20240328_091143 (resized).jpg
20240328_091243 (resized).jpg
20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 445.
#2601 4 years ago

Streaming my LE at noon eastern today. Going to start off the stream showing my tweaks to the TK lock, saucer kick out and show how the feeds from the orbits should work and can be adjusted.

Tune in early to check it out! I will save that portion of the video for those that can’t make it.

Then we are going to try and beat the big score I put up last night.

Thanks!

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Got mine installed yesterday, it is awesome! Anyone trying to save a few bucks on an aftermarket solution is foolish......

Why?

Picking up a pro from a friend and pinstadium version looks just as good but covers the whole playfield.

Is it the missing plastics and apron that make you think the stern is better? Does pinstadium not integrate with the upside down modes as well or as often?

Edit: guess my genuine questions came across sarcastic

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Is it the missing plastics and apron that make you think the stern is better? Does pinstadium not integrate with the upside down modes as well or as often?

It follows the code just like the stern one does. But you will have to attach Pinstadium to the sides of the cabinet (if that matters to you).

You will also not get the plastics which really help transform the whole game.

Pinstadium hits the whole playfield and does have a cool ramp glow affect since they mount outside the ramps, but I found the stern kit to be very bright that it kinda does the same thing.

Since I’ve seen both, I felt the stern option was best for me. My main worry from stern was going to be it looking hideous attached to the ramps and also that they wouldn’t be bright enough.

Plenty bright, and you don’t even notice the strips until they turn on.

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

400-500 million.

Have you left all the settings on the “stock setup”? Such as flipper strength, outlane posts or tilt setting?
Just wondering if I should change any of these things.

3 or 5 ball?

#2605 4 years ago

3 ball. Stock settings everywhere. Moderate tilt to maybe a little tighter than normal. But one good move will get you one to two dangers every time. Most likely two.

I reduced the sling power just a hair. Outlanes wide open.

#2606 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

3 ball. Stock settings everywhere. Moderate tilt to maybe a little tighter than normal. But one good move will get you one to two dangers every time. Most likely two.
I reduced the sling power just a hair. Outlanes wide open.

Okay that helps. Thanks. Great score!
I had a buddy in my league that adjusted the slings because the ball is so “hot” coming off the slings. Much more than JP for example.
I don’t want to Change any settings because the most difficult games are usually what stays in my collection.
With that said I have my game set on a very low tilt because the game is so brutal.
3 ball is a must imo on all games.
I gotta beef up the tilt though. Your setting for tilt is spot on.
Got about 65 plays. Haven’t topped 300 million yet.
The strategy seems to be to stay towards the orbits and ramps early on.......

#2607 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It follows the code just like the stern one does. But you will have to attach Pinstadium to the sides of the cabinet (if that matters to you).
You will also not get the plastics which really help transform the whole game.
Pinstadium hits the whole playfield and does have a cool ramp glow affect since they mount outside the ramps, but I found the stern kit to be very bright that it kinda does the same thing.
Since I’ve seen both, I felt the stern option was best for me. My main worry from stern was going to be it looking hideous attached to the ramps and also that they wouldn’t be bright enough.
Plenty bright, and you don’t even notice the strips until they turn on.

Awesome, thank you for the explanation!

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Got mine installed yesterday, it is awesome! Anyone trying to save a few bucks on an aftermarket solution is foolish......

Those are the people filling their games with plastic trash toys and have the nerve to call out "Loaded with mods" in the classifieds.

#2609 4 years ago

A word of warning. The right ramp uv light wire goes close to the one way gate on the shooter lane. My wire somehow worked its way into the path of that wireform and started cutting into the wire. Two balls got stuck on that one way gate and when I went to inspect saw that the wire was in the way. Must have moved due to the vibrations from the ramp. Lucky it didn't go all the way through and the led still works. Going to watch it to see if it works its way back over there again.

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My wire somehow worked its way into the path of that wireform and started cutting into the wire.

I immediately saw this potential issue and routed my wires around the screw bracket on the LED rail. I'll take some pics when I get down there.

#2611 4 years ago

Yeah this shouldn’t be an issue at all. Make sure the Wire is tight and runs along the top of the one way gate bracket. I’ve had zero issues in like 100 plays since install.

#2612 4 years ago

Video detailing some adjustments you can make to help you peeps dial in your games.

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just the stock LE kenwoods in here. I think Doug recommends to buy those if you want to upgrade the premium

I really have no 4" to 5.25" speaker recommendations for any Pro or Premium users. I'm not a speaker guy....I'm the Speaker Light Kit guy.

Having said that, I personally bought another pair of the Kenwood KFC-1366S speakers that Stern has been using on their recent LE games, for use in my Jurassic Park Premium. I picked those speakers....mainly because of the way they look (and their low profile). I haven't had a chance to hear how the audio on them perform vs the 4" stock, 5.25" JBL, 5.25" Flipper Fidelity or 5.25" Pyle speakers that I also have. All of those different speaker types were acquired for test fitting reasons with my different Speaker Light Kit types more than for testing their audio qualities. I hope to do that type of audio testing eventually and then I am considering getting an amp to see how that improves things.

From what I have read from others....upgrading to higher quality 5.25" speakers over the stock 4" speakers is a nice upgrade and I have been told that adding an amp to the 5.25" speakers makes them sound even better. From a quick look in the games options, the sound settings are a bit intimidating to me as there are really more audio options than I would have expected. Options are a good thing though and I'm sure many users, especially audiophiles, appreciate them being there in the game's settings.

I hope to have my 5.25" SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates added to my website in the next few days ($50 a pair OR $25 a pair if ordered along with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit). I have them in stock and ready to go and I hope to have the different color speaker surround sets listed at that time also ($22.50 a pair). I just need to decide how I want to list things and get to it. Website work is not my strong point.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2614 4 years ago

Balls keep getting stuck here. Ball search does not free it. Happens multiple times in one game. Anyone have reports of this?

4DD2E9B3-6F42-420F-9997-F833585A6183 (resized).jpeg4DD2E9B3-6F42-420F-9997-F833585A6183 (resized).jpeg
#2615 4 years ago

Weird. Can you take a picture of where your ramp diverter sits when it’s not engaged? Maybe it doesn’t sit open enough?

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah this shouldn’t be an issue at all. Make sure the Wire is tight and runs along the top of the one way gate bracket. I’ve had zero issues in like 100 plays since install.

That's how I had it. Somehow the vibrations moved it into the end of the one way gate wire. Took probably 50 plays before I had a stuck ball on the gate and noticed the issue. Now I have it routed behind the one way gate so shouldn't be any way for it to get up under the ramp again.

#2617 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Happy 400th play![quoted image]

Do you know why the total games and lifetime games are different? Mine is that way too but I’ve never reset anything? Is it due to code updates?

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just the stock LE kenwoods in here. I think Doug recommends to buy those if you want to upgrade the premium

I used the kenwoods that come in the LE in my pro as well. I also put a pinwoofer kit in mine as the stock sub was not working at all. Now I have a Pyle sub and cab and backbox have amps. There wasn’t a kit when I did mine. The guy from speaker light kits was in the process of making a kit but i couldn’t wait

#2619 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Those are the people filling their games with plastic trash toys and have the nerve to call out "Loaded with mods" in the classifieds.

I’m getting pin stadiums Uv kit and don’t feel foolish at all! Also don’t have plastic trash toys in my game! There is another thread for those bullshit comments!

#2620 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Do you know why the total games and lifetime games are different? Mine is that way too but I’ve never reset anything? Is it due to code updates?

Yep. Can not reset the lifetime plays. So that’s the true number of plays your game has had. The other number resets with each update.

#2621 4 years ago

What does evreryone have flipper strength set at? Seems tough to find the right number.

#2622 4 years ago

Right is 255. Left is 235

#2623 4 years ago

Hi Chuck. Great video. I can’t figure out the first part with the saucer. Where is the ‘hood’ you refer to. I have never had it get past the post by the drop targets when kicked out of saucer.

#2624 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Hi Chuck. Great video. I can’t figure out the first part with the saucer. Where is the ‘hood’ you refer to. I have never had it get past the post by the drop targets when kicked out of saucer.

It’s right above the saucer. It’s a flat piece of angled metal. It’s what the saucer fires the ball into to send it up the playfield.

#2625 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s right above the saucer. It’s a flat piece of angled metal. It’s what the saucer fires the ball into to send it up the playfield.

Can you post a picture of it? I don't have any hood to change the angle of the ball eject. I tried moving the mech a little from the underside, but can't get it to eject further than the right target (I was doing better when it knocked down two targets...LOL!). No idea how to get it any further to the right.

#2626 4 years ago

It’s right above the saucer. You seriously can’t miss it. If it wasn’t there the ball would fire straight up into the bottom of the ramp. Haha

#2627 4 years ago
950C8459-C06E-4053-81DE-61864128D818 (resized).jpeg950C8459-C06E-4053-81DE-61864128D818 (resized).jpeg
#2628 4 years ago

Got it. So am I bending the metal piece towards or away from playfield or do I need to loosen the nuts to turn it actually. Sorry. It’s not registering well for me.

#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Got it. So am I bending the metal piece towards or away from playfield or do I need to loosen the nuts to turn it actually. Sorry. It’s not registering well for me.

Did you watch the video? I cover it all in there. Make sure the nuts are nice and tight (that’s what she said), then to have the ball fire more to the right, bend the hood down and to the right.

To have the ball fire more to the left, bend the hood down and to the left.

Every slight adjustment to this hood should send the ball on a different path. Keep adjusting until you get it where you want it.

Put the game in switch test while you’re doing this so you can test the saucer kick out over and over again. Just like in the video.

#2630 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you watch the video? I cover it all in there. Make sure the nuts are nice and tight (that’s what she said), then to have the ball fire more to the right, bend the hood down and to the right.
To have the ball fire more to the left, bend the hood down and to the left.
Every slight adjustment to this hood should send the ball on a different path. Keep adjusting until you get it where you want it.
Put the game in switch test while you’re doing this so you can test the saucer kick out over and over again. Just like in the video.

Thanks for taking the time to make that!

#2631 4 years ago

I did watch. Just wasn’t completely clear. Thanks for all your contributions!

#2632 4 years ago

Okay cool. Hopefully I clarified things in my post. Can’t really screw anything up. Pretty easy peasy adjustment. Just take it slow and make tiny adjustments here and there and you’ll get it.

#2633 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Video detailing some adjustments you can make to help you peeps dial in your games.

Tweakmasterwurt

#2634 4 years ago

What is the consensus with the surplus aprons and plastics? Can it make a pro user happy that doesn't care about the UV kit?

#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s right above the saucer. You seriously can’t miss it. If it wasn’t there the ball would fire straight up into the bottom of the ramp. Haha

Oh. That Scoop.

Sorry.

#2636 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh. That Scoop.
Sorry.

Yeah you know; the only one in the game?

#2637 4 years ago

Boy, selfishly, who else is hoping for a code update to help us all enjoy some self-isolation? Even my wife said, "we'll be okay kids, we have tons to do including Stranger Things pinball."

#2638 4 years ago

We couldn't make it to league night yesterday so had our own league at the house. I told my wife we really need a fourth machine to make it official Can't believe how low of a score I got at Stranger Things lol. Didn't even get the upside down on that game. Sometimes the outlanes are just out for you.

IMG_20200315_175736023 (resized).jpgIMG_20200315_175736023 (resized).jpgIMG_20200315_180317436 (resized).jpgIMG_20200315_180317436 (resized).jpg
#2639 4 years ago

We couldn't make it to league night yesterday so had our own league at the house. I told my wife we really need a fourth machine to make it official Can't believe how low of a score I got at Stranger Things lol. Didn't even get the upside down on that game. Sometimes the outlanes are just out for you.[quoted image][quoted image]

I love this!

#2640 4 years ago

Hi all. I tried to figure this out with the diagnostics but can’t. How can I fix the projector.? Black line along top as shown in images. Seems projector needs to be aimed higher. How?

57D36DF5-2AFA-4C47-B31C-395470295C1D (resized).jpeg57D36DF5-2AFA-4C47-B31C-395470295C1D (resized).jpegF6B67843-4470-456C-B4AB-2C5F7CF4F238 (resized).jpegF6B67843-4470-456C-B4AB-2C5F7CF4F238 (resized).jpeg
#2641 4 years ago

Figured it out. And fixed the saucer. Thanks to chuckwurt!

#2642 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Had a good one just now. Could’ve been huge if I didn’t miss the SJP in total isolation 2 for 200mm. Was battling my buddy bgwilly31 haha[quoted image]

Im pretty sure i set a record for Mother f**** said in a single session of pinball. I was pretty deflated after ol Chuck sent that bomb over to me, Instantly added a double shot to my next drink. lol

I cant wait to see how this code matures though.

#2643 4 years ago

Just took a break from work and played a game. Threw up a 678mm game. I just love that there seems to be a big scoring opportunity right around the corner whether it’s from a really long TK MB, a demo mode, total isolation 1 or 2, etc.

Loving this game.

#2644 4 years ago

Also there is definitely a way to extended the 2x playfield multiplier. Just had it running for a really long time. Not sure what keeps it running though. Maybe combos.

#2645 4 years ago

BIG SHOUT OUT!! To chuckwurt for the how to video yesterday. I still have a little tweaking to do but oh man what a difference! I finally made it to the second isolation! Damn 6 balls is crazy LOVE THIS GAME!

ADBD1C86-BD44-4315-A632-8E1DB06F5892 (resized).jpegADBD1C86-BD44-4315-A632-8E1DB06F5892 (resized).jpeg
#2646 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

THANK YOU! I kept mumbling to myself what is the point of this kick out? It just knocks down a couple drop targets? Lame. I had no idea it was supposed to hit the burn it back loop. MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW. Will fix mine tomorrow

#2647 4 years ago

Whether it’s supposed to or not I’m not sure. Haha. Just glad you can make it do that if you want. No problem.

#2648 4 years ago

Speaking of the burn it back and the default setting of auto for extra ball? For a number of days it was like two to four loops for an extra ball. Now it says 45!!! Do you all set it to some specific number? Seems like a bug but my Munsters extra ball settings seems similarly bugged.

#2649 4 years ago

Chuck’s video recommendations make this a completely new game. Seriously. Unreal. Thank you!

#2650 4 years ago

Speaking of the burn it back and the default setting of auto for extra ball? For a number of days it was like two to four loops for an extra ball. Now it says 45!!! Do you all set it to some specific number? Seems like a bug but my Munsters extra ball settings seems similarly bugged.

I set mine to a hard ten. I hate auto adjusting EBs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/53?hl=bzamborski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.