IMG_1391 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1389 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1396 (resized).jpeg
FcT6O3HXEAAEGVa (resized).jpg
screenshot.5272 (resized).jpg
screenshot.5271 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,601 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 433.
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Hey chuck, how has your ball lock been playing since you did the lube job on it? has it stayed solid?

Good enough that I haven’t messed with it since. Not perfect, but good enough.

Imo if you’re lubing anything on a pin, using anything but zoom spout Oiler is pointless. It’s way better than anything else.

#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Here is how to adjust your demo:
Change out the circled spacers to vary the resting height of the demo. (#20)
Add washers btw the bracket and the demo toy to tilt the demo forward, back, side to side, etc as needed to tilt the resting tilt/position of the demo, as necessary. based on the four holes and screws, you can adjust your shims/washers to tilt it just about any way you need to.
U can use the elastic band method to figure out where it needs to be, or use a slow motion camera to see where it is hanging up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it really just a couple screws through the playfield holding this mech in place?

#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Is it really just a couple screws through the playfield holding this mech in place?

Yes. But you’ll have to remove a lot more than that to get it out.

Well I take that back. On the LE mech there are two nuts underneath the playfield that hold it on, as well as one wood screw that goes through the bracket on the top side.

#2854 3 years ago

Had my LE for a few days now, made some adjustments thanks to chuckwurt video! Thanks heaps for this

Everything seems okay now except the Demo and the TK lock, like everyone else.

So my Demo shots are very difficult to make, but on the un-modified Pro recently I seemed to be landing lots more shots. It just seemed much much easier to get it in the Demo on the Pro I played compared to my LE for some reason???

Also the TK lock, sure it works. But even with the sweetest timed shot the TK lock only seems to work 50% of the time. Like most people it seems to clamp the ball, then when it releases the ball just continues around the ramp.

How is everyone else's TK Lock holding up? Does mine sound more or less reliable than others? I've checked carefully twice through the PDF guide and the measurements all seem within range. Although the main nut is tight, there seems to be a fair degree of movement up and down near the hex bolt/black washer (under the ramp) - I assume that's normal?

Such a great game...aside from these 2 pain points!

#2855 3 years ago

I took the demo completely apart, I loosened the nuts that allow the demo to sway back and forth so it moves more freely with less effort. Then I added a couple washers under the playfield to disallow the demo head from sitting back too far.

Now my demo is perfectly fine. If you practice you can make it all the time.

TK lock is still not 100% but it’s been holding up. I’d say I’m 100% until the game gets tired then I’m 50% or better.

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I took the demo completely apart, I loosened the nuts that allow the demo to sway back and forth so it moves more freely with less effort. Then I added a couple washers under the playfield to disallow the demo head from sitting back too far.
Now my demo is perfectly fine. If you practice you can make it all the time.
TK lock is still not 100% but it’s been holding up. I’d say I’m 100% until the game gets tired then I’m 50% or better.

Looks like I still have more work to do

Any idea what is actually causing it to pinch? Is it the right flipper tiring?

#2857 3 years ago

I’ve gone back and forth but if you set yours up EXACTLY like the stern pdf, that’s step one. Do not skip a single step there.

Put the flipper on full power.

When the game is cold you should get the magnet 100% of the time on clean shots.

Ime, when the game has been played for a while, the flipper loses power and after a while the pivot point on the diverter (100-200 games in) gets gummed up so it moves slower.

I’ve had the best results from making sure the pivot point on the diverter is clean and oiled up and playing the game cold.

I’ve rebuild the flipper once too. After doing that the ball came off the flipper like a rocket ship. But it appears that once the flipper loses any power at all from minor wear on the mech, it struggles to make the magnet. This is exasperated by the coil heated up and the flipper getting tired. You don’t notice this on the pro because the ball just needs to go around the ramp and the flipper needs little to no power to do that.

#2858 3 years ago

Alright hillbillies!!

Tournament again tomorrow!

12pm eastern to 12 am eastern time.

I’ll send out the special initials you’ll need to submit to verify you didn’t get the combos a different day. I’ll release that right before noon tomorrow.

Resetting your scores is not necessary, but I always do it just to start fresh.

Winner gets a Pincinnati t-shirt and if I can find the stickers I’ll send some too.

Good luck!

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright hillbillies!!

Tournament again tomorrow!

12pm eastern to 12 am eastern time.

I’ll send out the special initials you’ll need to submit to verify you didn’t get the combos a different day. I’ll release that right before noon tomorrow.

Resetting your scores is not necessary, but I always do it just to start fresh.

Winner gets a Pincinnati t-shirt and if I can find the stickers I’ll send some too.

Good luck!

I will give it a shot this time!

#2860 3 years ago

That’s what I like to hear! Who else is in??

My guess is the winner will have over 80 combos. What do you guys and gals think?

#2861 3 years ago

I’m in but I’m not sure about 80 combos haha

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’m in but I’m not sure about 80 combos haha

They add up quicker than you think. I’d say I average 60 plus on a good game. Just hard to tell right now outside of the LCD on if you’re getting them or not. Hopefully sound effects or lights are added in the future to signify them.

#2863 3 years ago

I will NOT embarrass myself by being in the tourney tomorrow. I've had the game since the LEs were released, and my high score is only around 224M. But I do have 3 questions from the Boob isolation chamber:

1. Does anybody have the ramp decal from Cointaker, and do you like it? My worry about it is how does it wear...and if you had to take it off once it is worn, I'd think it would crap up your nice metal ramp. Does anyone have any insight on this?

2. Does anyone else experience a delay when your ball drains. It seems to take a few seconds to register the ball before going into the bonus screen, and I don't think it's optos out of whack because double flipping or jostling the machine has no effect. Seems to be a code thing.

3. And speaking of which, does anybody else notice a delay before you can use the action button to plunge? I miss skill shots on the second target because I hit the button and it doesn't fire, but if I wait a couple more seconds, it will fire normally. Again, seems like a code issue. Just wondering if anybody else sees this.

#2864 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

2. Does anyone else experience a delay when your ball drains. It seems to take a few seconds to register the ball before going into the bonus screen, and I don't think it's optos out of whack because double flipping or jostling the machine has no effect. Seems to be a code thing.

Yeah I think this is normal. Mine has a delay as well.

#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I think this is normal. Mine has a delay as well.

Every so often during transition between modes or ball drain I get a weird blank green screen on the large lcd for about 2 seconds.

Anyone else get this?

#2866 3 years ago
Quoted from HighTower:

Every so often during transition between modes or ball drain I get a weird blank green screen on the large lcd for about 2 seconds.
Anyone else get this?

Yep.

#2867 3 years ago
Quoted from HighTower:

Anyone else get this?

yeah. seen it a few times

#2868 3 years ago

So finally got my projector working. This game is so freaking good. I'm curious to try a pro because I can't imagine the game without the projector. It's sooo good.

#2869 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So finally got my projector working. This game is so freaking good. I'm curious to try a pro because I can't imagine the game without the projector. It's sooo good.

Nah, you don't need to. It's like JP without the moving T-Rex and raptor pen, or GOT without the upper playfield and new code.

#2870 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I love my pro, and I’m usually a premium guy! Didn’t like the lock and the projector on the ramps so I went with the pro, and I’m happy with my choice.

#2871 3 years ago

Well i finally got to my braking point with my ramp lock and disabled it. I am enjoying the game so much better now with out constant left ramp rejects and sdtm shots from rejects.

#2872 3 years ago

Just finished streaming our LE on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/577260436). Love this game heaps but suddenly notice the DM was impossible to get in after usually getting about 90%. It didn't wobble as it used to when to coil fired. I had a look and is that coil supposed to be really weak? I can hold the post down with my finger easily during test fire. Should the DM sit all the way forward to back? TK lock works every time pretty much on clean shots.

#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nah, you don't need to. It's like JP without the moving T-Rex and raptor pen, or GOT without the upper playfield and new code.

Funny thing is I think the JP pro is just as good. The t-rex is cool but doesn't change the whole game like the projector does. Just creates a ton of ambiance. But if I knew how amazing JP was going to be I would've definitely have spring for the premium. That game is amazing.

#2874 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I will NOT embarrass myself by being in the tourney tomorrow.

All it requires is you play your game a lot today from noon to midnight. Why wouldn’t you do that? Haha. Then just report back if you have a game where you had lots of combos.

#2875 3 years ago

Here is your 10 character initials for the tournament today:

STH COMBOS

So unless your picture has these initials your combo champ won’t count!

Good luck everyone. I hope to throw up a stream later to see if I can get my best on tape.

#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I received my Pin Stadium UV kit yesterday. I am very pleased with the results. The ramps look awesome during the Upside Down!

How do you have yours set up mine is nowhere that bright? And I’m not getting anything in the middle? The top pic is yours the bottom is mine.
7B7AE6C1-DC51-432D-8EEA-E661819034C9 (resized).jpeg7B7AE6C1-DC51-432D-8EEA-E661819034C9 (resized).jpegB88BEBE1-59CB-467F-B788-1B58EAFCCB2E (resized).jpegB88BEBE1-59CB-467F-B788-1B58EAFCCB2E (resized).jpeg

#2877 3 years ago

in the club...

6M5A7103 (resized).JPG6M5A7103 (resized).JPG

so I've put on the latest code. Will adjust the saucer kick out and the loop feeds.

I've manage to hit the demo shot ok; and them magnet shot seems to work ok.

Do I need to check out anything else?

Neil.

#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

How do you have yours set up mine is nowhere that bright? And I’m not getting anything in the middle? The top pic is yours the bottom is mine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like you have the UV light setting on in adjustments. Is your GI up to 100%?

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

It looks like you have the UV light setting on in adjustments. Is your GI up to 100%?

Yes. I’ve been in contact with Scott at pinstadium and he has been great to deal with, I’m gonna send them back to him on Monday and he is gonna look at them. I was just wondering if there was something I could try in the meantime.

#2880 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Yes. I’ve been in contact with Scott at pinstadium and he has been great to deal with, I’m gonna send them back to him on Monday and he is gonna look at them. I was just wondering if there was something I could try in the meantime.

Here are some pictures of everything I did to install the lights. You may want to try another bulb. I used the bulb above the left kick out.

IMG_20200328_112228 (resized).jpgIMG_20200328_112228 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200328_112101 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200328_112101 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200328_112046 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200328_112046 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200328_112035 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200328_112035 (resized).jpg
#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from HighTower:

Got my LE today...any new pin day is a good day indeed.
Plays well but a few things I've noticed...
Seems a lot faster with never ending airballs compared to the Pro I'd been playing at the distributor - is this normal till it settles down? Pro seemed nicely bedded in without much airtime, but this minty fresh LE is all over the place, balls flying everywhere!
Dimples...the age old bug bear. Just a question though, either side of the main ramp seems problematic for airballs or rebounds, are people putting myler strips there? I recall on my other Sterns such as Metallica near Sparky's feet everyone recommended strips of mylar to minimise wear.
Likewise the kick-out on the left, I seem to be getting a high concentration on dimples almost like a small channel from rebounding down onto the playfield. Again, anyone recommending a smsll strip of mylar there?
Shooting the Demogorgan is hard to get a hole-in-one. Kinda don't mind that to be honest makes you need a good clean crisp shot on target to get it...for the regular punter I guess they could just keep bumping it 6 times.
The dreaded TK ramp shot with ball lock isn't too bad. Sure, if there's not enough power in the shot or its off the left flipper, it typically falls back down the ramp and SDTM. Doesn't seem as bad as some are experiencing but certainly not ideal. Will check the guide tomorrow on tweaking it and see if there's any difference.
On the flip side, great unique theme...UV kit is awesome, absolute must have for all models. Looking forward to where they take this one over the next 12-months.

I have mine at the recommended pitch and default flipper strength and yeah. Air balls everywhere and constant glass hits rebounding of the demogorgon. Stern support did seem concerned and said the glass should be able to take it.

Also, yeah. This game is a dimple factory.

Added over 4 years ago:

Should have read “stern support did NOT” seem concerned.

#2882 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

in the club...
[quoted image]
so I've put on the latest code. Will adjust the saucer kick out and the loop feeds.
I've manage to hit the demo shot ok; and them magnet shot seems to work ok.
Do I need to check out anything else?
Neil.

That’s should be it dude. Congrats! Let’s get a heads up stream rolling soon!

#2883 3 years ago

I reduced my flipper power to 245 and that decreased the air balls hitting the glass a lot. Stock power seems incredibly high to me. I was also having a problem with straight on hits to the drop targets not falling at the stock power. That rarely happens now.

#2884 3 years ago

If you have a pro there absolutely not reason to have the flipper powers all the way up imo. Should be able to back them down to the 240 range, still make the demo, and significantly reduce airballs hitting the glass.

#2885 3 years ago

38 combos today is my best so far. What’s everyone else got?

#2886 3 years ago

Can’t even get combo champ yet!!!!! I’ll keep trying!

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

38 combos today is my best so far. What’s everyone else got?

10. Lol. I can score between 400 billion and 900 billion on a regular basis but I can't hit more than 10 freaking combos. Guess I'll stick to the pizzeria flavored combos in a bag.

#2888 3 years ago

I'm out no combos for me today. Spent the day trying to get TK tweaked to increase reliability, marginal improvement but still not entirely happy...shots in the sweet spot still only about 60% reliable to lock.

Great game...really enjoy it, TK lock is a good idea for a Prem/LE feature...just not sure about the execution. Will keep plugging away at this to try get it more reliable.

#2889 3 years ago

I suck, but at least I dressed for the tourney!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2890 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “What you see in the pictures is whats included. Apron with plastics so you can put lights under them and plastics for the game. Price is shipped”
2020-03-28
Mequon, WI
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 119 times

#2891 3 years ago

Abbys getting in on the action!

35622FC5-AC47-4EA8-9FB6-0B996F1A6CB2 (resized).jpeg35622FC5-AC47-4EA8-9FB6-0B996F1A6CB2 (resized).jpeg
#2892 3 years ago

You streaming right now chuck?

#2893 3 years ago

Getting better.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2894 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

You streaming right now chuck?

Not yet. Maybe later. Well probably later. Haha. I’ll post here if I go live.

#2895 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Getting better.[quoted image]

Nice! Whose gonna be the first to break 40?

#2896 3 years ago

I’ll tentatively plan to stream right after the twipys

#2897 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to adjust the projector sharpness? Mine has become super blurry?

#2898 3 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Does anyone know how to adjust the projector sharpness? Mine has become super blurry?

If you just turned the game on give it 10 mins to warm up. If it’s still blurry you have to take the apron off and also take off the door on the side of the projector to get to the focus wheel.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you just turned the game on give it 10 mins to warm up. If it’s still blurry you have to take the apron off and also take off the door on the side of the projector to get to the focus wheel.

Thanks man!

#2900 3 years ago

Boom!

DB6F6CD0-45AF-406A-9F98-37AAC01E33D3 (resized).jpegDB6F6CD0-45AF-406A-9F98-37AAC01E33D3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,601 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/58?hl=hightower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.