StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 444.
#2751 4 years ago

6:15 is the deadline. Get those scores in! Best score by then gets a pincinnati shirt and some stickers.

#2752 4 years ago

STL is in official lockdown starting midnight tomorrow. We may need more online competitions. Even the golf pin would work

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

And I got 3 what’s that hits at 60k per on double scoring!!![quoted image]

Winner winner chicken dinner! Assuming post offices are still open, shoot me a PM with your shirt size and I’ll mail it out to ya Monday or Tuesday.

We can do this again during the week if people want. We can do separate challenges, like top score in total isolation or most combos in a game. Stuff like that.

#2754 4 years ago

I’m in on the next one!

#2755 4 years ago

I’ll try and do times that work for all time zones. Seems like the hours of 2pm eastern to 10pm eastern are the sweet spots.

#2756 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You guys are really gonna start enjoying this game
Since Pinball Browser was updated yesterday, I have been hard at work with some sound changes.
New Remix Main Theme
End Game Music Remix with sounds bytes from the kids mixed in
Quarter Hunt Music=Devo Whip It
High Score Music = Don't Mess Around With Jim
Boring Quotes Like:
Ball Saved
OhhhhKay
Here you can have that one back
Swapped with sound bytes from the show.
I'm certainly enjoying my time stuck at home and working on much more!

Absolutely amazing work man!! Completely transforms the game, for the better. I can’t say enough about your contribution to the community. Donate to this guy for some down right, game changing work!!

#2757 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Absolutely amazing work man!! Completely transforms the game, for the better. I can’t say enough about your contribution to the community. Donate to this guy for some down right, game changing work!!

Thank you sir! For the official thread and announcement head over here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod#post-5543188

#2758 4 years ago

can someone shoot me the link to how you adjust the left kickout? I noticed on chucks stream that his is going in the right inner orbit. mine hits the 2 drops on the right. also looks like I need to adjust my demogorgon.

#2759 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

can someone shoot me the link to how you adjust the left kickout? I noticed on chucks stream that his is going in the right inner orbit. mine hits the 2 drops on the right. also looks like I need to adjust my demogorgon.

#2760 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

BTW, just did this thanks to chuckwurt and it makes a huge difference! I had to bend my scoop just a tad towards the lower right flipper and adjust my eject power to 18 for a perfect result. Much better than the saucer eject bashing the targets all the time.

#2761 4 years ago

awesome. thank you! how hard was it to adjust that demogorgon?

#2762 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

awesome. thank you! how hard was it to adjust that demogorgon?

Not easy. Pro or premium? I had to take mine completely apart and loosen the screws that allow the demo to rock more freely. Then I added a couple washers to the bolts that go through the playfield to effectively have the mech lean forward more.

Not telling if that will actually help you or not.

#2763 4 years ago

I had to replace the transmitter side of center lane opto 74 and it kinda sucked. Thankfully the receiver side was ok.

#2765 4 years ago

K. I have the LE and those adjustments made mine great. But yeah no idea if they will help you. Could be that your ramp is effed too. Get with stern to see if you need the new ramp kit they made. Apparently some of the early games were messed up. I think they may have fixed them before the premiums went out though.

#2766 4 years ago

Has anyone found a solid solution to the telekinesis ball lock? I’ve adjusted and hit it maybe about 50-60% of the time but still not very consistent.

#2767 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Has anyone found a solid solution to the telekinesis ball lock? I’ve adjusted and hit it maybe about 50-60% of the time but still not very consistent.

I believe this is the post you might be looking for. Also see chucks video from a few posts above.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

K. I have the LE and those adjustments made mine great. But yeah no idea if they will help you. Could be that your ramp is effed too. Get with stern to see if you need the new ramp kit they made. Apparently some of the early games were messed up. I think they may have fixed them before the premiums went out though.

Alright I think I’ve got the majority of the tweaks made. However, after many adjustments I can’t seem to get the left eject to consistently go thru that inner loop. It always goes in but doesn’t seem to have the speed to get all the way around. Is there any harm in cranking up the power to see if that will launch it around the loop?

Let’s do another 24 hr high score challenge soon. Hopefully I can get in on the action next time.

#2769 4 years ago

Just completed installing DugFreez complete 5.25 set into my premium, they look great and i am super happy with them, just need to mess with the EQ for the new speakers. chuckwurt i have the same speakers the le's have, mind going into your settings and telling me what they are set at? Stern is now putting out a separate premium and le code file and i am wondering if the differences between them are sound settings for the different speakers the game uses.

Old vs new sub

IMG_0783 (resized).jpgIMG_0783 (resized).jpg
IMG_0784 (resized).jpgIMG_0784 (resized).jpg

Old vs new back box speaker

IMG_0786 (resized).jpgIMG_0786 (resized).jpg
IMG_0787 (resized).jpgIMG_0787 (resized).jpg

One of the sets installed
IMG_0785 (resized).jpgIMG_0785 (resized).jpg

Finished product
IMG_0788 (resized).jpgIMG_0788 (resized).jpg
IMG_0789 (resized).jpgIMG_0789 (resized).jpg

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Is there any harm in cranking up the power to see if that will launch it around the loop?

Nope. But shouldn’t need that. Keep at it.

#2771 4 years ago

I found the cranking up the power just causes it to brick the shot when on the stock power setting it goes up but not around. I have not been able to get mine to consistently do the entire loop. Still much better than hitting that post and going all over the place

#2772 4 years ago

The adjustment is EXTREMELY sensitive. Like seriously every mm you bend that hood it will send the ball on a different path. I suggest getting it to where it hits the post every time, then bend it to the right a tiny tiny bit. The ball should just barely miss the post.

Make sure all the drops are down while testing too.

#2773 4 years ago

I wonder what the designer intended of that VUK, it seems poorly designed. I mean wow it hits two targets if they are up. Wow. Doesn’t seem to me it was meant to hit the burn it back loop, that’s an odd angle for it. Anyone know what the designer intended?

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I wonder what the designer intended of that VUK, it seems poorly designed. I mean wow it hits two targets if they are up. Wow. Doesn’t seem to me it was meant to hit the burn it back loop, that’s an odd angle for it. Anyone know what the designer intended?

Not sure what he intended but it definitely plays better that way.

#2775 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I rewatched the reveal stream and Brain Eddy mentions it’s suppose to hit the targets. The burn it back feed is way cooler but not ideal either since the right drop target has to be down to make the loop.

I just wish the saucer dribbled down to your flippers like transformers

#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

No thanks. We have enough of these already. Haha

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No thanks. We have enough of these already. Haha

I think we have a few too many plunge into death targets too

If the saucer to burn it back loop worked all the time I think that would be awesome. I’ll be adjusting mine to do the same as yours and appreciate your adjustment video. I just think it’s goofy to design it to smack some drops in the middle of the pf.

#2778 4 years ago

Agreed. Good thing it can be adjusted to do something better. Haha.

#2779 4 years ago

I tweaked mine per chuckwurt video and it consistently makes the burn it back loop. I had to settle on an eject setting of 18 (stock is 16), but every increment by 1 resulted in a different result. Of course you have to take in the pitch of your game as well. Saucer to Burn it Back provides a much better game experience for me.

#2780 4 years ago

What coil are you guys adjusting for saucer? I do not see a saucer coil. Only slings, trough, and launch.

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

What coil are you guys adjusting for saucer? I do not see a saucer coil. Only slings, trough, and launch.

Left eject I believe it’s called. It’s in the feature adjustments.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Yeah, it's in a separate menu with regular settings as I recall. It's not next to any of the other ones like flipper, slings, etc.

This has probably been mentioned, but any ides on what the lockbar button will do eventually? I hope we get a video mode. I know some are not big fans of video modes, but I kinda like them.

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I rewatched the reveal stream and Brain Eddy mentions it’s suppose to hit the targets. The burn it back feed is way cooler but not ideal either since the right drop target has to be down to make the loop.

I've been sending Stern my audit data and got a message back from Brian directly. I won't quote him but to sum up he prefers the kick out to hit the last two drops so you can get a freebie if it's in the saucer when upside down starts. He said it should not be adjusted so far as to go up the burn it back but should be adjusted if it's causing immediate drains like mine was when the drops were down. I might re-adjust mine to see if hitting the last two more reliably is better. My son has a few failed burn it back saucers go SDTM on him.

#2784 4 years ago

My mystery lock post just randomly started wedging the ball. Once it goes down to release the ball it seems to come up to quick and wedge the ball until ball search. Wondering if anyone has any tips?!

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yeah, it's in a separate menu with regular settings as I recall. It's not next to any of the other ones like flipper, slings, etc.
This has probably been mentioned, but any ides on what the lockbar button will do eventually? I hope we get a video mode. I know some are not big fans of video modes, but I kinda like them.

Brian told me video mode is definitely coming, but he didn’t seem too excited about the lock bar button. He seemed to have put it there because all their games have it now. He wasn’t opposed to using it for a specific purpose, but didn’t have anything in mind that that point.

#2786 4 years ago

yeah I would like to see a video mode, I hate that its in the mystery and you cant get it. Also wish the D20 roll was more random as well. I have a wish list in my head for the new code but will wait and see. I am by no means looking to shit on the game i really do enjoy it, just hate that we are getting it in pieces.

#2787 4 years ago

Every new game is like this though. I suggest waiting 6 months to a year before jumping in next time. Most likely all that’s gonna be in it is in it at that time.

And with the virus stuff going on, who knows when they will have this one completed.

#2788 4 years ago

If would be cool if the video mode was playing dragons lair, but that would probably never happen

#2789 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Just completed installing dugfreez complete 5.25 set into my premium, they look great and i am super happy with them, just need to mess with the EQ for the new speakers. chuckwurt i have the same speakers the le's have, mind going into your settings and telling me what they are set at? Stern is now putting out a separate premium and le code file and i am wondering if the differences between them are sound settings for the different speakers the game uses.

I did this 2 months ago before there was a kit and I had the same issue. There is not enough to push those speakers you need an amp. I went to pin woofer got his kit minus the backbox speakers. So I got two amps one for the backbox and one for the Pyle sub In the cab and man what a difference! With the cleland code I play the game with vol on 5 and it rocks! Hope this helps.

#2790 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

If would be cool if the video mode was playing dragons lair, but that would probably never happen

Or dig dug. I bet it’s a homage to AFM. Have to kill demo dogs falling from the sky with El’s powers or something. Haha

#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

That would be epic!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or dig dug. I bet it’s a homage to AFM. Have to kill demo dogs falling from the sky with El’s powers or something. Haha

I could see that like the alien shooter mode in AFM.

#2792 4 years ago

The game is not done until we have a cow in there.

#2793 4 years ago

Lonnie posted on Facebook that he brought a Stranger Things home to work on.

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Brian told me video mode is definitely coming, but he didn’t seem too excited about the lock bar button. He seemed to have put it there because all their games have it now. He wasn’t opposed to using it for a specific purpose, but didn’t have anything in mind that that point.

I would like to see the button used for something ala tbe hadron enforcer or like troll bombs but maybe for demogorgans?

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I would like to see the button used for something ala tbe hadron enforcer or like troll bombs but maybe for demogorgans?

That’s what I suggested to Brian. Let people get hits on the demo with it. Won’t be able to get lots of points from it but could be useful to get to stage 2/3 of the demo multiball modes which can be big if you can get the demo out of the way safely. He seemed to think that was a good idea. We shall see!

#2796 4 years ago

What registers the center shot once the drops are down? I have been finding a lot of non registering when I hit it lately, mainly from my left flipper, demoGorgar will be ready to start I shoot it and nothing then I hit it from the right flipper and it’s good. Is it an opto or switch back there?

#2797 4 years ago

I had my saucer eject adjusted to go around Burn it Back, but half the time it would not make it all the way around. Finally found "left eject power" (thanks guys). Increased from default 16 to 17. Now makes it all the way around. Just FYI for any who are having the same issue. Pitch is 6.7 at flippers.

#2798 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It should be used for the video mode for sure.

It would be cool if you had to press the button as fast as you can, acting as you're channeling 11's powers and trying to lift something up and throw it- because she always struggles when using her powers. And you get a big bonus for doing it, and it gets harder and harder as you progress.

The button during gameplay could also be to use 11's powers, maybe you build up her Power meter and then can use it to defeat the demo dogs or the Demogorgan and it shows an animation of her slamming the demo against the wall. So then you can decide to build it up and use it later for more points as it's worth more damage points, or you can use it earlier on for smaller points and less damage.

#2799 4 years ago

I think along with eleven's powers they could do something with Steve's baseball bat swinging at the demo dogs, or Nancy firing a gun, maybe Lucas with the slingshot

I have a question is it normal for playfield glass to have minor bubbles near one spot on the edge or should I be worried about the glass exploding from that? I noticed it when removing to install the uv kit

#2800 4 years ago

Fingers crossed for a code update soon!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 49.99
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 444.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/56?hl=splitcms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.