IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 449.
#2451 4 years ago

Who is selling the black diamond material?

#2452 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It is straight forward. Basically just removing screws and nuts and putting them back. The game was clearly designed to have it so the connectors for the new board are already in the wiring harness and there are divots on the bottom of the playfield where the new board goes. I'd say most people could do it in an hour.

Just expanding on the UV Kit install.
It’s really easy.
A couple things I did:
When swapping out aprons, I also swapped the plastic card with Eddy’s signature onto the new apron. Really easy.
When you are toward the end and have installed the new board underneath, The two small connectors and main five pin connector coming from PF harness are right there with the other wires. I missed them at first.
Finally, when going into test, you’ll think only one side works. Hit your flipper button in test to go back and forth from left side to right side.
Can’t wait to upload new code and play all afternoon!

#2453 4 years ago

I tried installing a piece of the removable projection material corvair61 was selling, but it didn't really work for me. It was too dark and you could only really see the projection from a straight-on angle...which isn't the angle you play at. I appreciate him selling them, though. But I still need some source for the Black Diamond stuff...although I'm not holding out much hope that it's any different (the angle people are taking pictures are straight-on as well). I may just have to enjoy the game as designed...

And again...somebody has to come up with a complete plastic protector set in clear for this game. My right sling just fired the ball against the left wall of the cabinet and out of play.

#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

dr-willy & beelzeboob Are those art blades inside there that I see? Where did you get those? I don't see official ones on the Stern site.

I have an LE. They're standard with the LE. At least you get something for your extra 2 grand.

#2455 4 years ago

Still having an issue with the ball coming out of the left orbit and hitting the left sling. I have tried different pitch and leveling the playfield. Anyone have a suggestion? Is the game designed to do that or should it feed the left flipper?

#2456 4 years ago

It should feed the flipper. The ball guide needs tweaked. I believe someone else had this issue and bent the guide out just a tad to get it to feed better. Read back through the posts.

#2457 4 years ago

I'm enjoying my new Premium more than any other NIB pin I've ever purchased.

IMG_2505 (resized).jpgIMG_2505 (resized).jpgIMG_2508 (resized).jpgIMG_2508 (resized).jpgIMG_2512 (resized).jpgIMG_2512 (resized).jpg
#2458 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Just expanding on the UV Kit install.
It’s really easy.
A couple things I did:
When swapping out aprons, I also swapped the plastic card with Eddy’s signature onto the new apron. Really easy.
When you are toward the end and have installed the new board underneath, The two small connectors and main five pin connector coming from PF harness are right there with the other wires. I missed them at first.
Finally, when going into test, you’ll think only one side works. Hit your flipper button in test to go back and forth from left side to right side.
Can’t wait to upload new code and play all afternoon!

I was gonna say the same thing... wish you were about 10hr quicker! chasing the one side not working in test was a time sink I felt stupid about afterward so

#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Still having an issue with the ball coming out of the left orbit and hitting the left sling. I have tried different pitch and leveling the playfield. Anyone have a suggestion? Is the game designed to do that or should it feed the left flipper?

Same thing for me on Elvira

Trim down a little piece of self adhesive felt. $1 from Hobby Lobby. And place it at the end of the ramp. Adjust it until it feeds how you want it

#2460 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Black Diamond stuff...although I'm not holding out much hope that it's any different (the angle people are taking pictures are straight-on as well)

The light rejection on Black Diamond doesn't wash out vertical light sources and visibility as bad as horizontal. It's really freakish as the image quality changes drastically by turning it 90°.

IMG_20200303_215159-01.jpegIMG_20200303_215159-01.jpeg

#2461 4 years ago

Hoping the stern topper is more than flat plastics with generic white lighting lol

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm enjoying my new Premium more than any other NIB pin I've ever purchased.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome decor! I really dig it!

Sorry my contributions to this owner thread have been downers. As a fan of Brian Eddy and ST I really want to love this pin.

I think I’m finally ready to share what’s going on with me in an appropriate and constructive way.

I’m working on doing some videos in my game room for pinball newbies.

As part of that I filmed my “how to unbox your first nib pin” by unboxing my Stranger Things Premium.

Unfortunately, I got into it to discover a brand new playfield with scratches and bubbles in the clear. (At minute 30 on the vid you can see things go off course). The bubbles are in high traffic areas and the scratches are swirly in nature. Like it was wiped down using the wrong methods and not like it’s from gameplay.

I’m taking it as an opportunity to talk about not just unboxing, but also what to do when folks encounter situations where they need to contact support.

My distributor filed a ticket with Stern about a week ago including my pictures and video.

Haven’t heard back yet.

I’m planning on doing a follow up and more videos on many other pinball topics. So I am open to ideas on topics and insights/corrections.

Regarding future videos, is there an appropriate place/etiquette for sharing those things here on pinside?

Don’t want to spam just help and inform since pinball is seeing a lot of newcomers and the amount of info to absorb can sometimes seem overwhelming.

#2463 4 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Here’s where I did the prying. There is a metal post for the standup that is in front of the guide. Kinda using that for leverage.

9AB4B9D0-E174-4A1E-8926-C7C4BBDE72B4 (resized).jpeg9AB4B9D0-E174-4A1E-8926-C7C4BBDE72B4 (resized).jpeg
#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I’m noticing that my flippers seem to be getting weak. I’ve upped the flipper power in the menu and it doesn’t seem like it has any effect. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to service the flipper mech somewhere for modern stern machines ??

Definitely check the coil stops to make sure they are not broken. Not too hard to check as the brass bit will be floating in the sleeve. If that is not the problem then I would probably pull the coil sleeve and make sure things are moving freely and clean everything really well.

#2465 4 years ago

Just joined the club after picking up a game from Louisville expo. Thanks Zach from Flip n out!. Just want to drop a word of encouragement to all Premium buyers. All 3 premiums at the expo played perfectly. I was able to hit the Demogorgon and magnet lock on all 3 consistently. Whatever issues the early games had seemed to be fixed. Hope Strern makes it right for the early adopters with ramp and lock fixes.

#2466 4 years ago

Oh, and Stern UV kit rocks! I am impressed at the quality of the kit.

#2467 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Here’s where I did the prying. There is a metal post for the standup that is in front of the guide. Kinda using that for leverage.[quoted image]

Think you for posting this. It helped. A lot. It all but eliminated the ball hitting that sling every time. It looks like there’s a screw in there to adjust that orbit lane though. So as not to have to bend it ? Not quite sure.

#2468 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Awesome decor! I really dig it!
Sorry my contributions to this owner thread have been downers. As a fan of Brian Eddy and ST I really want to love this pin.
I think I’m finally ready to share what’s going on with me in an appropriate and constructive way.
I’m working on doing some videos in my game room for pinball newbies.
As part of that I filmed my “how to unbox your first nib pin” by unboxing my Stranger Things Premium.
Unfortunately, I got into it to discover a brand new playfield with scratches and bubbles in the clear. (At minute 30 on the vid you can see things go off course). The bubbles are in high traffic areas and the scratches are swirly in nature. Like it was wiped down using the wrong methods and not like it’s from gameplay.
I’m taking it as an opportunity to talk about not just unboxing, but also what to do when folks encounter situations where they need to contact support.

My distributor filed a ticket with Stern about a week ago including my pictures and video.
Haven’t heard back yet.
I’m planning on doing a follow up and more videos on many other pinball topics. So I am open to ideas on topics and insights/corrections.
Regarding future videos, is there an appropriate place/etiquette for sharing those things here on pinside?
Don’t want to spam just help and inform since pinball is seeing a lot of newcomers and the amount of info to absorb can sometimes seem overwhelming.

Aren't there already a hundred "unbox your pin" kinda videos already out there for people that actually need them?

#2469 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Think you for posting this. It helped. A lot. It all but eliminated the ball hitting that sling every time. It looks like there’s a screw in there to adjust that orbit lane though. So as not to have to bend it ? Not quite sure.

Did you try to loosen the screw to see if there was some play there so you don't have to bend it (as much)? That's what I would have done. You might want to loosen a couple of them along that side to see how much movement you might have to work with.

Sounds like you're already past that option anyway.

#2470 4 years ago

I did a write-up of the UV Kit here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit-review

Some random photos... see the thread for the fully monty..

TLDR - It's a worthy add-on and I think ultimately every Stranger Things owner will insist on having it.

apron (resized).jpgapron (resized).jpginprogress (resized).jpginprogress (resized).jpgpcb1 (resized).jpgpcb1 (resized).jpgpcb1 (resized).jpgpcb1 (resized).jpg
#2471 4 years ago

Did I do something wrong running this wire on the UV kit? I’ve tried to tuck it more under the lights between them and the ramp itself but it keeps popping out..: any tips ?

B054F5E4-1E6C-4279-83BE-1445D6C0DC5B (resized).jpegB054F5E4-1E6C-4279-83BE-1445D6C0DC5B (resized).jpeg
#2472 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Now to install. Quick question.
I purchased a plastic protector kit before this kit was announced.
Do you all think it would interfere with the UV look to have them on?[quoted image]

I have the plastic protector set. It enhances the effect of the UV kit!

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Did I do something wrong running this wire on the UV kit? I’ve tried to tuck it more under the lights between them and the ramp itself but it keeps popping out..: any tips ?[quoted image]

Is there a hole closer to the stand up target where the harness starts? Under the ramp.

#2474 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

clear or blue/purple?

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Did I do something wrong running this wire on the UV kit? I’ve tried to tuck it more under the lights between them and the ramp itself but it keeps popping out..: any tips ?[quoted image]

In my opinion Stern should have made the wire come off closer to the hole. I had the same issue when I initially installed it and moved the wire so it goes under the ramp lateral to the shooter lane gate. You can still see it through the ramp but it is less noticeable and won't pop out from that location.

#2476 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Would love to see a pic of this.

#2477 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

clear or blue/purple?

Pink i believe. From mezel mods.

Ill try to snap a pic when im home from work.

#2478 4 years ago

Know what would completely change this game, if when you locked a ball all the drops reset or a short ball save was enabled, it is unreal how many good balls have been completely fucked by the auto launch on this game or gotten stuck behind the drops from an auto launch

#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Plunge better! Haha

That’s something the designer says when you find a flaw

#2481 4 years ago

I can’t remember the last time I let a pinball machine auto launch a ball. I guess I’m used to it. Haha

#2482 4 years ago

For the UV kit, what are the differences between the models?

#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

For the UV kit, what are the differences between the models?

Pro UV kit has a plastic apron. Prem/LE has a metal one. They aren't interchangable.

#2484 4 years ago

So I bought this for my son but it had me thinking and I simply don’t have the time or a 3D printer but what about putting this truck up here in the corner and on top of this have some. Dead looking earth and rotten pumpkins. Wire it up so the headlights are on. Maybe replace that red flashed with a pumpkin or something. Be a nice toy and use up some pretty blankd space

0E90E3CB-F11E-40C1-920C-9490465701FA (resized).jpeg0E90E3CB-F11E-40C1-920C-9490465701FA (resized).jpeg50E99458-C815-4B70-AF53-E086E6C36DDD (resized).jpeg50E99458-C815-4B70-AF53-E086E6C36DDD (resized).jpeg616D1850-0369-4970-95BE-C92EC1A4454B (resized).jpeg616D1850-0369-4970-95BE-C92EC1A4454B (resized).jpeg82686E27-B429-4BE7-A810-94A1966C2731 (resized).jpeg82686E27-B429-4BE7-A810-94A1966C2731 (resized).jpegEDE14D91-0FE7-4361-96EE-3DB9DDA5D93F (resized).jpegEDE14D91-0FE7-4361-96EE-3DB9DDA5D93F (resized).jpegF9796D2E-0CDC-4268-BFBF-5D636262F608 (resized).jpegF9796D2E-0CDC-4268-BFBF-5D636262F608 (resized).jpeg
#2485 4 years ago

Well I thought I had my ball lock dialed, but it’s back to its old ways.

#2486 4 years ago

Where did you find that truck looks perfect for that spot. Nice find

#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Where did you find that truck looks perfect for that spot. Nice find

Just a hot wheels 1/32 model

#2488 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Pro UV kit has a plastic apron. Prem/LE has a metal one. They aren't interchangable.

Thanks bud. Is the metal apron so different on this game that it wont bolt up to a pro playfield?

#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just a hot wheels 1/32 model

ah cool, found it on amazon. thanks

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Thanks bud. Is the metal apron so different on this game that it wont bolt up to a pro playfield?

Correct. You can’t put the metal one on a pro.

#2491 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks!

#2492 4 years ago

My UV kit showed up today. Hoping to install it after the Kids are in bed.

#2493 4 years ago

Holy crap this game is awesome!!!!

The last Demo mode isn’t coded? Ramp just closed up before I had a chance to hit it

Tiny piece of felt fixed left ball guide beautifully

Right ball guide, I assume the post rubber is supposed to be there to kick ball?

Just got total isolation and 500,000, most of points scored on Demo modes though

UV kit going in this weekend.

I couldn’t be happier fellas. JP, Elvira and now STH.

#2494 4 years ago

Where are you putting the felt piece in the left
Guide? At the end?

#2495 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Where are you putting the felt piece in the left
Guide? At the end?

Very tip at end of guide, tiny piece. Better than risking bending the guide imo

Works 100%

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I already fitted a metal apron to my pro ( new from pinball life) why would the UV kit in metal not work?
Its really confusing and hard to get a straight answer from stern.
Im also confused on how the comet and pinstadium ones work wothout compromising the the mode boards? The stern kit I think had an add on circuit card?? I know it has plastics as well.

Any help appreciated! Would love to add one of the options to my machine.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I already fitted a metal apron to my pro ( new from pinball life) why would the UV kit in metal not work?
Its really confusing and hard to get a straight answer from stern.
Im also confused on how the comet and pinstadium ones work wothout compromising the the mode boards? The stern kit I think had an add on circuit card?? I know it has plastics as well.
Any help appreciated! Would love to add one of the options to my machine.

The metal apron stern uses attaches to the game completely differently than the plastic apron. It uses posts that go through the playfield.

The pro apron attaches via screws that are under the apron cards I believe.

You’ll have to contact the LED companies for your other questions.

#2498 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The last Demo mode isn’t coded? Ramp just closed up before I had a chance to hit it

It’s on a timer I believe. Then it lights all shots for jackpots. Mode ends when you’re back down to one ball. More code coming for those last two for sure though.

#2499 4 years ago

Okay here is my write up on how to take out the main ramp, without driving yourself crazy trying to figure it out like i did lol.

Step 1: Start on the right hand side of projector assembly (this is the only step i forgot to take a picture of), there is a clear plastic with black swirls all over it. Remove the 1/4' hex post that attaches it to the back of the projector side assembly, then remove the tall 1/4' hex post that holds it to the bottom of that same piece. Put plastic piece aside in safe area.

Step 2: Unscrew the 2 5/16" nylon lock nuts that hold the panel to the base, once it is free you it will give you easy access to the two phillips head screws holding the opto in place, remove those also. Your right side projector panel will now be free to remove from the machine.

IMG_06332 (resized).jpgIMG_06332 (resized).jpg

Step 3: Move to left projector panel side, remove the 1/4' hex post and single phillips head screw holding the clear plastic with black swirls in place, also remove the small black phillips head screw at the end of the plastic. This plastic will now be free to be removed from the machine.

IMG_06322 (resized).jpgIMG_06322 (resized).jpg
IMG_06312 (resized).jpgIMG_06312 (resized).jpg
IMG_06302 (resized).jpgIMG_06302 (resized).jpg

Step 4: There is another section of clear plastic with black swirls under the one that was just removed. Take out the phillips head screw and the 5/16" nylon lock nut by the demogorgan and it will come free. Its take a little wiggling it in different positions to get it out but can be done.

IMG_06292 (resized).jpgIMG_06292 (resized).jpg
IMG_06282 (resized).jpgIMG_06282 (resized).jpg

Step 5: Now that the back of the panel is all exposed remove the single led light board attached to the back of the panel and then remove 1/4" hex post and 5/16" nylon lock nut. This will then let you lay the panel flat to access the two phillips head screws to remove the other side of the opto.

IMG_06272 (resized).jpgIMG_06272 (resized).jpg
IMG_06262 (resized).jpgIMG_06262 (resized).jpg
IMG_06252 (resized).jpgIMG_06252 (resized).jpg

Step 6: Now your ramp is completely exposed. Remove the 3/8" hex nut that is attached to the swing arm of the ramp (will also need a phillips head screwdriver to remove this) Pop the black C clip off the right side of the ramp and wiggle the pivot rod that goes through the ramp out the left side. The pivot rod will only go so far before hitting the side of the left ramp, but its enough for you to then angle the right side of the ramp up and pull it off the rod the rest of the way. It helps if the brass fitting is popped out of the left side of the ramp base, it will give you more of an angel to get the ramp out.

IMG_06242 (resized).jpgIMG_06242 (resized).jpg
IMG_06232 (resized).jpgIMG_06232 (resized).jpg

If anyone has any questions just ask!

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why cant you??
The pro has the holes drilled in the play field but there are screws in them. I think if you remove those screws it can be done. I’ll get pics when I get home from work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/50?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.