IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 448.
#3201 4 years ago

Only thing I can say is that the projector is a major part of the game and you’ll definitely notice it. I totally notice it not being there when I go play a pro.

You can always disable the magnet lock if you don’t like the way it plays, then it’s just like the pro. However the LE is going to play completely different in regards to the left ramp. And expect lots of tweaking to get it working better. But as you’ve seen here, it’s pretty impossible to get the ramp lock to work 100%

#3202 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:But as you’ve seen here, it’s pretty impossible to get the ramp lock to work 100%

This might be just for the LE. All the Premiums I played at Louisville as well as my own played without flaw. The left ramp lock works 100% of the time a ball has enough velocity. If the ball makes it up but not fast enough or clean enough to reach the height of the magnet and get caught, then the virtual lock engages. I have also not experienced the "flipper fatigue" that some have mentioned. I know there were a lot of "Stern fixes" made during the LE run, per the seminar at Louisville expo. I think they fixed most issues with both the left and demo ramp. My game has had consistent left ramp lock and consistent Demo hits out of the box. Demo hit off the left flipper is 100%, unless I just hit it off the wrong spot. The right flipper is like 10%. But not a big deal since I can easily catch the ball out of the left orbit on my left flipper. My advice would be to go Premium and skip the LE. Seems like the Premiums got the kinks worked out. Curious if other Premium owners feel this way.

#3203 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Goddamn, I just have to say how much I am loving this pin. I haven't played much pin lately over the last month or so with this craziness going on, but have been playing a ton of StH the last few days, goddamn!!! I love this pin!!
One last lingering question, I own a Pro; about to order UV kit. But keep having this lingering feeling that I should upgrade to an LE.
Thoughts? Has anyone gone Pro to LE? The obvious benefit would be the look of the pin; the LE is smokin'; but the Pro has the backhanded 11 ramp, which I do all the time; and I'm so focused on the shots, that I don't know if I would truly notice the projection; as crazy as that sounds, I am just so focused when I play this pin; it's unlike almost any pins that I've ever owned.
What do you guys think? Should I just fully pimp out my Pro with UV kit, side blades, and mods? Or go for the LE?

I haven't played the pro but IMHO the projector is great on the main screen and of little value everywhere else. Not worth the upgrade to me.
The magnetic lock is a cool feature but not perfect and certainly not a game changer.

#3204 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Goddamn, I just have to say how much I am loving this pin. I haven't played much pin lately over the last month or so with this craziness going on, but have been playing a ton of StH the last few days, goddamn!!! I love this pin!!
One last lingering question, I own a Pro; about to order UV kit. But keep having this lingering feeling that I should upgrade to an LE.
Thoughts? Has anyone gone Pro to LE? The obvious benefit would be the look of the pin; the LE is smokin'; but the Pro has the backhanded 11 ramp, which I do all the time; and I'm so focused on the shots, that I don't know if I would truly notice the projection; as crazy as that sounds, I am just so focused when I play this pin; it's unlike almost any pins that I've ever owned.
What do you guys think? Should I just fully pimp out my Pro with UV kit, side blades, and mods? Or go for the LE?

I played the pro on location before getting the LE. I'm a sucker for the mirrored back glass and they also have a nice powder coat on the LE. The projector is a big upgrade in my opinion, the moving demogorgon is also nice.

The telekinesis (TK) lock is cool when it works on the LE, but it my experience it took a lot of work to get it adjusted properly. The techniques for adjusting it are now better documented than when I got mine so it might be easier, but it is poorly designed and can be very temperamental. On both the pro and LE the left ramp is an easy backhand shot when the lock is not active, and on the pro it is always an easy backhand shot. The left ramp is a more dangerous shot on the prem/LE when the ramp TK lock is active. A weak shot up the left ramp on the LE can cause the ball to roll back down and go SDTM. It can also be very frustrating to make the shot and not get credit for the lock on the prem/LE when it isn't well adjusted. Because of these issues, some have argued that the pro shoots better.

Overall I feel the LE is worth it on this title (I have one) but the potential for TK lock issues needs to be considered.

#3205 4 years ago

I would go with the LE especially if you love this game and theme. The projector is awsome, and not only does the LE look better it has the upgraded sound package and mirror backglass.

#3206 4 years ago

I think they have yet to expose the full potential of the projector and that's the game changer...

#3207 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I think they have yet to expose the full potential of the projector and that's the game changer...

The question is: will they?

#3208 4 years ago

I don’t think we will know for quite a while. New code is supposed to drop before the end of the month and I bet they plan at least one a month for the foreseeable future.

#3209 4 years ago

Hi all. Just purchased nib Stranger Things premium. Level and inspected game. Did notice the ball post lock under left ramp dropping and ball is unable to roll out. The plastic rod goes back up not giving the ball enough time to roll out. Ball stays in the two gated area. Not sure if this has been mentioned in thread this before. Any solutions. Thanks.

#3210 4 years ago

Just curious and too lazy to go check but is there a way to deactivate the post that stops the ball? Seems like not having that would help flow a bit. Would all the shot still register? I’ll have to give it a try tomorrow.

#3211 4 years ago

Need some feedback from the owners here with kids. I have a pair, 5 and 16. How do they like playing the game? Would you recommend Adding this to the lineup or not? I personally like the theme..seems like the code build is improving and owners are enjoying the game. Love to hear some thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

#3212 4 years ago

so, i hate to say it, but before tonight i had only played a couple games on .87. Tonight I noticed that when I shot the extra ball lane, it was advancing the left ramp/walkie talkie. is this normal? i checked the switches, and when sending the ball through the extra ball lane, nothing registered on the left ramp opto.

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Just curious and too lazy to go check but is there a way to deactivate the post that stops the ball? Seems like not having that would help flow a bit. Would all the shot still register? I’ll have to give it a try tomorrow.

Yes there is a setting.

#3214 4 years ago

pimp the pro was my choice...and loving it!

20200201_153328 (resized).jpg20200201_153328 (resized).jpg
#3215 4 years ago

Wow! Did you strip and repaint that cab? I'm diggin' it

#3216 4 years ago

Where did you get that awesome translite or is it custom made?

#3217 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Just auto plunges the ball for now. I’m hoping they implement a video mode

When u get mystery award on the list of awards one of them says video mode so looks like it’s going to be programmed in at some stage

#3218 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Need some feedback from the owners here with kids. I have a pair, 5 and 16. How do they like playing the game? Would you recommend Adding this to the lineup or not? I personally like the theme..seems like the code build is improving and owners are enjoying the game. Love to hear some thoughts.
Thanks in advance!

Kids don’t like any pinball. No matter what it is. My daughter has been playing this though on a semi regular basis. I think that’s more due to the quarantine than anything.

I would recommend buying what you like and just hope your kids like it too. Ime, even if they say they want a particular game, they won’t play it.

#3219 4 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

so, i hate to say it, but before tonight i had only played a couple games on .87. Tonight I noticed that when I shot the extra ball lane, it was advancing the left ramp/walkie talkie. is this normal? i checked the switches, and when sending the ball through the extra ball lane, nothing registered on the left ramp opto.

Normal. Read the .87 readme file for more details.

#3220 4 years ago

I really hope they plan on significantly adding or just overall re-coding the first Demodog mode. It's just boring. Three dogs on the screen. Hit a post target, receive an extremely mediocre sound feedback, dog disappears from screen, new dog appears. This goes on for 40 seconds. Can't stack a mode with it, can only waste a multiball along with it. Only other thing to stack is a Demogorgon mode, which I try to do, just to kill time. What really pisses me off about this mode, is the intro to the mode is fantastic. Also, the mode is supposed to be the part of the show where the people are trying to escape the lab. People get eaten, plus we get an extremely suspenseful hide and seek sequence as Paul Riser(can't remember character's name) guides Bob out of the building. If they could integrate scenes and callouts with this mode, along with better sounds and music, it would be fantastic. I'm losing faith in this game.

#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Normal. Read the .87 readme file for more details.

Thanks, I missed
"Added logic to allow the left lane target to spot/advance a mode start shot."
Buried down in the file.

#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I'm losing faith in this game.

That was quick. Haha

FYI if you start a mode before demo dog, you can stack a mode with demo dog.

#3223 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That was quick. Haha
FYI if you start a mode before demo dog, you can stack a mode with demo dog.

Yeah, I know. But sometimes I accidently start it before a mode, usually off a missed shot or flip off the fly from the targets. But, because it is longer than every mode, it is still running when the mode is over.

On an entirely different subject, didn't there used to be an animation of the spinning arcade sign projected over the right ramp?

#3224 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

On an entirely different subject, didn't there used to be an animation of the spinning arcade sign projected over the right ramp?

I only saw that in promo videos. I like the mode timer being there.

#3225 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I only saw that in promo videos. I like the mode timer being there.

For sure, the mode time is great being there. But would like to see the arcade come back. Maybe just pop up there during attract mode or briefly at the beginning of Arcade hunt.

#3226 4 years ago

Yeah id like to see that screen used at all times instead of just the modes.

#3227 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Thanks in advance!

My son is 9 and enjoys playing it. He has also watched the first 4 episodes of season 4 so he knows a good bit of what the show is about. The imagery is a bit much for him especially when Barbs face comes up after the wheres barb mode. That one in particular is disturbing to him as he's not seen that bit in the show yet. I turned on the adult content filter but that was not one of the things they changed and I hope they do look at that in the future. We've determined that for my son it will be a year or two before he watches the rest of the show. It's a bit too intense so could be for your 5 year old as well.

I also have a Munsters (panned a lot here on pinside) but it is my son's favorite machine to play. Knowing how much people hated it here I still bought it as my family loved the theme.

My son loves pinball and has his favorites for sure. He's played in leagues and done very well in one of the local tournaments so take that for what it is. Some of his favorite machines include Addams Family, Road Show, Attach from Mars, Space Station over our F-14 somehow, and Iron Maiden. He's really good at Iron Maiden somehow. I don't fully understand that game lol.

#3228 4 years ago

Just updated to the latest code on my LE, and installed the Uv kit. I have a lot of machines and I'm just having a really hard time getting into this one. I want to love it,I love the theme. But it just feels like something is missing? Is anyone else experiencing this? Maybe more code updates will improve it? Is there anyone absolutely in love with this machine that has a large collection?

#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have 17 machines and only buy games I like so I don’t have this issue sorry.

#3230 4 years ago

Haha I didn't say I was going to be selling it.
Just dosen't have that wow factor for me and was curious if I was the only one.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#3231 4 years ago

I probably should have been more specific as well, I was primarily comparing it to other newer Stern machines made in the last decade. My bad, I wasn't trying to Compare it to older 70,s and 80,s machine's.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#3232 4 years ago

It’s like guardians. Solid, but not going to be the best game ever. Only one game can do that.

It’s a nice complement to my other dmds (GOT, fastbreak, and WCS)

#3233 4 years ago

We will see in 6 months to a year when the code gets more mature. But I don’t see a ruleset the likes of JP Madien GOT SW happening here. Something closer to Guardians DP(not Lonnie is know) Aero KISS or other Lonnie games.

#3234 4 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

Where did you get that awesome translite or is it custom made?

Thanks!
I made it custom. 2 layers like scared stiff and the mindflayer background glows on and off ...its so nice.
Cab I stripped old decals, only touched up corners and added custom decals. Also changed hardware etc, satin cleared all black parts, added more internal corner bracing.

20200131_171803 (resized).jpg20200131_171803 (resized).jpg20200131_171820 (resized).jpg20200131_171820 (resized).jpg20200214_182309 (resized).jpg20200214_182309 (resized).jpg
#3235 4 years ago

Has anyone thought of (or actually already offering a mod) changing the decals on the main "screen" on the pro? I've seen ones for the back/"ramp" side, but not the actual screen side. I know thematically it probably makes the most sense to have the institute building, but I think the ouija board wall, or even a spooky woods scene would look much better and still make sense in the context of hiding/revealing the demogorgan. It seems like the ouija board wall scene is one of the "default" projections on the prem/LE and it looks great. I'm sure it would work well on the pro too. Anyone seen or tried anything like that yet?

#3236 4 years ago

That would be a nice option. I have played around with some ideas here and even thought of a thin 3d print layer and graphic combined initially but then mezel showed one so have been waiting for his to see cost and finished product.
Havent fitted uv kit yet so not sure if the factory one has uv ink or not.

I was thinking a mindflayer glowing like my translite back panel, or the lab entrance to the upside down scene.

Im experimenting with some diffetent materials for metsl ramp decals at the moment to hold up on ball wear.
This is for lots of my pins to mod.

#3237 4 years ago

New graphics that could even utilize the uv kit to have two different graphics in there would be awesome. I was kinda hoping we would see something on the ramp with the uv kit. I like the idea of the light board for that area.

#3238 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

pimp the pro was my choice...and loving it![quoted image]

That looks incredible!!!! Mirror blades look amazing on that design.

#3239 4 years ago

Disabled the TK lock/post and put up GC along with my highest combos yet...coincidence? Flows so much better, almost feels like cheating lol

#3240 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Disabled the TK lock/post and put up GC along with my highest combos yet...coincidence? Flows so much better, almost feels like cheating lol

No doubt that left ramp is a lot easier with the TK lock disabled as weak or and especially backhand shots will make it that didn't before. Some people prefer an easier game - each to their own.

#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’m not cheating and my high is just shy of a billion. Where you guys at? Pro or Prem either way.

#3242 4 years ago

I wipe my scores regularly and I feel like I'm really hampered by the fact that I can't hit the demo shot reliably. Guess it will be a while now before we see the replacement ramp kits. My high scores have to come through the modes and TK/Isolation multiballs. Early software also had that mega bonus capability so my top on the first software was 439 mil. Then once the demo was damageable my gc was much lower at 310mil. With the latest software my scoring has gone back up and my gc is currently at 414. Still can't hit the demo to save my life but I give it a good go. It's quite dangerous to go for as the ricochets are really unpredictable.
IMG_20200407_232741111 (resized).jpgIMG_20200407_232741111 (resized).jpg

#3243 4 years ago

Yeah I must be lucky. If I don’t make the mouth (I’m pretty good at it/that’s what she said), it runs off the right side of the demo, comes out the burn it back loop to a perfect dead bounce off the left flipper to a controlled shot from the right flipper. 99% of the time.

#3244 4 years ago

Pro owner here and I’m starting to get the hang of the rules. I love to hit the super jackpot in telekinesis multiball after I lock a ball for double jackpot, 2x running, and a combo in to double the super and see that 48 million pop up on the screen. The Demogorgon modes are fun, especially once you make it to the 4th “Run Will”.

6A766A55-20BB-404C-9084-A9B32BD50284.jpeg6A766A55-20BB-404C-9084-A9B32BD50284.jpegCB473971-1CE7-40CD-8FB4-A0EBE8FDB078.jpegCB473971-1CE7-40CD-8FB4-A0EBE8FDB078.jpeg
#3245 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I must be lucky. If I don’t make the mouth (I’m pretty good at it/that’s what she said), it runs off the right side of the demo, comes out the burn it back loop to a perfect dead bounce off the left flipper to a controlled shot from the right flipper. 99% of the time.

It's almost better to not try for the mouth with mine (hehe). A wide shot ends in the more controllable drop down to the burn it back. Otherwise a dead on shot will usually hit the glass or come flying back at you as the top mouth flap seems to grab the ball and throw it at you.

#3246 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

No doubt that left ramp is a lot easier with the TK lock disabled as weak or and especially backhand shots will make it that didn't before. Some people prefer an easier game - each to their own.

I’m far from wanting an “easier” game. I would like a shot to count if I hit it though...It now plays similar to the Pro with the LE bells and whistles. I am ok with that!

#3247 4 years ago

I turned down the power on my flipper coils to 225. This helps with the airballs and it also made backhanded shots to the left ramp more challenging, you can still make it but once the coils warm up it has to be a perfect shot.

#3248 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

It's almost better to not try for the mouth with mine (hehe). A wide shot ends in the more controllable drop down to the burn it back. Otherwise a dead on shot will usually hit the glass or come flying back at you as the top mouth flap seems to grab the ball and throw it at you.

HIGHLY recommend turning down the power on your flippers. 240 on right and 235 on left. You should have zero glass hits at any point if your flipper power is dialed down.

Especially on the pro. No reason to have either flipper juiced.

#3249 4 years ago

Anyone else reached final showdown yet? I’ve been 3 times and it would be nice to have the final 3 wizard modes coded in the next update.

#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone else reached final showdown yet? I’ve been 3 times and it would be nice to have the final 3 wizard modes coded in the next update.

I dont play anymore to my stranger... im waiting more code... very disappointed of the last update... i hope that the real code 1.0 wont be available in December....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.