IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 449.
#3801 3 years ago

My kit has them all listed it’s just for clear rubber but you can go in and change the color.

#3802 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

What audio settings are you guys using with your 5.25" speakers? What's the default with the LE?
4 Ohm doesn't sound good

I’ve been saying this for months now, but I’ll say it again... to get the full potential out of those kenwoods you need to install an amp. I’m running two amps one for the backbox and one for the Pyle sub I got in the cab.

#3803 3 years ago

I did some more mods yesterday. I took this video last night while my son played.
So far I've added the UV kit, Titan glow rubbers, Kenwood 5.25" speakers, speakerlightkits RGB lighting, sideart, pinnovators sub out with 12" sub, shaker, stern hd glass, and headphone jack plate.

If any of you are unsure about the Stern UV kit with Titan glow rubbers or upsizing a Premium/Pro to the 5.25" speakers, you're missing out! I highly recommend a sub and shaker too.

For the Titan rubbers anyone got a saved shopping list or something that has all the needed ones listed out?

Quoted from Kharris:

My kit has them all listed it’s just for clear rubber but you can go in and change the color.

Update. Just saw this. Refresh is a wonderful thing.

With diverter disabled I am able to enjoy the game a bit more. As long as I ignore the fact I’ve disabled a feature I paid extra for. .

Hopefully they work it out.

Anyone know the bolt size for the shaker? The ones that go into the tnuts in the cab?

I want to order a bunch (can’t go to Home Depot/Lowe’s in my area).

#3804 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s where my mods stop. I have no interest in Toppers.
I definitely want the Mezel mods arcade sign though. Hopefully those become available soon.

A Starcourt Mall topper or the Mind Flayer would be cool.

#3805 3 years ago

I’d rather buy an EM. Haha

#3806 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Just had this apart myself. here ya go[quoted image]

Thank you for this!

#3807 3 years ago

I've got another "fix" that's helping A LOT with the TK mech. I thought I would share again. YMMV!

I've moved the upper ramp assembly left and forward (towards the flippers) as much as possible, and I've moved the diverter mech right as far as possible.
By loosening the 1/4" nuts/bolts (red arrows) you can slide the mech right (yellow arrow) and tighten back up. You can access the back of these nuts/bolts from behind the backboard. The front access is a little more tricky.
I also followed the stern PDF, but lowered the diverter arm a little more than spec. (1 7/8" off ramp plastic approx)
I'm currently running full power (255) on right flipper.

Honestly the magnet is catching A LOT of the balls from a clean right flipper shot now. Very few rejects!
I'm having way more fun playing this pin now that the mech is working correctly.

20200517_151759 (resized).jpg20200517_151759 (resized).jpg20200517_151824 (resized).jpg20200517_151824 (resized).jpg20200517_151911 (resized).jpg20200517_151911 (resized).jpg
#3808 3 years ago

I just got my premium yesterday NIB. I played with the TK lock for 2 hours today. I couldn't get it to work at all. I haven't seen 1 ball lock on the magnet since I got it yesterday. I turned the diverter off. I guess I will wait for the fix. The last part of the pdf stated to move the ramp forward but there really isn't any give on moving the ramps. We will see what there fix is. Does everyone have this problem? If so, I don't understand how they didn't catch this problem at the factory?

#3809 3 years ago

It’s hard because everyone’s issues are different and some claim to have no issues. My issues didn’t start until I had 50 plays on it or so. And mine works fine for the first 30 mins or so of each session and gets worse when the flippers get tired.

#3810 3 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

The last part of the pdf stated to move the ramp forward but there really isn't any give on moving the ramps.

This is what I believe my issue is also. The lift arm isn't close enough to the wall of the ramp but there is no play when I loosen all the screws and try and move it. I'm not sure wtf they're talking about or what I need to do.

#3811 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is what I believe my issue is also. The lift arm isn't close enough to the wall of the ramp but there is no play when I loosen all the screws and try and move it. I'm not sure wtf they're talking about or what I need to do.

Same observation for me. After removing all screws from the hex posts and the screw from the backplate, there is almost no room to move the ramp forward.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s hard because everyone’s issues are different and some claim to have no issues. My issues didn’t start until I had 50 plays on it or so. And mine works fine for the first 30 mins or so of each session and gets worse when the flippers get tired.

Also same here. All looks fine when I play after powering up the machine, then the reject rate goes up and up the more I play.

#3812 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

They are talking about that one singular screw that is on the backside of the backboard that attaches to the snug plate that will pull the ramp closer to the backboard. Loosen it and it will allow the part of the ramp that runs parallel to the backboard to sit off the backboard more. Remove it completely to really allow the ramp to sit more forward.

#3813 3 years ago

Remove thus screw circled in yellow.

2A087201-3F25-43B0-9C95-0440DAFA6781 (resized).jpeg2A087201-3F25-43B0-9C95-0440DAFA6781 (resized).jpeg

Some of us have also put something like a big washer wrapped in electrical tape between the ramp and the backboard here highlighted in yellow to help hold the ramp forward too.

BEFC5736-0465-465D-A248-5DCCB70BEDBB (resized).jpegBEFC5736-0465-465D-A248-5DCCB70BEDBB (resized).jpeg

#3814 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remove thus screw circled in yellow.
[quoted image]
Some of us have also put something like a big washer wrapped in electrical tape between the ramp and the backboard here highlighted in yellow to help hold the ramp forward too.
[quoted image]

I understand. My ramp does not have any play when I remove this screw. That is my point. Maybe I need to wedge something in there?

#3815 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I understand. My ramp does not have any play when I remove this screw. That is my point. Maybe I need to wedge something in there?

Are you loosening up all of the screws including the 2 at the ramp entrance? Those 2 are absolutely the limiting factor on how much you can move the ramp forward. You’re only going to get about 1 mm or so.

#3816 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Agree with junky. Loosen all the screws that hold the ramp in place. Push towards the player and re tighten. Should be able to get it off the backboard like Stern suggests. Eddy says the more you can push it forward the better.

#3817 3 years ago

So...my kid really wants us to get a Stranger Things, and he rarely has any opinion on machines. That said, if I want to take the plunge, does anybody know if it's beneficial to look for one particular run of the games over others in terms of all the issues (particularly the TK lock mech)? Has Stern made any improvements or tweeks in the later run Premiums? Should I wait until they ramp up production again and see what they implement? Were LEs better off? Anything make a difference that anyone has noticed?

#3818 3 years ago

If you’re concerned about the TK magnet lock working right, it’s valid. I say wait and see what happens. I know they’ve done stuff to address the demo ramp so that seems better, and some say they don’t have issues with the TK lock, but seems like to me from a TK lock standpoint, it’s more bad than not at the moment and Stern hasn’t changed anything with that yet.

#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree with junky. Loosen all the screws that hold the ramp in place. Push towards the player and re tighten. Should be able to get it off the backboard like Stern suggests. Eddy says the more you can push it forward the better.

I did do this I believe but I'll try again.

#3820 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Eddy says the more you can push it forward the better.

Wish he said this to someone before they built these. It isn’t easy to do this at this point.

#3821 3 years ago

Yeah. Definitely not the best designed mech. Haha. It appears they are working to improve it. Let’s hope they come up with something.

#3822 3 years ago

Ok tried again. You definitely can't pull it away without drilling new holes for the ramp flap. I left the back screw out and pushed both ramps as far forward as possie and tightened the screws againbut left the back one out. I realigned the mech again and it still is shit.
I'm giving up for real. I know how to repair games. This is just a horrible design.

They probably don't test it at the factory cause the playfield would be completely dimpled by the time they got it adjusted.

Quoted from gambit3113:

So...my kid really wants us to get a Stranger Things, and he rarely has any opinion on machines. That said, if I want to take the plunge, does anybody know if it's beneficial to look for one particular run of the games over others in terms of all the issues (particularly the TK lock mech)? Has Stern made any improvements or tweeks in the later run Premiums? Should I wait until they ramp up production again and see what they implement? Were LEs better off? Anything make a difference that anyone has noticed?

I wouldnt get one. Buy something else. The lock mech is complete shit and a main feature of the game broken out if the box.

#3823 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are talking about that one singular screw that is on the backside of the backboard that attaches to the snug plate that will pull the ramp closer to the backboard. Loosen it and it will allow the part of the ramp that runs parallel to the backboard to sit off the backboard more. Remove it completely to really allow the ramp to sit more forward.

I'll walk on eggshells because I know how pissed I'd be if I had an LE or Premium with the TK lock issues. But, if you dig the theme and the layout, consider a Pro. For me, the theme is my favorite in years (except for The Beatles, but they really mucked that one up...but I'll leave that discussion alone for now), so I had to have the game in one form or another.

#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think Stranger Things is a great pinball game! I can't say that my TK lock or Demo shot is 100%, probably 50% on the TK lock and much less on the Demo, but it's still a great game for theme immersion. I'm not sure if the flippers tire, or if I tire, but I suspect that it's probably me. I'll figure out how to dial in the best settings eventually, but it's 1 of only 2 games (IM is the other) getting any play in my 9 game collection right now.

#3825 3 years ago

I’ve read a few people say that the flippers tire out. I don’t want to read back through a thousand posts Has anyone done the LOTR coil upgrade on this one yet?

#3826 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I realize I'm not answering your specific questions but maybe this will help.
My $.02.
It really is a great game! The theme immersion is awesome. Fantastic lighting. Fantastic audio. Fun modes. Decent amount of variety. UV is unique and super cool. The projector is bad ass. The classic Eddy layout is tried and true. Shots are satisfying. It plays pretty fast and can be punishing at times, which is a plus in my book. Easy games bore me quickly.
Stranger Things Premium is as huge hit at my house. My girlfriend, my 12 y/o son, my neighbors, we ALL love it. We keep pressing start! It's awesome.

Negatives.
The TK mech is VERY frustrating at times. I've spent a lot of time trying to make it consistent. It's the best I've seen it now though.
The playfield dimples REALY fast. It's bad.

So if your son rarely has opinions on pins and he really wants this one, and you really like the look and the theme, then you should buy one. Just know you may have issues with the lock. Hopefully stern will have a solid solution soon.
I highly doubt you'll regret it.

#3827 3 years ago

Stranger Things Premium is as huge hit at my house. My girlfriend, my 12 y/o son, my neighbors, we ALL love it. We keep pressing start! It's awesome.

Now you see how fast plays rack up

#3828 3 years ago

So my TK lock has been around 70-80% Success rate.

I recently had 6 pinball buddies over to the house. They all were complaining about the lock. Said i should just disable it.

My comment is "Really its getting that bad?"

I preceded to step it for my ball and locked 3 straight balls. On mine it just takes a clean shot. Cant expect a shakey ramp shot to lock.

But ive thought about disabling. Personally id feel like i was cheating.

#3829 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

But ive thought about disabling. Personally id feel like i was cheating.

Why do you feel like it’s cheating? Is not having the hyper loop on SW cheating? Or lower PF on AC/DC or Upper on GOT?

No way Eddy designed it to brick back down the middle from anything but the most perfect shot. Play it however you like!

#3830 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Why do you feel like it’s cheating? Is not having the hyper loop on SW cheating? Or lower PF on AC/DC or Upper on GOT?
No way Eddy designed it to brick back down the middle from anything but the most perfect shot. Play it however you like!

I own a SW Premium and i would think thats cheating too. Maybe Cheating is a bad word for it.

How about "Incomparable"

#3831 3 years ago

Eddy seems like he is going to put compensation for the 2x and 3x playfield if you have the diverter disabled, so that will be good so we’re not missing out.

Mines going to stay disabled for now. MET hammer 2.0 is what I’ll start calling this. Haha

#3832 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Eddy seems like he is going to put compensation for the 2x and 3x playfield if you have the diverter disabled, so that will be good so we’re not missing out.
Mines going to stay disabled for now. MET hammer 2.0 is what I’ll start calling this. Haha

How is 3x activated? I have a pro and it only gives 2x but I was jus wondering how you start 3x on the premium.

#3833 3 years ago

This has probably already been covered, if so i missed it. Joined the club a few days ago. all Demo shots are low, so i need to either take some height out (changing #20 spacers as shown) of it or tilt it forward with washers at the back screws.

Looks simple enough to take the 2 bolts out to remove the mech. Is there enough play in the wires for opto/light to make changes there, or do those need to be disconnected/removed as well?

And from anyone who has done this, did you have better luck changing the height or tilting forward?

Thanks in advance.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3834 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

How is 3x activated? I have a pro and it only gives 2x but I was jus wondering how you start 3x on the premium.

Gots to have premium to get 3x. Lock one ball on the magnet for 2x. While that timer is running, lock another ball on the magnet.

#3835 3 years ago
Quoted from crussell:

This has probably already been covered, if so i missed it. Joined the club a few days ago. all Demo shots are low, so i need to either take some height out (changing #20 spacers as shown) of it or tilt it forward with washers at the back screws.
Looks simple enough to take the 2 bolts out to remove the mech. Is there enough play in the wires for opto/light to make changes there, or do those need to be disconnected/removed as well?
And from anyone who has done this, did you have better luck changing the height or tilting forward?
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Tilting forward is by far the best adjustment. There’s a connector under the playfield so easy to disconnect that to remove the mech.

#3836 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Met hammer works fine after "adjustment" ... just gotta get some wire, connectors and punchdown tool, make a couple connections and run a custom harness back to the head. Too bad the STH fix isn't as "easy"

Hoping Stern starts to see the value in more location testing soon...

#3837 3 years ago

So I finally got it adjusted. I started over again but I adjusted the ramp as far from the wall as I could. Then I used a ruler to set the height and distance from the wall. Finally I put a coat of wax on the diverter arm. I played 5 games and it has worked 100% of the time now with a solid shot. Fingers crossed it stays working!! I'm so pumped.

#3838 3 years ago

Stranger-Things-Side-Armor (resized).jpgStranger-Things-Side-Armor (resized).jpg

at LsoH

#3839 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So I finally got it adjusted. I started over again but I adjusted the ramp as far from the wall as I could. Then I used a ruler to set the height and distance from the wall. Finally I put a coat of wax on the diverter arm. I played 5 games and it has worked 100% of the time now with a solid shot. Fingers crossed it stays working!! I'm so pumped.

Awesome! I was beginning to wonder why yours was so bad.

#3840 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]
at LsoH

Have my preorder in. Can’t wait for them. And the art blades as well.

#3841 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awesome! I was beginning to wonder why yours was so bad.

I think it's because you have to move the ramp out first. So I took the flat screws out completely as well as all the screws on the post for both ramps on the left side. Then I pushed it forward as far as I could and reinstalled the flat screws. Then I installed the other screws while holding it tight. Then I adjusted the mechanism.

#3842 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think it's because you have to move the ramp out first. So I took the flat screws out completely as well as all the screws on the post for both ramps on the left side. Then I pushed it forward as far as I could and reinstalled the flat screws. Then I installed the other screws while holding it tight. Then I adjusted the mechanism.

Right on. When I was adjusting mine I do remember that the ramp was already pulled out like they said in the instructions. But my diverter measurements were way off.

#3843 3 years ago

Can anyone show a picture of all the screws that were removed to pull the ramp forward and also a picture of what it looks like afterward. That would be appreciated. I got my machine on Saturday and havent seen one TK lock.

#3844 3 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Can anyone show a picture of all the screws that were removed to pull the ramp forward and also a picture of what it looks like afterward. That would be appreciated. I got my machine on Saturday and havent seen one TK lock.

It's such a micro adjustment like 1/16" forward that you wouldn't see it in a picture. You need to remove the screw behind the backboard that holds the ramp and throw it away. Then you need to loosen every screw that screws into a hex post on both ramps on the left side. You will also need to remove the two screws holding the left ramp flap down. Then pull out the ramp by where the lift mechanism is and then tighten the screws on the hex posts down again while holding it. Then tighten the flap screws. After all this is done. Follow the Stern directions for adjusting the diverter arm for proper clearances using a small ruler or machinist scale.
Throw some wax on the it when you're done and you should be in business.

#3845 3 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

You'll see the 3 screws that are holding the ramp in place on top of the hex standoffs and the 2 screws at the ramp entrance. Look at the stern pdf too. It shows where the rear screw is. Follow the pdf instructions for the measurements on the diverter.
You're only moving the ramp forward a mm or so, so a picture isn't going to show the "afterward".
Also, drink some beers and swear at the machine. It helps!

#3846 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What fixed my demo shot for good was taking the whole mech out and loosening the screws for the rubber washers that allow the demo head to give. This allowed the head to give more when the ball hits it.
I also added a couple washers to the treaded posts that go through the playfield and hold the backside of the demo bracket down so that the bracket can not lean back as far.

Do you think adding the washers made a big difference?

That’s adding the washers to the two posts underneath the PF right?

Does adding the washers tighten it up? I can’t figure out how it keeps the bracket from leaning back as far and thus tilting the mech forward.

I’m still getting more low hits as the game wears on

Thx!

#3847 3 years ago

Think of it this way. You’re tightening the nuts under the playfield effectively pulling the threaded posts through the playfield more. These posts are on the back of the bracket that holds up the demo. The more those posts are pulled down the more it leans back. Adding washers reduces the amount you can do this and still have it tightened down. You could also add washers on the top side as well. That would help it lean forward more.

But what really helped me was probably the loosening of the screws in the rubber washers that allow the demo head to sway back and forth. It was too stiff before.

#3848 3 years ago

Got it. And you are talking about loosening the “10” screws in the diagram above right?

Thanks Erik

#3850 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I own a SW Premium and i would think thats cheating too. Maybe Cheating is a bad word for it.
How about "Incomparable"

I agree, not having the Hyperloop on SW is cheating...The Pro shot is so much easier than the Prem, it's not even the same game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.