IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 449.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure this will work on the prem/LE. Haven’t tried though. I think it will cause hang ups.

I have a different idea now when I started to think about it. I will report back if it works or not.

#2202 4 years ago

The elastic band is working for me but I have gotten some hang ups from time to time. And with it holding forward the demo doesn’t shake as much.

#2203 4 years ago

Talk about a different game when you can hit the demogorgon shot lol. I used to only have a chance hitting it if I trapped up and took a very carefully aimed shot from the left flipper after nudging the machine to get the demo centered. Last game I killed the first demo on the second shot on the fly. Second demo set with the multiball I hit it left flipper / right flipper all on the fly and boom it was done. I'm so used to those demo modes being a chore to bash 5 times and then 10 times. Felt really good.

#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

My love affair with the vagmonster was a short one. The more you shoot it, the more it starts bending backwards. If it's bending backwards, it will reject all attempts as the ball bounces on the lower lip. I've used some force to bend the fork it sits on forward but still not 100%

Quit putting your **** in it then.

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I made my own out of a metal D20...

That looks sick!

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

If your projector is out of focus, remove the #7 and 8 nut and cover. There is a focus wheel underneath. Use the focus screen in the diagnosis menu. The projector is on the left side under the apron, mounted in a bracket to the playfield.
After that, you will need to readjust the X, Y, and rotation on the individual projection areas.
[quoted image]

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Sorry for repost but was hoping someone could tell me the answer to this question. This game is truly awesome with super fast play it kicks my ass. I have a question though- i also gave a guardians right next to it. The flippers seem to be firmer for some reason? Like they feel more solid when I hit the flipper button - almost like they are heavier. Is that normal? Is it a setting somewhere?

I think I know exactly what you’re referring to, and I think it might have something to do with the springs. But why Stern would change this on some games I don’t know.

Games over the years where I’ve noticed the flippers definitely feel more locked in (tighter, in a good way) are Transformers LE, AvengersLE, and most recently Dead Pool and Elvira HoH. All Gomes games?

I played. STh pro recently and the flippers May have been this way, but didn’t stand out.

I really wish I knew the answer to your question, because I would make the flippers on all my games “feel” this way if I knew how.

#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Please do post the video. Getting mine tomorrow

There's a hundred "unboxing" vids up already. Why waste more diesel fuel on electricity to put more servers online (that also have to be seriously air conditioned) just to replicate the exact same thing?

#2209 4 years ago

Well, the flipper rubber is not a 100% fix. Turns out that with the rubber back there it can get stuck if the ball bounces to the right corner and get hung up on the bottom right mouth flap. I've only had that happen once but I did have to pull the glass to fix it. probably a rare occurrence and better than the constant misses.

#2210 4 years ago

Yep. This will happen on the LE too. The very tip of the bottom right flap will wedge it against the lip of the ramp.

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

There's a hundred "unboxing" vids up already. Why waste more diesel fuel on electricity to put more servers online (that also have to be seriously air conditioned) just to replicate the exact same thing?

You must be in HVAC, haha.

#2212 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You must be in HVAC, haha.

Naah if I was I would love the extra wastefulness and redundancy leading to more AC work

#2213 4 years ago

Got our Premium set up and on the floor at The Arcade in Wichita. So far, I think it's badass.

IMG_8215 (resized).JPGIMG_8215 (resized).JPGIMG_8216 (resized).JPGIMG_8216 (resized).JPGIMG_8234 (resized).JPGIMG_8234 (resized).JPGIMG_8235 (resized).JPGIMG_8235 (resized).JPGIMG_8236 (resized).JPGIMG_8236 (resized).JPGIMG_8237 (resized).JPGIMG_8237 (resized).JPGIMG_8238 (resized).JPGIMG_8238 (resized).JPGIMG_8240 (resized).JPGIMG_8240 (resized).JPGIMG_8241 (resized).JPGIMG_8241 (resized).JPGIMG_8242 (resized).JPGIMG_8242 (resized).JPGIMG_8245 (resized).JPGIMG_8245 (resized).JPGIMG_8251 (resized).JPGIMG_8251 (resized).JPGIMG_8254 (resized).JPGIMG_8254 (resized).JPGIMG_8256 (resized).JPGIMG_8256 (resized).JPGIMG_8259 (resized).JPGIMG_8259 (resized).JPGIMG_8262 (resized).JPGIMG_8262 (resized).JPGIMG_8263 (resized).JPGIMG_8263 (resized).JPGIMG_8264 (resized).JPGIMG_8264 (resized).JPGIMG_8267 (resized).JPGIMG_8267 (resized).JPG
#2214 4 years ago

So my friend who doesnt play pinball just joined me now for a game of STHLE.

After he dropped the ramp he asked me: " Am I supposed to shoot that prolapsed anus looking thing?"

I'm dieing

#2215 4 years ago

At least he doesn’t think it looks like a vagina.

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Got our Premium set up and on the floor at The Arcade in Wichita. So far, I think it's badass.

Cabinet art on premium is my favorite by far.

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

It's easier to get to if you take the plastic off that is right above it. I think it's 3 screws. Should look like this when on correctly.[quoted image]

Appreciated, got it back on. Just bent the wireform out a little bit more to keep it from flying off again.
Assuming the reason for it is so fast balls don't bang back and trigger the opto under the demo.

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Got our Premium set up and on the floor at The Arcade in Wichita. So far, I think it's badass.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your setup. I've been thinking about doing something like that for a while only thing that makes me hesitant is these machines are slid around all the time. Rubber feet help, but they still find a way to slide a few inches either way.

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I like your setup. I've been thinking about doing something like that for a while only thing that makes me hesitant is these machines are slid around all the time. Rubber feet help, but they still find a way to slide a few inches either way.

We have rubber feet on carpet. They still get moved around a lot, but the rubber feet and carpet helps negate it.

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Got our Premium set up and on the floor at The Arcade in Wichita. So far, I think it's badass.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is honestly the coolest thing I've ever seen someone do. Looks awesome !!

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

We have rubber feet on carpet. They still get moved around a lot, but the rubber feet and carpet helps negate it.

Where are your cameras mounted? Normally I see them attracted to the back box on a mount setup but don’t see that here.

#2222 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I have a different idea now when I started to think about it. I will report back if it works or not.

My thought was to force the rod up that makes the vagmonster shake to have it lean forward. This requires a longer rod. I've bent it as much forward as I can now and it gobbles with surgeon precision shot.

#2223 4 years ago

I find it weird that these two features are missing in this game:

1) Super skillshot only awards points. Think back to Eddy's previous games. A super skill shot by holding the left flipper gave something useful in terms of progress in the game.
2) Vagmonster "bombs". Why is there no way to collect something like a "martian bomb" that you can use to count as one gobble? Having that for the vag-multiball to lock jackpot at 5M would be SCHWEEEET!

Has anyone actually seen superpops? Thoughts?

#2224 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Where are your cameras mounted? Normally I see them attracted to the back box on a mount setup but don’t see that here.

They are attached to an electrical conduit over the machines pointed down at the playfields.

#2225 4 years ago

Premium looks awesome!

What does the apron button do on this title?

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Premium looks awesome!
What does the apron button do on this title?

Nothing yet

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I find it weird that these two features are missing in this game:
1) Super skillshot only awards points. Think back to Eddy's previous games. A super skill shot by holding the left flipper gave something useful in terms of progress in the game.
2) Vagmonster "bombs". Why is there no way to collect something like a "martian bomb" that you can use to count as one gobble? Having that for the vag-multiball to lock jackpot at 5M would be SCHWEEEET!
Has anyone actually seen superpops? Thoughts?

I’m sure we’re going to see lots more added to this game in the next 6 months to a year.

Super pops is in the game. Grow dart animations were added with .85

#2228 4 years ago

The right orbit switch on our game was only registering about half the time, because it's placed too far to the right in the lane. The ball can roll past on the left without touching the switch as shown in this post. I consider this a design flaw, however a work around is available by modifying the switch mount. After enlarging the holes with a round file, it became possible to reposition the switch slightly to the left. Now even when the ball is against the left guide, it can still press down the switch enough to register.
switch mounting holes enlargedswitch mounting holes enlarged
round fileround file

#2229 4 years ago

Just had my game reset after the Morse code mode and the ball drained. And I was having a real good game too. My first ball and I was killing it

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

my game reset

Yep, they need to get on this. Really annoying.

#2231 4 years ago

Just got my premium and man... I gotta say. I think this is my favorite game in my collection. I don’t know if Stern was able to find fixes for the Demogorgan shot but I played with four different people of varying skill and all of us hit the shit no problem. Truly love this pin. Can’t wait for improvements but super happy where it is.

Two critiques. The saucer just left of the stand ups needs to do something. It’s one of the only stall shots on an otherwise flowing game that literally does nothing most of the time. Second. More assets. Call outs and projected material is lacking. Ramps are white 90 percent of the time. Gotta put some effort into this.

Overall love love love this pin. Had no problems out of the box thankfully. I almost don’t want to put it on route but alas I must. Maybe I’ll buy a second for home. Can’t wait for the UV kit!

#2232 4 years ago

Joined the party yesterday with a Premium.

Love the game, Demogorgan works great. Only complaint is the telekinesis mech misses and rejects a lot.

I saw the advice from Stern for adjusting and did that but it's still 50/50

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Joined the party yesterday with a Premium.
Love the game, Demogorgan works great. Only complaint is the telekinesis mech misses and rejects a lot.
I saw the advice from Stern for adjusting and did that but it's still 50/50

I turned up the magnet power from 48 to 60 and mine is a lot more consistent now

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I turned up the magnet power from 48 to 60 and mine is a lot more consistent now

I don’t understand this setting. How is it possible for the magnet power to be turned up? It’s just a static magnet that’s pushed against the backboard. I changed this setting all over the place to see what it was doing and didn’t notice a difference at any setting.

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t understand this setting. How is it possible for the magnet power to be turned up? It’s just a static magnet that’s pushed against the backboard. I changed this setting all over the place to see what it was doing and didn’t notice a difference at any setting.

When you told me static mag I just assumed you meant it was always energized, I still would assume its a powered mag. Otherwise it would lose power over time.

I guess to test this theory you could try putting a ball against the backboard and physically power the machine off.

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

When you told me static mag I just assumed you meant it was always energized, I still would assume its a powered mag. Otherwise it would lose power over time.
I guess to test this theory you could try putting a ball against the backboard and physically power the machine off.

You can put a ball there at any time. On off whatever. If you look at the pdf stern sent us, it’s just a magnet that is taken on and off the backboard by a coil.

The only thing I could think of for that setting is it’s the coil power of the lock diverter.

#2237 4 years ago

Hmmmmmmmm dunno what that setting does then. Guess I’ll mess around with it more.

#2238 4 years ago

Yeah I plan to ask Brian and Mike at LAX next weekend. If I can get their ears for a second.

#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

dunno what that setting does then.

The magnet "power" in this case is how much power is needed to pull the magnet off the backboard. There's two coils performing this duty.

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think I know exactly what you’re referring to, and I think it might have something to do with the springs. But why Stern would change this on some games I don’t know.
Games over the years where I’ve noticed the flippers definitely feel more locked in (tighter, in a good way) are Transformers LE, AvengersLE, and most recently Dead Pool and Elvira HoH. All Gomes games?
I played. STh pro recently and the flippers May have been this way, but didn’t stand out.
I really wish I knew the answer to your question, because I would make the flippers on all my games “feel” this way if I knew how.

No doubt the flippers on GOTG seem to be more firm & free-flowing. Last week I had the playfields raised on GOTG, JP3, STh's & didn't notice a difference in the mechanisms.

JP3 & STh's have the same flipper response, as GOTG is almost in comparison to the Bally/Williams flipper smoothness. Though the old fliptronics setup isn't as efficient, it's hard to match the ease of the Bally/Williams flipper play.

#2241 4 years ago

Speaking of flippers on this game. Out of my five sterns, Stranger Things is the only one I can't do post transfers on. Am I getting old and senile or is anyone else seeing this?

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Speaking of flippers on this game. Out of my five sterns, Stranger Things is the only one I can't do post transfers on. Am I getting old and senile or is anyone else seeing this?

I also have problems with post transfers on my Stranger Thngs. Very wierd but I also noticed others having problems on some streams.

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It’s because the slings are aligned a lot further away than normal. You’ll see this exact setup on AFM too. Very hard to consistent post pass on that game too.

#2244 4 years ago

For what it’s worth, I had my game reset again today when Turn Up The Heat was going at the same time as the Upside Down.
I emailed Stern a week ago and Pablo responded that they would let engineering know. Hoping for code updates soon.

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

I also have problems with post transfers on my Stranger Thngs. Very wierd but I also noticed others having problems on some streams.

Definitely have to use extra effort and finess with post transfers on this game.

#2246 4 years ago

I'm still having an issue with my left flipper sticking. I checked the coil stops and they seem solid. There's no weakness in my flipper. It just sticks. I did notice that it takes a while to start sticking. If I play five games, no issues. If I play 7 or 8 games, it'll start to stick. The longer I play the more it sticks. Thoughts on what it could be besides the coil stops?

#2247 4 years ago

Replace the sleeve and or plunger.

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Replace the sleeve and or plunger.

Thanks. I've never rebuilt a flipper but it doesn't look very difficult.

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Thanks. I've never rebuilt a flipper but it doesn't look very difficult.

Super easy on these new games and requires no soldering unless the EOS is bad.

#2250 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Super easy on these new games and requires no soldering unless the EOS is bad.

Thanks, dude.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/45?hl=mpnox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.