IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 449.
#3851 3 years ago

I will say that I'm usually always a Prem buyer, but I really feel like the Pro is the way to go here; it's such a fun fast game, and the left ramp is still a challenging shot on the pro; it's a fairly tight shot because of the geometry.

#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I’ve been saying this for months now, but I’ll say it again... to get the full potential out of those kenwoods you need to install an amp. I’m running two amps one for the backbox and one for the Pyle sub I got in the cab.

I've got a nice car audio Zapco amp I could use for this, can you explain your setup a bit in detail? What are you using for inputs??

#3853 3 years ago

New glitch on my LE.

So on the left ramp if the lock is light, and i make the shot, the ball is grabbed by the TK (mine always worked great from first play btw, when the shot is clean) and the magnet grabs the ball.... Then drops it, makes the noises like it is suppose to but doesnt register as a shot to the walkie talkie and or lock the ball. Drop it down to the post, then the post releases the ball..
Played a few games like this now and restarted the pin and still doing this.

Should I be calling Stern??
I'm on 0.90 and have been since it came out.. I was having reset issues on the EB shot but that hasn't happened in a while now.
about 465 plays on my pin so far.

Anybody else have this happen yet??

#3854 3 years ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

I've got a nice car audio Zapco amp I could use for this, can you explain your setup a bit in detail? What are you using for inputs??

I got a kit from pinwoofer minus the backbox speakers. I called and talked to the guy and let him know I didn’t need the backbox speakers he took 30 dollars off the kit. Well worth it in my opinion I play the game with vol on five now but when guests come over I’ll push it to 9 and damn what a difference!!

#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Ok tried again. You definitely can't pull it away without drilling new holes for the ramp flap. I left the back screw out and pushed both ramps as far forward as possie and tightened the screws againbut left the back one out. I realigned the mech again and it still is shit.
I'm giving up for real. I know how to repair games. This is just a horrible design.
They probably don't test it at the factory cause the playfield would be completely dimpled by the time they got it adjusted.

I wouldnt get one. Buy something else. The lock mech is complete shit and a main feature of the game broken out if the box.

I’m not so sure they don’t do some kind of spot checking. My brand new one showed up with the playfield dimpled in a couple places, scratched to hell, and bubbles in the clear.

Looked like it got played at least once or twice then someone wiped it with a paper towel or something before boxing it up.

Fortunately I recorded the unboxing and it being the first thing I saw after lifting the back box and my distributor went up to bat for me. Once Stern opens back up they are shipping me a replacement unpopulated playfield.

#3856 3 years ago

Anyone in the know with when we'll get the next code update? I keep checking. I'm tired of Where's Barb cheating me!

#3857 3 years ago

They are doing at least one a month. So probably in the next couple 2-3 weeks.

#3858 3 years ago

Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?! I finally completed two modes that I had never completed before in the same game: Operation Mirkwood and Bullies. Operation Mirkwood requires a ton of ramp hits (I think Chuck said 10). I started the mode and then started TK multiball. That helped. As for Bullies, there's no excuse for me not to have completed that one before. I always panic on the last shot into the mystery lane. It was awesome seeing Eleven tell the bullies to "Go!" It's too bad that it didn't show him pissing his pants.

#3859 3 years ago

Well he pissed his pants in a different scene, so that might be why.

#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Well he pissed his pants in a different scene, so that might be why.

Oh. Well, that might be the reason-- haha. Can't remember every detail about the show, for crying out loud. I thought that she humiliated him right there.

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Oh. Well, that might be the reason-- haha. Can't remember every detail about the show, for crying out loud. I thought that she humiliated him right there.

She does. She breaks his arm. Haha

#3862 3 years ago

New playfield arrived today!

I’ll look it over this weekend. Maybe this means I can send back my UV kit now so they can send me the right one.

#3863 3 years ago

Sucks you had to get a replacement playfield but glad they sent one. Just going to keep with the game and include in the sale, or are you going to do the swap?

I’d send it to a pro to get better clear coat on it.

#3864 3 years ago

.92 posted. where's barb scoring fix - second to last item in revision history.

my soul can be at peace now.

#3865 3 years ago

I was way off on the new code estimate! Haha

#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was way off on the new code estimate

thats ok though! underpromising and overdelivering is what you do

#3867 3 years ago

Loving the systematic process to these updates. All the minor modes seem to be really fleshed out well.

Great SOP bug fix for TI
Glad there’s multiple Upside down modes now
Using the two center drops as comp for a shot through the middle is smart and welcomed.

Downloading now!

#3868 3 years ago

New code! Woohoo!!!

#3869 3 years ago

I give stern credit as they are killing it on the code for this game. I hope they add a sound effect to the slings

#3870 3 years ago

Yes!!!!
I'm stoked they added a new upside down mode! And happy they fixed where's barb

#3871 3 years ago

Wow...

LE/PRE V0.92.0 - May 21, 2020
=====================

- Fixed a bug where the left ramp diverter was not operating as intended and in consequence prevented the ball to get caught by the magnet.

Just kidding...

#3872 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Wow...
=====================
- Fixed a bug where the left ramp diverter was not operating as intended and in consequence prevented the ball to get caught by the magnet.
Just kidding...

Legit LOL!

#3873 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Wow...
=====================
Just kidding...

I only wish it was that easy. Forgot how stupid easy the left ramp is for lock when there’s no diverter. Balls that are farted up that ramp lock a ball. Haha

#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sucks you had to get a replacement playfield but glad they sent one. Just going to keep with the game and include in the sale, or are you going to do the swap?
I’d send it to a pro to get better clear coat on it.

I’m gonna keep it fresh in case I decide to sell.

The potential for the clear to break in two high traffic areas on opposite sides of the playfield was certainly making me not want to play and was worse knowing I was going to take a bigger hit if I decided to sell.

Zack had my back at Flip N’ Out. Now I’m not worried about the chipping and resale hit when an airball inevitably lands on those bubbles in the clear (probably just out of warranty).

#3875 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I hope they add a sound effect to the slings

keep on hoping.

#3876 3 years ago

Anyone streaming the new code? Would love to see what's been done. Keeping an eye on this one. Pro all day.

#3877 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Keeping an eye on this one. Pro all day.

IMO. The projector alone is worth the upgrade to Premium

#3878 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

IMO. The projector alone is worth the upgrade to Premium

Yeah I’ve seen it in person. Complete waste imo but glad they have the option!

#3879 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone streaming the new code? Would love to see what's been done. Keeping an eye on this one. Pro all day.

I’ll probably stream it at some point Saturday

Follow me here to see when I go live.

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#3880 3 years ago

I played the new upside down with ramp and orbit shots tonight. Love the addition. Feels like a whole new mode.
I love that the spinner moves the lit shot on follow the compass too.
Little code additions add a lot to a game IMO

#3881 3 years ago

Yeah. I was so pumped when the new upside mode came up. Very refreshing as the drops only was getting stale.

I think the ramps and orbits hurry up starts at a higher value too.

#3883 3 years ago

Tried to watch. Can't. These are guys who hit both flippers at the same time, all the time. If I want to watch that, I'll just have my six-year-old granddaughter fire up a game in my basement.

I'll stick to your streams, Erik.

#3884 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Tried to watch. Can't. These are guys who hit both flippers at the same time, all the time. If I want to watch that, I'll just have my six-year-old granddaughter fire up a game in my basement.
I'll stick to your streams, Erik.

Haha. Fair enough. Stumbled on it and noticed they were playing.

#3885 3 years ago

Got barb in one shot and got my 40 mil I have not seen the alternate upside down yet but seems scores are higher. I think the skill shots are worth more now. 5 mil for standard and 10 for super. Def worth going for now as I have been ignoring them.

#3886 3 years ago

Still ignoring them. Make them 20 and 30 million and I’ll play along. Having the ball on a flipper is still more important to me.

I have gotten good at plunging the middle two drops to a ball guide bounce to a trap though. That’s been my go to.

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I think the skill shots are worth more now. 5 mil for standard and 10 for super. Def worth going for now as I have been ignoring them.

Yep. +1M more for each additional

#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Still ignoring them. Make them 20 and 30 million and I’ll play along. Having the ball on a flipper is still more important to me.
I have gotten good at plunging the middle two drops to a ball guide bounce to a trap though. That’s been my go to.

10 million with 2x playfield lit should give you 20 million for that saucer shot.

#3889 3 years ago

Super Skillshot is 10M+ now. Worth going for.

#3890 3 years ago

I am noticing more bugs in the code and my game crashed. TK lock is worse than before???

#3892 3 years ago

Man this game is so amazing. My TK lock works perfect now. The new code really kicks ass and the projector effects are amazing. I'm loving this.

Sorry for contributing nothing except useless gush but man...

#3893 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Man this game is so amazing. My TK lock works perfect now. The new code really kicks ass and the projector effects are amazing. I'm loving this.
Sorry for contributing nothing except useless gush but man...

I agree with you. This game is just awesome. We're playing it a LOT.
I think it will climb in the ratings.

#3894 3 years ago

Ratings dont mean much, I never rate games. All of my friends who come over love this game. They all say the projector is awsome.

#3895 3 years ago

Hey everyone, it appears this game's code is getting better and better (I only played it on initial release). Thoughts on the Pro vs a MET Pro? Not talking ratings on Pinside, but those who own both. Thoughts on flow, gameplay and longevity between the two? Just looking to get some honest pros and cons between em. TIA

#3896 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the shooter rod. I have a NIB pro and unlike all my other new pins, this one is weird. The auto shooter works perfectly with the lockdown bar button. But any attempt to plunge? Nope, the ball wont even come out of the lane. It looks like the shooter rod isn’t long enough, and sits to the right of center but the mechanism looks exactly the same as my other sterns. I did try to slide the playfield over a little as well as changed the bends on the mech, all to no avail. Any thoughts?

#3897 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Hey everyone, it appears this game's code is getting better and better (I only played it on initial release). Thoughts on the Pro vs a MET Pro? Not talking ratings on Pinside, but those who own both. Thoughts on flow, gameplay and longevity between the two? Just looking to get some honest pros and cons between em. TIA

MET is an all-time classic Stern game. That has positives and negatives. A positive is that it has longevity. A negative is that you've probably already played the hell out of it. Stranger Things is a lot of fun. It's also very current, both in theme and being Stern's newest release. Will it continue to have legs over time, who knows? TV show-themed pinball machines don't tend to hold up as time goes by. The Sopranos is one of the biggest tv shows of all time, and yet the game (which is a pretty decent game), gets little love.

#3898 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Go with the theme you like better.

#3899 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the shooter rod. I have a NIB pro and unlike all my other new pins, this one is weird. The auto shooter works perfectly with the lockdown bar button. But any attempt to plunge? Nope, the ball wont even come out of the lane. It looks like the shooter rod isn’t long enough, and sits to the right of center but the mechanism looks exactly the same as my other sterns. I did try to slide the playfield over a little as well as changed the bends on the mech, all to no avail. Any thoughts?

All shooter rods are adjustable. All 4 directions, up/down/left/right. It will take a little time. You can move the shooter rod housing so that the plunger tip touches the exact middle of the ball.
Pay attention to which direction it needs to go right now and then raise the playfield up against your back box. Remove all six balls first. You will find 5 screws on that shooter housing. Two of them are wood screws that you need to remove, the other three machine screws can just be loosened. Slide it into a location where you think it needs to go. Then retighten those 3. Lower the Playfield and check. Once you're happy with where it is re-install the two wood screws. Or you can leave them out. I have left those wood screws out multiple times. They're not as important. As long as you get those three machine screws in nice and tight you should be good to go

#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

People are going to be mad that I wrote this. Oh well.

Previous Metallica premium owner here. Metallica is a very fun game in the beginning that gets old. It's like chopping wood. Keep shooting the same shots over and over and over again.
Guardians of the Galaxy is the same play field but with modern code and it's a mode based game. Way more fun with the same layout.

Having said that. I would go with stranger things. It's a total blast and it has many modes to keep things interesting. Plus it's modern tech.
But get a Premium

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/78?hl=captchaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.