IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 449.
#201 4 years ago

When will we see the premium/LE gameplay?

#202 4 years ago

OMG!! I just ordered the pro model from game room guys!! I’m so excited. Will be here the 13th. Had to setup delayed shipping because I won’t be home till then. But it’s considered done deal!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!! My first NIB MACHINE!!!! Oh happy days! I love this game after only playing it a handful of times at my local barcade!! It’s super fun. I can’t wait. But I think my newlywed wife is going to kill me. This is bittersweet!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

But I think my newlywed wife is going to kill me.

Chose wisely (resized).pngChose wisely (resized).png

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

OMG!! I just ordered the pro model from game room guys!! I’m so excited. Will be here the 13th. Had to setup delayed shipping because I won’t be home till then. But it’s considered done deal!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!! My first NIB MACHINE!!!! Oh happy days! I love this game after only playing it a handful of times at my local barcade!! It’s super fun. I can’t wait. But I think my newlywed wife is going to kill me. This is bittersweet!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

This is what it’s about right here. Congrats!!!

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Since you're a newlywed, your time is now to set the ground rules in the marriage, if not, you're gonna have a rough time later on LOL.. but really, congrats man, the wait for it to be delivered and when you first crack open the box is an awesome feeling !

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is what it’s about right here. Congrats!!!

Thanks man!!!

#207 4 years ago

Just ordered one for a friend of mine... anyone tell me how the game plays?

He’s a huge fan. FroM what I can tell it looks like a good game thx all

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Just ordered one for a friend of mine..

Looking for new friends? I’m available!

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Looking for new friends? I’m available!

I should have clarified....he paid ... I just handled the logistics LOL

#210 4 years ago

Stopped in at my distributors today to talk about Stranger Things LE.

Damn, I could not resist.

857F0FE9-0355-4F97-8834-E3AD815C6A68 (resized).jpeg857F0FE9-0355-4F97-8834-E3AD815C6A68 (resized).jpeg815E7A72-2323-4B81-896E-D56D086E38C8 (resized).jpeg815E7A72-2323-4B81-896E-D56D086E38C8 (resized).jpeg
#211 4 years ago

The sickness is real!! Haha. Enjoy!

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

nice - thanks!
I also like the apron cards that stern included instead of the dumb yellow price cards. The cards are actually nice with christmas lights around them - match well.[quoted image]

The cards they included are nice but I which they'd included pricing cards as well. Unboxed two for locations and had to print our own pricing cards...

#213 4 years ago

Probably one of the more odd questions, but is the apron lit on the premium? Or only the LE?

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Probably one of the more odd questions, but is the apron lit on the premium? Or only the LE?

I believe it is on the LE. And it’s metal.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

The cards they included are nice but I which they'd included pricing cards as well. Unboxed two for locations and had to print our own pricing cards...

I thought they included both in mine.... Could be wrong...

#216 4 years ago

Where can you buy a black blank metal apron to suit the pro please?

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Where can you buy a black blank metal apron to suit the pro please?

Did you check all the parts suppliers?

#218 4 years ago

Marco not sure, pinball life no reply yet

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe it is on the LE. And it’s metal.

I have never owned a Stern, is the apron plastic?

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I have never owned a Stern, is the apron plastic?

On the pro and premium yes. Premiums used to get metal but not anymore. At least the past few premiums I’ve seen are plastic.

#221 4 years ago

My son is at camp grandparents so my wife and I went out to Ocelot tonight and played for about 2 hours. I think the incline was adjusted as I was able to hit the gorgon numerous times tonight. Hit it on my first shot actually after probably 50 shots on the 31'st. Also got a chance to really go thru a few modes and we both had a ton of fun. My best score tonight was nearly 130 mil and it was a blast. I managed to line up the gorgon, telekenisis multiball, and randomly got the upside down at the same time. Super fun.

So I am officially joining the club as I contacted a distributor and put in my order. Check is in the mail and hope to see the machine soon.

IMG_20200102_185338 (resized).jpgIMG_20200102_185338 (resized).jpg
#223 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Just ordered one for a friend of mine... anyone tell me how the game plays?
He’s a huge fan. FroM what I can tell it looks like a good game thx all

It's badass...Thrill ride type of pin; the synth sound effects are dope. I just got this and a JP2 Prem, and have been pressing play continuously on the Stranger Things; it's addictive.

#224 4 years ago

I went in on a Premium they day of the announcement.

Good to see so much excitement.

#225 4 years ago

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the box is that it ships in? Want to make sure it will fit in my door !!

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

On the pro and premium yes. Premiums used to get metal but not anymore. At least the past few premiums I’ve seen are plastic.

My JP2 Premium is metal with the lighted inserts and based on the images on Stern's site, Stranger Things Premium looks as if it is metal and has them as well.

edit: the feature matrix says the Premium and LE have metal aprons.

#227 4 years ago

It is hard to say sight unseen but I have to imagine the projector works in a fairly well lit space. If not, a lot of operators who like to run higher end games (like myself) are going to push back on distributors and Stern for false marketing.

My guess is that it looks horrible in photos and videos. Projectors typically do as they flicker as opposed to something like a modern TV which has more static pixels with always on colors. (Not all modern TVs)

I guess we will all see in a month or so, but I’m going to join the “I think it could be cool” side even though I certainly have my doubts.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

It is hard to say sight unseen but I have to imagine the projector works in a fairly well lit space. If not, a lot of operators who like to run higher end games (like myself) are going to push back on distributors and Stern for false marketing.
My guess is that it looks horrible in photos and videos. Projectors typically do as they flicker as opposed to something like a modern TV which has more static pixels with always on colors. (Not all modern TVs)
I guess we will all see in a month or so, but I’m going to join the “I think it could be cool” side even though I certainly have my doubts.

I don’t think it’ll look that good in a well-lit space, but unfortunately for Stern it’s a really subjective thing that can’t really be demonstrated via streaming.

I guess the only useful hard benchmark is whether or not you can read the text? Other than that, it’ll be as good or bad as you want it to be.

#229 4 years ago

Who here saves their boxes once their machine is unpacked? Not sure if I should save mine or not. This will be my first NIB purchase.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Who here saves their boxes once their machine is unpacked? Not sure if I should save mine or not. This will be my first NIB purchase.

A lot of guys I know just keep the side with the game details and get rid of the rest, but up to you. If you have room to keep it, why not.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

My JP2 Premium is metal with the lighted inserts and based on the images on Stern's site, Stranger Things Premium looks as if it is metal and has them as well.
edit: the feature matrix says the Premium and LE have metal aprons.

Sweet good to hear. I thought when they ditched powder coated armor on the premiums the metal aprons went too.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I cut them up and use the big pieces of cardboard to help me move games. Lay them down in the truck or van and games slide around with ease.

#233 4 years ago

I use them to construct fort awesome and defend myself from enemies

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I transported a dead body in one before. Size was perfect, and weight seemed correct. Even the FedEx freight person who picked it up didn't question it.

#235 4 years ago

People have had the post for the ball lock on the left ramp come loose on their pros. If you have one, inspect that post to make sure it’s secure. I think it has a roll pin that holds it to the plunger of the coil. Make sure that is nice and tight and not slipping.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I transported a dead body in one before. Size was perfect, and weight seemed correct. Even the FedEx freight person who picked it up didn't question it.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

As a buyer of used games...the box wouldn't help my decision at all. (if that is what you are thinking) Obviously I am just one person, but in general they are sturdy games built to be moved. You don't need a box if you have moving blankets.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

As a buyer of used games...the box wouldn't help my decision at all. (if that is what you are thinking) Obviously I am just one person, but in general they are sturdy games built to be moved. You don't need a box if you have moving blankets.

Yes. That is exactly what I was thinking. Didn’t know if this would help the resale value if I ever decide on selling or trading

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yes. That is exactly what I was thinking. Didn’t know if this would help the resale value if I ever decide on selling or trading

Condition is king. If the buy cares about you having the box, they will probably be a pain in the ass to deal with. Haha

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Condition is king. If the buy cares about you having the box, they will probably be a pain in the ass to deal with. Haha

Lol. Right. This is going to be HUO, not on route, and I keep my stuff spotless and it’s also going in a smoke free home.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Best advice, rip it open, set it up, 30 minutes max and play the heck out of it. Have fun. Don't sweat the minor BS.

Check the balls, you might want to order some premium balls to replace those. Wax it every 500 plays or so and you are good to go!

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Lol. Right. This is going to be HUO, not on route, and I keep my stuff spotless and it’s also going in a smoke free home.

You’ll be fine then. Let’s see some pics when you get it!!

#243 4 years ago

My first NIB (and machine) was my munsters and I can totally understand the feeling. I had dreams for a month figuring out the perfect way to get the machine down the stairs as I wasn't so sure it would go lol. Then I watched many unboxing and setup videos online. In the end when the machine showed up the box was completely trashed with a massive gash in it so large I could pull the legs out. After working it out with the distributor I set it up and ended up keeping that machine as there did not appear to be any cosmetic damage. They said set it up and give it two weeks to see if anything is broken. In the end knowing I could get a completely new machine if I something was messed up relieved so much pressure that I just set the thing up and started enjoying it. Hoping this NIB will go much more smoothly for me so I can enjoy the unboxing tho Last I heard it could be a few weeks before I see mine. Hoping it's sooner

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My first NIB (and machine) was my munsters and I can totally understand the feeling. I had dreams for a month figuring out the perfect way to get the machine down the stairs as I wasn't so sure it would go lol. Then I watched many unboxing and setup videos online. In the end when the machine showed up the box was completely trashed with a massive gash in it so large I could pull the legs out. After working it out with the distributor I set it up and ended up keeping that machine as there did not appear to be any cosmetic damage. They said set it up and give it two weeks to see if anything is broken. In the end knowing I could get a completely new machine if I something was messed up relieved so much pressure that I just set the thing up and started enjoying it. Hoping this NIB will go much more smoothly for me so I can enjoy the unboxing tho Last I heard it could be a few weeks before I see mine. Hoping it's sooner

What machine did u order ? I got the pro from game room guys and it’s in stock.

#245 4 years ago

I ordered the pro from a local distributor and they apparently drop ship from stern. Not any in stock in Northern Virginia I guess

#246 4 years ago

Played a few games last night on location. Would have played more, but the center ramp broke and was stuck down.

Has a good number of shots and seems to shoot well.

Unfortunately, it's not really worth playing until they get some code. It's so bare bones right now it is kind of pointless.

Looking forward to trying out a Premium/LE to see how the projector is integrated. I see potential.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Unfortunately, it's not really worth playing until they get some code. It's so bare bones right now it is kind of pointless.

Unless you’re always completing one or both of the mode ladders it’s plenty fun right now.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless you’re always completing one or both of the mode ladders it’s plenty fun right now.

I disagree. But, if you are having fun, that's all that matters!

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the code has a good amount of modes implemented right now after watching two streams.

It's NOTHING compared to BM66 when it first launched.

This is gonna be SUPER DEEP.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I ordered the pro from a local distributor and they apparently drop ship from stern. Not any in stock in Northern Virginia I guess

Should of called Game Room guys from Michigan. They have plenty in stock. I’m surprised Virginia didn’t have any. Weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/5?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.