Metallica premium owner here. Metallica is a very fun game in the beginning that gets old. It's like chopping wood. Keep shooting the same shots over and over and over again.

I set the CIU requirements lower and that killed any wood-choppiness it had for me. Later software revisions lowered the default requirements for CIU as well. You get a nice balance between starting the multiballs and playing CIU modes.

Newer games like JP are more interesting than Met, but a few tweaks keeps Met plenty fun.

#3904 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

People are going to be mad that I wrote this. Oh well.
Previous Metallica premium owner here. Metallica is a very fun game in the beginning that gets old. It's like chopping wood. Keep shooting the same shots over and over and over again.
Guardians of the Galaxy is the same play field but with modern code and it's a mode based game. Way more fun with the same layout.
Having said that. I would go with stranger things. It's a total blast and it has many modes to keep things interesting. Plus it's modern tech.
But get a Premium

This is exactly where my thoughts are, after 3 year with it. I have a small collection and have a MET Pro, being offered a very good trade on a STH Pro with UV kit straight up. Thank you for the feedback!

#3905 3 years ago

Yeah that’s a fair deal imo. Even with how popular MET is, it would be tough to get much more than 5k for one that is super duper nice with great mods. Shake up the lineup! You can always trade this away later if you don’t like it.

#3906 3 years ago

Not only is stranger things alot of fun, and current the 4th season will be out on netflix next year so will be picking up even more steam and becoming even more popular. I would suggest at least premium as the projector completes the game and makes it unique. I own an LE and it was well worth the extra money. Between the powder coating, upgraded sound system and mirror backglass.

#3907 3 years ago

- Lowered the default speech volume to address distortion being heard on some games.

I've put my PRO back to stock audio settings and I am no longer hearing distortion. I was even able to raise the volume over 10 without issues. I've not heard all of the callouts yet but so far so good.

Also digging the new compass mode rule where the spinner changes the shot. Now it doesn't feel as similar as find will.

#3908 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

- Lowered the default speech volume to address distortion being heard on some games.
I've put my PRO back to stock audio settings and I am no longer hearing distortion. I was even able to raise the volume over 10 without issues. I've not heard all of the callouts yet but so far so good.
Also digging the new compass mode rule where the spinner changes the shot. Now it doesn't feel as similar as find will.

I'm still at +12 on speech attenuation on mine. I prefer quieter callouts than music

#3909 3 years ago

Alright, feeling a little stupid here tonight. Was going to take off the demo to pitch it forward. Took the two bolts off the bottom that seem to line up with the mount. And disconnected the wiring. But the demo doesn’t want to budge. Been a long day. Am I missing something
B7F8D85E-0FD0-4973-BD02-B61EA192982D (resized).jpegB7F8D85E-0FD0-4973-BD02-B61EA192982D (resized).jpeg

Edit* found the screw going in through the top of the playfield. Don’t feel like taking a ramp off tonight to get to it. Unfortunately this Will wait for another day...

#3910 3 years ago

There is one screw on the top side that holds the bracket in from there. It’s hard to see, but if you’re looking at the demo with the playfield down it’s on the left. It’s a 1/4 wood screw.

#3911 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is one screw on the top side that holds the bracket in from there. It’s hard to see, but if you’re looking at the demo with the playfield down it’s on the left. It’s a 1/4 wood screw.

Thanks, saw that not too long after posting. Don’t feel like moving the ramp to get to it tonight. So I’ll tackle this another day haha

#3912 3 years ago

I've been wondering what the wood screw even does. The 2 through bolts obviously hold the bracket tight to the PF all by themselves.
I tried adding 2 thin washers under the rear 2 screws that attach the plastic demogorgon and I can't even tell that it's tilted forward at all.
I'm thinking that the rear wood screw tilts the whole bracket back.

#3913 3 years ago

Ime the difference was made when I made the demo more jiggly.

#3914 3 years ago

I’m not trying to shit on anyone’s investment but I’ve had an LE since launch and I have never in my history of pinball had to work on a game as much as I have this stranger things. It’s getting pretty old

#3915 3 years ago

Yep. This game requires tons of tweaking for the most part unless you’re really lucky so anyone buying this should definitely take that risk into consideration.

#3916 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. This game requires tons of tweaking for the most part unless you’re really lucky so anyone buying this should definitely take that risk into consideration.

It’s not even tweaking. Had two bad node boards, tk lock don’t work. Had to move the right orbit switch. Gate came off under the demo head. Usual adjustments are fine but I’m taking ramps off and removing boards on the regular.

#3917 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

It’s not even tweaking. Had two bad node boards, tk lock don’t work. Had to move the right orbit switch. Gate came off under the demo head. Usual adjustments are fine but I’m taking ramps off and removing boards on the regular.

Me too. TWD prem was the worst before this, but this takes the cake for sure.

People who waited will know all this and be able to weigh their decision.

I jumped in early because this is my number one theme and if I’m going to go all out once, this is it.

I’ve always said, stern is lucky in my case that I’m totally fine tearing a game apart to fix issues, but this game is going to piss off a lot of owners.

#3918 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Me too. TWD prem was the worst before this, but this takes the cake for sure.
People who waited will know all this and be able to weigh their decision.
I jumped in early because this is my number one theme and if I’m going to go all out once, this is it.
I’ve always said, stern is lucky in my case that I’m totally fine tearing a game apart to fix issues, but this game is going to piss off a lot of owners.

Yeah what’s crazy other than the lock really it’s never the same problem. Like it’s a gate getting stuck or a switch not working. Lots of tweaking. BY ALL MEANS I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME it just takes work to get this game to the level it should be manufactured at. I’m guessing we are the beasts of burden and the new wave owners should have a better product. I will say this is a tough game. All tough games take some tweaking to take them from HARD to challenging. There is a difference

#3919 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Yeah what’s crazy other than the lock really it’s never the same problem. Like it’s a gate getting stuck or a switch not working. Lots of tweaking. BY ALL MEANS I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME it just takes work to get this game to the level it should be manufactured at. I’m guessing we are the beasts of burden and the new wave owners should have a better product. I will say this is a tough game. All tough games take some tweaking to take them from HARD to challenging. There is a difference

Yeah that’s why TWD took forever for me to dial in. The issues made it impossible to play. Once dialed it was just really hard. Haha

#3920 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ime the difference was made when I made the demo more jiggly.

Thanks for all the help with the demo shot. Added a couple washers to tilt forward and left it a little looser so it could move, much better now.

#3921 3 years ago

I will say chuckwurt has been here day 1 before the game was released and was super pumped and he’s still here living the dream which I respect big time. Kid said it’s his dream theme and he’s sticking with this thing even though it’s a huge PIA from a maintenance perspective and that’s saying a lot b/c he’s not a newbie. Respect.

#3922 3 years ago

I have an early run with the original ramp. I can hit the demo. It just takes a skillful shot. Flailing about is not going to get it done. For me, the best way to kill the demogorgon with one shot is to cradle the ball (left flipper preferred) and go straight up the ramp. It helps to ease up on how hard you press the flipper button too. I hit the flipper button with about 90% strength instead of the usual 100%. It seems like everyone has a different method, but this is mine.

#3923 3 years ago

Yep. Best way to get the demo is from a trap. Now if I can just get my flipper performance to stay consistent. I’m 100% accuracy on the demo mouth from each flipper on games 1 and 2 of the day. Then it drops to like 50%. Haha.

#3924 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Best way to get the demo is from a trap. Now if I can just get my flipper performance to stay consistent. I’m 100% accuracy on the demo mouth from each flipper on games 1 and 2 of the day. Then it drops to like 50%. Haha.

It's funny that you say that. I seem to be better at hitting it on games 1 and 2 as well.

#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

It's funny that you say that. I seem to be better at hitting it on games 1 and 2 as well.

That’s not a coincidence.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3926 3 years ago

Got to put some games on a Premium the other day. I still struggle with this game and just haven't been able to connect with it. It's very pretty with everything going on and I like some of the layout choices plus fighting the Demo is a lot of fun, but I don't like having those targets right above the flippers and the callouts are a little lacking. I'll keep playing it though. I do think it's a cool pin overall.

#3927 3 years ago

Going live now!!

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Dipsy Doodle to start things for a league thing I’m doing then Stranger Things new code. delt31

#3928 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

the callouts are a little lacking

This game has callouts for pretty much every major switch. Haha

#3929 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This game has callouts for pretty much every major switch. Haha

I guess I should clarify, that it's not the number of callouts, but the energy behind them.

#3930 3 years ago

I bought a pro. Have over 500 games. Havnt had to do shit. Update the code everytime. Gets better and better. Wife and i hit the demo shot all the time. I added a shaker motor. Best game i have bought. The challenge keeps us playing over and over. Everything works. I left it alone. Maybe too many people screwing with it and make it worse? But what do i know. Im an arcade guy

#3931 3 years ago
Quoted from BearLuvzPIE:

I bought a pro. Have over 500 games. Havnt had to do shit. Update the code everytime. Gets better and better. Wife and i hit the demo shot all the time. I added a shaker motor. Best game i have bought. The challenge keeps us playing over and over. Everything works. I left it alone. Maybe too many people screwing with it and make it worse? But what do i know. Im an arcade guy

Yep! nah. Some of us are a lot more Alba than others and notice every little thing that doesn’t work quite as well as it could. I bet if I played your game, I’d find a few adjustments that need to be made. Haha.

#3932 3 years ago

Had my first game crash. . It was on .92. Had just completed upside-down. And immediately started operation mirkwood before my upside down totals were displayed, and the machine rebooted. Sent a description to stern.

#3933 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’ve come to just accept it is what it is

Fun and frustrating!

But hey, wouldn’t be much fun hitting 100% of the time right

#3934 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I’ve come to just accept it is what it is
Fun and frustrating!
But hey, wouldn’t be much fun hitting 100% of the time right

Not my point. The game is clearly losing flipper performance the longer you play. What if all of a sudden the ball didn’t have enough speed to make it up the ramps? Same thing is happening here in relation to the demo mouth shot.

#3935 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not my point. The game is clearly losing flipper performance the longer you play. What if all of a sudden the ball didn’t have enough speed to make it up the ramps? Same thing is happening here in relation to the demo mouth shot.

Why is that you think? My game does the same thing. Usually takes about 8-10 games

Maybe changing out the coils and flipper rebuild?

Has anyone installed their new ramp yet and has it made a difference ?

#3936 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe changing out the coils and flipper rebuild?

I’ve rebuilt my flippers three times in 800 games and didn’t see much of an improvement.

No idea. But these shots seem to need perfect setup to work. Any variable changes slightly and the shots are no longer makable.

Might be a special coil type game like LOTR.

Ramps are on backorder. I hope this solves it once and for all.

#3937 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a pro and not noticing the decline. Is this mainly on pre/le?

#3938 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve rebuilt my flippers three times in 800 games and didn’t see much of an improvement.
No idea. But these shots seem to need perfect setup to work. Any variable changes slightly and the shots are no longer makable.
Might be a special coil type game like LOTR.
Ramps are on backorder. I hope this solves it once and for all.

Wow. 3 times already!

My point is that in some ways like TWD, which also needs a perfect setup with those pops, some aggravation is not a terrible thing

#3939 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a pro and not noticing the decline. Is this mainly on pre/le?

Pro here too and can nail the demo And other after several games no problem.

#3940 3 years ago

I have a pro and my demo shot magically settled in about 3 months ago. My flipper on the other hand continues to stick after about 6 to 8 games. I haven't taken it apart to date. My wife plays the game every day and doesn't want it to be down. We just live with the sticking flipper at this point.

#3941 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow. 3 times already!

It didn’t need it. Was just trying anything I could.

#3942 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Pro here too and can nail the demo And other after several games no problem.

Per stern unless you received one of the first LEs or pros in the first few hundred, your game’s demo shot should be fine.

#3943 3 years ago

Drunken stream on 0.92 from last night. Forgot to change my overlay . 300M, 2 TKs and TI.

I really appreciate the additional polish.

#3944 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I have a pro and my demo shot magically settled in about 3 months ago. My flipper on the other hand continues to stick after about 6 to 8 games. I haven't taken it apart to date. My wife plays the game every day and doesn't want it to be down. We just live with the sticking flipper at this point.

It's most likely just the coil stop. Very easy and cheap to replace. And also just so both while your at it.

#3945 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Replace both coil stops with the pinball life one. Your flipper will stop sticking. You likely have a broken coil stop. Soon you will have two. Stern ships ones they know are defective.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Easy fix. Takes about 10 minutes total to do both.

#3946 3 years ago

I got the TK lock to work somewhat. But now if I try to backhand the TK lock it just comes back down the ramp as it can't make it by the diverter. Is that expected?

#3947 3 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I got the TK lock to work somewhat. But now if I try to backhand the TK lock it just comes back down the ramp as it can't make it by the diverter. Is that expected?

Pretty much.

#3948 3 years ago

I agree with you. Horrible designed mechanism. I still like the machine, but this does ruin the gameplay. And it looks like you can't make the flippers any stronger. They are already maxed out.

#3949 3 years ago

What coils are on the flippers? Might be time to go up one.

#3950 3 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I agree with you. Horrible designed mechanism. I still like the machine, but this does ruin the gameplay. And it looks like you can't make the flippers any stronger. They are already maxed out.

You could put a stronger coil on it, but then you'd be beating the crap out of the closer stuff like standups.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/79?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.