20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 445.
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm still having an issue with my left flipper sticking.

Make sure you have a credit card thickness clearance between the flipper bat and the bushing. I’ve seen this issue straight from Stern - flippers assembled with no gap.

#2252 4 years ago

Anyone try pin stadium’s UV light kit yet? I’m REALLY thinking about ordering a set. It looks so cool.

#2253 4 years ago

My premium arrived today. Only out of box issue I am having is the left ramp locking balls by its self. I have tracked it down to the left ramp exit opto. Seems the self tapping screws were perhaps over tightened and one of the opto sides is wiggle And registering the shot as hit when it is not.

Also the tk ball lock ramp firing will make the ramp shake enough that the opto fires. Going to put a couple of screws with nylon nuts on the sensor and see if it solves it.

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Only out of box issue I am having

They should hire someone who actually plays pinball on the line to do final inspection.

#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Anyone try pin stadium’s UV light kit yet? I’m REALLY thinking about ordering a set. It looks so cool.

I don’t think they are ready yet. Probably won’t be until the stern kits land and scott can make sure his work.

#2256 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think they are ready yet. Probably won’t be until the stern kits land and scott can make sure his work.

I ordered a set but haven't received them. He mentioned it might take a little longer to get these ones out.

#2257 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I ordered a set but haven't received them. He mentioned it might take a little longer to get these ones out.

I know he has his own LE now, so maybe he figured out how to get them to work, but when testing at my place we only got the flash to work. They didn’t come on during the upside down. So I assumed he had more testing to do.

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

They should hire someone who actually plays pinball on the line to do final inspection.

Real quick what did you use to adhere the new black diamond projector material?

#2259 4 years ago

I ordered the stern kit, no brainer here. It fits perfectly and works with the code.

#2260 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know he has his own LE now, so maybe he figured out how to get them to work, but when testing at my place we only got the flash to work. They didn’t come on during the upside down. So I assumed he had more testing to do.

Hey man.. just got to say. I've been only onnpinside for like 6 months and I am super impressed with how respectful and helpful you are to every person on here new or old timer.

If I ever meet you in person I'm buying you a drink

#2261 4 years ago

I'm on the fence between the stern version and the pin stadium. . . . Anyone want to sway me one way or the other?

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I'm on the fence between the stern version and the pin stadium. . . . Anyone want to sway me one way or the other?

Once my stern kit arrives, and I see Scott’s final version, I might be one of the few that’s seen both in action. I’ll be sure to report back.

Stern kits aren’t expected to land until later in March though.

#2263 4 years ago

Got mine setup.

I have it at out of box settings and angle is same as my Munsters (water bubble in level is in the middle).

Made the DemoVajayjay shot on the first try the first three times. Other shots I was not so lucky but Wether I was making it or not felt natural.

It’s a fast table. Thinking I will need to dial the flipper power back because deflected demo shots nailed the glass 4 times in 45 minutes of play.

I think my telekinesis lock isn’t working. I make the ramp. It says ball locked but the ball continues out the ramp and play continues.

I thought maybe I was locking a different multiball mode but then later I got telekinesis multiball and the lamp for it lit. It’s not acting at all like the promo video shows locking to the back board.

Projector is as weak as everyone says.

Ramps are very boring. Where are the cool ramp graphics stern shows in the promo video?

Also, is is just me or is the playfield too damn dark in a dark or dimly lit room? I was having lots of trouble seeing and tracking the ball and I don’t have this problem with my other tables right next to it in the same lighting.

Hoping a lot of this is fixed with code updates.

I ordered the UV kit when I bought the game. It hasn’t arrived yet.

At present the Upside down is rather boring. Hopefully the UV kit spices it up. But if it does, kinda feels like it should have been part of the Premium package out of box.

I have a couple other issues I don’t want to talk about yet. Partly because I have tickets into stern through my distributor and I want to give Stern time to respond and partly because I don’t like being in an owner thread and having nothing but mostly negative things to say about the game.

At present I’m kinda underwhelmed and having buyers remorse.

Maybe it will grow on me with new code, UV kit, some dialing in, and time.

#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

At present I’m kinda underwhelmed and having buyers remorse.

Welcome to the club. We're clinging on to the code here. Expect 1.0.0 by Christmas.

Quoted from dashv:

At present the Upside down is rather boring.

It's a distraction. Don't fall for it. This game tries to fool you into making stupid mistakes. This is one of them.

UV kit will be sweet and I hope they integrate it into a few of the modes too, like where's barb and other upside-downish modes.

Quoted from dashv:

some dialing in, and time.

It takes some work to bend and tweak everything in place. My game plays perfect now and I quite enjoy it when there's a few hundred million on the board.

#2265 4 years ago

Code! Praise this update! I've seen all these issues.

LE/PRE V0.86.0 - March 2, 2020
=====================

- Added Season 1 and Season 2 mode audits for starting a mode and collecting
a mode award.
- Fixed a bug in Monster Hunting where, upon making the last shot, the game
would wait too long before kicking the ball back into play.
- Fixed a bug in Turn Up The Heat where 1 frame of green appears on the screen
as the mode ends.
- Fixed a display effect bug in Turn up the Heat, Morse Code and Break Out that
could cause the game to crash as the mode ends.
- Fixed text on an Attract mode display effect where the text showed the player
scores from the previous game with the wrong outline. The credits and credit
pricing text also appeared incorrectly on this display effect.
- Fixed a display effect in Breakout where 1 frame of green appears on the
screen as the mode ends.
- Changed the default Demogorgon rule difficulty settings, i.e. Default = EASY.
Now the first Demogorgon Battle is qualified by completing one set of drop
targets (spell RUN!)

#2266 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Real quick what did you use to adhere the new black diamond projector material?

I used this adhesive for the black diamond: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D17INAS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
I used this adhesive to stick the white spacers to the standups: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK8PHZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
This is the corner cutter I used (size S): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076FJ7SS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
Here's the knife/scalpel set I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DRKZNP7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

My premium arrived today. Only out of box issue I am having is the left ramp locking balls by its self. I have tracked it down to the left ramp exit opto. Seems the self tapping screws were perhaps over tightened and one of the opto sides is wiggle And registering the shot as hit when it is not.
Also the tk ball lock ramp firing will make the ramp shake enough that the opto fires. Going to put a couple of screws with nylon nuts on the sensor and see if it solves it.

Fixed this. After chasing it and tearing half the game apart thinking the opto was misaligned with the holes in the ramp, it turned out it was just a bad opto. Well bad solder job on the opto. Sucked off old solder and reflowed and it’s good to go now.

I rerubbered the whole machine in Titan glow in the dark rubber. I will say this, getting to the three rubbers in the back of the machine in the pop bumper area is a nightmare so bad I hope the ones I put in there never brake. I had to take more of the game apart to get back there and change those.

#2268 4 years ago

Sweet. Hopefully resets are finally dead!

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I used this adhesive for the black diamond: amazon.com link »
I used this adhesive to stick the white spacers to the standups: amazon.com link »
This is the corner cutter I used (size S): amazon.com link »
Here's the knife/scalpel set I got: amazon.com link »

Thank you for this, excuse my dumb questions but what do you mean white spacers? are you talking about putting the original white material back on after it was removed?

I received two samples of the black diamond, one of the .8 and one of the 1.4. Im sure its just my eyes and everyones taste will be different but the 1.4 is the winner for me. To me it does everything the .8 does, but overall it gives a brighter picture than the .8 does.

#2270 4 years ago

Wow that little change to the demo difficulty pretty much guarantees you’ll get to three of the demo modes each game. This will help with tournament games that EBs are turned off, but stock settings it might be too easy. I’ll probably switch it back.

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Thank you for this, excuse my dumb questions but what do you mean white spacers?

There are no dumb questions, only stupid answers. What I mean with white spacers, is the standup plastic with the holes in them, you'll find them in your goody bag or flinged around the playfield because the adhesive Stern used is pretty crappy. The adhesive I prescribed above doesn't really dry and crack as the one used on the original. It's like snot and sticks really well so far. The extra white spacers in the goody bag has one side with adhesive, I used that to "double glue" the black diamond and spacer.

#2272 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow that little change to the demo difficulty pretty much guarantees you’ll get to three of the demo modes each game. This will help with tournament games that EBs are turned off, but stock settings it might be too easy. I’ll probably switch it back.

I honestly think this change make sense. You are more or less guaranteed the 2-ball multiball for each game and have the option to go deeper. I think I'm going to balance this out by toughen up the TK locks (two hits per lock instead of two hits for three locks). Getting TK MB is far too easy IMHO.

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I honestly think this change make sense. You are more or less guaranteed the 2-ball multiball for each game and have the option to go deeper. I think I'm going to balance this out by toughen up the TK locks (two hits per lock instead of two hits for three locks). Getting TK MB is far too easy IMHO.

But TK MB is worth way less on average than demo mode II.

Plus for those of us with inconsistencies in the TK lock, it’s plenty hard to get to. Haha

#2274 4 years ago

Stranger Things indeed

0245560B-23F2-4060-B584-F7EDF13EB6BC (resized).jpeg0245560B-23F2-4060-B584-F7EDF13EB6BC (resized).jpeg6DE40075-FC26-4F6A-B8E9-E3DFF012F5ED (resized).jpeg6DE40075-FC26-4F6A-B8E9-E3DFF012F5ED (resized).jpeg
#2276 4 years ago

I like how the ramp is down in attract mode now. Small change but with the Demo lit it makes the playfield look much cooler (might only apply to Pro as I'm guessing projector displays other stuff in attract mode directly on the ramp?)

#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But TK MB is worth way less on average than demo mode II.
Plus for those of us with inconsistencies in the TK lock, it’s plenty hard to get to. Haha

This.

Upside down while dangerous can garner you 30 Million in less than 10 seconds.

Tell me how long it takes you to get 30 million on your first TK MB

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Tell me how long it takes you to get 30 million on your first TK MB

For me, at least two trips through that MB. Haha

#2279 4 years ago

Anyone install the replacement ramp from Stern yet on LE or Premium? Not sure if it is any different on the pro. Really i have no idea if there is a difference in it I just know I got one from Stern after corresponding with them that I couldn't hit the Demo shot with any consistency.

#2280 4 years ago

I have one coming but haven’t received it yet. I don’t know if it’s any different.

#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Stranger Things indeed[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice !! Are you able to do something? Bashing the house = Hit the demogordon?

#2282 4 years ago

Hello UPS notification from Stern Pinball! Only one recent accessory for ST I ordered from them direct. Guess it won't be late March after all.

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone install the replacement ramp from Stern yet on LE or Premium? Not sure if it is any different on the pro. Really i have no idea if there is a difference in it I just know I got one from Stern after corresponding with them that I couldn't hit the Demo shot with any consistency.

The one I got is missing graphics so I have not installed it. Still waiting to hear when the proper kit will be shipped. I have had no update since Friday. I posted pictures of the replacement vs the one I have on the machine. There is a difference but it is not drastic.

#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Hello UPS notification from Stern Pinball! Only one recent accessory for ST I ordered from them direct. Guess it won't be late March after all.

Got mine as well! Looks like UV by the weekend if they are really going out today!

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Got mine as well! Looks like UV by the weekend if they are really going out today!

You guys in for Prem/LE or Pro UV Light kit. I'm in for a Pro, and suspect mine will be later than Prem/LE buyers.

#2286 4 years ago

Wait, just got my notification too!!!

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Wait, just got my notification too!!!

Yep mine was Pro as well. Is the code already ready for the kit or will we also need to wait for new code for it to work? Anyone know?

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Yep mine was Pro as well. Is the code already ready for the kit or will we also need to wait for new code for it to work? Anyone know?

Codes in there.

#2289 4 years ago

STHLE is finally on the way!

#2290 4 years ago

My UV kit also shipped today, shows Friday delivery

#2291 4 years ago

Is anyone’s TK ball lock working 100% of the time? I feel like mine works about 1 in 10 it usually gets half way up the metal arm and then comes back down or it falls off the arm and goes to up post. I’ve messed with it every which way I can.

Weird thing is if I roll it up the ramp with my hand it works perfect it’s just from the flipper.

#2292 4 years ago

Mines 100% for the first 20 mins of a session. Does that count? Haha

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mines 100% for the first 20 mins of a session. Does that count? Haha

Then what happens? Does it reject or go past the arm to the up post?

I think I might tear apart my flipper and see if the cool stop is jack and robbing power from the flipper.

#2294 4 years ago

I have the Same problem with inconsistent TK ball lock. Has anyone reached out to Stern yet?

#2295 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Then what happens? Does it reject or go past the arm to the up post?

Both. Probably more pass through than rejects, but definitely both. Gets to the point that it makes the magnet like 1/10 times if that.

#2296 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I have the Same problem with inconsistent TK ball lock. Has anyone reached out to Stern yet?

I have. They have plenty of videos and i for from me. Haha. They’ve given my stuff to engineering.

#2297 4 years ago

Great. Should I report as well or just wait to see what you hear? I don’t want to be a pain in the ass.

#2298 4 years ago

Definitely report it. The more info the better. Make sure you’ve done the pdf checklist items too. That helped me a ton. My issue is flipper power being inconsistent.

#2299 4 years ago

What’s pdf checklist?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Trade
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/46?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.