IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 448.
#3651 3 years ago

Okay. The left ramp cover seems to be the issue. It’s impeding the progress of the ball to the magnet.

I guess to start strong shots are making it up there but once the flipper power can’t muscle it up there it becomes less consistent.

I took this off and now you have perfect lock shots but they are WAY TOO STRONG.

I had to dial back the flipper power to 200 to not fear that I was going to break optos and plastics from the ball smashing into them.

I suggested to Brian to redo this cover so that it keeps the ball from going wild and breaking stuff, but doesn’t impede the travel to the magnet.

DO NOT TAKE THIS OFF YOU GAME UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK BREAKING STUFF.

90F7A47A-2007-4396-82CF-B5ABA4D6247E (resized).jpeg90F7A47A-2007-4396-82CF-B5ABA4D6247E (resized).jpeg
#3652 3 years ago

Hopefully stern can rework this so that you can have the flipper power closer you stock than 200 because of you go that low, good luck hitting the demo from the right flipper.

But this cover definitely seems to be the issue.

#3653 3 years ago

Great work, hopefully they can engineer something different. I’d think it would be a cost effective fix to do and distribute as well.

#3654 3 years ago

Yep and obviously when they ramp things back up all the new games would have it.

#3655 3 years ago

Can you backhand the lock with the cover off or still not enough momentum?

#3656 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Can you backhand the lock with the cover off or still not enough momentum?

You can backhand and they will stay up there and give you a virtual lock, but no way it’s gonna make the magnet. Just tested for a bit with the left flipper full power.

#3657 3 years ago

I moved my out-lanes to the narrow position this morning.

I’m still getting consistent in the mouth Demogorgon TK locks with no adjustments.

This game is really fun!

#3658 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully stern can rework this so that you can have the flipper power closer you stock than 200 because of you go that low, good luck hitting the demo from the right flipper.
But this cover definitely seems to be the issue.

Can you tell where it’s hitting the cover? Maybe some spacers need to be added between the top of the ramp and the cover so it doesn’t catch the ball as it goes up

#3659 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Can you tell where it’s hitting the cover? Maybe some spacers need to be added between the top of the ramp and the cover so it doesn’t catch the ball as it goes up

Can’t tell. Good idea on the spacers. Not sure though. I’ll see what stern says.

#3660 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I moved my out-lanes to the narrow position this morning.
I’m still getting consistent in the mouth Demogorgon TK locks with now adjustments.
This game is really fun!

Great to hear. Assuming you have a premium hopefully all the early kinks have been worked out. Now just need to get us early adopters on the same page. I think we’re close though.

#3661 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay. The left ramp cover seems to be the issue. It’s impeding the progress of the ball to the magnet.
I guess to start strong shots are making it up there but once the flipper power can’t muscle it up there it becomes less consistent.
I took this off and now you have perfect lock shots but they are WAY TOO STRONG.
I had to dial back the flipper power to 200 to not fear that I was going to break optos and plastics from the ball smashing into them.
I suggested to Brian to redo this cover so that it keeps the ball from going wild and breaking stuff, but doesn’t impede the travel to the magnet.
DO NOT TAKE THIS OFF YOU GAME UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK BREAKING STUFF. [quoted image]

Yup I did the same thing and it definitely makes it up there way better but yeah it flies across the playfield. I also tried keeping the cover on but bending the attached metal bracket but can’t get it any better. To me, it’s as if the lowest part of the rod needs to be further back on the ramp, but no fix there because of the overall mech mount and the plastic ramp rod hole would need more cut out

#3662 3 years ago

There needs to be something to slow the ball at the end of the travel not the start so it doesn’t fly off the ramp and stays at the magnet.

#3663 3 years ago

Or maybe if this cover could sit a bit higher that would do it. But with part of it going through the backboard, I’m not sure how you would do that.

#3664 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

DO NOT TAKE THIS OFF YOU GAME UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK BREAKING STUFF. [quoted image]

This is funny. Last night I started experimenting and I MAY have a solution that at least seems to be helping. I agree that at least one of the problems is the clear cover. I'm still testing so I'm NOT SAYING this is the fix. I'll report back. If you want to try it here it is...
I opened up the holes in the cover and reshaped the tab that goes slightly into the backboard. I had to reshape the tab to allow it to slide left. This allowed the entire plastic cover to slide left 4mm (see pic). Then I added 2 washers on each screw to raise the cover. So it's a little bit higher and slid 4mm to the left. And I bent the metal hood up too.
It seems to be way better but I still can't backhand it to the magnet.

Nick

20200509_142703 (resized).jpg20200509_142703 (resized).jpg20200509_121212 (resized).jpg20200509_121212 (resized).jpg20200509_123210 (resized).jpg20200509_123210 (resized).jpg20200509_112827 (resized).jpg20200509_112827 (resized).jpg
#3665 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

It seems to be way better but I still can't backhand it to the magnet.

This will never be possible.

But good stuff. I’ll try something similar.

#3666 3 years ago

Wonder if they could have designed it with a mechanism that pops the ball up independently of the ball's speed. That way back handing would work and reaching that point on the ramp would be a guaranteed TK lock. Something like the saucer pop up with a cover for when lock is not lit.

#3667 3 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

Wonder if they could have designed it with a mechanism that pops the ball up independently of the ball's speed. That way back handing would work and reaching that point on the ramp would be a guaranteed TK lock. Something like the saucer pop up with a cover for when lock is not lit.

Anything other than this monkey mech would have been better. Constant buzzkill to the game. Along with demo shot for me, neither work reliably enough. Here's to hoping I can get the new ramp soon to maybe fix one of the two.

#3668 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think that's an unfortunate fail if you can backhand the ramp, but not the ramp lock. Any mechanism such as this should never impede ball flow for what should be an otherwise successful shot.

Rob

#3669 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anything other than this monkey mech would have been better.

The mech works fine. The cover they chose was a poor design.

#3670 3 years ago

Try putting plastic 1/4 inch spacers between the plastic cover and ramp. That way you wont have to bend the metal flap.

#3671 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think that's an unfortunate fail if you can backhand the ramp, but not the ramp lock. Any mechanism such as this should never impede ball flow for what should be an otherwise successful shot.
Rob

I mean how could a diverter not impede ball flow? You can backhand the ramp and get credit for a lock just like the pro. But if you backhand the ramp and the ball tries to go up a secondary ramp at a reduced speed due to a backhand shot, how could that ever make the magnet?

#3672 3 years ago

Sorry but you can't raise the cover plate without trimming it : you can put washers/spacers under the 2 bolt down on the left ramp, but the top one and the one on the top right of the ramp cant be installed, the cover is inserted under the surrounding plastics.

Also, I have issues with my TK Lock as well, and I think the diverter is not closing fast enough when the balls crosses the optos.
I have tried everything, the checklist, the coil settings, the game pitch, and most of the time the ball gets pinched by the diverter and is sent backward, with a 75% SDTM chance.

Really annoying.

#3673 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Also, I have issues with my TK Lock as well, and I think the diverter is not closing fast enough when the balls crosses the optos.

Did you try recording it in slo-mo with your phone to see if it really is the optos triggering the diverter too slowly?

#3674 3 years ago

Please excuse this question as I’m a newbie but bought first pin recently(WOZRR)and looking for second soon .Just finishing basement and made room for 4.I really want 4 different styles of play and our family loves this show.I just woken to this great hobby and since we can’t get out to play a variety , was wondering how you you describe the game play of ST as opposed to WOZ? Thanks for any feedback and be safe all!!

#3675 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Sorry but you can't raise the cover plate without trimming it : you can put washers/spacers under the 2 bolt down on the left ramp, but the top one and the one on the top right of the ramp cant be installed, the cover is inserted under the surrounding plastics.

I removed the 2 decorative arch shaped plastics and reinstalled them after raising the cover plastic with 2 washers at each screw. No problem. See the pic.
Also I was able to loosen and slightly raise up the magnet cover plate to allow the cover plastic to be raised slightly. I only had to trim/file the back tab of the cover plastic in order to allow it to slide left.
If raising the cover more than with a couple of washers then the rear tab would need to be trimmed more or removed.

20200509_234703 (resized).jpg20200509_234703 (resized).jpg

#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This evening I had 2 successful backhands to the magnet. Still not every time by any means.

#3677 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Please excuse this question as I’m a newbie but bought first pin recently(WOZRR)and looking for second soon .Just finishing basement and made room for 4.I really want 4 different styles of play and our family loves this show.I just woken to this great hobby and since we can’t get out to play a variety , was wondering how you you describe the game play of ST as opposed to WOZ? Thanks for any feedback and be safe all!!

I owned WOZ in the past and I have a STH pro. STH is a bit more brutal when you miss a shot but once you get them down it has lots of flow. JJ games feel a lot different then Stern. WOZ is more of stop and go with the two upper playfields. I can’t comment on the STH LE or premium models but the pro shoots pretty smooth and fast. If you’re a fan of the show that always helps you get drawn into the theme. These two games to me feel completely different to each other...but that can be a good thing if you have a few pins and it sounds like you will.

#3678 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I have tried everything, the checklist, the coil settings, the game pitch, and most of the time the ball gets pinched by the diverter and is sent backward, with a 75% SDTM chance.

Does this happen with the cover off? Not sure how it can be the timing of the diverter when others don’t have this issue.

Have you taken out the screw that holds the snug plate to the backboard? This lets the back of the ramp sit away from the backboard. Also have you messed with the rubber stopper post on the diverter mech that allows you to adjust where the diverter sits at rest? I would also try dialing back your flipper power especially if it’s at full power. Try 235-240

I thought the ramp on TWD prem was a pain. This takes the cake for sure. Haha

#3679 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

STH is a crazy fast in your face ass kicker with short ball and game times for the most part. WOZ is an adventure type game with long ball times and crazy deep code. I think they complement each other.

#3680 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

This evening I had 2 successful backhands to the magnet. Still not every time by any means.

From a trap? If that’s the case then I definitely have a power issue in my game. See if you can get that on video.

#3681 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Your question is welcome. Heck, that Is what Pinside is really about. I just received my Stranger Things Premium and I couldn’t be more happy. I highly recommend the UV kit. It’s extra, but fits the game perfectly.

I’ve owned a lot of games over the last 10 years. This game has the feel of MM / AFM (layout and rules) with the technology and innovation of a modern Stern (color changing leds, projector, lcd screen and coding). I’m quite happy in my first week of ownership. Only one of my 4 sons plays pinball, this is the first game my other sons have said is “really cool” in years. Best of luck in your game hunt.

#3682 3 years ago

Hey guys, thinking about getting a ST Pro. How has code evolved so far, how about missions and call outs? Does it feel that the pin is representing the show well or are you missing something?

What is expected for code 1.0? Are you overall enjoying the pin?
Sadly there is no ST in my area to play it.

#3683 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

How has code evolved so far, how about missions and call outs?

It’s coming along nicely. They are taking a systematic approach and going mode by mode to increase the fun factor, depth, callouts, and score balancing. There are a ton of callouts in this game at this point and they seem to be adding more with each release.

Quoted from MrSmiley:

What is expected for code 1.0?

I expect the 3 wizard modes to be coded, demo modes 4 and 5 to get polished so they don’t feel the same as demo mode 2. I expect all 20 mystery awards to be coded including the video mode. Also expect there to be some sort of side mission for the underground tunnels map from season two where you have to collect all the images. Also expect all missions to be very well fleshed out in scoring, callouts, etc.

Loving this game. It’s going to be like AFM plus some from a rules standpoint and just like AFM the ball times can be really quick so it keeps you coming back for more.

Biggest issue with this game is the amount of tweaking it needs to play well.

#3684 3 years ago

Just purchased an Le from Frankmac. Good dude by the way! I'm considering installing the PinStadium Light kit for UV lighting over the Stern offering. Good idea, or not?
Thanks,
Zamp

#3685 3 years ago

Thanks Chuck!
How deep is the ruleset currently? Not looking for a very challenging Pin but one that is fun to shoot and nice modes.

#3686 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Thanks Chuck!
How deep is the ruleset currently? Not looking for a very challenging Pin but one that is fun to shoot and nice modes.

Then look no further. This pin fits that bill nicely.

Quoted from Zampinator:

Just purchased an Le from Frankmac. Good dude by the way! I'm considering installing the PinStadium Light kit for UV lighting over the Stern offering. Good idea, or not?
Thanks,
Zamp

Seen both in action. Stern all the way. The plastics and apron don’t appear to add that much, but they do. Game lights up like a UV Xmas tree when it comes on. And you don’t have to worry about taking the light bars off when servicing the game.

#3687 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Thanks,
Zamp

Stern UV 100%

#3688 3 years ago

Stern UV kit. No question. It's awesome

#3689 3 years ago

Stern UV kit is great!

#3690 3 years ago

EDIT! This did NOT fix it completely. Its definitely better but it's acting up again. God damn this TK lock is a finicky pain in the ass!

Well guys. After many games of testing last night and this morning I'm very happy to say that my plastic cover "fix" seems to have fixed the problem. On my game anyway.

I'm getting magnet catching ball locks on a very high percentage of clean right flipper shots.
I just played 2 games this morning.
Game 1 had 7/7 locks (0 rejections)
Game 2 had 6/7 locks (1 rejection)

Left flipper shots are definitely less. And no backhanded shots from a cradle.

I followed stern's pdf to a tee and lowered right flipper to 240.

Hopefully this will help others.
Nick

#3691 3 years ago

Awesome man! Very encouraging.

#3692 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then look no further. This pin fits that bill nicely.

Seen both in action. Stern all the way. The plastics and apron don’t appear to add that much, but they do. Game lights up like a UV Xmas tree when it comes on. And you don’t have to worry about taking the light bars off when servicing the game.

I love this game, but the ramps seem relatively narrow (I've seen worse), and it's a drain monster for me, even with the outlane posts in the most narrow setting. I would definitely not put this game in the "easy" category. I understand the whole concept of "play better". I'm fairly experienced (not great), but this game can give me a whoopin' like no other.

#3693 3 years ago

For sure. My collection is full of ass kickers. I guess I’m a glutton for punishment. Haha

#3694 3 years ago

Where to buy the Stern side blades and official shooter rod? Anyone know?

#3695 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Where to buy the Stern side blades and official shooter rod? Anyone know?

little shop of games has side art.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/art-blades/stranger-things-inside-art-blades-for-stern-pinball-machine-502-7085-q1/

haven't been able to locate shooter rod

#3696 3 years ago

hooked on pinball has some shooter rods

#3697 3 years ago

Just curious are you guys turning off the auto 1st extra ball and are you leaving the 2nd extra ball at 50? What are your preferred extra ball settings?

#3698 3 years ago

I keep mine at a hard 15 loops for the first one. Rest is stock.

#3699 3 years ago

Stern UV kit it is!
Thanks

#3700 3 years ago

Honest question..why fight disabling the lock mech?

1.) Because I paid for an extra feature and I want it

2.) It makes for a better experience

3.) Some other rationale

The Pro plays great without it and I seriously doubt Eddy designed the Prem/LE to be “harder.” Probably just wanted to put another gimmick in. Personally I like being able to backhand the left ramp and adds a lot to gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.