IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 449.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think the code has a good amount of modes implemented right now after watching two streams.
It's NOTHING compared to BM66 when it first launched.
This is gonna be SUPER DEEP.

Even if the two mini wizards for completing each season were coded, I ain’t seeing them anytime soon. So it’s okay they are just place holders for now and is standard for a new release.

Yeah you want day one unplayable code, see B66.

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Played a few games last night on location. Would have played more, but the center ramp broke and was stuck down.
Has a good number of shots and seems to shoot well.
Unfortunately, it's not really worth playing until they get some code. It's so bare bones right now it is kind of pointless.
Looking forward to trying out a Premium/LE to see how the projector is integrated. I see potential.

I honestly don't understand this statement. There is a ton of theme integration and the base modes are well thought out and mesh really well with the show. Please tell me what code this needs other than polish. The core of this pin is here now from what I can see. My guess is what we see going forward is polishing what is there and I'd be very happy with that. I would love to know what more code means to you because I have no idea what that means

#253 4 years ago

Well right now the final three modes aren’t in the game so those definitely need to be added. Haha.

My point was that there’s a ton to do even this early in the code. I can see this taking a similar path to guardians and Deadpool as far as depth. That will be fun as hell.

#254 4 years ago

I am finding this game addictive as all hell...I had a 460mil game, updated code and for some reason the high score erased...I must have been On; because I'm having trouble cracking 150mil now and this machine is kicking my ass...I find I play better on this pin during the day; but it looks so damn nice in a dark room.

Over 100 plays already and zero issues; Demo shot is rather easy to hit, just have to line it up right; I hit it off the fly and non-trapped often, it's very makeable...Can't wait to see it develop as the code gets better.

#255 4 years ago

This is more like it, enthusiasm and discussion actually about Stranger Things.
Im never going back to that “other“ thread again. Some of those guys aint right.
Im joining the club even though I dont have the game yet, and I wont take no for an answer!
Havent even had a chance to even play one yet but I like what Ive seen and heard so far and I am a fan of the show, and as a plus it’s the first game my wife has really been interested in getting. Going to wait a couple months and see whats up with the Premium before deciding which model to get.

#256 4 years ago

Welcome! All fans are welcome here. Hopefully we will have a lot more action here once people start getting games and we see the premium or LE in action!

Once my LE gets here I’ll stream the hell out of it! Can’t wait.

#257 4 years ago

@chuckwurt:
Did Jesse ever find a fix for the demogorgon? I'll try to get down there on Sunday to play some more.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Should of called Game Room guys from Michigan. They have plenty in stock. I’m surprised Virginia didn’t have any. Weird.

I wanted to support my local distributor here. I have two other pins and can play one 15 minutes away so I can survive a few weeks

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

chuckwurt:
Did Jesse ever find a fix for the demogorgon? I'll try to get down there on Sunday to play some more.

Not sure any adjustments have been made yet. Still shoot and pray as far as I know. I have a beat on a fix to raise the demo a bit. I’ll report back when i know more.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

A lot of guys I know just keep the side with the game details and get rid of the rest, but up to you. If you have room to keep it, why not.

I just keep a picture of the side with the game details. These boxes are huge.

#261 4 years ago

I’m in for an LE! Distributor said mid February hopefully

#262 4 years ago

I’m liking what I see here. Any comments from pro owners on the game as is? I can only afford a pro at this point so would like to know how it holds up obviously only going on premium footage but as I understand it it’s missing the magnetic ball lock and projector.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I’m liking what I see here. Any comments from pro owners on the game as is? I can only afford a pro at this point so would like to know how it holds up obviously only going on premium footage but as I understand it it’s missing the magnetic ball lock and projector.

I ordered a pro a couple days ago after playing one at my local barcade. I believe it was running code .64, and I had a blast on it ! Which is why I decided to pull the trigger on my first NIB machine. Will be my 2nd machine. But first new one. I’m super excited.

#264 4 years ago

Update to 0.75 ASAP. 0.64 is pretty sparse on code.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

It's fun as all hell...I bought this and a JP2 within the past month; I love JP2, but have been playing Stranger Things non-stop...It's super addictive. I don't give a crap about magnetic ball lock, and projector, if the project is just going to replicate what's on the LCD. The layout is identical; and the flow is awesome.

Not saying the Prem/LE won't be awesome; but I can whole-heartedly recommend jumping in on a Pro now if you like the theme and like fast/flowy games.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Should of called Game Room guys from Michigan. They have plenty in stock. I’m surprised Virginia didn’t have any. Weird.

Unless you know.. you don’t want to pay full retail..

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I honestly don't understand this statement. There is a ton of theme integration and the base modes are well thought out and mesh really well with the show. Please tell me what code this needs other than polish. The core of this pin is here now from what I can see. My guess is what we see going forward is polishing what is there and I'd be very happy with that. I would love to know what more code means to you because I have no idea what that means

How many games have you put on this machine?

If you think the game is all there and just needs some polish, then I really don't know what to say to you other than I disagree with your assessment of the current game state.

My goal is not to crap on this game. However, Stern released the game so we have a right to review it in it's current state. The code is maybe half done, that doesn't make for a good experience in my opinion.

The people I chatted with while playing thought similar to me, that the game is a long way from being done. And, in it's current state, it wasn't all that enjoyable. Probably, because you can see the potential that is there. But, it just isn't coded yet.

If you look at the modes, the shots and what the code can be, then I think there is hope. Like I said, I think it shoots well. When the code is done, then it may well be as great game. I'm a big fan of Stranger Things (the show) and would love to see this game fulfill its potential.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from ZeroStrap:

Unless you know.. you don’t want to pay full retail..

Where u gonna get it where ur NOT paying full retail. Everywhere I checked it was at least 5899.00. Or in some cases, more then that. I don’t get what your tryin to say.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Where u gonna get it where ur NOT paying full retail. Everywhere I checked it was at least 5899.00. Or in some cases, more then that. I don’t get what your tryin to say.

That’s my point.. you don’t get it..

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from ZeroStrap:

That’s my point.. you don’t get it..

sooooo, help him out? maybe tell him your experience purchasing from your local distributor? id be curious myself what others are seeing.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

sooooo, help him out? maybe tell him your experience purchasing from your local distributor? id be curious myself what others are seeing.

THANK YOU!! I was curious too but felt stupid and didn’t want to say anything. I already ordered mine so there’s no backing out now.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

THANK YOU!! I was curious too but felt stupid and didn’t want to say anything. I already ordered mine so there’s no backing out now.

Call Trent at tilt amusements or Zach at flip n out. They will give you the best deal possible. Cheaper if you pick it up sometimes.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Distributors can’t advertise less than msrp. Talk to a distributor, buy a couple games, create a relationship, and you’ll find deals.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Distributors can’t advertise less than msrp. Talk to a distributor, buy a couple games, create a relationship, and you’ll find deals.

Absolutely going this route this time. Next game will be from Zach @ Flip n out. I got Metallica on ebay nib for 5600, but only because the only place close to me wanted 6200 for a floor model... I just couldnt justify that, especially with the mixed reviews of my only local distributor.

That said, ive heard nothing but good things about the 2 people chuckwurt mentioned, and both are in driving range for me which works out well

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

very much felt the same way, but the vast majority of people are very friendly to stupid people such as myself. i just got in last year to the hobby, and have learned so much from this site. very thankful.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

How many games have you put on this machine?
If you think the game is all there and just needs some polish, then I really don't know what to say to you other than I disagree with your assessment of the current game state.
My goal is not to crap on this game. However, Stern released the game so we have a right to review it in it's current state. The code is maybe half done, that doesn't make for a good experience in my opinion.
The people I chatted with while playing thought similar to me, that the game is a long way from being done. And, in it's current state, it wasn't all that enjoyable. Probably, because you can see the potential that is there. But, it just isn't coded yet.
If you look at the modes, the shots and what the code can be, then I think there is hope. Like I said, I think it shoots well. When the code is done, then it may well be as great game. I'm a big fan of Stranger Things (the show) and would love to see this game fulfill its potential.

I've played more than 4 hours on this machine on the latest code. Maybe the one you are playing on is not? who knows. Clearly the code is not complete and I didn't argue that or say it was. I said the core of it is there. It's at .75 now which means there is still 25% left to be done. Until I have one in my house there is no way I have enough quarters to get to the final modes that are yet to be complete. What is there is already quite deep from what I've played. The modes are quite varied and well tied into the show with good clips. I said they need polish but I like what I see and had a great time with it.

I'd love to hear some of your ideas on what needs to be improved (and don't say add the missing modes cause no one I've seen got deep enough into the machine to even see that stuff yet). Like how could the quarter hunt mode be improved? The find Barb? The operation Mirkwood mode? I've played through all of the season 1 and season two modes and seen one of the mini wizard modes. Honestly, I would really love to hear how these could be improved as all of this stuff is in the game already.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

If you call to a couple of the dealers (coin taker, flip’n out, Next Level pinball) you can normally get NIB games for $150-$250 under MSRP without any issue.

No credit card fees and dropped at your door for $5,600 for a JP pro before the $100 price increase that started the first of this year.
So I’m guessing you could get Stranger Things for $5,700 dropped at your door.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

So I’m guessing you could get Stranger Things for $5,700 dropped at your door.

If any distributors are reading this, my CC is waiting for you to PM me with this price. I'm your huckleberry.

#279 4 years ago

So I was told when my machine arrives, to ditch the stock pinballs in there and replace with some premium pinballs. Anyone recommend where I can get them ? I bought a set of titan pinballs for my SP machine, but they really didn’t look any different then the ones that were already in there.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I think the Demagorgan moves a bit on the PreLe.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I was told when my machine arrives, to ditch the stock pinballs in there and replace with some premium pinballs. Anyone recommend where I can get them ? I bought a set of titan pinballs for my SP machine, but they really didn’t look any different then the ones that were already in there.

I bought the carbon ones for my Munsters from here

https://ballbaron.com/

Munsters has a strong magnet so the carbon is apparently better for that. Seems to be. For stranger things I may try the Ninja ones.

#282 4 years ago

I saw a stream today from arcade hunters and noticed something I have yet to notice. There is a "Rainbow" mode with clips of elevens mom just repeating "Breathe. Sunflower. Rainbow. Three to the right, four to the left. 450.".

just epic.

#283 4 years ago
5C5E9F44-5139-48D5-AC8A-FEDB2749F300.gif5C5E9F44-5139-48D5-AC8A-FEDB2749F300.gif
#284 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think the Demagorgan moves a bit on the PreLe.

I didn't know that... that is cool. Maybe stretch it to a premium then

#285 4 years ago

My buddy bought a Pro and there's a number of problems. I wanted to diagnose an intermittent switch, but switch test mode in this game doesn't seem to work at all? Using 0.75 code. It says something like "press any switch to start" but does nothing when I press any switch. Am I doing something wrong?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

People have had the post for the ball lock on the left ramp come loose on their pros. If you have one, inspect that post to make sure it’s secure. I think it has a roll pin that holds it to the plunger of the coil. Make sure that is nice and tight and not slipping.

There is no roll pin. There are just a couple of dimples in the metal housing that the nylon post goes into. I took apart the assembly, and hammered the post into the plunger with a rubber mallet. No idea how long it will last, but it played fine for a couple of hours last night. Previously, the nylon post flew out like a missile.

#286 4 years ago

I think others have crimped the metal sleeve around the nylon post with a vice to make the grip stronger. May try that as well if it comes out again. I’d ask stern for a new one too while you’re at it to hopefully get a better one. They clearly got a bad batch of them.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I didn't know that... that is cool. Maybe stretch it to a premium then

Agreed. I definitely wouldn't discount the movement.

What would AFM or MM be if the ship and castle were static? I don't think anything in STH is going to be as dramatic as the castle, but for me, stuff like this makes a big difference.

I fell in love with pinball as a kid because of mechanical things that happened in the game. That was magic to me to feed the cannon and fire it in T2, for example.

#288 4 years ago

I had some time at work on Friday (ha-ha) to read at least 25 pages of the other post here on Pinside. What a train wreck of petty disjointed bickering. I had to discontinue wasting my time on the other post simply because of all the trivial nonsense. This thread (so far) is absolutely much-much better in terms of what a topic discussion should be. Please, let's keep it clean w/ what really matters > Gameplay tips, technical issues, mod discussion, etc. There's nothing worse than a handful of grown adults getting together & stirring things up simply because they didn't receive enough attention in their childhood. Peace!!!

Anyhow, I just placed an order w/ my local distributer on a STh's Pro. Looking forward to this title as it really seems to be a machine that's perfect for home-use. This title has an array of challenging features that truly make it unique. The horror/sci-fi theme w/ the playfield layout of a monster hiding behind a wall of drop targets is simply irresistible. Of coarse, bashing that creature is risk/reward but the payoff will be a pinball rush. Though I haven't played STh's, I do believe that this title will be a winner!

Looking Forward >>>

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I got a quote from RMV in pa. For 5299
Pm me and I’ll give you their number.

#290 4 years ago

I'm keeping my outlanes set to wide as it came from the factory...What's everyone else doing?

I had a breakthru game this morning; but other-wise, this pin has been handing me my ass on a platter.

I find that going for the drops immediately, works best for me; then line up 11 multiball, hit that and then the 2nd Demo mode which is a multiball mode. Getting multiple mysteries is key; and the 2x scoring.

I'm still unsure of how to actually get to 2x; I've done it multiple times; but am too lazy to look at a rulesheet...Plus part of the fun is just playing to find it...I love the hidden combos in this game.

#291 4 years ago

Well this arrived yesterday just waiting on pin to arrive

1F59FF9D-8E1C-4A78-9D01-ED0D8447835F (resized).jpeg1F59FF9D-8E1C-4A78-9D01-ED0D8447835F (resized).jpeg
#292 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm still unsure of how to actually get to 2x; I've done it multiple times; but am too lazy to look at a rulesheet...Plus part of the fun is just playing to find it...I love the hidden combos in this game.

Burn it back a number of times to like 2x playfield.

#293 4 years ago

This game is an ass kicker and I moved outlane in one click

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Well this arrived yesterday just waiting on pin to arrive[quoted image]

Yeah! I just ordered my shaker motor too! Along with a couple of cupholders for my machine. Next up, is the lighted speaker kit deluxe !! It’s gonna look so awesome once that’s installed. Hoping I won’t be homeless once the wifey sees it in the basement though. Haven’t told her I ordered one !

#295 4 years ago

Our game arrives tomorrow. A few interesting mods in the works that we feel are missing from the game.

#296 4 years ago

Just played the game chuckwurt setup. F the haters, I love this game and want to play it 1000 more times.

The outlane can ead though.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Our game arrives tomorrow. A few interesting mods in the works that we feel are missing from the game.

Protection is a must.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Please do tell!

I orrdered a Shaker From Pinballlife, and some Perfect Play flipper rubber. Is there a manual included with the game? Would love to know the whole rubber parts list.
Also, getting trim done in "Illusion Malbec" for the Pro. Wednesday can't get here fast enough!

#299 4 years ago

I'd like to do a rotating lit arcade sign, demogorgan arms and hands up in the air, moving Dartaniun critter, 3d overlay for the side panels and maybe centre if it works for the pro, maybe some cool mini festoon lights.

#300 4 years ago

Oh and a massive snow dome effect that gets shaken up when in the upside down!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.