20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 445.
#2951 3 years ago

Hey everyone, just joined the club today with a Pro and it didn't take too much dialing in and it seems to be playing pretty good. Had a quick question for y'all though, if you rip that right orbit shot (the slingshot I think?) really well does it sometimes trigger the switch for the left orbit (the bike) as well? Noticed quite a few times where I would hit a really clean right orbit and I would get spotted a slingshot and bike and I doubt that is the intended behavior. Any tips as to where I should start troubleshooting if this isn't intended?

#2952 3 years ago

I don't remember having any issues like that recently. There were a bunch of strange spotting issues in the initial release. I'd make sure you are on the latest software first before doing anything else.

#2953 3 years ago

Yeah, I updated to v0.86 after I got the machine setup.

#2954 3 years ago

Praying for another code update!! Iron man released new one. Would be nice while in total isolation....(pun intended).

#2955 3 years ago
Quoted from monkyofdoom:

Yeah, I updated to v0.86 after I got the machine setup.

unfortunately your switch at the left orbit ramp is too sensitive. Mine was that way too. You’ll have to remove the right ramp to get to it. It’s in the back corner of the game right at the top of that orbit ramp. It’s a gate with a micro switch on it. You only want that to register when the ball is almost all the way through the gate.

Make sure to have the game in switch test and slowly push the ball through the gate so it registers at the last possible moment. That way it won’t register from vibrations the game has.

#2956 3 years ago

Thanks chuckwurt, I'll give that a look when I get a chance!

#2957 3 years ago
Quoted from monkyofdoom:

Thanks chuckwurt, I'll give that a look when I get a chance!

Fantastic avatar btw.

#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The stock speakers don't light up on NST LE. On BM66 they only lit up on the SLE version or if a mod was added to the base model. I think the only other Stern LE that has this stock is Deadpool.

Get Doug's speaker lights - they are fantastic.

#2959 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It was actually only the Batman 66 SLE that had the light up rings (not the premium of LE models) and as you mentioned Deadpool LE also had the light up rings.
Having said that....there are better options available than what those games offered from the factory.
351 different color / light transition patterns, DIY favorites list, adjustable speed and brightness. $75. Different color speaker surrounds are available for $22.50. Purple seems to be a popular color with the Stranger Things LE trim. I am out of stock on the purple surrounds currently, but I will have them back in stock soon.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

That look fantastic

#2960 3 years ago

Just had 400mm on ball 1 sitting on 2 EBs. Ended with 450mm. I’m not happy. Haha

#2961 3 years ago

So 2 big questions I have:
1. Is the left scoop eject supposed to actually go around the burn it back loop when it fires or people are just making that tweak to add an extra benefit?
2. Has anyone gotten or replaced their Demo ramp from Stern? I got mine sent and received finally but haven't even looked yet how hard it is to replace or if it actually does help make the Demo shot(which right now mine doesn't work for $Hi&, so I planned on trying it but hoping someone else could confirm difficulty of the swap and if it helped?

Here's to hoping for some more code soon and more Cleland sound added!

#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here’s my latest attempt to try and improve the consistency of my flipper power.
I had a Marco flipper rebuild kit and I noticed the extension spring they included wasn’t nearly as tight as the stern one. The spring and mostly gravity are allowing the flipper to return to rest. This may help my situation as the flipper now doesn’t have to work as hard to flip the flipper.
We shall see. Right flipper power down to 240 to start out and it’s been money so far (previously I had to keep it at full 255 power)

I have noticed the more games I put thru mine, it is very inconsistent. Thanks for the suggestion.

#2963 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

1. Is the left scoop eject supposed to actually go around the burn it back loop when it fires or people are just making that tweak to add an extra benefit?

Someone said Brian intended for it to hit the drops. If that’s the case then I’ve made this adjustment because it makes the game more fun.

Quoted from bemmett:

2. Has anyone gotten or replaced their Demo ramp from Stern? I got mine sent and received finally but haven't even looked yet how hard it is to replace or if it actually does help make the Demo shot(which right now mine doesn't work for $Hi&, so I planned on trying it but hoping someone else could confirm difficulty of the swap and if it helped?

Mine hasn’t arrived yet. It’s supposed to have instructions with it. Let us know how it goes.

#2964 3 years ago

who is the new ramp being sent to? Which versions of games?

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

who is the new ramp being sent to?

All versions. Stern mentioned that the first few hundred games that went out had messed up ramps. Contact them and supply your Serial Number and pictures of your ramp from the sides. They can tell if you need a new one.

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Praying for another code update!! Iron man released new one. Would be nice while in total isolation....(pun intended).

Me too. The code is pretty weak in this game so far. I'm hoping it gets some more depth. I'm sure it'll turn out awesome in the end.

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine hasn’t arrived yet. It’s supposed to have instructions with it. Let us know how it goes.

I'm not a good guinea pig, I won't even attempt it until someone else does and confirms it helps.

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm not a good guinea pig, I won't even attempt it until someone else does and confirms it helps.

The ramp kits have not shipped yet. I got a bare ramp from them but it's missing the graphics and instructions. Think one group was not talking to another on that one. They ended up having to design a kit for the repair and that's taken extra time. Last I heard it was in manufacturing but given the current situation my guess is months out before anyone gets one

After talking to Brian over email about the burn it back I put it back to hitting the last two drops and adjusted it so it 90% of the time comes back to a flipper. Going up the burn it back loop was causing too many easy extra balls for me so I prefer it the way it is. Game is more challenging.

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So 2 big questions I have:
Here's to hoping for some more code soon and more Cleland sound added!

I did a full write up with pictures on how to remove the ramp. The post is a few pages back.

Here is a link directly to the post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/50#post-5518302

#2970 3 years ago

I followed Dr-Willy's excellent write-up to replace my ramp with the bare ramp I was sent from Stern (I was bored). Post install, I did notice a slight increase in height the ball travels off the ramp, and I was about to play with settings a bit to more reliably sink the demogorgon shot, but I noticed the replacement ramp was longer than the original. It does not lower on top of the mylar on the playfield. About 1/16 of an inch to long. So...back to the original ramp and waiting patiently for the new design.

Thanks Dr-Willy for your write-up and stay safe everyone.

#2971 3 years ago

Any word on cliffy or similar for the kick out hole?

#2972 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Any word on cliffy or similar for the kick out hole?

Mylar has worked great for me.

#2973 3 years ago

Anyone know when the stern shooter rod is coming ?

#2974 3 years ago

When is tk lock supposed to pick up the ball. I have locked a ball and it doesn’t.

#2975 3 years ago

does anyone have an image of an English instruction card or actual gameplay instructions

#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Anyone know when the stern shooter rod is coming ?

No. They are closed right now.

Quoted from Ilushka85:

When is tk lock supposed to pick up the ball. I have locked a ball and it doesn’t.

When the left ramp is lit green for lock (green triangle insert in front of the ramp on the playfield)

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The ramp kits have not shipped yet. I got a bare ramp from them but it's missing the graphics and instructions. Think one group was not talking to another on that one. They ended up having to design a kit for the repair and that's taken extra time. Last I heard it was in manufacturing but given the current situation my guess is months out before anyone gets one

I did check the box I got from them and it is indeed a full ramp kit. It has the new ramp and then a full sheet of all the white screen decals for the game separate.

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. They are closed right now.

When the left ramp is lit green for lock (green triangle insert in front of the ramp on the playfield)

So I’m activating ball lock. And getting game to say ball 1 locked. But it’s not picked up by tk.

With glass off it doesn’t pickup either unless the ball is going really really fast up ramp.

Any ideas ?

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So I’m activating ball lock. And getting game to say ball 1 locked. But it’s not picked up by tk.
With glass off it doesn’t pickup either unless the ball is going really really fast up ramp.
Any ideas ?

I need more info. Is the diverter moving over to allow the ball to travel up that diverter to the magnet on the backboard?

#2980 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need more info. Is the diverter moving over to allow the ball to travel up that diverter to the magnet on the backboard?

Diverter moves towards back board as soon as ball enters ramp.

#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Diverter moves towards back board as soon as ball enters ramp.

Okay then you need to go through all these adjustments and make sure your mech is in spec with sterns checklist.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

If the diverter moves over and the ball doesn’t make it all the way up, that’s not right. That pdf checklist from stern will be the first step in improving the performance of your lock.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I did check the box I got from them and it is indeed a full ramp kit. It has the new ramp and then a full sheet of all the white screen decals for the game separate.

Interesting, for the pro's we only got the ramp. Pablo said the final kit should include the ramp with decal, extra hardware, and full instructions for doing the repair.

#2983 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Interesting, for the pro's we only got the ramp. Pablo said the final kit should include the ramp with decal, extra hardware, and full instructions for doing the repair.

This is what I got. No instructions either.... I guess maybe I'll give it a try this weekend
IMG_20200402_073236 (resized).jpgIMG_20200402_073236 (resized).jpg

#2984 3 years ago

I know some people hate pin stadium lighting. Their UV kit looks great for 189. Wondering how it compares to the stern kit

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I know some people hate pin stadium lighting. Their UV kit looks great for 189. Wondering how it compares to the stern kit

I’ve seen both.

Cons are pinstadiums need to be removed to lift the playfield, and it doesn’t have the apron lights or the plastics. Pros are it lights up the whole playfield and the ramps. Other than that, they seem to be about the same brightness which is plenty bright.

#2986 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I have a pinstadium in almost every game and I don’t have it in this game. Just for coding and future gameplay I suggest the UV from stern. Pinstadiums are an amazing product and I like them but this game I went with the stern product

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I have a pinstadium in almost every game and I don’t have it in this game. Just for coding and future gameplay I suggest the UV from stern. Pinstadiums are an amazing product and I like them but this game I went with the stern product

thx for the replies.

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

does anyone have an image of an English instruction card or actual gameplay instructions

Here you go. I got a couple of magnetic apron covers made up and use the one fitted to match my custom translite.

20200202_061545 (resized).jpg20200202_061545 (resized).jpg20200214_180533 (resized).jpg20200214_180533 (resized).jpg20200214_180539 (resized).jpg20200214_180539 (resized).jpg
#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Here you go. I got a couple of magnetic apron covers made up and use the one fitted to match my custom translite.

Are these magnetic apron covers for sale anywhere? What a beautiful mod.

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

One of the major problems with the pinstadium is you don't get the new plastics. They have completely different art on them that look cool AF when the UV is on.

#2991 3 years ago

Just got an email from stern about .87

#2992 3 years ago

a TON of changes and fixes.

PRO V0.87.0 - April 2, 2020
=====================

- Added speech to the Turn up the Heat advance/final shot awards.
- Removed an instance of a green screen during Break Out that was displayed
instead of the mode total.
- Fixed a display effect transition glitch that occurred at the end of Operation
Mirkwood if the mode was completed, i.e. the alphabet wall was visible for a
few frames
- Added logic to reset the Demodog targets after BreakOut is finished running.
- Added Operation Mirkwood mode completed speech to sync with visuals.
- Improved how long the Quarter Hunt "switch values grow" display effect runs.
- Fixed a problem with the blink rate of the 2nd Total Isolation Multiball
start lamp effect lamps.
- Fixed a problem in the 2nd Total Isolation Multiball where the shot
arrows did not show completed progress correctly.
- Now you are able to advance Burn it Back while Double Scoring is active.
- Now Double Scoring time can no longer be extended via a shot to the left eject.
- Now the left eject pauses the ball save timer during the Super Skill Shot
presentation.
- Fixed Where's Barb speech, i.e. Hopper should not be talking.
- Added speech to the Quarter Hunt threshold and Switch Value Grows awards.
- Changed Story Mode background artwork to reduce any load time hitches
- Added an adjustment for the number of "Spotted" Demodog Attack starts that
are allowed via a shot to the left eject. Default = 1.
- Changed the default number of "Spotted" mode starts that are allowed via the
left lane target. Default = 2.
- Now the spinner contributes more to awarded switch closures during Morse Code.
- Added a new display/sound/lamp effect to Quarter Hunt for shooting the
left/right ramp. Each shot to the left/right ramp raises the value of each
switch closure by 25K.
- Added threshold score awards to Quarter Hunt. Now 25 switch hits
score = 1 Million, the next 25 switch hits score 2.5 Million, the next 25
switch hits score 5 Million, and the last 25 switch hits score 10M.
- Removed an instance of a green screen in an Operation Mirkwood display effect.
- Changed the logic that determines which mode start shot is spotted via a shot
to the left lane target.
- Added an adjustment for the number for "spotted" mode starts that are allowed
via a shot to the left lane target.
- Added speech to the Lure Dart progress/completed awards.
- Raised the volume of the Operation Mirkwood start speech.
- Removed a black frame that occurred on the display during Operation Mirkwood
when making alternating ramps shots.
- Added speech to Operation Mirkwood.
- Changed the scoring for Operation Mirkwood. Now scoring increases based upon
making consecutive combo shots. Finishing the mode scores 10M.
- Added lamp logic to Operation Mirkwood to temporarily flash the lit combo
shots faster.
- Added Telekinesis Multiball progress to instant info.
- Added logic to allow the left lane target to spot/advance a mode start shot.
- Added logic to keep the "Bust Out" and "What's That" strobing center lamps
on longer when other modes/multiballs are active
- Fix a problem with the "What's That" strobing lamp sequence where a lamp in
the sequence was not being lit.
- Added logic to allow the left eject to spot/award a lit Demodog target.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ball to sit at the left post for 55 seconds while
the Mystery Spell of Protection display effect ran.
- Fixed a problem with the What's That center arrow lamp. The arrow lamp used
during this mode might obfuscate the same lamp being used during a Multiball,
Story mode or Demodog mode. Now, the lit arrow lamp will illuminate for any
number of modes/multiballs that are running concurrently.
- Fixed a problem with the Bust Out center arrow lamp. The arrow lamp used during
this mode might obfuscate the same lamp being used during a multiball,
Story mode or Demodog mode. Now, the lit arrow lamp will illuminate for any
number of modes/multiballs that are running concurrently.
- Fixed a bug where a shot into the Demogorgon's mouth did not compensate/score
the center lane award for "It's a Trap".
- Fixed a bug during Telekinesis Multiball where the 2X/3X lock timer would
prematurely count down during award presentations.
- Changed the volume of the Operation Mirkwood start sound F/X so it can be
heard during the Operation Mirkwood start speech event.
- Improved how Lure Dart art assets are displayed.
- Changed the volume of the Follow the Compass start sound F/X so it can be
heard during the Follow the Compass start speech event.
- Added speech call outs to the "Follow the Compass" mode.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong Follow the Compass sound F/X and Display F/X were
being activated.
- Added speech call outs of Nancy that are heard during the "Where's Barb"
mode awards.
- Added speech call outs of Jonathan and Nancy that are heard during
"Get Me Out" mode awards.
- Fixed a problem with Junk Yard, It's a Trap, and Demogorgon Ready arrow lamp
resources. The arrow lamps used during these modes might obfuscate the same
arrow lamps being used during a multiball or story mode. Now, a lit lamp
arrow will illuminate for any number of modes/multiballs that are running
concurrently.
- Now the Demodog mode's target/shot lamps strobe faster.
- Added the Left Eject to the list of available shots to award during It's A Trap.
- Improved the graphics in It's a Trap to eliminate display glitches.
- Improved the award text effect in It's a Trap.
- Fixed a bug where a Demogorgon mode/multiball would start prematurely upon
awarding the last shot of Monster Hunting or Get me Out.
- Fixed a problem with the size of the Get Me Out Video Awards that under
certain circumstances could cause the game to crash.
- Fixed a problem where Pop Bumper hits would cause a momentary display hitch
as a Pop Bumper background video starts to run.
- Fixed a problem where the game took a long pause before displaying the
Quarter Hunt mode start graphics.
- Fixed a problem where the score frame boarder and text were not appearing if
the accompanying background video was taking too long to load.
- Added/Reorganized/Renamed game play audits.
- Changed the minimum/max range for the AUTO light extra ball feature awarded
via Burn it Back. When set to AUTO the game periodically adjusts the number
of required burn it back shots needed to light extra ball. The default
setting is 11 shots and the AUTO range is now from 1-25 shots.
- Added Season 1 and Season 2 mode audits for completing a mode.
- Updated to node board firmware v0.58.0

#2993 3 years ago

I wish they would fix the syncing of voice to video during some of the modes. Their voices don’t match the movement Of their mouths. Especially during Bullies mode

#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I wish they would fix the syncing of voice to video during some of the modes. Their voices don’t match the movement Of their mouths. Especially during Bullies mode

give time, it will get fixed. I think they are more concerned with getting speech in modes that dont have any rather then making sure it matches the movement of the mouths 100% right now.

#2995 3 years ago

Looks like lots of changes in this code update. Will be loading it on our pro soon.

#2996 3 years ago

Anything different about downloading code from Macintosh.. its says not to copy folder? onto USB..
but instead update without folder into root of USB drive.. seems like before it was just download and copy onto USB
and update?

#2997 3 years ago

Streaming new code here in a little bit!

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Anything different about downloading code from Macintosh.. its says not to copy folder? onto USB..
but instead update without folder into root of USB drive.. seems like before it was just download and copy onto USB
and update?

Always been that way. Put the files on the usb only. Don’t download directly to the usb. Put it on the computer and copy the files over to the usb.

#2999 3 years ago

Thats what I thought thanks... Game so far looks great.. just the attract light show looks great.. and so far projector pretty visible with my usual game room lighting..Wish I had time to install UV light mod.. but I won't play right after dinner... so it'll have to wait..

#3000 3 years ago

Just played 3 games with the new code. I need to play it more but little disappointed so far. I was expecting more.

What are your first impressions?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.