IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 448.
#3751 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You won't love it as much once that bitch Barb plays her indian-giver routine a few times, stealing 40 mill from you each time. I used to be sympathetic to her character, now when she gets pulled into the pool, I cheer.

Hahahaha!

#3752 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I owned WOZ in the past and I have a STH pro. STH is a bit more brutal when you miss a shot but once you get them down it has lots of flow. JJ games feel a lot different then Stern. WOZ is more of stop and go with the two upper playfields. I can’t comment on the STH LE or premium models but the pro shoots pretty smooth and fast. If you’re a fan of the show that always helps you get drawn into the theme. These two games to me feel completely different to each other...but that can be a good thing if you have a few pins and it sounds like you will.

Thanks I really would like to get STH as that’s one of the only shows we watched as a family that everyone was into .I am picking number 2 and I see you have EHOH n IMLOB in you collection how would you rate those as they are on my shortlist .

#3753 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why on earth would you do this? It can be completely disabled in the menus.

I would do this because even just the metal bar being there knocks the ball back down the ramp sometimes.

It’s not like it couldn’t be put back on.

I’m not breaking it or anything.

#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Your question is welcome. Heck, that Is what Pinside is really about. I just received my Stranger Things Premium and I couldn’t be more happy. I highly recommend the UV kit. It’s extra, but fits the game perfectly.
I’ve owned a lot of games over the last 10 years. This game has the feel of MM / AFM (layout and rules) with the technology and innovation of a modern Stern (color changing leds, projector, lcd screen and coding). I’m quite happy in my first week of ownership. Only one of my 4 sons plays pinball, this is the first game my other sons have said is “really cool” in years. Best of luck in your game hunt.

And thanks Novus I’m trying to balance what I want with keeping family happy .They all play WOZ I just think if I get a Metallica or IM (which I want 1 of those) that they will turn off .Im so happy w new hobby (can’t believe I’ve been missing out) I would like the kids to stay with it .After all the young ones will decide future of this wonderful sport and where it goes !

#3755 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Delete the folder. Your usb should only have the two files.

Got it! Thanks all you have to do is remove the files out of the folder and it works. Thanks!

#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I would do this because even just the metal bar being there knocks the ball back down the ramp sometimes.
It’s not like it couldn’t be put back on.
I’m not breaking it or anything.

It’s your game, but I would test it with the diverter simply disabled first. It will take quite a while to physically remove it from the game.

#3757 3 years ago

If you pass the ball from left to right flipper there is no need to backhand that shot.

#3758 3 years ago

Anybody else getting game lock ups and restarts after 0.90 has been installed?
Usually during the start of modes for me.

#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

If you pass the ball from left to right flipper there is no need to backhand that shot.

People want to be able to bank hand the left ramp.

Quoted from spikedbat:

I haven’t seen any, but some have reported that if an autolaunched ball shoots into the extra ball lane while extra ball was lit, they get a reset.

#3760 3 years ago

I can backhand the left ramp, even from a trap with the ball stopped. It doesn’t have enough speed to make the Telekinesis Lock, but that can be made easily enough from the right flipper.

I’m not saying it’s easy, but let’s compare it to something like Deadpool. I have a Deadpool pro. Being an average to below average player, I rarely have a game where I can lock three balls in the Katana. I love (and own) that game, but it’s a brick fest for me compared to Stranger Things.

#3761 3 years ago

Premium/Le owners. Do me a favor if you can.
Please take a minute to check your playfield pitch with a digital level and post here. Please check 2 locations. Both down by the flippers and up on the purple demogorgon inserts. I'm asking for both because there's always a difference between the 2.
Also please post your flipper power settings, and if you're consistently locking balls on the TK magnet or consistently getting rejects.
I would appreciate it.
Nick

#3762 3 years ago

Man-- Monster Hunting is so easy to complete, while a mode like Operation Mirkwood is absolutely impossible (at least for me). That mode is all ramp shots and each one moves the progress bar about a millimeter. I want to take the glass off, start that mode, and throw balls up the ramps. I don't even know if you could complete that mode doing that.

#3763 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Man-- Monster Hunting is so easy to complete, while a mode like Operation Mirkwood is absolutely impossible (at least for me). That mode is all ramp shots and each one moves the progress bar about a millimeter. I want to take the glass off, start that mode, and throw balls up the ramps. I don't even know if you could complete that mode doing that.

I’ve done it. 10 ramps if I remember correctly.

#3764 3 years ago

I completed save will last night for the first time in consecutive shots. It was worth like 70 mil for that mode. First time I think I ever completed it too let alone combo'd every shot.

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

It's happened 3 times for me now on 0.90. All 3 times were when the ball went into the extra ball / mystery lane.

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

It's happened 3 times for me now on 0.90. All 3 times were when the ball went into the extra ball / mystery lane.

same here

#3767 3 years ago

Hi, here is an another projector for the ambient lights at home, now i can feel more the upside down
2B8C145F-DA89-4495-A110-D8199F53BA75 (resized).jpeg2B8C145F-DA89-4495-A110-D8199F53BA75 (resized).jpeg32400CD1-C9ED-49AC-B0A7-C60E5DD3B257 (resized).jpeg32400CD1-C9ED-49AC-B0A7-C60E5DD3B257 (resized).jpeg

#3768 3 years ago

+1, it happened 3 times up to now, ball enters mystery lane/mode start, freeze then reset.

#3769 3 years ago

I’ve had extra balls turned off. Maybe that’s why I haven’t seen it. Is it only after an auto launch?

#3770 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve had extra balls turned off. Maybe that’s why I haven’t seen it. Is it only after an auto launch?

Not on my pin. The first 2 were from an auto-launch into the lit extra ball lane. The third time was from a flipper into the un-lit extra ball lane.

#3771 3 years ago

Any more info? I’d try and get as detailed as possible and email the bug report email for stern.

Also, 2x and 3x playfield is not possible during TK MB if you disable the diverter. Just tested. You can get a double and triple jackpot, but that’s it. So most you can get from a super this way is 12 million. With the diverter enabled you can get 36 million.

#3772 3 years ago

Gotcha! That’s if the diverter works . Good to know and maybe Stern can code a work around.

#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Gotcha! That’s if the diverter works . Good to know and maybe Stern can code a work around.

Or just fix the diverter lock. I’ll take that instead. I think on the newest code pros can do 2x playfield but not 3x.

#3774 3 years ago

Stern fix the diverter lock? Hell yeah! So theoretically, if you get 2x PF from burn back loop and then 3x from TK locking, you can get 72mil?

#3775 3 years ago

Base value SJP is 6MM

3x from the magnet times 2x from burn it back. 36 million max. It used to be able to be doubled again via a combo shot, but they took that away in the last update. I hope that comes back. They took away doubling the jackpots via combos too.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any more info? I’d try and get as detailed as possible and email the bug report email for stern.

Yes. Agreed. I did that the other day.

#3777 3 years ago

Anybody know what this actually adjusts? Obviously this is not an electric magnet so it's not adjusting power for the magnet. I can't tell the difference in strength of the diverter or the magnet mechanism or the up post.

20200515_161915 (resized).jpg20200515_161915 (resized).jpg
#3778 3 years ago

Anybody know what this actually adjusts? Obviously this is not an electric magnet so it's not adjusting power for the magnet. I can't tell the difference in strength of the diverter or the magnet mechanism or the up post.
[quoted image]

Not sure. I’ve wondered the same thing. I can’t see any changes in the mech even if I go to the lowest setting compared to the highest one. I though it was the coil strength for the diverter but doesn’t seem to do anything.

In other news just put up over 500mm with EBs turned off.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/622324096

#3779 3 years ago

Ok - so I made some significant progress with the TK lock this morning.

I figured out what I was doing wrong when I configured it.

You MUST operate it using the plunger in the the back and not by just using your fingers in the front. There is too much play in the mech to adjust it by moving it from the lift rail itself vs the plunger.

I have my mech working at ~70% now whereas before it was like 20% at best. Also, I didn't use the caliper or ruler to adjust it this time. I put the ball on it with the playfield lifted out of the game on the left side so I could make micro adjustments to the mech till the ball rolled smoothly on the lift rail with the plunger pulled in with my other hand.

The only issue I still am working on which I think will get the mech to 90% plus is the bottom of the lift rail is just too far from the edge of the ramp.

You can see in the picture that the gap is almost at the mid point of the ball vs being lower. I think this is causing just a little too much friction with a slower moving ball. I think if that bar is moved over about a mm it would significantly improve the mech even more.

output (resized).jpgoutput (resized).jpg
#3780 3 years ago

I’ve told lots of people, if you haven’t followed the stern pdf exactly you’re still going to have lots of issues. The most common one being that the diverter arm isn’t adjusted properly as well as double checking that when you adjust that it’s not coming out of alignment. I had to use loc tite on mine.

And yes it’s very important to use the plunger of the mech to adjust the diverter arm as the arm itself has some give in it and you can get a precise measurement unless you use the plunger to move the arm.

Make sure the ramp is pushed forward towards the player as much as possible. See if you can get the diverter arm in the middle of the cutout in the ramp like this. I did this with two adjustments. Taking the screw out of the snug plate that screws into the backboard as well as loosens the screws that hold the back half of the ramp to the hex posts, pull forward towards the player and re tighten.

Some have even stuck a thick washer wrapped in electrical tape between the backboard and the ramp, right below 11s face to help push the ramp away from the backboard.

After you’ve done all this you should be at about 95 plus success rate until the game gets tired. Then you’re at 50-60%. The cover is the remaining issue.
1522DC6F-4FF4-44D3-99D9-48D5BFCBE857 (resized).jpeg1522DC6F-4FF4-44D3-99D9-48D5BFCBE857 (resized).jpeg

#3781 3 years ago

Funny how we're all the F-ing guinea pigs trying to solve the problems on this POS mech that should never have been released like this. Stern should have figured this out a year ago when they were still testing BEFORE it was released.

Stern if you follow this thread... FIX THIS

#3782 3 years ago

Brian’s working on it. I agree though. I just communicated it to them a bit differently. Haha

#3783 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In other news just put up over 500mm with EBs turned off.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/622324096

Nicely done!
I was playing last night with the diverter disabled and consistently had high scoring games

#3784 3 years ago

Nicely done!
I was playing last night with the diverter disabled and consistently had high scoring games

Me too but I think it’s just cause I’m not worried about it the whole time.

I also requested from stern compensation for the 2x and 3x playfield while the diverter is disabled.

Unfortunately this could go the way of the MET hammer and 75% of them you come across are disabled.

Also found and reported a bug in total isolation where if you get spell of protection during it it won’t light or give you the ball back if you drain on the outlane. But when TI is over it lights up and works fine.

#3785 3 years ago

I did some more mods yesterday. I took this video last night while my son played.
So far I've added the UV kit, Titan glow rubbers, Kenwood 5.25" speakers, speakerlightkits RGB lighting, sideart, pinnovators sub out with 12" sub, shaker, stern hd glass, and headphone jack plate.

If any of you are unsure about the Stern UV kit with Titan glow rubbers or upsizing a Premium/Pro to the 5.25" speakers, you're missing out! I highly recommend a sub and shaker too.

#3786 3 years ago

Sounds like you got the same setup as me! Yeah all those items you added are a must imo.

#3787 3 years ago

Now we just need a 4-600 dollar underwhelming topper!

#3788 3 years ago

Now we just need a 4-600 dollar underwhelming topper!

That’s where my mods stop. I have no interest in Toppers.

I definitely want the Mezel mods arcade sign though. Hopefully those become available soon.

#3789 3 years ago

What audio settings are you guys using with your 5.25" speakers? What's the default with the LE?
4 Ohm doesn't sound good

#3790 3 years ago

Hi,
Where did you find these glow rubbers please ?

I did some more mods yesterday. I took this video last night while my son played.
So far I've added the UV kit, Titan glow rubbers, Kenwood 5.25" speakers, speakerlightkits RGB lighting, sideart, pinnovators sub out with 12" sub, shaker, stern hd glass, and headphone jack plate.

If any of you are unsure about the Stern UV kit with Titan glow rubbers or upsizing a Premium/Pro to the 5.25" speakers, you're missing out! I highly recommend a sub and shaker too.

#3791 3 years ago

Same

8 ohms is definitely better

What audio settings are you guys using with your 5.25" speakers? What's the default with the LE?
4 Ohm doesn't sound good

#3792 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Hi,
Where did you find these glow rubbers please ?

Titan pinball. Glow in the dark silicone. There’s even a custom kit on there for stranger things.

#3793 3 years ago

On LEs is the default for the backbox speakers 4 ohm? The Kenwood 5.25" speakers are 4 ohm but sound louder and less muffled at the 8 ohm setting. Also, are you guys using the 10 band EQ? What about the fader?
Also, are the LE boards in the head identical to the others? I'm curious if they're driving the bigger speakers with the same amplification as the 4" ones. I'm assuming yes.

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan pinball. Glow in the dark silicone. There’s even a custom kit on there for stranger things.

Btw, the custom kit and even my manual is missing one rubber. I don't recall the size off the top of my head. One of the kits out of the 3 on titans site does have it listed

#3795 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Btw, the custom kit and even my manual is missing one rubber. I don't recall the size off the top of my head. One of the kits out of the 3 on titans site does have it listed

3/16 id

#3796 3 years ago

You only need to be concerned with the rubbers from the side demo dog targets down. It has all those.

#3797 3 years ago

On LEs is the default for the backbox speakers 4 ohm? The Kenwood 5.25" speakers are 4 ohm but sound louder and less muffled at the 8 ohm setting. Also, are you guys using the 10 band EQ? What about the fader?
Also, are the LE boards in the head identical to the others? I'm curious if they're driving the bigger speakers with the same amplification as the 4" ones. I'm assuming yes.

LE is 8 ohm default. Here’s a pic of the LE main board.

EE69B428-9942-43BB-944D-B3200A9D990A (resized).jpegEE69B428-9942-43BB-944D-B3200A9D990A (resized).jpeg
#3798 3 years ago

Correct. This one

20200516_154723 (resized).jpg20200516_154723 (resized).jpg
#3799 3 years ago

Fair enough. I did not replace that one. Good call.

#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

LE is 8 ohm default. Here’s a pic of the LE main board. [quoted image]

Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.