StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 444.
#3701 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Honest question..why fight disabling the lock mech? .

Me personally, I really like the lock mech when it's working correctly. I think it's super unique. I don't believe a physical ball lock with 3 balls hanging in the air has been done before.
I do agree that it would be better if you could backhand it from a cradle

#3702 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does this happen with the cover off? Not sure how it can be the timing of the diverter when others don’t have this issue.
Have you taken out the screw that holds the snug plate to the backboard? This lets the back of the ramp sit away from the backboard. Also have you messed with the rubber stopper post on the diverter mech that allows you to adjust where the diverter sits at rest? I would also try dialing back your flipper power especially if it’s at full power. Try 235-240
I thought the ramp on TWD prem was a pain. This takes the cake for sure. Haha

- cover off, the ball is too fast... first shot almost miss the magnet (but it get caught most of the time) but then any other one the ball bounce back on the already locked ball and not stay there, and being sent back to the left ramp. So without the cover, even if the diverter is "slow" to engage, it is not preventing teh ball to get to the magnet
- I have removed the screw that hold the ramp, but with a slo mo video I Can see the ramp wobbling when the ball is coming, so I dont think it's a good solution to ensure stability to go up the diverter
- I have not tune the rubber stopper, only the 4 screws that allows to change the diverter position when closed. I tried the Stern recommendations (13/16) but also the tight position where the ball can travel through it but not much more. No real improvement there
- Dialing back the right flipper power and I Can see the ball is entering slower, but does not go up to the magnet either. It is stopping before and gets back to the left ramp the same way

#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Honest question..why fight disabling the lock mech?
1.) Because I paid for an extra feature and I want it
2.) It makes for a better experience
3.) Some other rationale
The Pro plays great without it and I seriously doubt Eddy designed the Prem/LE to be “harder.” Probably just wanted to put another gimmick in. Personally I like being able to backhand the left ramp and adds a lot to gameplay.

Unless the disabled mech compensates for the 2x3x scoring in MB (I don’t think it does), I’m leaning it on.

It’s awesome when it works.

#3704 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless the disabled mech compensates for the 2x3x scoring in MB (I don’t think it does), I’m leaning it on.
It’s awesome when it works.

If you leave the up post on it does score 2x and 3x..

#3705 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

- cover off, the ball is too fast... first shot almost miss the magnet (but it get caught most of the time) but then any other one the ball bounce back on the already locked ball and not stay there, and being sent back to the left ramp. So without the cover, even if the diverter is "slow" to engage, it is not preventing teh ball to get to the magnet

Thanks I think this confirms the timing is okay on the diverter. If it was the timing you’d still have the ball getting pinched and sent back down the ramp.

Hopefully stern finds a fix for everyone soon.

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

If you leave the up post on it does score 2x and 3x..

It didn’t in previous revisions. I’ll test.

#3707 3 years ago

Today I've had 2 complete system restarts.
Both times it happened immediately after I had a ball save and the auto plunger shot the ball into the lit extra ball lane. The graffic on the display started the extra ball animation and then froze. It restarted on it's own. Today is the first I've seen this. Since both times this happened at exactly the same moment I'm assuming it's a code issue and not anything loose. I've checked all wired connections.
Anyone else see this bug?

#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Anyone else see this bug

yep, i've seen it once under this circumstance and one other reset but cant remember the setup. definitely a software thing. game probably tried to divide by zero and barfed.

#3709 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

yep, i've seen it once under this circumstance and one other reset but cant remember the setup. definitely a software thing. game probably tried to divide by zero and barfed.

Ok thanks

#3710 3 years ago

EDIT from my earlier post. My TK lock plastic cover trick did NOT fix it completely. Its definitely better but it's acting up again. God damn this TK lock is a finicky pain in the ass!

#3711 3 years ago

Today I've had 2 complete system restarts.
Both times it happened immediately after I had a ball save and the auto plunger shot the ball into the lit extra ball lane. The graffic on the display started the extra ball animation and then froze. It restarted on it's own. Today is the first I've seen this. Since both times this happened at exactly the same moment I'm assuming it's a code issue and not anything loose. I've checked all wired connections.
Anyone else see this bug?

Yep, I had 1 similar restart too

#3712 3 years ago

EDIT from my earlier post. My TK lock plastic cover trick did NOT fix it completely. Its definitely better but it's acting up again. God damn this TK lock is a finicky pain in the ass!

It’s a complete piece of shit design. What it comes down to is they tried to find the cheapest path possible on this mech and it shows. Turn it off and save your time

#3713 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Yep, I had 1 similar restart too

Thank you

#3714 3 years ago

dag nabbit - had my first 40M where's barb tease tonight.... not cool.

#3715 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Just purchased an Le from Frankmac. Good dude by the way! I'm considering installing the PinStadium Light kit for UV lighting over the Stern offering. Good idea, or not?
Thanks,
Zamp

I have the pinstadium lights and love them. I went with the combo not just the uv and really like how well it works!!

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But if you backhand the ramp and the ball tries to go up a secondary ramp at a reduced speed due to a backhand shot, how could that ever make the magnet?

So the left ramp shot gets taken away from left flipper when lock is lit - I don't like that. Well, we're talking premium model here because it would be moot on a pro since that TK lock doesn't exist. I am a sucker for physical ball locks in games, especially cool ones like Shadow and Metallica (Premium).

I've love to try this game out still. I'm waiting for Boob to invite me over in his private jet.

Rob

#3717 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

It’s a complete piece of shit design. What it comes down to is they tried to find the cheapest path possible on this mech and it shows. Turn it off and save your time

Thank You.

#3718 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

This mech is complete and utter trash. I have to agree with you. I just spent an hour fine tuning the mechanism via the instructions from Stern with a machinist scale to ensure everything is within exact tolerances. Still works 50% of the time. So frustrating they'd let the game out the door like this.

#3719 3 years ago

Re-did the DANGER sign on the left ball return in 3D to eliminate all the visible screws. The "DANGER" lettering is angled towards the player, also. The mounting is similar to the Iron Maiden 3D Anubis I did where it's all hidden to clean up the top and get rid of 3 giant screws ruining the look. Working on the one for the right side now, too. I'll sell them as a set with the mounting hardware and tool to install them.
ST-DANGER-Hidden Mount-sml (resized).jpgST-DANGER-Hidden Mount-sml (resized).jpg

Also have a gradient red to orange lens bracket made for the "Burn it Back" insert. When I settle on a final color for the 2x insert, I'll have all 3 up in the pinmonk store as a set.
After-sml (resized).jpgAfter-sml (resized).jpg

#3720 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

.. I just spent an hour fine tuning the mechanism....

I'm not proud to say I've spent WAY too many hours fine tuning, adjusting, testing and re-testing this POS lock mech.
I am 100% sure that raising up/moving the plastic cover and bending up the angled metal hood has helped, but it's still inconsistent. Grrrrrrr

However, I still really love this game though. I keep pressing start! I actually bought STH only 14 days after I recieved my Medieval Royal and I've barely touched Medieval since. That's saying a lot I think

#3721 3 years ago

I'm not proud to say I've spent WAY too many hours fine tuning, adjusting, testing and re-testing this POS lock mech.
I am 100% sure that raising up/moving the plastic cover and bending up the angled metal hood has helped, but it's still inconsistent. Grrrrrrr
However, I still really love this game though. I keep pressing start! I actually bought STH only 14 days after I recieved my Medieval Royal and I've barely touched Medieval since. That's saying a lot I think

Well, the shot maps are almost identical, so that's not a huge surprise.

#3722 3 years ago

My tilt graphics order arrived, sideblades and a cup holder

20200511_205449 (resized).jpg20200511_205449 (resized).jpg20200511_210052 (resized).jpg20200511_210052 (resized).jpg20200511_205541 (resized).jpg20200511_205541 (resized).jpg20200511_205644 (resized).jpg20200511_205644 (resized).jpg
#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

My tilt graphics order arrived, sideblades and a cup holder
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The woods art blades look pretty good. I wish they did something with UV-reactive inks, though. Not much of a difference...

#3724 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, the shot maps are almost identical, so that's not a huge surprise.

Yes. Even though I know the playfields are very similar in design they feel drastically different to play. STH is WAY more challenging and feels much deeper. Tighter shots. More difficult ramps, etc. I definitely prefer mode based games.

#3726 3 years ago

I have had my shooter rod preordered since February. Any word on when this will be available? thanks

#3727 3 years ago

So I am still having problems updating my game using my I-mac. I've downloaded the Pro version from Stern's website and then copied the file to my USB Fat32 formatted drive and when I put into my game it doesn't recognize it's even plug in to update. Anyone else have problems with Mac?

#3728 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

So I am still having problems updating my game using my I-mac. I've downloaded the Pro version from Stern's website and then copied the file to my USB Fat32 formatted drive and when I put into my game it doesn't recognize it's even plug in to update. Anyone else have problems with Mac?

I have not had a problem using the mac. Are your files unzipped?

#3729 3 years ago

so .. .i had had issues hitting the ramps, as well as getting the TK lock when i did manage to hit the left ramp. Today i increased the pitch about .5, and it seems like a completely different game. I can hit the ramps no problem, and while i do get some (few) kickbacks from the TK lock, i was able to get TK multiball in back to back games, when before this I had only gotten maybe a handful out of ~200 games. I hope this int just a fluke.

#3730 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

You can't just copy the zip file you download. You have to take the files OUT of the archive you downloaded and then put THOSE in the root of the USB.

#3731 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Today i increased the pitch about .5, and it seems like a completely different game.

Do you know what pitch you're at now?

#3732 3 years ago

Do you know what pitch you're at now?

about 6.75

#3733 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can't just copy the zip file you download. You have to take the files OUT of the archive you downloaded and then put THOSE in the root of the USB.

Like this? Just take the exec file out of the folder?

39F6AED8-1D56-43C1-A8A2-AD97FC4D5F76 (resized).jpeg39F6AED8-1D56-43C1-A8A2-AD97FC4D5F76 (resized).jpeg
#3734 3 years ago

Delete the folder. Your usb should only have the two files.

#3735 3 years ago

Shooter rods ready to ship few different colors offered. All are made to show 11 on die.

Hookedonpinball.com

20200413_124809 (resized).jpg20200413_124809 (resized).jpg
#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

[quoted image]

You want the two files on the left in that picture in the root directory of the USB drive.

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This mech is complete and utter trash. I have to agree with you. I just spent an hour fine tuning the mechanism via the instructions from Stern with a machinist scale to ensure everything is within exact tolerances. Still works 50% of the time. So frustrating they'd let the game out the door like this.

I agree. I too have given up on the mech. It’s just not worth it.

Once my replacement playfield, and replacement UV kit arrives I’m probably selling or trading the whole bundle.

I honestly try to have fun with this game and the code updates get better and better but all the problems I’ve had and continue to have just mar the overall experience.

I have AFMLE and MMRRE and the difference in quality, playability, and ease of setup are night and day.

#3738 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Shooter rods ready to ship few different colors offered. All are made to show 11 on die.
Hookedonpinball.com
[quoted image]

This is really cool. How much?

#3739 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

[quoted image]

I made a video showing how to download, copy, and install the software updates:

Minute 4:30 in the video.

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Once my replacement playfield, and replacement UV kit arrives I’m probably selling or trading the whole bundle.

Quoted from dashv:

This is really cool. How much?

#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I agree. I too have given up on the mech. It’s just not worth it.
I honestly try to have fun with this game and the code updates get better and better but all the problems I’ve had and continue to have just mar the overall experience.
I have AFMLE and MMRRE and the difference in quality, playability, and ease of setup are night and day.

If you like the game and theme, step down to a pro. I've played both and get just as much enjoyment out of my pro as I did the LE. You won't ever have to think about the lock mech again. And while the projector is cool, it's not the greatest thing that I've ever seen implemented in a pinball machine. Aside from that, as we know, there's no other real difference.

#3742 3 years ago

Yeah I think this will be a really solid game when finished so if you’re frustrated with the premium maybe a modded out pro would be better for ya.

#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If you like the game and theme, step down to a pro..

Or disable the mech like TKDalumni did

#3744 3 years ago

Bingo! Best of both games with more flow. The left ramp still isn’t a gimme and still a ton of fun.

#3745 3 years ago

For the implication I am Pinocchio, just because I may sell it doesn’t mean I can’t attempt to get some joy out of it before hand.

I’ve had better luck with mods than I have official kit from Stern.

I’m honestly trying to like this game. But repeated logistics and qc issues from Stern are making it hard.

This is also only my second stern. My first was a fully decked out Munsters Premium that I have extensively modded. It had a few small issues. But nothing I couldn’t get sorted in short order.

Part of my issue is how plain and no frills it is compared to my STNG, Munsters, and AFMLE.

Mods and the right uv kit when I can eventually get it may solve that for me.

#3746 3 years ago

Or disable the mech like TKDalumni did

This is what I’m doing for now.

I really like the projector.

I may actually go as far as to remove the TK lock hardware and put it in the coin box for now.

#3747 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I may actually go as far as to remove the TK lock hardware and put it in the coin box for now.

Why on earth would you do this? It can be completely disabled in the menus.

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

This is overboard and uncalled for

#3749 3 years ago

Love the code update!!! The game is getting better and better!

#3750 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Love the code update!!! The game is getting better and better!

You won't love it as much once that bitch Barb plays her indian-giver routine a few times, stealing 40 mill from you each time. I used to be sympathetic to her character, now when she gets pulled into the pool, I cheer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Guilford, CT
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 210.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 444.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/75?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.