IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 449.
#3151 4 years ago

Highly doubt stern will help or fix but the telekinesis lock is about to push me to sell this game. What an absolutely garbage mech. Forget trying to tighten or work on the mech under the ramp what a nightmare. Turning it off, game May or may not make the final cut I hate turning a piece of shit mech off that is one of the selling features of the game

#3152 4 years ago

Have you had any success with adjusting it? Does it never work, or is it money to start a session then gets worse the more the game gets played?

#3153 4 years ago

I was going to ask him the same questions ...

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you had any success with adjusting it? Does it never work, or is it money to start a session then gets worse the more the game gets played?

Yeah it works about as consistently as anyone’s can. I don’t know anyone personally that hasn’t been completely annoyed by the mech. I’d say it’s a 6/10 working. Tried many many many adjustments to the point I’m over it. It’s a mixture of as the game goes on the flippers lose a little snap and unless it’s a completely perfect shot sometimes even early

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Yeah it works about as consistently as anyone’s can. I don’t know anyone personally that hasn’t been completely annoyed by the mech. I’d say it’s a 6/10 working. Tried many many many adjustments to the point I’m over it. It’s a mixture of as the game goes on the flippers lose a little snap and unless it’s a completely perfect shot sometimes even early

Try a weaker extension spring for the flipper mech. That helped me a lot. The ones stock are very strong and my theory is it’s causing the flipper to work too hard to flip after long periods of play. While mine is not absolutely perfect I played for 3 plus hours over the weekend and I was still able to lock balls even during MB for 2x and 3x playfield.

#3156 4 years ago

I'm not having any issue with my lock, everytime I hit it with enough power it works. Not sure if I've ever been able to backhand it with the left flipper though

After the update it sometimes locks the first ball without lock being lit and then drops it, but that could be unrelated to code.

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

I'm not having any issue with my lock, everytime I hit it with enough power it works. Not sure if I've ever been able to backhand it with the left flipper though
After the update it sometimes locks the first ball without lock being lit and then drops it, but that could be unrelated to code.

Mine would do this to and the only thing i could come up with was that the ball hit the arm just right and kind of flew up the wall and it grabbed it.

#3158 4 years ago

Highly doubt stern will help or fix but the telekinesis lock is about to push me to sell this game. What an absolutely garbage mech. Forget trying to tighten or work on the mech under the ramp what a nightmare. Turning it off, game May or may not make the final cut I hate turning a piece of shit mech off that is one of the selling features of the game

Love the game and have the same issues... the extension rod is timed horribly.

#3159 4 years ago

I’ve gotten lucky with the mech thus far

I hate that frustration. That piece of garbage Sarcophagus mech on IMDN made me sell it!

Well, my Demo is working like a charm now

I see scoring went way down. I nailed 3 shots in a row on second Demo mode, 3 rd one before the ramp lifted and got some
Weak score?

Hey Chuck I’ve got my right ball lane feed coming to the left flipper for now so I’ll take it!

#3160 4 years ago

Demo mode 2 rules:

Hurry up starts at 5mm. Hit the mouth to lock in value. Min value is 500k. Hit mouth again to collect similar value and raise the ramp to light all major shots for jackpots.

The value of the jackpots is based on the hurry up collect of the first mouth shot.

Collect all jackpots to bring back down the ramp for another hurry up for SJP. Not sure how that value is determined but I think it’s all the jackpots you collected plus 10-15mm.

You collect it, it locks in the value and you can collect it again then it goes back to the jackpot phase at the same value it was before I think maybe with a small boost.

My best in this mode is just under 300mm

Demo mode 3 rules:

Just like demo mode 1 but three demos to kill instead of one. Bullseye mouth shots are 30mm each. So double scoring full value of that mode is 180mm.

The next two demo modes are multiballs, but not sure it’s worth talking about them (spoilers) and I think they aren’t finished yet.

#3161 4 years ago

The song Soldier from stranger things season 2 soundtrack would be perfect for Monster Hunting mode

In the show that's the song they play whenever they are gearing up to take on the mind flayer

#3162 4 years ago

I’m in

C4DD63AF-72C1-49E7-9B08-24C25DAB6A97 (resized).jpegC4DD63AF-72C1-49E7-9B08-24C25DAB6A97 (resized).jpeg
#3163 4 years ago

ok so.... I just ran across what could be construed as a rule conflict/irregularity. short story is that I had demo ramp down, then started Monster Hunter mode. Of course the first goal of the MH mode is to bang away at the center drops, and since the ramp was down um couldn't quite do that.

anyway think this is 'bug email to stern' worthy, or just one of those whatever type things about the game?

(edit: running .87)

#3164 4 years ago

So how do you know when you finish a demo dog mode? Seems like you bash the drops to get through that mode but every time I think I’m close to finishing it the Demogorgon mode starts. Having a blast and my wife loves this game, it really has that one more game feeling.

#3165 4 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

ok so.... I just ran across what could be construed as a rule conflict/irregularity. short story is that I had demo ramp down, then started Monster Hunter mode. Of course the first goal of the MH mode is to bang away at the center drops, and since the ramp was down um couldn't quite do that.
anyway think this is 'bug email to stern' worthy, or just one of those whatever type things about the game?
(edit: running .87)

Yeah you shouldn’t be able to start that mode during a demo mode. I’m sure they will fix it. Definitely email them. Everyone email them at any point you think you found a bug. Everything is worthy.

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

So how do you know when you finish a demo dog mode?

Demo dog mode 1:

Just hit as many stand ups in the time allotted. There’s no way to finish it unless the timer runs out.

Demo mode 2:

Ends after hitting both orbits

Demo mode 3:

All shots are lit. I’ve never hit them all, but I assume it ends once you do.

#3167 4 years ago

Installed the Stern UV kit and side mirror blades at the same time and its amazing.
May have been stated in the last 10 pages I have not read but I cant recommend this add on enough.
My pro is really starting to come together cant wait for some more updates.

#3168 4 years ago

Yep. Looks like we’re going to get at least one update per month until this is finished. Excited to see what’s in store.

#3169 4 years ago

Definitely seeing more bugs. Somehow got upside down while I was in the last monster hunting shot and the drops did not come back up to hit. Of course I missed the mouth and couldn't finish the mode in time to bring the drops back up.

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Installed the Stern UV kit and side mirror blades at the same time and its amazing.
May have been stated in the last 10 pages I have not read but I cant recommend this add on enough.
My pro is really starting to come together cant wait for some more updates.

I know you got some mods in the work what are they lol

#3171 4 years ago

Really one more major one minor that is if my box shows up this week that I ordered in Feb. I will show it on my news letter and here once I have in volume.

#3172 4 years ago

Check these out!

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=stranger+things&post_type=product

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#3173 4 years ago

Would you recommend mirror blades with the UV kit?

Or is it distracting? I find it harder to play with mirror blades sometimes and am waiting for the stern side blades to come out

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Would you recommend mirror blades with the UV kit?
Or is it distracting? I find it harder to play with mirror blades sometimes and am waiting for the stern side blades to come out

They are out little shop of games has them in stock ready to order.

#3175 4 years ago

I finally made it to total isolation mode and got 150 million.

Getting better at hitting the ramps and doing slide saves. I haven't got the hang of nudging upwards feels weird to me although that's what I read is best for bouncing the ball out of the outlane.

#3176 4 years ago

What’s the consensus on shaker motors for this, I have a pro and I ended up loving this game. Does it add anything/worth the cost?

#3177 4 years ago

Hard for me to say on the shaker as I’ve had it since day one. But as always it adds to the experience. I’m sure it will be tweaked as the code is updated.

Number one mod for this game is a powered sub and upgraded speakers.

#3178 4 years ago

Got to Total Isolation for the first time last night.
121,200,000 for the mode & 318,090,640 for the game. Really starting to get the game.

#3179 4 years ago

"This machine seems like a drain monster. pretty frustrated right now, to the point where it's not much fun to play."

Pre-Covid we (Riverside Game Lab) were doing about $250/week on Stranger Things Pro. It's been our top money maker of 21 pins since the day we put it in. Beats JP, JJP WW, DP, SW, IM and others. It also has the shortest ball times and shortest game times.

With that said.... If you want longer ball times adjust your outlane post (close them for home play), extend ball save time, switch to 5 ball games, adjust your tilt, increase extra balls. When you get a little better remove some adjustments and slowly make it harder.

At home make it fun but challenging. On location make it fun and an earner.

Lastly, once Covid shut down the arcade I brought ST Pro home to my private arcade. The only adjustment I made was the outlane post (and dialed it in with loop shots going to flippers, etc. but that's different topic).

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

"This machine seems like a drain monster. pretty frustrated right now, to the point where it's not much fun to play."
Pre-Covid we (Riverside Game Lab) were doing about $250/week on Stranger Things Pro. It's been our top money maker of 21 pins since the day we put it in. Beats JP, JJP WW, DP, SW, IM and others. It also has the shortest ball times and shortest game times.
With that said.... If you want longer ball times adjust your outlane post (close them for home play), extend ball save time, switch to 5 ball games, adjust your tilt, increase extra balls. When you get a little better remove some adjustments and slowly make it harder.
At home make it fun but challenging. On location make it fun and an earner.
Lastly, once Covid shut down the arcade I brought ST Pro home to my private arcade. The only adjustment I made was the outlane post (and dialed it in with loop shots going to flippers, etc. but that's different topic).

As the King SR would say, Play Better!!!

Just move the outlanes to the middle; this game is ultimate risk/reward...I don't find it cheap like TWD or SW

#3181 4 years ago

Does anyone have the Shooter Rod Mod in stock??

I'm looking to get that with the UV kit and some side blades.

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

What’s the consensus on shaker motors for this, I have a pro and I ended up loving this game. Does it add anything/worth the cost?

It's decent in this game; not earth shattering, but I would miss it if I took it out.

What about the UV Kit?? Is it a must add??

#3183 4 years ago

IMHO the UV kit is essential. Love it and couldn't imagine the game without it

#3184 4 years ago

Just went on sterns website to check if the UV kit is in stock. It doesn’t say either way. So does that mean it’s in stock then ?

#3185 4 years ago

This blows my mind at times and probably why i love this game so much, but I swear the Demo will shift back ever so slightly the more games you play, making it more difficult to hit as you go!

I'll turn the machine on and hit that shot on the fly, cradle, etc. boom boom, then it might start getting a bit harder 10 games in or so? Maybe its my imagination!!! Crazy, but i LOVE this game and the shots!

#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This blows my mind at times and probably why i love this game so much, but I swear the Demo will shift back ever so slightly the more games you play, making it more difficult to hit as you go!

Imo the flipper power is suffering over long periods of play. Hence why the magnet lock progressively gets harder to make as time goes on. Just a theory though.

#3187 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Just went on sterns website to check if the UV kit is in stock. It doesn’t say either way. So does that mean it’s in stock then ?

when you go to check out, the site will tell you if its available or out of stock. i've been banging away at trying to get a shaker for my machine to no avail. anyway, if the UV kit is available, it'll let you move thru payment.

#3188 4 years ago

Little ship of games in Florida has a bunch of the UV kits if stern doesn’t have any.

#3189 4 years ago

The UV kit looks pretty cool. Has anyone installed a Premium kit on a pro? If so was it hard to do and do you have pictures of it ?

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

The UV kit looks pretty cool. Has anyone installed a Premium kit on a pro? If so was it hard to do and do you have pictures of it ?

The only difference is the metal apron I believe.

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The only difference is the metal apron I believe.

Which someone did say fits on the pro so you could do the premium kit on the pro and get the upgraded apron

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It's decent in this game; not earth shattering, but I would miss it if I took it out.
What about the UV Kit?? Is it a must add??

absolutely, it’s what initially sold me on the game if I’m being honest.

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

absolutely, it’s what initially sold me on the game if I’m being honest.

Nice. I’m ordering it.

Last question, is the Pinstadium UV kit just as good? It’s $100 cheaper

#3194 4 years ago

What does the button on the lockdown bar do?

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Just auto plunges the ball for now. I’m hoping they implement a video mode

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Nice. I’m ordering it.
Last question, is the Pinstadium UV kit just as good? It’s $100 cheaper

I have not seen the pinstadium but I could not imagine it without the plastics. The stern kit is worth the extra I think

#3197 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

nothing but launch the ball right now. No idea if it will ever do anything more than that. I think it's just stern standard practice now to have the lock bar button

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Last question, is the Pinstadium UV kit just as good?

I’ve seen both. Stern kit is better imo.

#3199 4 years ago

After a month, I wanted to share this... I put the premium UV Kit on my Pro and it is awesome. You will need two screws for attachment to hangers. Plus you will want to illuminate the apron under both sides. Get two sockets and two led bulbs. Make pig tails and solder to a GI light socket nearby. Then enjoy!

#3200 4 years ago

Goddamn, I just have to say how much I am loving this pin. I haven't played much pin lately over the last month or so with this craziness going on, but have been playing a ton of StH the last few days, goddamn!!! I love this pin!!

One last lingering question, I own a Pro; about to order UV kit. But keep having this lingering feeling that I should upgrade to an LE.

Thoughts? Has anyone gone Pro to LE? The obvious benefit would be the look of the pin; the LE is smokin'; but the Pro has the backhanded 11 ramp, which I do all the time; and I'm so focused on the shots, that I don't know if I would truly notice the projection; as crazy as that sounds, I am just so focused when I play this pin; it's unlike almost any pins that I've ever owned.

What do you guys think? Should I just fully pimp out my Pro with UV kit, side blades, and mods? Or go for the LE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/64?hl=ilushka85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.