IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 448.
#2401 4 years ago

I finally found some time to go play Stranger Things on location and man what a waste of a fantastic license.

I hope it’s all code related, there’s a bunch of shots that do nothing, hitting the drop targets of the demogorgon is terribly unsatisfying as nothing shows on the screen and most of the « video » screen is used for static images.

I get the idea of a simple playfield that shoot fast like ATM but it didn’t need to be designed like a zizzle.

So thank you Stern but no thank you.

#2402 4 years ago
0666EFF4-BA1D-4729-9DCC-68FE173E66C2 (resized).jpeg0666EFF4-BA1D-4729-9DCC-68FE173E66C2 (resized).jpeg
#2403 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Throw it away and buy an LE.

I probably should've. I'm pretty sure the HDMI output is fried on the MPU. Stern is closed till Monday :-/

#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

Where is this from?! MKV mentioned a few these too! Can't wait for this game to get fully baked. There's just so much potential with all the awesomeness!

#2406 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

Pro Owners don’t see that. Not cool. At all.

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

what a waste of a fantastic license.

What a waste of a post. Take your negative opinions over to the STh-bashing thread, which is populated by the uninformed and uninitiated. This is the club thread for people who have played the game enough in a home environment to know how awesome it is.

Here...I'll tee it up for you:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things

#2408 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Where is this from?! MKV mentioned a few these too! Can't wait for this game to get fully baked. There's just so much potential with all the awesomeness!

Just listened to Brian’s speech at LAX. He’s as frustrated as we are with some of the mech adjustments. I’m excited to see what’s to come.

#2409 4 years ago

The UV is really cool. Pictures don't do it justice. Definitely adds a dimension to the game and is a great example of perfect theme integration.

44805C56-657B-430D-B592-D742EA683E66 (resized).jpeg44805C56-657B-430D-B592-D742EA683E66 (resized).jpeg
#2410 4 years ago

I received my Stranger Things Premium this afternoon and finally got some time on it. It's a brutal game, but I'm loving it. The theme and music are awesome. So far, knock on wood, everything seems to work as well as I expected. We put a lot of time into setting it up and leveling it though. I like that it usually takes a few shots to kill the Demo. But then again, I thought that the Gem shot difficulty made Tron a better game. I added a Polk subwoofer and PDI glass so far, with a UV kit on order. I don't understand the hate for it.

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What a waste of a post. Take your negative opinions over to the STh-bashing thread, which is populated by the uninformed and uninitiated. This is the club thread for people who have played the game enough in a home environment to know how awesome it is.
Here...I'll tee it up for you:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things

It is a club thread and I get what your saying but unfortunately it's a public forum and prospective buyers are going to frequent it and drop the odd comment. Gotto take the good with the bad. It is what it is. I'm still on the fence with this game so I still appreciate all views and opinions on both threads relating to this game including the negative.

#2412 4 years ago

This is literally how the club threads DONT WORK. if you want to spout off whatever, hit the non-club Stern threads

#2413 4 years ago

I got my UV kit installed last night and streamed it for a bit. It is really an amazing effect in person and a lot of the pics and streams don't capture it well. I think I got that to come through on the stream OK though. The UV lighting is almost too bright, I really can't imagine adding additional lighting in addition to this kit.

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

It is a club thread and I get what your saying but unfortunately it's a public forum and prospective buyers are going to frequent it and drop the odd comment. Gotto take the good with the bad. It is what it is. I'm still on the fence with this game so I still appreciate all views and opinions on both threads relating to this game including the negative.

There is a difference in constructive criticism and non. Coming into a club thread full of owners and fans of the game stating "the game is designed like a zizzle" is going to do nothing constructive and only start a shit storm. The thread is not all sunshine and rainbow rooms, as you can see by the amount of people talking through issues, etc. But I think grown adults know the meaning of constructive.

#2415 4 years ago

I just joined the club. I wasn't planning to for a while at least, but a deal popped up. The game sure is nice looking. I still have to get a feel for everything.

Can I get some input on the left orbit feed? Mine is hitting the left sling when coming out of the center or left inner shots, which often ends in death. It seems fine when going through the right inner loop, but those are screaming back to the left flipper.

#2416 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I just joined the club. I wasn't planning to for a while at least, but a deal popped up. The game sure is nice looking. I still have to get a feel for everything.
Can I get some input on the left orbit feed? Mine is hitting the left sling when coming out of the center or left inner shots, which often ends in death. It seems fine when going through the right inner loop, but those are screaming back to the left flipper.

chuckwurt pointed out his did this while doing some pitch testing for his mag shot. He mentioned increasing the pitch smoothing this out.

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I've been getting good at nudging that to miss the flipper. Both machines I've played have this problem. If you watch deadflip streams he nudges as well on that feed. This machine will teach nudging skills for sure.

My machine is setup at 6.6 degrees at the flippers. I'd guess at least 7 degrees for it not to hit it but then the game plays too fast for everyone else in the house. 6.6 is a bit too much for them as it is. Been thinking of taking back down to 6.3

#2418 4 years ago

Man, thats not what i was hoping haha. I didn't check my incline, but the bubble was all the way at the top at first. I just brought it back a bit as it was crazy fast. The bubble is still over the line though.

I have been nudging, but it takes a pretty good nudge to avoid the sling. It also is impacting the WAF haha!

#2419 4 years ago

Anyone else notice or wonder why this game has different flipper coils on the right and left side? The left is part 090-5032-ND and the right part is 090-5020-20-ND. Several of us feel the right flipper gets a little weaker over time. I'm curious if this is the reason, or Stern's attempt at fixing it?

IMG_1593 (resized).jpegIMG_1593 (resized).jpegIMG_1594 (resized).jpegIMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
#2420 4 years ago

I don’t want to get everyone’s hopes up, but I talked to Brian Eddy just now and he said award map image may be staying. Said it has to do with collecting all the hand drawn tunnel system map images from the show. He wouldn’t give me more info than that, but it seems cool.

From his seminar last night, and talking with him today, there seems like tons more is in store for this game and his team seems really passionate about it. I’m excited.

He also confirmed that the diverter arm needs to be adjusted just right and the closer the back wall of the ramp is to the player, the better.

#2421 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He also confirmed that the diverter arm needs to be adjusted just right and the closer the back wall of the ramp is to the player, the better.

Did he mention how to make this adjustment? Some of us have tried putting something between the ramp and back board, but neither the ramp or backboard have much room to move.

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Did he mention how to make this adjustment? Some of us have tried putting something between the ramp and back board, but neither the ramp or backboard have much room to move.

Agreed. He did not. But said that’s the key and to get with service for help if we need it.

#2423 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. He did not. But said that’s the key and to get with service for help if we need it.

They, or someone, should 3D print an alignment tool that you use as a template between the diverter arm and ramp (it's too damn difficult to get an accurate measure up there). That way you could just loosen the mech, slide in the template, make it snug, tighten the mech, and you're gold.

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

They, or someone, should 3D print an alignment tool that you use as a template between the diverter arm and ramp (it's too damn difficult to get an accurate measure up there). That way you could just loosen the mech, slide in the template, make it snug, tighten the mech, and you're gold.

I use this. Works fine.

Komelon 4110CS Keychain Tape Measure Acrylic Coated Steel Blade 10' by 1/4", Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AGWOXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tY-yEbBEXBEDP

#2425 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've been bugging them and my distributor by email for a while. The only thing I've gotten is that PDF which you previously posted. I've come up with some stuff on my own, but I'm not completely satisfied with how it works and I know many of us are in the same situation.

#2426 4 years ago

Agreed. The best route imo is to keep bugging them once a week until they help. Hopefully with these later run games they are able to dial them in and use that knowledge to help us early people.

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I did a little “adjusting” (read: bending inward) of the guide along the left orbit. It seems to help and now only hits the sling maybe 10% of the time when it’s really bouncing around.

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

I did a little “adjusting” (read: bending inward) of the guide along the left orbit. It seems to help and now only hits the sling maybe 10% of the time when it’s really bouncing around.

Ya I was going to do that, but didn't see a great place to "anchor" against to do the pry method. I will give it another shot. Thanks

#2429 4 years ago

For those of you have to change out your ramp I can tell you it isn’t to bad. I’ve pulled mine out twice now (working on projector material swaps) the first time it took me about 30 min but this 2nd time it took me about 10 min. I’ll take some pics as I put it back together so everyone gets an idea what they are up against.

#2430 4 years ago

Had the chance to wax the playfield earlier this week. I use Meguiar's Carnauba Plus as I always let the finish stand for an hour to adhere/cure. Wow, that silver ball is just a blur now w/ the trajectory blazing w/ speeds at what seems to be 90 MPH. My scores have decreased now but will need to let the playfield settle down eventually to normal play.

Has anyone noticed that the other STh's bashing tread has slowed down to a trickle? It seems that all the bad criticism has slowly reversed since this title has been developing w/ updates & fixes. Plus when this machine is played in home-use, one is able to completely grasp the STh's atmosphere/gameplay. STh's is simply another Stern example that will eventually transcend into pinball excellence.

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Has anyone noticed that the other STh's bashing tread has slowed down to a trickle?

It’s the same with every game. It’s been out for a while, so the negative crowd has moved on to the next game.

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

There is a difference in constructive criticism and non. Coming into a club thread full of owners and fans of the game stating "the game is designed like a zizzle" is going to do nothing constructive and only start a shit storm. The thread is not all sunshine and rainbow rooms, as you can see by the amount of people talking through issues, etc. But I think grown adults know the meaning of constructive.

I didn’t post that comment to light a fire or to bash it. I am also sure that some people like it, I just didn’t.
Stranger Things was on my maybe buy list as I’m looking for a fast shooter after years of deep rules stop and go type of games.
What I meant by Zizzle is that the playfield is quite empty, there isn’t much to shoot so it calls for a richer code with lots of video, light and sound effects, this game lacks that which made the few shots feel unrewarding.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I am also sure that some people like it,

100% of the posters in this club thread like the game. That’s the purpose of a club thread. So it’s stupid to come in here and tell us why you dislike the game. WE DONT CARE. haha

#2434 4 years ago

Okay got my machine all back together with lots of pics of how to take the ramp out. I’ll do a full write up later. In the mean time I am loving this black diamond material! Here is a pic of my lighting setup and a pic of the game. My shop lighting is made up of four of these dual led tube’d lights.

Here is a pic of the machine (no glass on) with the shop at full brightness

4174C2BA-246F-483A-AC0C-DEA1031D9CCC (resized).jpeg4174C2BA-246F-483A-AC0C-DEA1031D9CCC (resized).jpegDB8B6D7B-A757-4B00-9D0D-A20E3111BB0A (resized).jpegDB8B6D7B-A757-4B00-9D0D-A20E3111BB0A (resized).jpeg
#2435 4 years ago

Just got my game set up and played about an hour or so on it. Heading back out later for more

It’s heavy, lifting on my stool by myself to get back legs on was dicey!

It’s set up pretty steep. Bubble at the top

Game is in your face for sure. Had to get used to that at first.

Demo shot was easily made. More times than not. Maybe I had it set up right? Jan 30 build

Telekinesis lock worked great.

Basically zero issues out of the box. Need to update code was on .83

Immersion wise it puts you right into the show. Sounds and light show are great. Call outs?

I freaking love the game so far. Much more so than when I unboxed Elvira at first

Should receive uv kit on Monday

Great f ing job thus far again Eddy, Mike and Lonnie

#2436 4 years ago

So I'm beginning to think Brian Eddy is a genius. Say what you will about this game, but the projector and UV kit pull you into the STh world like no other game I can think of. Anyone that says the theme wasn't successfully integrated is an idiot. And for those of you thinking of going for a cheaper option...DON'T. This game was made to put this kit in - the playfield is even dimpled to screw it in. (And yes, that pisses me off, too.) And please notice the spinning lit MezelMods arcade sign...also awesome!

During the installation, I found more dimples and disconnected wires, so I think there may even be something else in store for this game (that should have been included in the LE).

Here are two pictures of my game, and they are literally night and day in terms of setting mood. When Stern announced Eddy as an employee, I thought he was going to do Jaws, and it would have been an instant buy. This was far down my list for other choices for themes, but I'm glad he did it. And I'm excited to see what he comes up with next.

(And PS - my shooter lane plastic was already broken...can someone make a clear protector for that, please? And do the blue plastic protectors effect the UV lights?)
20200307_193425 (resized).jpg20200307_193425 (resized).jpg20200307_193656 (resized).jpg20200307_193656 (resized).jpg

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Man, thats not what i was hoping haha. I didn't check my incline, but the bubble was all the way at the top at first. I just brought it back a bit as it was crazy fast. The bubble is still over the line though.

Push on the level tube to make sure it’s seated correctly.

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Okay got my machine all back together with lots of pics of how to take the ramp out. I’ll do a full write up later. In the mean time I am loving this black diamond material! Here is a pic of my lighting setup and a pic of the game. My shop lighting is made up of four of these dual led tube’d lights.
Here is a pic of the machine (no glass on) with the shop at full brightness[quoted image][quoted image]

WOW. What a difference- and in full light. Looks incredible.

Is there any way to change the other screens?
F926AAC6-5D1C-478F-845F-0F10FC06AF39 (resized).jpegF926AAC6-5D1C-478F-845F-0F10FC06AF39 (resized).jpeg
E47D940E-8035-47A8-B558-04947A3F1F59 (resized).jpegE47D940E-8035-47A8-B558-04947A3F1F59 (resized).jpeg

#2439 4 years ago

Need a little help here. Downloaded and installed the new 0.86 code and now the demogorgon modes start without hitting the drops. When a ball goes in the pops, hits a switch or sometimes just when I flip it cycles through will look out run without hitting any of the drop targets. I've tried the LE and premium files, but they do the same thing. Thoughts?

#2440 4 years ago

Dr-Willy & beelzeboob Are those art blades inside there that I see? Where did you get those? I don't see official ones on the Stern site.

I'm wondering if I they are going to make side art that is compatible with the UV light kit.

New thing that's bumming me out (I honestly want to love this game guys but I'm not there yet) looking through my UV kit materials... They seriously want me to swap out my metal apron for a plastic one!?

Has anyone just grabbed the UV lights from the plastic apron and retro fitted it to their original metal one?

I don't really consider switching metal to plastic an upgrade.

#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

dr-willy & beelzeboob Are those art blades inside there that I see? Where did you get those? I don't see official ones on the Stern site.
I'm wondering if I they are going to make side art that is compatible with the UV light kit.
New thing that's bumming me out (I honestly want to love this game guys but I'm not there yet) looking through my UV kit materials... They seriously want me to swap out my metal apron for a plastic one!?
Has anyone just grabbed the UV lights from the plastic apron and retro fitted it to their original metal one?
I don't really consider switching metal to plastic an upgrade.

You ordered the wrong kit. There is a drop down menu to choose between premium and pro for the uv kit. Contact whoever you bought it through or stern directly and get it exchanged.

Also no I don’t have any art blades in my game perhaps you are seeing weird reflections/lights playing tricks.

Boob’s does have art blades, all LEs come with Le exclusive art blades.

#2442 4 years ago

I purchased the correct kit. So this would mean they maybe sent me the wrong one?

Documentation and parts labels don't mention anything about pro vs premium.

But here is my shipping details from Stern confirming I ordered the Premium and that's what they think they shipped me.

I got two separate packages so maybe they mixed up the apron?

Can anyone with a premium kit confirm if their new apron is plastic or metal?

Stern is not batting the best average with me with this table. I'll share a video with you folks tomorrow and ya'll will understand a bit more why this table and I have started off on the wrong foot.

Stern Stranger Things Premium UV Kit Delivery Confirmation (resized).PNGStern Stranger Things Premium UV Kit Delivery Confirmation (resized).PNG
#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I purchased the correct kit. So this would mean they maybe sent me the wrong one?
Documentation and parts labels don't mention anything about pro vs premium.
But here is my shipping details from Stern confirming I ordered the Premium and that's what they think they shipped me.
I got two separate packages so maybe they mixed up the apron?
Can anyone with a premium kit confirm if their new apron is plastic or metal?
Stern is not batting the best average with me with this table. I'll share a video with you folks tomorrow and ya'll will understand a bit more why this table and I have started off on the wrong foot.[quoted image]

Yeah looks like they sent you the wrong apron. I was said on the live stream and other places online the premium/le kit comes with a metal apron.

Looking at the pics boob posted above of his game with the kit installed, he def has a metal apron on his.

#2444 4 years ago

The plastic apron would not fit on the le or premium, it's different becouse the pro has no projector

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Yeah looks like they sent you the wrong apron. I was said on the live stream and other places online the premium/le kit comes with a metal apron.
Looking at the pics boob posted above of his game with the kit installed, he def has a metal apron on his.

K. Thanks for the confirmation. Guess I have another ticket for Stern and it will be a little while longer before my install video.

Thank goodness it's not intended to be a downgrade.

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The UV is really cool. Pictures don't do it justice. Definitely adds a dimension to the game and is a great example of perfect theme integration.[quoted image]

Looks awesome. How hard is the install?

I’m going to order the kit, just feeling lazy about putting it in

#2447 4 years ago

These pics of the LE with the UV kit in has me Thinking of trading up from my Pro to LE...tempting

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Looks awesome. How hard is the install?
I’m going to order the kit, just feeling lazy about putting it in

It is straight forward. Basically just removing screws and nuts and putting them back. The game was clearly designed to have it so the connectors for the new board are already in the wiring harness and there are divots on the bottom of the playfield where the new board goes. I'd say most people could do it in an hour.

#2449 4 years ago

So I’m noticing that my flippers seem to be getting weak. I’ve upped the flipper power in the menu and it doesn’t seem like it has any effect. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to service the flipper mech somewhere for modern stern machines ??

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

WOW. What a difference- and in full light. Looks incredible.
Is there any way to change the other screens?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Unfortunately the black diamond material won’t work for the ramps. On my machine I did the main projector screen, the drop targets under it, and the four stand up targets (two at the entrance of each ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Guilford, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.