• Pro 54 votes
    33%
  • Premium 40 votes
    25%
  • LE 69 votes
    42%

(163 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 511 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200404_212458 (resized).jpg
31EEDF2C-FC17-43E8-B257-71D65D665C40 (resized).jpeg
619F3409-5AF8-48D9-92F3-C4543A61194E (resized).jpeg
strangergreen (resized).jpg
strangerlights (resized).jpg
7F8C57D4-6345-4924-89AA-343AA0E5BA14 (resized).jpeg
5D91BDE9-323E-43A6-88D1-409B031948FE (resized).jpeg
20200214_180533 (resized).jpg
20200214_180539 (resized).jpg
20200202_061545 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200402_073236 (resized).jpg
4B4600D8-A339-4FDA-82EA-BBF33D0FF2DC (resized).jpeg
ED42682D-FBA5-4115-8515-C380AF6C4ADA (resized).jpeg
90FF34BB-7E20-43A7-8872-B00682957DE8 (resized).jpeg
497C77D2-7BF6-4ECE-9E21-C51B92672911 (resized).jpeg
32B4E8E5-CCA2-4911-8719-F582F1B47FAF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3092 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.
#2801 12 days ago

Demodog mode needs a little tweaking as well. I wish you could stack with a mode.

#2802 12 days ago

My LE arrives in a few hours, pre-installed with UV kit from the distributor

Reading thru 57 odd pages of posts, I see there's a few important things to check...

1. Telekenesis mechanism
2. Get some Black Diamond for the main screen

Anything else you'd suggest checking on the LE when it arrives?

Despite all the bad press early during it's release, can say I thoroughly enjoyed playing the Pro so can't wait for LE to be delivered.

#2803 12 days ago
Quoted from HighTower:

Reading thru 57 odd pages of posts, I see there's a few important things to check...
1. Telekenesis mechanism
Despite all the bad press early during it's release, can say I thoroughly enjoyed playing the Pro so can't wait for LE to be delivered.

My Premium tk lock worked perfect out of the box. I also think the screen is fine as is. If you are a video-phile, then you may want to mess with it. I guess back in the day if you were a "plasma are the only screens that give true black," kind of person, you will need it. But the other 99% will be just fine.

#2804 12 days ago
Quoted from HighTower:

1. Telekenesis mechanism

If you liked the pro, you’re going to love the LE.

#2805 12 days ago

Is everyone changing the flipper power on left and right? If so what are you setting it to and what shots does it make easier? I have premium and demagorgan shot is easy with both flippers as is.

#2806 12 days ago

People have messed with them to try and make the demo or TK lock more reliable. If your shots are all working, I say leave it.

#2807 12 days ago

Threw some leds inside Billy’s Camaro!

Ignore the game it’s in...I’m waiting for Indiana to get unlocked so I can get my stranger things pro I traded for.

6A55BBBF-8E22-4CE2-AD16-751C8372BFD8 (resized).jpeg
#2808 12 days ago

tk ramp is issue. does lowering right flipper make it go up ramp better? I have times it rattles up and rolls back sdtm.

#2810 12 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Demodog mode needs a little tweaking as well. I wish you could stack with a mode.

You can stack but you have to start the mode first.

#2811 12 days ago

Shout out to cleland. I own 2 machines- this and guardians and his sound mods have made both amazing. The remix of the theme on this is awesome!

#2812 12 days ago

Lost my job recently which sucks. Anyone know where I can order the stern UV kit? I have some extra PayPal funds so i can get it without killing our budget. Thanks in advance. I only want the Stern version please for LE. Hope everyone is staying safe and well.

#2814 12 days ago

Thanks. Ordered. Chuck is this easy enough for a novice like me to install?

#2815 12 days ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Thanks. Ordered. Chuck is this easy enough for a novice like me to install?

Very easy install. It’s all taking off and putting on screws. Just follow the instructions to a T. They are amazing and thorough.

#2816 12 days ago

Awesome. Super excited.

#2817 12 days ago

I just joined the club and found these in the coin box, can anyone point me to where they might go?

2C43833B-A131-4846-BD84-EA82CBE7FE08 (resized).jpeg
#2818 11 days ago

That’s the gate to the left of the demogorgon that faces the post that feeds the left orbit. It goes on the right side of the mystery lane.

The other is the eos actuator for one of the flippers. It snapped off and you’ll need to buy a new one to replace it.

#2819 11 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s the gate to the left of the demogorgon that faces the post that feeds the left orbit. It goes on the right side of the mystery lane.
The other is the eos actuator for one of the flippers. It snapped off and you’ll need to buy a new one to replace it.

Thank you Chuck. Is there any good reason why someone would remove the gate?

#2820 11 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thank you Chuck. Is there any good reason why someone would remove the gate?

For some people the gate arm kept coming out and the ball would get stuck. So some would remove the gate.

#2821 11 days ago

Installing the UV kit wasn't bad at all for me as a first time pinball owner I just went really slowly. Very impressive effect in person.

#2822 11 days ago

So I made a repair log video on a few machines for my business and it included a repair of the TK ramp on our Premium. I snipped out the section about the repair and figured I'd share it here. I'm explaining things for the layman, so disregard that aspect of it. But right out of the box, the TK ramp/diverter was loose as hell...

#2823 11 days ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

So I made a repair log video on a few machines for my business and it included a repair of the TK ramp on our Premium. I snipped out the section about the repair and figured I'd share it here. I'm explaining things for the layman, so disregard that aspect of it. But right out of the box, the TK ramp/diverter was loose as hell...

This is interesting, if i recall mine is also loose (although i dont think its as loose as yours was) i figured it was meant to be somewhat loose so it didnt bind up while sliding back and forth.

#2824 11 days ago

Would be cool if someone could make up these ramp decals like the ones Cointaker has below that would have the UV ink on them!(would love them for each of the side ramps too to protect metal and hide the crappy divots). Some master minded modder figure this out!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1231-cointakercom/03347-stranger-things-demogorgon-ramp-decal

f4ae8e8adab5df5f6374e8ccc85b12860d870132 (resized).jpg
#2825 11 days ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

This is interesting, if i recall mine is also loose (although i dont think its as loose as yours was) i figured it was meant to be somewhat loose so it didnt bind up while sliding back and forth.

I think on the stern pdf the first thing it says to make sure of is that but being nice and tight.

I used the big handle on the backboard to hold the back of the playfield up with one hand while using a nut driver in the other hand to tighten that nut.

#2826 11 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think on the stern pdf the first thing it says to make sure of is that but being nice and tight.
I used the big handle on the backboard to hold the back of the playfield up with one hand while using a nut driver in the other hand to tighten that nut.

Of is he refering to that big nut? i thought he was talking about the hex bolt with the nut underneath it on the sliding pivot point. Either way i will look at mine again, need to anyway as its acting up, on the plus side my UV kit shows up today!

#2827 11 days ago

My TK Lock started acting up the last few times ive gotten games on mine. Ive never messed with mine. (Early LE)

Im hoping mine is loose, so i have something to mess with.

But holy crap is it frustrating on mine. Out of 3 games played ( I counted) 6 out of 9 drains were clean lock shots that rolled back SDTM.

I was trying to nudge while it was rolling back and still SDTM.

#2828 11 days ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Of is he refering to that big nut?

Yes. Not the pivot point.

#2829 11 days ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

My TK Lock started acting up the last few times ive gotten games on mine. Ive never messed with mine. (Early LE)
Im hoping mine is loose, so i have something to mess with.
But holy crap is it frustrating on mine. Out of 3 games played ( I counted) 6 out of 9 drains were clean lock shots that rolled back SDTM.
I was trying to nudge while it was rolling back and still SDTM.

Welcome to the club! Since yours has been money I suggest looking at the black hex screw on the pivot point underneath the ramp and make sure that is moving smoothly. Once that gets really dirty, it starts to become sluggish. Clean good with alcohol and put a drop of zoom spout Oiler there to keep it silky smooth.

#2830 11 days ago

So, am I the only one that gets tricked into playing this game too fast? I know I should stop and get control, but the shots come at the flippers so fast and then the game starts to flow, I can't stop. Damn this game!

#2831 11 days ago

Got my LE today...any new pin day is a good day indeed.

Plays well but a few things I've noticed...

Seems a lot faster with never ending airballs compared to the Pro I'd been playing at the distributor - is this normal till it settles down? Pro seemed nicely bedded in without much airtime, but this minty fresh LE is all over the place, balls flying everywhere!

Dimples...the age old bug bear. Just a question though, either side of the main ramp seems problematic for airballs or rebounds, are people putting myler strips there? I recall on my other Sterns such as Metallica near Sparky's feet everyone recommended strips of mylar to minimise wear.

Likewise the kick-out on the left, I seem to be getting a high concentration on dimples almost like a small channel from rebounding down onto the playfield. Again, anyone recommending a smsll strip of mylar there?

Shooting the Demogorgan is hard to get a hole-in-one. Kinda don't mind that to be honest makes you need a good clean crisp shot on target to get it...for the regular punter I guess they could just keep bumping it 6 times.

The dreaded TK ramp shot with ball lock isn't too bad. Sure, if there's not enough power in the shot or its off the left flipper, it typically falls back down the ramp and SDTM. Doesn't seem as bad as some are experiencing but certainly not ideal. Will check the guide tomorrow on tweaking it and see if there's any difference.

On the flip side, great unique theme...UV kit is awesome, absolute must have for all models. Looking forward to where they take this one over the next 12-months.

#2832 11 days ago

I wouldn’t put Mylar anywhere except to make sure they put it down where the ramp touches the playfield for the demogorgon. If all the dimples bother you, I suggest a playfield protector.

#2833 11 days ago

Hey chuck. Still can’t get the right side to feed the flipper. Always bounces off the right side. Any additional suggestions? I’ve got the burn it back working thanks to you (from saucer) and the left side feeding right.

#2834 11 days ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Hey chuck. Still can’t get the right side to feed the flipper. Always bounces off the right side. Any additional suggestions? I’ve got the burn it back working thanks to you (from saucer) and the left side feeding right.

Make sure the right orbit guide is such that it puts the ball into the gate at the exit of the shooter lane. The ball should graze off that and feed the flipper.

#2835 11 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Not the pivot point.

Does anyone have a picture of said ‘Big Nut’?

#2836 11 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I have a picture of my "Big Nut" for you

#2837 11 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

See the very first part of the stern checklist for adjusting the TK lock. See key posts above.

#2838 11 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

I have a picture of my "Big Nut" for you

#2839 11 days ago

That sweet feeling of getting the ball locked is divine. That and the burn it back loop are leaving me smiling and satisfied.

Has anyone accidentally taken a hard shot directly to the edge of the ramp as its raising?

#2840 11 days ago
Quoted from Makarov:

Has anyone accidentally taken a hard shot directly to the edge of the ramp as its raising?

Thankfully no. I’ve disabled the ability to cancel animations on mine to help limit the risk of this.

I can see these ramps getting all bent up eventually from those types of hits. Not sure there’s any way to completely take the risk away.

#2841 11 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wouldn’t put Mylar anywhere except to make sure they put it down where the ramp touches the playfield for the demogorgon. If all the dimples bother you, I suggest a playfield protector.

Dimples aren't really a major concern for me, with the exception of the high concentration in the one spot near the saucer. Are others experiencing the same there?

Typically near kickers and outholes I thought Stern were doing small mylar pieces for a while there.

#2842 11 days ago

Where should the ball hit first when you do a full plunge or the game auto plunges?

Mine hits the leftmost drop target and it that is down goes by just to the left of it.

Should it be hitting the middle of the drop targets?

#2843 11 days ago

I never do auto plunge. My manual plunge can hit any of the target except the right most.

#2844 11 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I never do auto plunge. My manual plunge can hit any of the target except the right most.

Not mine, I can't hit any but the left most and that is with the full plunge

#2845 11 days ago

What happens when you don’t do a full plunge? If you take some strength off you should be able to hit any drop target but the far right and also do stuff like plunge the saucer, left outlane left inlane, put it to a flipper, etc.

#2846 11 days ago

My auto plunge always hits the center 2 drop targets. Sometimes it'll bounce to the saucer and then take out the far right target after.

#2847 11 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure the right orbit guide is such that it puts the ball into the gate at the exit of the shooter lane. The ball should graze off that and feed the flipper.

Mine bounces off that post rubber every time
From the ball guide!

Need to look at it tomorrow. Maybe remove
The post rubber or adjust ball guide rail

#2848 11 days ago

What I find to be pretty annoying is the "What mama says" mode sounds. The buildup is making me nervous and annoys the hell out of me.

#2849 10 days ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

What I find to be pretty annoying is the "What mama says" mode sounds. The buildup is making me nervous and annoys the hell out of me.

This is exactly why it’s awesome. Pure stress and with a sun cranking, it’s insane.

#2850 10 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is exactly why it’s awesome. Pure stress and with a sun cranking, it’s insane.

Hey chuck, how has your ball lock been playing since you did the lube job on it? has it stayed solid?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
9,099 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 3092 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside