IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 449.
#151 4 years ago

I've moved my outlane posts to the middle. I'm also not very good! I've also leveled and adjusted the game and it's a little broken in and playing so smooth.

As for predictions on the projector - I'm always in for the prem/LE model but I really think this projector will be an epic fail. Not only do I think it won't work well enough unless you are absolutely pitch black, I don't see the assets it's showing as significant enough to truly make a big difference especially with the trade off of having those white screens to look at.

I kind of hope I'm wrong bc I want the prem version of ST to be awesome but this just has fail written all over it, especially with Stern not even displaying it upon reveal and still nothing. There is no way Stern passes up on showing this thing if it was truly ready.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can’t believe anyone has anything bad to say about any season. They are all incredible.

Re watching season 2 last night was the ONLY thing that kept me awake past midnight, and I normally hate re watching anything. Every season is a masterpiece.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

I’m in on a LE. Thanks Tommy! Any Premium/LE videos out there? Can’t seem to see any.

There’s just the initial one that’s in the IGN article. Nothing else available yet.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As for predictions on the projector - I'm always in for the prem/LE model but I really think this projector will be an epic fail. Not only do I think it won't work well enough unless you are absolutely pitch black, I don't see the assets it's showing as significant enough to truly make a big difference especially with the trade off of having those white screens to look at.

I'm going with epic success. We will see.

I could care less about what it looks like when its turned off.

#155 4 years ago

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the pro model in the next week or 2. Gonna be out on medical for 3 weeks and will need something to do in the meantime. I really want this game. But don’t know if I can convince the wife of my purchasing it. What do u guys think would happen if I just order it without her knowledge ?

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the pro model in the next week or 2. Gonna be out on medical for 3 weeks and will need something to do in the meantime. I really want this game. But don’t know if I can convince the wife of my purchasing it. What do u guys think would happen if I just order it without her knowledge ?

Only one way to find out!

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

She will love your for it #1

Secondly, wait until you see the premium reveal before you decide

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only one way to find out!

I like the way you think! This would be my second pin if I decide to do it. My first was a used SP I bought from another member on this forum. I quickly got bored with that one.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

She will love your for it #1
Secondly, wait until you see the premium reveal before you decide

I won’t be able to afford the premium model. Pro is the highest trim I can afford.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm going with epic success. We will see.

The screens do not bother me when the pin is off.

07947C4C-0495-4461-846B-2E5A2E1BD464 (resized).jpeg07947C4C-0495-4461-846B-2E5A2E1BD464 (resized).jpeg
#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I'm thinking of the same thing with a pro. Can always try Stanley's advice from The Office if she gets upset! 33s-45s lol.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I like the way you think! This would be my second pin if I decide to do it. My first was a used SP I bought from another member on this forum. I quickly got bored with that one.

This will be my second as well. My wife is currently in the "you are not getting another machine" but then after I say nothing she turns and says "youre just going to get it, arent you?", phase. So I can get it with little consequence, but she will be fake mad for 30 mins or so once she sees it.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This will be my second as well. My wife is currently in the "you are not getting another machine" but then after I say nothing she turns and says "youre just going to get it, arent you?", phase. So I can get it with little consequence, but she will be fake mad for 30 mins or so once she sees it.

Same here. I’ve made some big ticket purchases before without her blessings but not as much as this one is gonna cost. I told her I’m not going to stop at just one pin. And she didn’t like that. But oh well. I told her you married me for better or for worse!!

#165 4 years ago

Seriously Law. I'll be pulling the tarp off after the play delay. When you flip the on button, that's when it gets real!

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I won’t be able to afford the premium model. Pro is the highest trim I can afford.

Get it. It looks great. Watched several hours on a couple of streams. Great pro.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Get it. It looks great. Watched several hours on a couple of streams. Great pro.

I plan on it. What are your guys’ thoughts on financing a pinball machine ? Anyone here gone that route to purchase a game?

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you flip the on button, that's when it gets real!

Indeed. I don't look at my machines and judge them when they are off, because that's really really weird.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Anyone have any experience with a shaker on the Stranger Things Pro??

Yes, I have one in mine. Good shaker integration. It’s moderate, not crazy Prolonged shaking In any modes that I’ve noticed so far. Feels good, I am a sucker for shakers though.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

She’ll get over it. Trust me. By the time you buy your 10th, she won’t even bat an eyelash

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I plan on it. What are your guys’ thoughts on financing a pinball machine ? Anyone here gone that route to purchase a game?

No. Unless it’s interest free, it’s a dumb idea.

#172 4 years ago

You can always go with saying when you said "no more pinball machines" I thought you had said "No! More pinball machines!"

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You can always go with saying when you said "no more pinball machines" I thought you had said "No! More pinball machines!"

MORE (resized).jpgMORE (resized).jpg
#174 4 years ago

I think the projector on the LE/Prem will look pretty good in a dark game room ...

But as for streaming, and why they have held off for now, it's likely because they play in well lit rooms so you can see them play on camera, which likely washes the shit out of the projected images.

When Deadflip streams it, I'm almost thinking they are going to do it in a very dark room this time.

I'll also say if you don't have a light controlled room where you are playing this, the LE/Prem projector may be a waste of money for you. I just don't see the effect working great (or even at all) in a room with ambient lighting.

I think it's going to look like this image quality in a lit room, maybe a little better. I think projector screen expectations need to be set for this so you aren't disappointed. I feel if people don't set this expectation now, and they start getting their Prem/LE setup, a ton of people will be on Pinside very unhappy because that had unrealistic expectations.

348s (resized).jpg348s (resized).jpg

#175 4 years ago

I'm thinking of picking up a pro as well. I think it would look excellent next to my Munsters which is constantly panned on here but I love. Almost 1400 plays on that and still play it every day.

One of the local watering holes got this pin two days ago and put a bunch of plays on it. The ramps and orbits shoot nicely but the Gorgon is an impossible shot. I have to imagine stern will either make a major code change to make that shot something worth shooting for or do some sort of hardware change to make it easier. I was there for hours and we only saw two shots go in and some of these guys are really good. When the payout is less than 1 mil that's not worth going for and most stopped. The modes are where it's at right now so I hope they do something to change that and make it something to shoot for as it's the main focus of the pin.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I'm thinking of picking up a pro as well. I think it would look excellent next to my Munsters which is constantly panned on here but I love. Almost 1400 plays on that and still play it every day.
One of the local watering holes got this pin two days ago and put a bunch of plays on it. The ramps and orbits shoot nicely but the Gorgon is an impossible shot. I have to imagine stern will either make a major code change to make that shot something worth shooting for or do some sort of hardware change to make it easier. I was there for hours and we only saw two shots go in and some of these guys are really good. When the payout is less than 1 mil that's not worth going for and most stopped. The modes are where it's at right now so I hope they do something to change that and make it something to shoot for as it's the main focus of the pin.

They should make it where you either hit it in 3X shots to complete it for say 15M (just as an example) but if you can get it in the hole it completes for 30M. Something to that effect

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

P.S. I'm feeling like the Pro is going to be better than the Prem for the value. The argument of them not doing a ton of coding for the projector makes sense...We've had 2nd screens not really supported well, a la WWELE and SW.
I could see it being gimmicky; and then the telekenesis lock slowing things down a bit. TF Pro was quicker than TF LE with that upper right hand mini game thingy that sucked the flow out of the game...I feel like the lock works really well on the pro here; this game has incredible flow.

Not a direct comparison, but they did a nice amount of coding on the BKSoR upper playfield.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Owned the pro for about three days and I hit that shot 90% of the time assuming I can line it up properly.... And I'm not very good.

It's a machine by machine thing.

#179 4 years ago

Sick of the other thread, this is a breath of fresh air...
No hints of a prem/le stream as yet?

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

I haven’t heard anything yet. I’ll report back as soon as I do though.

#181 4 years ago

I might have slept on this but I realized if you're able to sneak the ball past the four drops before you hit all four down, you get credit for all 4. Best example of this is when I hit the two middle drops and then shoot the ball through, I get credit for all 4.

Nice little touch of strategy for a risky area - avoids having to hit all four.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t heard anything yet. I’ll report back as soon as I do though.

I could have sworn I heard Jack (DeadFlip) mention a Prem/LE reveal stream at the end of this month. Might be wrong but thought I heard that...

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I might have slept on this but I realized if you're able to sneak the ball past the four drops before you hit all four down, you get credit for all 4. Best example of this is when I hit the two middle drops and then shoot the ball through, I get credit for all 4.
Nice little touch of strategy for a risky area - avoids having to hit all four.

Yep. Early code wasn’t consistently doing this but now it seems it does it 100% of the time. Glad it was intentional because getting to those last couple demo modes is going to be really hard.

#184 4 years ago

also - that weird VUK on the far left is actually a good shot to hit to intentionally take down the four drops as it rarely ends up draining on you when it shoots out but usually takes down drops.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

also - that weird VUK on the far left is actually a good shot to hit to intentionally take down the four drops as it rarely ends up draining on you when it shoots out but usually takes down drops.

I like to use that for the far right drop and to get burn it back progress. If you have the right drop down already, give the game a nudge from the right as the ball is being ejected. Should hit that burn it back switch at least once. Might even get two if it goes up and back.

#186 4 years ago

nice - thanks!

I also like the apron cards that stern included instead of the dumb yellow price cards. The cards are actually nice with christmas lights around them - match well.

20200102_083307 (resized).jpg20200102_083307 (resized).jpg
#187 4 years ago

sorry if this has already been answered or not, but has anyone released a gameplay stream of the premium/le? I've been off pinside for a week or so but now im back at work and on pinside lol

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

sorry if this has already been answered or not, but has anyone released a gameplay stream of the premium/le? I've been off pinside for a week or so but now im back at work and on pinside lol

Not yet. But hopefully soon.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think the projector on the LE/Prem will look pretty good in a dark game room ...
But as for streaming, and why they have held off for now, it's likely because they play in well lit rooms so you can see them play on camera, which likely washes the shit out of the projected images.
When Deadflip streams it, I'm almost thinking they are going to do it in a very dark room this time.
I'll also say if you don't have a light controlled room where you are playing this, the LE/Prem projector may be a waste of money for you. I just don't see the effect working great (or even at all) in a room with ambient lighting.
I think it's going to look like this image quality in a lit room, maybe a little better. I think projector screen expectations need to be set for this so you aren't disappointed. I feel if people don't set this expectation now, and they start getting their Prem/LE setup, a ton of people will be on Pinside very unhappy because that had unrealistic expectations.
[quoted image]

Who plays in a room lit like that? My pin room is relatively dark, as are most people's when I go to play at their house too.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

No stream of the prem/le yet. Hopefully soon!

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Who plays in a room lit like that? My pin room is relatively dark, as are most people's when I go to play at their house too.

At least for me, when you have people over for a party. For Christmas I had extended family over and turning off the lights so one of the many games would work properly wasn't going to happen as it would impact others and cut off that social feel.

#192 4 years ago

Phillips hue for the win. Just turn off the light nearest to the game.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Phillips hue for the win. Just turn off the light nearest to the game.

You will need a black room for that projector to be worth it. I don't expect it to be a one light off and we're good thing - sterns' promo video supports that where it's entirely dark along with my experience with projectors in general.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You will need a black room for that projector to be worth it. I don't expect it to be a one light off and we're good thing - sterns' promo video supports that where it's entirely dark along with my experience with projectors in general.

itll certainly look sharper the darker it is, we shall see! equally as pumped to see the projector myself as i was to see the game for the first time.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Owned the pro for about three days and I hit that shot 90% of the time assuming I can line it up properly.... And I'm not very good.
It's a machine by machine thing.

Yep, I'm a quite average pinball player and I've hit it more times than I've missed it. I was worried from what I had read from others but issues with that shot have not been present on ours.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

We shall see! LE arriving in February. Hopefully sooner.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

At least for me, when you have people over for a party. For Christmas I had extended family over and turning off the lights so one of the many games would work properly wasn't going to happen as it would impact others and cut off that social feel.

When I have people over, the social chat happens in another area since pinball machines are loud and not easy to have conversations next to.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

When I have people over, the social chat happens in another area since pinball machines are loud and not easy to have conversations next to.

Isn’t that the Reason for a game room? Less yap more flap! Lol

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Isn’t that the Reason for a game room? Less yap more flap! Lol

HAH exactly!

#200 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm the metal apron part number from their manual that would fit the Pro version at all?
Thankyou

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/4?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.