IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 448.
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Upgraded to 5 1/4 speakers on my premium

Nazz - what brand of speakers did you get there?

Separate topic: I just threw a shaker into my premium, and there's one event I was looking forward to getting some serious feedback on - start of MB when the van lands on its roof and drops the balls off the backboard. To my surprise there is no shake there! what the heck?!

#3452 3 years ago

Figured out an easier way to make the right ramp. When the ball comes out of the left orbit post, dead bounce off the left flipper, on the fly backhand to the right ramp. Haha. I’m more successful this way than shooting it straight up.

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Nazz - what brand of speakers did you get there?
Separate topic: I just threw a shaker into my premium, and there's one event I was looking forward to getting some serious feedback on - start of MB when the van lands on its roof and drops the balls off the backboard. To my surprise there is no shake there! what the heck?!

Initiative...Kenwood 5 1/4 1366s. Same speakers that Stern puts in their LE’s

#3454 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

.Kenwood 5 1/4 1366s.

Thank you kindly! ive had my eye on replacing them along with getting the light ring. question though - i've got a 12" energy sub hooked up and admittedly the sound and music are already crazy good (neighbors hate me). do the kenwoods legitimately sound like an upgrade?

#3455 3 years ago

So. On my pro model, I’ve noticed distortion coming out of my speakers since really day one. Anyone else get distortions? Especially when it says “ball locked”.

#3456 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Thank you kindly! ive had my eye on replacing them along with getting the light ring. question though - i've got a 12" energy sub hooked up and admittedly the sound and music are already crazy good (neighbors hate me). do the kenwoods legitimately sound like an upgrade?

Sound is better, I notice better highs but I did the mod more for the speaker light kit.

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So. On my pro model, I’ve noticed distortion coming out of my speakers since really day one. Anyone else get distortions? Especially when it says “ball locked”.

I have as well. I've mentioned it to stern and they offered to replace my speakers. A lot of the new hopper callouts also have pretty bad distortion. I think it's due to the amount of bass in the clips. I switched to the 10 band eq and removed the low end from the backbox speakers and increased it in the cab speaker. This has helped significantly without much sound loss. Pretty sure those stock speakers just can't handle the sounds tho

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Yeah the replacement they sent me is quite a bit longer. I don't think it would land on the mylar anymore. Hopefully whatever kit they have to fix this does the job. Looking back at recent pictures in this thread it does appear that the newer machines have much longer ramps than the earlier ones.
[quoted image]

What are the measurements on the replacement ramp they sent you?

#3459 3 years ago

I have as well. I've mentioned it to stern and they offered to replace my speakers. A lot of the new hopper callouts also have pretty bad distortion. I think it's due to the amount of bass in the clips. I switched to the 10 band eq and removed the low end from the backbox speakers and increased it in the cab speaker. This has helped significantly without much sound loss. Pretty sure those stock speakers just can't handle the sounds tho

Is this something in the menu that I can access or is this a mod that you installed ?

#3460 3 years ago

Hi,
I just made the step on an LE with UV kit, after having played a long time on the Pro.
The problem with the LE if we have the faulty ramp is that you cannot hold the demogorgon with a rubber on the bottom, because there is the engine underneath on the LE. what then is the solution? changing the ramp for a longer and curved version?
Greetings from France, Fred

#3461 3 years ago

What fixed my demo shot for good was taking the whole mech out and loosening the screws for the rubber washers that allow the demo head to give. This allowed the head to give more when the ball hits it.

I also added a couple washers to the treaded posts that go through the playfield and hold the backside of the demo bracket down so that the bracket can not lean back as far.

#3462 3 years ago

Quoted from Trindawg:

Is this something in the menu that I can access or is this a mod that you installed ?

I would also like more clarity on what you are talking about. I've noticed this same issue get worse on the new Hopper callouts.

#3463 3 years ago

Thanks for your advice Chuck, wil try to do that
Best regards,

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What fixed my demo shot for good was taking the whole mech out and loosening the screws for the rubber washers that allow the demo head to give. This allowed the head to give more when the ball hits it.

I also added a couple washers to the treaded posts that go through the playfield and hold the backside of the demo bracket down so that the bracket can not lean back as far.

You have any pictures or further details you can provide on this? How hard is it taking that whole mech out? I just seem to break more than I fix when taking apart mechs

#3465 3 years ago

Sorry didn’t take detailed notes. Just took my time and lots of pictures as I took things off and put it back together. Definitely a pain in the ass. I’m had my adjustments worked on the first try.

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from Mravic:

I would also like more clarity on what you are talking about. I've noticed this same issue get worse on the new Hopper callouts.

In the utility section of the system menu you can choose between system controlled audio or a 10 band eq. When I have a chance to get downstairs to my machine I'll take some pictures of my settings. It's the stock firmware.

#3467 3 years ago

I had a few minutes waiting on a build so here are the pics. From utility menu choose set audio levels. On the page that says high/low Shelf edit it and choose 10 band eq. Then on the next page for the backbox I adjusted the audio level to remove the bass and then on the page after that for the cab speaker I added bass to compensate. This was my first attempt and I do occasionally hear distortion still and probably need to reduce bass on the backglass speakers some more. If someone comes up with good settings I'd love to see what you all come up with. I only messed with it for about 10 minutes
IMG_20200429_125908889 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125908889 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125917803 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125917803 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125932676 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125932676 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125944288 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125944288 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125952941 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125952941 (resized).jpg

#3468 3 years ago

I had a few minutes waiting on a build so here are the pics. From utility menu choose set audio levels. On the page that says high/low Shelf edit it and choose 10 band eq. Then on the next page for the backbox I adjusted the audio level to remove the bass and then on the page after that for the cab speaker I added bass to compensate. This was my first attempt and I do occasionally hear distortion still and probably need to reduce bass on the backglass speakers some more. If someone comes up with good settings I'd love to see what you all come up with. I only messed with it for about 10 minutes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this! I adjusted to same levels and it sounds a lot better!!

#3469 3 years ago

Man I don’t know if I’m getting better at this game or if it’s just dumb luck or I finally have my game dialed in, but I’m consistently getting higher scores now. I hit 200M twice in a row today. That’s high for me! I know you guys’ scores blow mine out of the water. But this game is getting so much fun now. With my higher scores. It gets exciting !!

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

No. Cointaker

ordering titan glo rubbers and plastic protectors...what size works best for sling plastics on ST? 3/4, 7/8 or 1"?

#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

ordering titan glo rubbers and plastic protectors...what size works best for sling plastics on ST? 3/4, 7/8 or 1"?

Not sure but they are awesome. Get em both

And I can’t stop playing this freaking game

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not sure but they are awesome. Get em both
And I can’t stop playing this freaking game

True dat. I feel sorry for the suckers who continue to rag on this game. It's the only game I own where I chain-play about 10 games minimum whenever I turn my machines on. As soon as the third ball drains, I lob an aggravated "fuck off" at the machine, and hit the start button again before the bonus animation even comes on. THAT'S how addictive this game is.

#3473 3 years ago

The new rules to the second demo dog mode are way better. The scoring callouts and roving shots are great. So much better than before.

#3474 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Sound is better, I notice better highs but I did the mod more for the speaker light kit.

I did this mod back in January or early February can’t remember, but you need an amp to really benefit from those kenwoods! I used pinwoofer because it came as a kit but if you under stand speaker stuff you could probably save money. I got an amp for the backbox and one for the cab. And an eight inch Pyle sub in the kit. I have my vol. set on 5 and it’s super intense!

#3475 3 years ago

Anyone else have over 1k games played on their stranger things or do I really have a problem??!!

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Anyone else have over 1k games played on their stranger things or do I really have a problem??!!

Impressive! I’m in between 600-700

#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I did this mod back in January or early February can’t remember, but you need an amp to really benefit from those kenwoods! I used pinwoofer because it came as a kit but if you under stand speaker stuff you could probably save money. I got an amp for the backbox and one for the cab. And an eight inch Pyle sub in the kit. I have my vol. set on 5 and it’s super intense!

Kharris. Will look into to it. Thanks.

#3478 3 years ago

Definitely quick game times on this one. Perfect compliment to my JP which can play longer...

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

What are the measurements on the replacement ramp they sent you?

new ramp length is 5 3/4 inches ~147mm. old ramp was closer to 5 1/2 inches ~140mm. Width is the same. This is measuring the straight section. where the graphic goes and the end of the ramp

#3480 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Upgraded to 5 1/4 speakers on my premium and purchased speaker lights from Doug over at Speakerlightkits.com. The install went all to easy. Could not be happier. Thanks again Doug..
[quoted image][quoted image]

What speakers did you use?

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What speakers did you use?

Kenwood KFC-1366S 5 1/4

#3482 3 years ago

new ramp length is 5 3/4 inches ~147mm. old ramp was closer to 5 1/2 inches ~140mm. Width is the same. This is measuring the straight section. where the graphic goes and the end of the ramp

Maybe they made the new ramp longer to prevent the ball from getting stuck under it when it lowers to shot the demogorgen. It does happen periodically when playing the game..

#3483 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Maybe they made the new ramp longer to prevent the ball from getting stuck under it when it lowers to shot the demogorgen. It does happen periodically when playing the game..

I turned off the ability to skip animations on mine and i haven’t had a ball get stuck under there since.

#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Could be, could also be the longer ramp changes the incline angles to more easily hit the demo. With the depth of the curve fixed and being longer it should make for a more lob like effect instead of a dead on smack in the face. It would make sense since the early fix has been to lean the demo forward some. Anyone that has made that mod to their machine will probably have to undo it if they fix the ramp is my guess.

I have not had a ball get stuck under the ramp in a long time. A few software versions ago it was more common. Definitely seeing the newer machines people are getting, when they share pictures on here, showing the longer ramp.

#3485 3 years ago

Here is my ramp. Can’t tell if my gap is one of the early ones.

BB55B80C-A47C-4DAB-ADBB-6C2C856DCE50 (resized).jpegBB55B80C-A47C-4DAB-ADBB-6C2C856DCE50 (resized).jpeg
#3486 3 years ago

The other side is the more tell tale one from everything I have seen. Your ramp is definitely the shorter one but I don't know if that necessarily means it's bad.

#3487 3 years ago

Left side . Still sits on Mylar

7E6D49B0-A445-472C-A325-890176F880F6 (resized).jpeg7E6D49B0-A445-472C-A325-890176F880F6 (resized).jpeg
#3488 3 years ago

Its bad... Cal;l Chas.

#3489 3 years ago

I have more black vinyl for the projector screen and targets. PM me if you want a set.

$15 shipped anywhere in the world.

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Impressive! I’m in between 600-700

Hey @chuckwurt, I got 854 total plays on mine. Getting close to 1k!!!

27962D53-5506-4EB9-84E7-BFDBD666BF87 (resized).jpeg27962D53-5506-4EB9-84E7-BFDBD666BF87 (resized).jpeg
#3491 3 years ago

Hell yeah! That’s some serious play! I’m hoping to have some time to have some long sessions on mine this weekend.

#3492 3 years ago

I'm over 1312 on mine as of last week. Probably near 1500 now. Playing the heck out of it. What's the average score on your machines? I'm the main player but my son and wife play a lot too and before covid we had lots of friends over. As of last week when I pulled the stats for Stern the average lifetime score on mine was 48,596,020

Hoping when the demo is fixed on mine that will become a good source of points. Right now high scores are only made thru the modes and multiballs due to that and some days there seems to be one shot I just can't hit. Usually right ramp but sometimes the left orbit is my worst enemy.

#3493 3 years ago

Hoping when the demo is fixed on mine that will become a good source of points.

Just played a game last night where I got over 400 million points from the first three demo modes combined.

#3494 3 years ago

Ha yeah here are some stats from my machine that will probably make you laugh.

DEMOGORGON OPTO 203 15% OF GAMES

I'm pretty sure those are lifetime successful demogorgon hits. Over the last few months I've used the flipper rubber, made adjustment after adjustment. It is just pure luck if it goes in.

BUST OUT STARTED 819 62% OF GAMES
BUST OUT DEMOGORGON HITS 2255 171% OF GAMES

Due to not being able to get the mouth it's common to get to the second demo but not so much third or fourth.

TRAP'EM STARTED 157 11% OF GAMES
TRAP'EM DEMOGORGON HITS 846 64% OF GAMES

WHAT'S THAT STARTED 17 1% OF GAMES
WHAT'S THAT DEMOGORGON HITS 121 9% OF GAMES

RUN WILL STARTED 2 0% OF GAMES
RUN WILL DEMOGORGON HITS 8 0% OF GAMES

CANT STOP THIS STARTED 0 0% OF GAMES

I feel like I'm missing out on a huge part of this game lol. I really don't intentionally go for it right now although my son and wife do. Being able to complete via hits is great but the ball drains a lot SDTM. It's the number 1 drain location on my machine.

#3495 3 years ago

These are only from the last update.

Mine are (126 plays from last update)

Demo mouth - 116 times (92% of games)

Bust out - 88 (69%)
Trap em - 54 (42%)
What’s that - 21 (16%)
Run will - 7 (5%)
Can’t stop this - 1

#3496 3 years ago

Ha yeah here are some stats from my machine that will probably make you laugh.
DEMOGORGON OPTO 203 15% OF GAMES
I'm pretty sure those are lifetime successful demogorgon hits. Over the last few months I've used the flipper rubber, made adjustment after adjustment. It is just pure luck if it goes in.
BUST OUT STARTED 819 62% OF GAMES
BUST OUT DEMOGORGON HITS 2255 171% OF GAMES
Due to not being able to get the mouth it's common to get to the second demo but not so much third or fourth.
TRAP'EM STARTED 157 11% OF GAMES
TRAP'EM DEMOGORGON HITS 846 64% OF GAMES
WHAT'S THAT STARTED 17 1% OF GAMES
WHAT'S THAT DEMOGORGON HITS 121 9% OF GAMES
RUN WILL STARTED 2 0% OF GAMES
RUN WILL DEMOGORGON HITS 8 0% OF GAMES
CANT STOP THIS STARTED 0 0% OF GAMES
I feel like I'm missing out on a huge part of this game lol. I really don't intentionally go for it right now although my son and wife do. Being able to complete via hits is great but the ball drains a lot SDTM. It's the number 1 drain location on my machine.

When I got my pro that’s how I felt as well. I honestly kind of hated the game and then I bent the demo bracket to where he was angled downward a little and now any accurate shot makes it and it’s SOO much more fun.

#3497 3 years ago

funny, Mine are lifetime over 1300 plays.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just played a game last night where I got over 400 million points from the first three demo modes combined.

My GC is just 415 right now and that was a nearly 200 mil first total isolation and a near 100 mil in tk multiballs. Man if I could get 200 mil out of the demogorgon I'd be happy but right now it's only worth 10-20mil total. I'm getting real good at upside down and can usually get close to 30 each time it comes up. Some games recently I've been seeing it 2-3 times so that's usually worth a 70-90 mil. My favorite mode right now is quarter hunt. I like to try and stack that with the 2x multi and a TK multiball. Worth some serious points now.

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

When I got my pro that’s how I felt as well. I honestly kind of hated the game and then I bent the demo bracket to where he was angled downward a little and now any accurate shot makes it and it’s SOO much more fun.

I've just put the machine back to the way it is stock and we all celebrate whoever manages to get the lucky shot these days. I'm afraid that if I do bend the bracket or shim it or whatever when I do get the fixed ramp I'll have to undo that change.

#3499 3 years ago

funny, Mine are lifetime over 1300 plays.

How are you able to see the lifetime audits? Different menu?

#3500 3 years ago

I've been exporting them to a USB stick and sending to Stern. It keeps track of the changes since the last dump as well as the lifetime stats

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/70?hl=georgeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.