IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 448.
#3401 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Does anyone have the picture of the UV kit and the glow in the dark rings? Someone posted it once but I can’t find it now.

Check titans thread.

#3402 3 years ago

Is it really just me or is this TK lock horrendous ?
I have tried the default adjustments which made it dramatically worse. Next step is the "try it and see" method.
I have also found that Chuckworts adjustments are great once done but 10 games later are all out again.
This is the most frustrating game, and adjustments I have come across so far.
The right return lane isn't too bad, bouncing to the left flipper. Apart from that the eject loop is super inconsistent and the left return lane still hits the slings, ☹️

#3403 3 years ago

Remember adjusting the saucer is not what eddy intended. Just something I feel makes the game more fun. Not sure how adjusting a ball guide can come out of adjustment. Set it and forget it. The most important thing about the left orbit guide adjustment is to make sure the up post doesn’t hit the ball when it comes back up after releasing it.

For the TK lock. I had to use lock tite on the screws that hold the diverter to the backboard as mine slipped out of adjustment too.

But if you do the stern recommended adjustments just as they say to in that pdf, I’m not sure how it could make things worse. Something else is going on with your game.

#3404 3 years ago

Mate, I love your positive posts and I'm sure I will get there.
I think the left eject position is maybe a full through hole screw and nut so it stays secure, seems to get loose faily quickly.
The left return lane I may have to re drill the screws for the lane guide as I just cannot get it to consistently hit the flipper.
The TK lock has been adjusted to death. I think the recent post of " disable it, thank me later" is getting close.
I have 2 mates thinking about this game but there is no way they will spent the money is such a fractious game.
I will watch for your tips and updates.

#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from raysco:

Is it really just me or is this TK lock horrendous ?

It's not you, I have tweaked it 10 times and followed all the guides and it's still unreliable. Just a crappy mech that is never going to work 100%.

#3406 3 years ago

AUD $14000 for such a great themed game is ok, I just think there are AUD $3000 worth of fixing it needs. Great game but so disappointing in some aspects of the LE extras.
Hopefully a manufacture or code update will nail it....

#3407 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It's not you, I have tweaked it 10 times and followed all the guides and it's still unreliable. Just a crappy mech that is never going to work 100%.

But did your adjustments make things worse? I’ve yet to hear about that happening. That’s why it makes me think Raysco has something else going on with his lock.

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from raysco:

Apart from that the eject loop is super inconsistent

This is to be expected as we’re changing something that the designer didn’t intend to happen. Eddy wants that saucer to hit the drops. So I wasn’t surprised that the saucer adjustment didn’t work for everyone to shoot the burn it back loop consistently. Remember for that to play with the lockout strength too. 17-18 seems to be the sweet spot for most.

The orbit guides are simply a level, guide adjustment issue. Not sure how that can be different across games but I guess it can be.

#3409 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The most important thing about the left orbit guide adjustment is to make sure the up post doesn’t hit the ball when it comes back up after releasing it.

How can this be fixed. Is there an adjustment in the settings. I’ve tried everything from game pitch to even unscrewing mech from play field and adding small washers between the mech and the underside play field. All with no luck. That rod has always hit the ball upon upward release.

#3410 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

How can this be fixed. Is there an adjustment in the settings. I’ve tried everything from game pitch to even unscrewing mech from play field and adding small washers between the mech and the underside play field. All with no luck. That rod has always hit the ball upon upward release.

Simply leaning then game to the left a tad more did it for me. Make sure when the post is down it’s flush with the playfield. If it’s not, it might be slowing the ball so it can’t get out of the way before it comes back up.

#3411 3 years ago

Make sure your game is pitched between 6.5-7 too. Just at the top line on the bubble level on the shooter lane.

#3412 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure your game is pitched between 6.5-7 too. Just at the top line on the bubble level on the shooter lane.

Thanks. PinGuy app pitch is at 7.1. I’ll try bringing the back up higher and more roll to the left. The ball also gets stuck between the wire gate and the metal rail leading to that up post rod.

#3413 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Thanks. PinGuy app pitch is at 7.1. I’ll try bringing the back up higher and more roll to the left. The ball also gets stuck between the wire gate and the metal rail leading to that up post rod.

That’s probably related to the gate that faces to the left that is right to the left of the demogorgon. Lots of posts on how to fix that including simply removing it.

#3414 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But did your adjustments make things worse? I’ve yet to hear about that happening. That’s why it makes me think Raysco has something else going on with his lock.

Honestly it's one of the odder mechs to make sense of. After I tweak it sometimes it appears it's going to be working better when I first start playing but then soon after or later games it just seems back to the same unreliable mess. I can't say it made it worse but in the end none of the tweaking I have done I don't feel made it better either. I'd say I get 75% of solid shots to stick(this is the tough part to quantify cause a less than perfect shot up that ramp will typically not stick), not horrible but not great either, I just gave up tweaking it hoping better solutions would come eventually.

#3415 3 years ago

You can be certain the mech isn’t coming out of adjustment by checking the measurements that stern lays out in the pdf. If those are holding then don’t mess with the mech. Then we’re back to my theory of the flipper performance changing over extended play.

Also if everyone is getting around 75% success rate with the magnet, that’s about as good as it’s going to get without some sort of code intervention imo.

#3416 3 years ago

Ever since scientists said that UV light kills Coronavirus, I've been playing STh exclusively, shooting for the pops to start upside down mode, then opening my mouth and pressing my face to the glass.

Call me crazy, but I feel terrific.

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Honestly it's one of the odder mechs to make sense of. After I tweak it sometimes it appears it's going to be working better when I first start playing but then soon after or later games it just seems back to the same unreliable mess. I can't say it made it worse but in the end none of the tweaking I have done I feel made it better either. I'd say I get 75% of solid shots to stick(this is the tough part to quantify cause a less than perfect shot up that ramp will typically not stick), not horrible but not great either, I just gave up tweaking it hoping better solutions would come eventually.

I’ll just say it. Disable it and thank me later. It’s a junk mech. They need to bring the actuator in and use hold voltage and cycle it for cooling. Then when the switch is made it switched to high voltage to become more rigid for the ball to ride on.

Mine is currently disabled

#3419 3 years ago

Mine actually threw the ball back down the ramp a couple times. Without lock lit the ball stuck on the wall, then it disengaged as the ball wobbled backwards so it flew back to the flippers, pretty funny

#3420 3 years ago

This pin continues to kick my ass. (Not the game itself. Ownership in general).

The code updates have been great. The new call outs and gameplay tweaks have the game growing on me. In spite of the never ending issues I’ve had since taking it out of the box.

Today. I decided I was going to get that TK multi-ball lock working. Went through the guide. Tried everything. Been at it for 4+ hours. I’ve gotten the ball lock to work 4 times in several dozen shots. This is actually progress as before that it never locked a single time.

I’m too frustrated and tired to try more today.

I’m probably going to need to pull the table out, rework the cut in the ramp, and adjust more the mounting/angle of the diverter as most of the time it just sends the ball back down the ramp were it came up from and SDTM.

Last thing vexing me, I could use some help/input from folks here. I’ve been getting CRAZY glass slapping air balls. Like 5-6 per game.

I took some high speed video and found the reason for most of my crazy air balls is that the plastic protector around the demo gorgon sits too high in one spot because of a bolt underneath it that needs to be shaved down a couple cm. What I need help with is, what is the best way to get access to that part? Not sure how or where to begin with the ramp tear down.

In spite of these issues I can still find moments where I am having fun with the game.

But I still have yet to have the amount of fun required to overcome serious buyer remorse.

Right now, every air ball hitting the glass during multiball or left ramp reject/stdm really kills the mood for me.

Maybe you guys can help get me this one sorted and get on to trying for high scores.
EE3E6EFA-23C8-46E4-B492-BF38880D093C (resized).jpegEE3E6EFA-23C8-46E4-B492-BF38880D093C (resized).jpeg

BD85CC79-6D4D-485C-A134-C510CDF95396 (resized).jpegBD85CC79-6D4D-485C-A134-C510CDF95396 (resized).jpeg3045C927-C279-4936-A507-70AD19924EE1 (resized).jpeg3045C927-C279-4936-A507-70AD19924EE1 (resized).jpeg
#3421 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I took some high speed video and found the reason for most of my crazy air balls is that the plastic protector around the demo gorgon sits too high in one spot because of a bolt underneath it that needs to be shaved down a couple cm. What I need help with is, what is the best way to get access to that part? Not sure how or where to begin with the ramp tear down.

I would think the plastic is that way so the ball has a fast roll after a miss to the demogorgen and So that the ball does not get stuck and then will set you up for another demogorgen shot.

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

I would think the plastic is that way so the ball has a fast roll after a miss to the demogorgen and So that the ball does not get stuck and then will set you up for another demogorgen shot.

Are other people’s plastic that way? Can anyone take a look/pictures with the ramp down?

#3423 3 years ago

My ramp plastic is like that

#3424 3 years ago

Same here. My plastic looks the same and I get no glass hits. Someone else mentioned here that their ramp itself was messed up and probably the cause of their glass hits. I don’t think they have replaced their ramp yet to confirm though.

#3425 3 years ago

New ramp kits are not yet available. I have a ramp with no graphics on it they sent but won't be taking the time to install that. I'm waiting on the actual kit.

#3426 3 years ago

Do you know what date they started using the new ramp on games?

#3427 3 years ago

They said approximately 300-400 games went out with questionable ramps. That’s all I got.

#3428 3 years ago

How do you tell if you have a "questionable ramp"?
Is it only if you cant hit Demogorgon in the mouth?

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How do you tell if you have a "questionable ramp"?
Is it only if you cant hit Demogorgon in the mouth?

With the ramp down look at it from the side. There should be no gap

IMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpg
#3430 3 years ago

I will check for ramp gap after work. I thought that was only a problem with some of the Pro’s. Chas didn’t mention it when I called support. Said “this one has a lot of air balls by design”. But I see no one else in here talking about 4-5 glass hits a game. I’m honestly nervous anytime I get a multiball sequence.

I have no problems hitting or making center shots with my demo. I feel like that part works as expected and that my misses are legitimate.

It’s just shots that miss to the left spike straight up into the glass more often than not.

Table is level side to side and at recommended pitch. But I can try cheating it down a bit in the back left to see if that helps.

Tho I have a feeling that will make my left ramp even more hopeless with the TK multiball mech. Sounds like I’m not alone in that. So I’ll turn it off for now.

I’m thinking once the uv kit and replacement playfield arrive I’ll be selling or trading this table.

#3431 3 years ago

I've been getting a ton of glass hits since day one, and also waiting for the new ramp kits to become available. I've toned the the flipper power down by quite a bit, and still get the odd glass hit. Hoping the new ramp will fix it, but will also look at the plastic in front of the Demo when I get home.

#3432 3 years ago

Flipper power at 230 and no more hits on the glass...

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

With the ramp down look at it from the side. There should be no gap[quoted image]

That's what my ramp looks like. So I need to call stern to get a replacement?

#3434 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That's what my ramp looks like. So I need to call stern to get a replacement?

There are no kits available right now but yes, you will need to contact stern with pictures of your ramp to get the replacement kit once it is available. It was in manufacturing when this whole thing went down so hopefully once things open back up it will be available quickly.

#3435 3 years ago

Let me just say, I got one of the replacement ramps(although didn't have the correct decals to go with it so I never installed it) but there is still a small gap as you show in that picture. So either the new ones are still faulty or there is something more that is different on them

#3436 3 years ago

Hey Guys- I'm excited to be joining the club later this week by buying a pro. Seller states that there was an issue with the gate under the Demo and they installed the ramp lock post that they got from Stern. I know that when this game came out that the ramp lock post was a problem. Would anyone mind telling me what the Stern fix entailed? Also, what possible adjustment can be made under the Demo in case any issue comes back? I really appreciate it.

#3437 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Let me just say, I got one of the replacement ramps(although didn't have the correct decals to go with it so I never installed it) but there is still a small gap as you show in that picture. So either the new ones are still faulty or there is something more that is different on them

The replacement ramp that I got without the decal didn't have the gap there. I also think it is a little bit longer but I have not measured it yet. I have to take the glass off to get some info for Stern tonight anyway and will look again

#3438 3 years ago

I know that when I emailed stern about my ramp it had no gap and they are sending me a kit. Not sure what they saw that deemed me needing a kit, but I’m on the list too.

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hey Guys- I'm excited to be joining the club later this week by buying a pro. Seller states that there was an issue with the gate under the Demo and they installed the ramp lock post that they got from Stern. I know that when this game came out that the ramp lock post was a problem. Would anyone mind telling me what the Stern fix entailed? Also, what possible adjustment can be made under the Demo in case any issue comes back? I really appreciate it.

They have a post that is better clammed from the factory so it doesn’t come loose like early ones did.

The gate under the demogorgon just needs to be adjusted so the arm doesn’t come loose from the bracket. Others are simply removing the gate door as well. Either way works.

#3440 3 years ago

One more question if that’s okay... Does the pro model register hits to the demogorgon that don’t go into the mouth or is that only on the premium/le? Thanks.

#3441 3 years ago

Bash hits register on the pro.

#3442 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The replacement ramp that I got without the decal didn't have the gap there. I also think it is a little bit longer but I have not measured it yet. I have to take the glass off to get some info for Stern tonight anyway and will look again

Yeah the replacement they sent me is quite a bit longer. I don't think it would land on the mylar anymore. Hopefully whatever kit they have to fix this does the job. Looking back at recent pictures in this thread it does appear that the newer machines have much longer ramps than the earlier ones.
IMG_20200427_220705658 (resized).jpgIMG_20200427_220705658 (resized).jpg

#3443 3 years ago

Joined the club!

Just received a Premium (production date Feb 17th 2020) yesterday. It was supposed to go straight onto location, but the bar is temporarily closed due to COVID-19, so it was delivered to my home office instead. Oh, the agony!

Quite satisfied with the state out of the box. I swapped the PSU fan for a more silent one, and put in a sheet of anti-glare playfield glass. The left ramp / TK lock shot is pretty evil and could perhaps do with some adjustment, but everything else seems good so far, including the demogorgon.

#3445 3 years ago

I was rummaging in the adjustments when I heard daughter (9) come home from school. Decided to set "Adult content" to "NO".
A minute later, on the first ball on the first test game, with her standing next to me: Right outlane drain => a loud and clear "WHAT THE HELL?!". Hilarious

#3446 3 years ago

Upgraded to 5 1/4 speakers on my premium and purchased speaker lights from Doug over at Speakerlightkits.com. The install went all to easy. Could not be happier. Thanks again Doug..
24722C8A-5228-4D82-A858-F016C17D32BA (resized).jpeg24722C8A-5228-4D82-A858-F016C17D32BA (resized).jpeg

A1F67C0B-EAC5-43A0-8FFB-D21CE60E6CC5 (resized).jpegA1F67C0B-EAC5-43A0-8FFB-D21CE60E6CC5 (resized).jpeg
#3447 3 years ago

So I finally finished installing my UV kit yesterday and I have to say, it’s the coolest thing since sliced bread! It’s like I have a whole new game now!! And for whatever reason, I’m getting better scores since I’ve installed it. One thing i Noticed though , on the right ramp, it seems like it leans to the right more since adding the UV rail to it. Like the rail added thickness and made it off a little. Anyone else notice that ?

#3448 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Anyone else notice that ?

Nope. Got a pic?

#3449 3 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

The emails are coming in. I’m going to put together 20 packages to send out. If the demand is greater then I will do more.
Here’s the details:
- send me an email through pinside
- include your mailing address
Send $15 to:
PayPal (friends and family)
[email protected]
- I will send one square foot
- flat packed
- usps standard mail
I have ordered a new plotter as well. When that comes in I will be able to cut the vinyl exactly to size and you can install it directly over the existing material. For now, simply cut it to fit.
DO NOT REMOVE THE ORIGINAL WHITE!!!

Hello,
do you still have some stock? Do you think a delivery to France is possible?
Best regards, Fred

#3450 3 years ago

Trindog... level the playfield, not the glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/69?hl=fredzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.