IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 449.
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have a switch issue on your game. I saw more than once you got a demogorgon register from the ball being released from the left orbit post.
Also when the ball gets stuck behind the drops it should be released within 1-2 seconds. Ball search shouldn’t clear it. It’s a simple quick reset of the drops.
Also, half the time you bash the demogorgon it doesn’t register.

yeah I wondered about that thanks Erik, what about the TK mech though?

Neil.

#3352 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I built a clear kit on titans website. If you go to stranger things it’s there all sizes and quantities.

great thanks,
got any photos?
cheers

#3353 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah I wondered about that thanks Erik, what about the TK mech though?
Neil.

Seems to be about the same as mine.

#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

So is this a replace situation or is there a fix? I'm not finding much searching for fixes.

Take a really small flat head screw driver and pinch the the socket on the ends to make the bulb fit a bit more tight. I’ve had to do this on 3 games and no more problems. You’ll not want to pinch the ends too much or the bulb won’t fit. It’s not rocket science but just enough wear the bulb will barely fit in the socket. You’ll do this from above the playfield on those bulbs.

#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seems to be about the same as mine.

Ok cool- so that switch error thanks for that - basically Two optos are plugged into the wrong ports on an I/O board somewhere - just trying to pin it down.

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Ok cool- so that switch error thanks for that - basically Two optos are plugged into the wrong ports on an I/O board somewhere - just trying to pin it down.

That makes sense. The opto that registers hits to the demo is right at the top of the demo ramp shooting across it. I think that’s swapped with one of the optos at the left orbit post release.

You also have an opto issue that runs behind the drops. That’s why it’s taking a ball search to release a ball stuck back there I think.

#3357 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

great thanks,
got any photos?
cheers

Yes I posted pics on titans web site. I will post here as well.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3358 4 years ago

Does this game have the fewest rubber ever? I was shocked. I think there’s less than 10 if you don’t count the mini post rubbers.

#3359 4 years ago

I finally knocked one of the demodog projector targets off. Are you guys fixing those on with some stronger adhesive?

Aside from installing UV kit that's the first reason I've had to lift the glass, I probably should take the opportunity while I'm in there to move the outlanes to the middle.

#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

Are you guys fixing those on with some stronger adhesive?

Nope. Just clean the surface and use one of the extras in your goody bag. Toss the one that fell off.

#3361 4 years ago

Congo has like 6 rubber rings, and I put a tab of super glue on the target.

#3362 4 years ago

Wow. That’s crazy. Six pieces of rubber on one game.

#3363 4 years ago

Just joined today!
Not sure if this had been discussed before, but I think Stern had a missed opportunity of using the Xmas lights to put in your name for high scores.

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Really, what's the difference?

Missing the UV plastics and the lit apron. The plastics are the game changer. They make the machine pop.

#3365 4 years ago

Hate to be lazy but I am probably ordering the stern UV kit. Anyone had the rubber ring list for STr pro? I am thinking of getting the glo bands from titan.

Thx

#3366 4 years ago

Do you guys know if bubbles near the edge in the glass like this are an issue or normal? I've seen videos of playfield glass exploding just wondering if this would alarm pinball veterans. I was searching but not getting results on tempered glass bubbles

20200419_212706 (resized).jpg20200419_212706 (resized).jpg
#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Hate to be lazy but I am probably ordering the stern UV kit. Anyone had the rubber ring list for STr pro? I am thinking of getting the glo bands from titan.
Thx

I made a clear kit on titans website use that for guidance just change to the color you want.

#3368 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That makes sense. The opto that registers hits to the demo is right at the top of the demo ramp shooting across it. I think that’s swapped with one of the optos at the left orbit post release.
You also have an opto issue that runs behind the drops. That’s why it’s taking a ball search to release a ball stuck back there I think.

yup, so traced it. Switches are on different block connectors on the node board, trace the other way to find that the transmit and receive end of the optos are plugged in wrongly, and labeled wrongly. Now fixed! Thanks for noticing that!

#3369 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. Just clean the surface and use one of the extras in your goody bag. Toss the one that fell off.

do your extras have holes in the middle?

#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

do your extras have holes in the middle?

There’s two stickers that go on the standups. One with a hole then one without a hole goes on top of that.

#3371 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Yes I posted pics on titans web site. I will post here as well.[quoted image]

Great, thanks

#3372 4 years ago

Hi all. Anyone fit a real knocker from PL?
Doesnt seem to be a menu function to turn it on??

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. Anyone fit a real knocker from PL?
Doesnt seem to be a menu function to turn it on??

I have this installed and it works great. Change the Q24 option to Knocker (I think default might be ticket dispenser) then set Knocker Volume to off. I think it is all explained in the instructions that come with the kit.

#3374 4 years ago

Man, the dimples on this pin are crazy! I traded a GB with 1500 plays on it that looks 100× better then this one with a couple houndred.

#3375 4 years ago

Dimples will start looking better closer to 1000 plays. The airballs do make the dimples deeper than other pins though so may take longer. I'm more worried about the dimples in the metal ramp entrances. Mine are pretty well dinged up.

Question for you all. I was just noticing on my left ramp looks like it's melting from the LED under it. I'm not sure how that is possible but the ramp graphic looks messed up and you can see plastic warping a little where the light is. The light does touch the ramp but I thought those don't get too hot. Just wondering if others see this before I contact Stern.
IMG_20200421_141539101 (resized).jpgIMG_20200421_141539101 (resized).jpg

IMG_20200421_143034472 (resized).jpgIMG_20200421_143034472 (resized).jpg
#3376 4 years ago

In the process of getting a swap ouf playfield cleared and some slight mods. Cant wait.

IMG_20200418_150555 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_150555 (resized).jpg
#3377 4 years ago

Added a few mods..purple plastic protectors, purple flipper button lights, shaker motor and tiltgraphicsinc inside art blades. It came out looking great. Thnx tilt graphics.

62854720-3946-404D-B600-7C706332486C (resized).jpeg62854720-3946-404D-B600-7C706332486C (resized).jpeg9A936621-789B-4E23-8A0F-4A840ED66CA6 (resized).jpeg9A936621-789B-4E23-8A0F-4A840ED66CA6 (resized).jpeg
#3378 4 years ago

Those side blades are sweet!

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those side blades look great, but what’s groot’s sister doing in there?

529989DA-BBD8-4BFA-8BC8-6E19ECA861E4 (resized).jpeg529989DA-BBD8-4BFA-8BC8-6E19ECA861E4 (resized).jpeg
#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Added a few mods..purple plastic protectors, purple flipper button lights, shaker motor and tiltgraphicsinc inside art blades. It came out looking great. Thnx tilt graphics.[quoted image][quoted image]

Are the plastic protectors from tilt also?

#3381 4 years ago

On my mystery shot, it hits the target then hits the gate so hard it shoots back over the said target into the lane behind it. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix?

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Are the plastic protectors from tilt also?

No. Cointaker

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thnx Chuckwurt

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Those side blades look great, but what’s groot’s sister doing in there?[quoted image]

Lol. It does look like a evil Groots sister. But it was in the Series..

10A6F896-FE58-4802-85ED-27BA6D32BBC1 (resized).png10A6F896-FE58-4802-85ED-27BA6D32BBC1 (resized).png
#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Question for you all. I was just noticing on my left ramp looks like it's melting from the LED under it. I'm not sure how that is possible but the ramp graphic looks messed up and you can see plastic warping a little where the light is. The light does touch the ramp but I thought those don't get too hot. Just wondering if others see this before I contact Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is doing this too!

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Mine is doing this too!

I sent pictures to Stern and will see what they say. Could be a few days given the current situation

#3387 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

On my mystery shot, it hits the target then hits the gate so hard it shoots back over the said target into the lane behind it. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix?

I haven’t seen this on my game at all sorry. Maybe dial back the flipper strength.

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have seen this from time to time. Nothing I'm too worried about. You still get credit for the mystery shot

#3389 4 years ago

Was thinking about getting a shaker mod for this game is the code done well with it or does it feel like a extra bolt on that doesnt really belong?

#3390 4 years ago

I barely notice it right now.

#3391 4 years ago

Hey guys. I’m debating on pulling the trigger on a premium. Have you guys seen issues on the Stranger Things playfields like the chipping/pooling problems Stern was having with other recent releases? I’m still currently waiting on a new playfield for my JP.
I searched in this thread for the words playfield, chipping, pooling, problems. I’m not seeing any results from the search which leads me to believe those playfield problems were fixed prior to Stranger Things. I hope that’s the case.
Thanks in advance

#3392 4 years ago

No playfield issues at all with this game that I’ve seen. Unless dimples terrify you, id say this game is safe in that regard.

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No playfield issues at all with this game that I’ve seen. Unless dimples terrify you, id say this game is safe in that regard.

Dimples are expected. Thanks man

#3394 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Have you guys seen issues on the Stranger Things playfields

aside from the dimples, my pf is ship shape about 500 games in

#3395 4 years ago

Got my UV kit yesterday and am gonna install today! Any tips out there on the install ? I remember someone saying something about some wiring under the right ramp? Not sure but some tips would come in handy. Thanks !!

#3396 4 years ago

Follow the included instructions. They are very thorough.

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Got my UV kit yesterday and am gonna install today! Any tips out there on the install ? I remember someone saying something about some wiring under the right ramp? Not sure but some tips would come in handy. Thanks !!

Zach from Flip n Out Pinball has a great You Tube video out. He explains install step by step.

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jack Danger seems to have a lot of issues with the left ramp on his streams. Balls rolling back SDTM or the magnet lock not actually catching the ball. Oh, and not being able to put the ball in the demi moore mouth.

But, everything else on this game seems like a lot of fun. What is still missing from the code?

Rob

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But, everything else on this game seems like a lot of fun. What is still missing from the code?

The final 3 wizard modes is the biggest thing. The last couple demogorgon modes seem to have placeholder rules too. Total isolations need fleshed out too.

Seems they are working on fleshing out all the minor modes first then working towards the stuff further away from the start button.

#3400 4 years ago

Does anyone have the picture of the UV kit and the glow in the dark rings? Someone posted it once but I can’t find it now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.