StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 445.
#3101 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So, I installed the black diamond and I completely agree with you about the main screen being a vast improvement (sometimes the contrast is a little TOO dark in the really dark scenes). But even after rotating the drop target pieces to make sure they were configured right so that they "popped" more (and you were right...there IS a difference when you rotate it 90 degrees), they still kind of look a little dark compared to the screen above it. Not sure I'm completely a fan, but it is an improvement!

Boob did you go with the .8 or the 1.4 gain material?

#3102 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Boob did you go with the .8 or the 1.4 gain material?

My wife and I A/B'ed it with both pieces in two different configurations (doing the 90 degree rotation thing), and we both found the 1.4, in portrait orientation, to be the brightest. (The material seems to be a little lighter in color, too.)

If I get on my knees and look at the drops from straight on, they look amazing. But then I stand up...

It's funny how just a few degrees of angle can make such a huge difference. That being said, this stuff is infinitely better than the white crap.

#3103 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Pro owners are you happy with your decision or is premium the way to go?

This would be my "ideal edition" of Stranger Things.

- LE trim and pinblades
- Premium artwork
- Pro ramps (projection on the ramps is a joke)

I would not get a Pro, the lock and projector is worth the extra dollars.

#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Pro owners are you happy with your decision or is premium the way to go?

I have a pro and couldn’t be happier with my choice. Don’t get me wrong I do like the middle screen on the prem and le, but hate the way the ramps look. Nothing on the prem or le affected gameplay so I went with the pro this go around. Still love my TWD prem though!

#3105 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

This would be my "ideal edition" of Stranger Things.
- LE trim and pinblades
- Premium artwork
- Pro ramps (projection on the ramps is a joke)
I would not get a Pro, the lock and projector is worth the extra dollars.

Thanks for your opinion.

#3106 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Hey- I still can’t get the damn right loop to go to flipper either. Just bounces around like crazy. Please let me know if you find anything and I will do the same.

Outlanes are hard enough without getting some control!

I didn't get a chance to work on it but will tonight and let you know the results. I'm gonna bend the ramp inwards and/or replace the post rubber, mine is super thick.

Last time i took the glass off and tried to tweak and roll test it and made it better but not like the Chuck roll.

I do remember having to tweak the TWD shot out of the pops, had to be perfect but once dialed in it was great!

#3107 3 years ago

And for mine I actually made the post rubber bigger.

These pics may also help you in adjusting yours. Just match yours to mine. Haha
3A68390F-3013-47DA-B2CD-0968E32739D5 (resized).jpeg3A68390F-3013-47DA-B2CD-0968E32739D5 (resized).jpegA72F257C-078F-44FF-AE69-A61E902FA237 (resized).jpegA72F257C-078F-44FF-AE69-A61E902FA237 (resized).jpeg

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And for mine I actually made the post rubber bigger.
These pics may also help you I’m adjusting yours. Just match yours to mine. Haha[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, like i said, that blows me away, i'm baffled but i'm determined to figure it out tonight.

I appreciate all your help!

#3109 3 years ago

My post rubber helps for the sloppy feeds that miss the gate. Feeds it to the left lane guide for a clean dead bounce off that to the right flipper.

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My post rubber helps for the sloppy feeds that miss the gate. Feeds it to the left lane guide for a clean dead bounce off that to the right flipper.

Got it, i just haven't found the sweet spot for the bounce off of the gate yet. Reminding of TWD but i'll get it there hopefully.

Also, i'm pretty consistent on making the Demo shot off a cradle but its gotten really difficult and random otherwise. In your stream it seem somewhat the same way for you as well?

#3111 3 years ago

Yep. I’ll do an on the fly shot here or there, but I’ve pretty much only gone to cradle shots.

#3112 3 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

Selling Apron and some plastics if a pro user wants to upgrade there apron

$50 plus shipping

Bill

#3113 3 years ago

Just had my best trap em multiball at just over 275mm. That was nuts. They should add high scores for all the show modes and demo modes.

#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just had my best trap em multiball at just over 275mm. That was nuts. They should add high scores for all the show modes and demo modes.

Agreed! Maybe fastest Demo kill also..

#3115 3 years ago

So I've got a problem I hope someone can help with...

Ever since I updated the code to .87, when I start a Demo mode, the ramp doesn't immediately lower. I know the switch in back is triggered because the mode actually starts, but I have to hit a few drop targets and/or the mystery hole shot in order to lower the ramp.

I would think some switch got out of whack, but it literally started after the code update. And I know I installed the LE code (I just double-checked).

I'm flummoxed.

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I've got a problem I hope someone can help with...
Ever since I updated the code to .87, when I start a Demo mode, the ramp doesn't immediately lower. I know the switch in back is triggered because the mode actually starts, but I have to hit a few drop targets and/or the mystery hole shot in order to lower the ramp.
I would think some switch got out of whack, but it literally started after the code update. And I know I installed the LE code (I just double-checked).
I'm flummoxed.

When did you take out the ramp to do the black diamond upgrade? Sametime as when you updated code?

#3117 3 years ago

So the mode starts, the ball releases, and the ramp never lowers?

Does it work in test? All connectors for the ramp motor plugged in?

Sorry just saw that it lowers when you hit drops etc. that is weird. Not sure what’s wrong. I haven’t seen anything like this on .87

#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

When did you take out the ramp to do the black diamond upgrade? Sametime as when you updated code?

I didn't take out the ramp to do the black diamond upgrade. I just used a glass scraper to gently remove the old stuff (all in one piece!), then replaced it with the new stuff "in situ." I'm goooooood....

I tested it many times after the black diamond went in and it worked fine. It was literally after the update that it started happening. I'm currently rolling back to .86 to see if it fixes the problem. If it does fix the problem I'm going to download .87 again and install it again.

And why can't I do a quick install with any versions of code on my game? When I select it, it always gets stuck on "unpacking files." I've never seen that before. When I choose full install it starts immediately...and then I have to go make myself a tuna salad sandwich while I wait.

#3119 3 years ago

How do you complete/start ‘Light the Fire’ and ‘Send It Back’ modes? Is Final Showdown codex yet?

#3120 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How do you complete/start ‘Light the Fire’ and ‘Send It Back’ modes? Is Final Showdown codex yet?

None of those modes are in the game yet. Complete season 1 for light the fire, complete season 2 for send it back (might be the other way around).

Right now you’ll only be able to start those modes and get a 30mm point bonus. Then they immediately end. Never started final showdown so I assume that’s something similar for now.

#3121 3 years ago

Okay...it's not the code. My drop targets are having a problem retracting fully for some reason (a switch problem? a coil problem?). The whole bank goes down and about an 1/8th of an inch of the targets are still sticking up. It has to reset multiple times to get it to work. I'll start there and try to track down the problem. The ramp works fine in test.

#3122 3 years ago

Hey all. Stranger Things is now on my radar after I said no more machines for awhile. I lied oops... Question. Any side blades have UV print..OEM on the LE or aftermarket prints?

#3123 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Hey all. Stranger Things is now on my radar after I said no more machines for awhile. I lied oops... Question. Any side blades have UV print..OEM on the LE or aftermarket prints?

Uv ink on side blades probably won't look good since UV lights mount on inside edge of ramps.

#3124 3 years ago

I hope the Demodog modes improve with code. They are super long and unsatisfying. Just a thud and not much points. And a new dog just shows up on screen. Please coders, make it exciting!

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Uv ink on side blades probably won't look good since UV lights mount on inside edge of ramps.

Thanks Crile1. That makes sense.

#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I hope the Demodog modes improve with code. They are super long and unsatisfying. Just a thud and not much points. And a new dog just shows up on screen. Please coders, make it exciting!

The first one is okay, the second one might as well not exist, and the third one is by far the best. They can definitely be improved.

#3127 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The first one is okay, the second one might as well not exist, and the third one is by far the best. They can definitely be improved.

I wish they wouldn’t lock you out of mode starts once they start. If you have a mode running they will stack, but if you start then before a mood your screwed.

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I wish they wouldn’t lock you out of mode starts once they start. If you have a mode running they will stack, but if you start then before a mood your screwed.

Eh I’m okay with that. Adds strategy. You can still start a MB with them which is what you want anyway (especially the first one).

#3129 3 years ago

Hey, i'm fairly new to pinball so i don't know all the ins and outs yet or terminology. dropped 9k on the LE and while i am loving some aspects of the game there are a couple things that i'm finding really frustrating. from what i'm seeing in this thread you guys may be experiencing similar things. i'm thinking about making adjustments but not 100% on what to do. any advise would be appreciated. here are the main points of contention:
1. way too easy for a ball to be thrown to an outside drain lane. very, very often a ball drains on both sides with me never having even hit a flipper. just launch the ball and watch it drain. to the point where it will drain again immediately when it initiates a ball save! again not once hitting a flipper. just watch it drain. really?! thinking about dropping the pins that will close that gap a bit.
2. the telekinesis lock mechanism that is supposed to throw the ball up to the magnet isn't timed properly. often activating early pushing the ball back down the lane when it would have gone through or activating late and not getting the ball locked when it should have.
3. the lanes are really tough and rough to hit
4. the lower bumpers by the flippers are death. throwing the ball down the outside drain lanes without mercy. are they supposed to be like that?
5. seems like each update has only added more glitches and thrown the game farther out of sync.
6. having played a good number of machines at local arcades, this machine seems like a drain monster.

pretty frustrated right now, to the point where it's not much fun to play.

#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from FertileSpade:

thinking about dropping the pins that will close that gap a bit.

Lots of people do this. Go for it. Games that have a cross court plunge into targets like this can be dangerous right away. Star Wars is similar. It’s best to practice your manual plunge so that you can consistently get the ball on a flipper. Never let the game auto launch the ball. Best it by manually plunging. Learn about playfield validation. That always helps too.

2. the telekinesis lock mechanism that is supposed to throw the ball up to the magnet isn't timed properly. often activating early pushing the ball back down the lane when it would have gone through or activating late and not getting the ball locked when it should have.

Very common unfortunately. The best thing you can do it look over these instructions and follow them exactly without skipping a step.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

You’ll find out quickly this is not an easy game. Practice makes perfect. Learn to start the show modes and you’ll get an extra ball with every three modes that you complete.

4. the lower bumpers by the pins are death. throwing the ball down the outside drain lanes without mercy. are they supposed to be like that?

Yep. Learn to avoid shots or flipper moves that put the ball into the slingshots by the flippers. They are meant to put the ball out of control and kill you. If you want there is an adjustment in the service menus that allows you to reduce the power of them so they kill you less frequently.

5. seems like each update has only added more glitches and thrown the game farther out of sync.

I disagree. Although With every update it’s possible new bugs arise, this code revision is leagues better than what came before it.

6. having played a good number of machines at local arcades, this machine seems like a drain monster.

This game is not for beginners. It can be very punishing especially if you miss a lot. Practice makes perfect on this one and rewards accuracy more than most games.

When I was just starting to play pinball a lot, I learned to play on The Walking Dead. That game is also very frustrating and difficult. But I kept at it and it made me a way better player for it.

#3131 3 years ago

Thank you, appreciate your help. i expected part of the problem is my learning curve. i've gone from just mashing the flippers to trying to control the ball and make aimed shots in just the last few months. so maybe just part of my frustration is a growing awareness of what i should be trying to do. i can hit the ramps and get modes going sometimes but some nights seems like i can't hit one to save my life, and when you miss it makes you pay.

i have been using the auto launch and timing it for the skill shot, so i will definitely take your advise and start experimenting with the manual launch to avoid getting into trouble at start.

thank you for the instructions on the lock mechanisms will do.

i am probably going to look into adjusting the slingshots down a bit, while practicing avoiding them. thanks for the tip on that one as well.

again, thanks for the help

#3132 3 years ago

Hey, i'm fairly new to pinball so i don't know all the ins and outs yet or terminology. dropped 9k on the LE and while i am loving some aspects of the game there are a couple things that i'm finding really frustrating. from what i'm seeing in this thread you guys may be experiencing similar things. i'm thinking about making adjustments but not 100% on what to do. any advise would be appreciated. here are the main points of contention:
1. way too easy for a ball to be thrown to an outside drain lane. very, very often a ball drains on both sides with me never having even hit a flipper. just launch the ball and watch it drain. to the point where it will drain again immediately when it initiates a ball save! again not once hitting a flipper. just watch it drain. really?! thinking about dropping the pins that will close that gap a bit.
4. the lower bumpers by the flippers are death. throwing the ball down the outside drain lanes without mercy. are they supposed to be like that?
pretty frustrated right now, to the point where it's not much fun to play.

Keep playing and practicing. It will get better. MUCH better

Like Chuck says, it’s not a beginner pin and reminds me of TWD although not nearly as hard.

Play it for fun and it will start clicking

#3133 3 years ago

Thank you, appreciate your help. i expected part of the problem is my learning curve. i've gone from just mashing the flippers to trying to control the ball and make aimed shots in just the last few months. so maybe just part of my frustration is a growing awareness of what i should be trying to do. i can hit the ramps and get modes going sometimes but some nights seems like i can't hit one to save my life, and when you miss it makes you pay.
i have been using the auto launch and timing it for the skill shot, so i will definitely take your advise and start experimenting with the manual launch to avoid getting into trouble at start.
thank you for the instructions on the lock mechanisms will do.
i am probably going to look into adjusting the slingshots down a bit, while practicing avoiding them. thanks for the tip on that one as well.
again, thanks for the help

Welcome to Pinside and Stranger Things pinball! Stranger Things is an awesome pin, but it's a little more difficult than the average game. Those front drop targets are tough on SDTM drains and causing playfield dimples, so it's a tough pill to swallow for some people. My biggest problem is a skill shot that immediately goes out the left outlane, even once that gap is moved tighter. Hang in there and keep on experimenting with strategies. Extend the ball save in the adjustments menu and try to get the first Demo mode going before the ball save expires. Get control of the ball and try to cradle for your Demo shots. That's a good start.

#3134 3 years ago

For me it seems like a well timed nudge can really save the day along with the slap save cuts down on the SDTM drains

#3135 3 years ago

Followed the tk instructions and it’s still not really timed right. If the ball goes up ramp fast it works. If the balls goes up slowly the diverter drops it before it reaches the magnets.

#3136 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Followed the tk instructions and it’s still not really timed right. If the ball goes up ramp fast it works. If the balls goes up slowly the diverter drops it before it reaches the magnets.

Yeah I don’t think you’ll ever get it to go to the magnet on slow shots. Has to be a straight on shot and not sloppy at all. In those cases there should be virtual lock compensation for the missed magnet lock.

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I don’t think you’ll ever get it to go to the magnet on slow shots. Has to be a straight on shot and not sloppy at all. In those cases there should be virtual lock compensation for the missed magnet lock.

I think this is my biggest hesitation when pondering pro vs prem. That magnet is such a cool physical lock, but man, I love that left ramp on the pro. Backhand feels so good and the lock doesn't care how you shoot it. The projector looks great though (at least the middle). Can't wait to see/play one in person.

#3138 3 years ago

It definitely makes the game harder only being able to lock balls from a forehanded shot.

#3139 3 years ago

The virtual lock does compensate but all they had to do was have the rod extend for one extra second and it would solve everything.

#3140 3 years ago

Yeah I don’t know. If the diverter holds longer that could lead to the ball coming back down the entrance of it doesn’t make it all the way up and could lead to a lot of sdtms. Code is still super early on, so maybe they have ideas to improve the timing of everything.

#3141 3 years ago

There is definitely a bug with Save Will, if you get an extra ball before starting save will, when you do start save will it will light and give you another one. Ill have to report this to stern when i have time.

#3142 3 years ago

I've been noticing more and more the ball getting hung up on the spinner when shooting the left orbit. Only a perfect shot goes smoothly through the spinner. It looks like the angle is off as the spinner is not perpendicular to the rail possibly from the adjustment to have the ball not hit the sling. Anyone else having issues with that? I swear I'm getting more hangups now with the rail adjusted than before.

#3143 3 years ago

Got a picture of how the spinner is sitting in your machine? Maybe the bottom of the spinner is sitting a little too far forward and is killing the balls momentum.

#3144 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

There is definitely a bug with Save Will, if you get an extra ball before starting save will, when you do start save will it will light and give you another one. Ill have to report this to stern when i have time.

Send here.

[email protected]

#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got a picture of how the spinner is sitting in your machine? Maybe the bottom of the spinner is sitting a little too far forward and is killing the balls momentum.

It looks to me like it's parallel to the left ramp. It's kinda hard to show in pictures. I compared to my munsters which has a spinner nearly at the same spot and it is angled more towards the side wall. Seems like the ball hits it awkwardly on not 100% clean shots and then gets jostled up the loop loosing speed and comes back down. Definitely seem to be getting more of these shots lately. Not sure if it's the adjustment to the rail or all the beer I've been drinking due to home schooling a 9 year old...

IMG_20200408_205928090 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_205928090 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_205946143 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_205946143 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_210006989_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_210006989_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_210018955 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_210018955 (resized).jpg
#3146 3 years ago

Looks fine to me. I blame the beer. Haha

#3147 3 years ago

Could be

#3148 3 years ago

Stranger Things LE this game is really looking amazing after I added the new blacklight mod. With that being said why didn't Stern add this feature on at the factory. What am I suppose to do with an extra apron?

Obviously this was a feature planned from the start that eventually someone said 'hey lets sell that as a mod'.

Okay but why doesn't Stern allow you to order that from the factory the same way you would build a car from the factory. Stern ought to have a program on their website that allows you to build the game the way you want it, then as you check out, it asks you what dealer you're buying from.

Why not? Does Stern really think we want to dispose of an apron, and spend a few hours adding all these mods? Why not wait until the topper is done as well, order from the factory with the topper? Hey do you want shaker, side blade, powder coating, topper, new blacklight mod, upgraded sound system, whatever. Build your own bear so lets build our own pinball from the factory.

Sorry for the gripe just saying but I have to admit this game is really looking nice right now with amazing one of a kind features. We need some MONSTER MODS, KICK ASS TOPPER and we're ready to roll.

Kudos honestly to Stern this game really is a tech marvel!

#3149 3 years ago

Static (always on) or interactive!

#3150 3 years ago

Shameless plug for a charity stream I'm running for our local pinball arcade. Playing the LE while trying to complete objectives to raise money.

Twitch stream is at https://twitch.tv/dri374 on Sunday 8pm PST.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/63?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.