IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 448.
#2151 4 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Nice !
I tend to think that I will go for a premium and your black vinyl will improve a lot !
In another topic, i saw this on a pro in location today...Cant understand this quality issue from stern ![quoted image]

Machines were sent out without noticing that the rod has quality issues. Get over it and replace that item. Does anyone think that a manufacturer had anything to gain with these kind of issues? I think this issue never revealed itself during tests and QA.

So: yes there is an issue with the ball lock mech and no, ranting about it over and over doesn't help fixing it.

#2152 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not confident the new ramp will fix my issue as the pictures I sent Chas he said that my ramp looks fine but they are sending me a new kit anyway. Hopefully I figure out my issue when I have the mech out of the game.

I haven’t been following this thread very closely but I’m interested to see the fix for the center shot. I too took pics of every angle of the ramp and sent them to Chas last week. My ST on route is almost impossible to make the demo shot. I’ve adjusted side to side and pitch along with flipper strength with zero effect. At this point it’s truly a design flaw and it being the main toy that’s essentially not functional just sucks. I’m hopeI got stern can get this right.

Thank god for at least the last update. Before that I had many location players refusing to touch the game from casuals to serious players. Having the status bar helps out tremendously.

I’ll update if this is fixed or not by stern. Other than that serious complaint I personally love the game and it shoots great and the rules I think will grow into a solid package.

#2153 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I have a LE and the only thing i had to do is one of the targets the white paper cover fell off on the first game I just super glued it back on and the demegorgan ball gate fell off and all I did was stretch it. Easy fixes other than that ball lock works great and demegorgan is pretty easy to get the ball in the mouth without any adjustments. Every new machine will have something to adjust but once you get stranger things dialed in this game rocks.

which white target fell off? I had the right one under the demi behind the drop targets fall off after a few games.

#2154 4 years ago

Has a chance to become my favorite game. Bought an LE and would definitely do it again.

#2155 4 years ago

The target right of the left ramp, just put a little glue and that was it. Could of been becouse the game sat in the cold in my garage for 2 weeks before I opened it but anyway not a big deal. I played my game last night and was able to hit the demegorgan mouth like 1 out of 5 tries with all stock flipper settings and leg levelers all the way down on all four legs.

#2156 4 years ago

I had a target graphic come flying off mine as well. There was no stickiness issues with the graphic. They must not have cleaned the target well before applying because cleaning it with alcohol and then reapplying the sticker that came off has worked for me. Check it every time the glass comes off and it's not moving.

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You got this on .85? Impressive.

I can't remember to be honest. I'm going to try beat it on .85

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

So LE owners, I have a question for all of you.

This was an impulse buy based on theme only for me. Going over the mechanical issues at first is no big deal. The projector was the biggest disappointment for me. I've done some work to mitigate that but I'm not 100% happy with it yet to be honest. I'm in this for the long haul and we won't see this game code complete for another year or so. So far the theme is integrated very well into the game and more audio/visuals are coming. There's even more custom speech from Hopper coming that is not in there yet.

So, ask the same question in a year! I will either have a 5k doorstop or a highly desirable title in my collection.

#2159 4 years ago

I just got 775 million on a location pro in STL last night. Was fun. I went deep into Total Isolation 2 and had a SJP worth almost 170 million during that mode. It’s got different rules than the first one and is higher scoring and I think puts all six balls into play.

#2160 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just got 775 million on a location pro in STL last night. Was fun. I went deep into Total Isolation 2 and had a SJP worth almost 170 million during that mode. It’s got different rules than the first one and is higher scoring and I think puts all six balls into play.

Thats bananas, I cant imaging 6 balls flying around this machine, mostly because I have no control.

#2161 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thats bananas, I cant imaging 6 balls flying around this machine, mostly because I have no control.

Yeah it’s hard to hit anything. Once the ball save is off I hope to have 3 left under control then go from there. That’s the key in getting deep in these MBs. Gotta be patient. The payoffs can be huge.

#2162 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just got 775 million on a location pro in STL last night.

I just thought about this yesterday. Pro scores will most likely be higher as a ball lock on prem/LE can end up costing you a ball due to RNG auto-plunger without ballsave.

#2163 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I just thought about this yesterday. Pro scores will most likely be higher as a ball lock on prem/LE can end up costing you a ball due to RNG auto-plunger without ballsave.

Not if you don’t let the game auto plunge. . No rejects can cost you for sure, but I’ve never had issues with the plunge after a lock.

#2164 4 years ago

Sorry for repost but was hoping someone could tell me the answer to this question. This game is truly awesome with super fast play it kicks my ass. I have a question though- i also gave a guardians right next to it. The flippers seem to be firmer for some reason? Like they feel more solid when I hit the flipper button - almost like they are heavier. Is that normal? Is it a setting somewhere?

#2165 4 years ago

Should be the same mechs as guardians. If you want to adjust power on STH they are in the ST feature adjustments towards the end.

I assume Guardians has the same settings but maybe not.

#2166 4 years ago

Hey all. Question on EB for burn it back. When set to auto it seems to lighting EB after 1 loop. Then all the sudden it would only award the first EB after 50. Any idea what the default should be and why auto is so wonky?

#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Hey all. Question on EB for burn it back. When set to auto it seems to lighting EB after 1 loop. Then all the sudden it would only award the first EB after 50. Any idea what the default should be and why auto is so wonky?

Because the second EB is set to 50. Auto gave it to you on the first burn it back possibly from not shooting the burn it back for many games.

#2168 4 years ago

So did Cointaker pull their UV Kit? I can't find it on their site.

#2169 4 years ago

My love affair with the vagmonster was a short one. The more you shoot it, the more it starts bending backwards. If it's bending backwards, it will reject all attempts as the ball bounces on the lower lip. I've used some force to bend the fork it sits on forward but still not 100%. Just a heads up for all you happy campers.

#2170 4 years ago

Does anyone out there have an inside track to the STH team at Stern? It would be fun and nice if they would chime in on Tiltforums to give us hints, teasers, eggs, etc. Elwin did this for JP and it added to the fun of owning the machine as it evolves.

#2172 4 years ago

That's the actual stern one. I think the one being talked about is their alternative

#2173 4 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

So my buddy got one of the first Pro models in Canada and it had some of the common problems. Stern sent a couple of replacement parts, I thought I would share photos. First of all the replacement ramp post is definitely an improved design, using a roll pin instead of dimples like the original. I don't have a photo of the original, it will remain installed until it comes apart again. I had to hammer it back together once but it's been ok since.
[quoted image]
They also sent new gates for the exit under the left of the demogorgon, but as near as I can tell, they are identical. I chose to simply remove the gate and we played for a couple of hours without issues. The original gate fell off one side after only a few plays, however we didn't realize what was going on, it's hard to see under there. A ball would frequently get stuck and really make the game not fun.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This game has another problem which I haven't seen mentioned, but maybe I missed it. The right orbit shot doesn't register reliably when the shot is made. In switch test mode, it works perfect. But during play it seems that some of the time, the ball can roll past the switch on the left side and not press it down. I'm not sure what to do about this. Maybe stick something on the left lane guide to make the passage just a bit narrower?
[quoted image]
And finally the outlane posts. They came installed in the wide open setting, and we would like to move them to the middle. I had no trouble getting the nut off the bottom of a post. But the post did not want to budge out of the playfield. I was afraid to hammer on it. Is there a trick to remove the posts?

I had the same thing happen with that ball gate. Trying to figure out how to put the damn thing back on.

#2174 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I had the same thing happen with that ball gate. Trying to figure out how to put the damn thing back on.

It's easier to get to if you take the plastic off that is right above it. I think it's 3 screws. Should look like this when on correctly.

IMG_20200207_113920112 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_113920112 (resized).jpg
#2175 4 years ago

Mine just arrived. Did an unboxing video as kind of a “how to unbox your first new pinball machine” tutorial.

If folks want to see it I’ll post it later.
78193906-6CD8-4835-A903-65289647BC2B (resized).jpeg78193906-6CD8-4835-A903-65289647BC2B (resized).jpeg

Also, surprised ST Premium does not come with a shaker standard. What is (is there) a standard one to get for this?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2176 4 years ago

Congrats! Pinball life has stock shaker motors if you want to get one.

#2177 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That's the actual stern one. I think the one being talked about is their alternative

Ah ok, I didn't think anyone else had started selling the alternative versions.

#2178 4 years ago

The demogorgon shoot seemed to become more difficult to hit the bulls-eye as gameplay increased. After leveling the machine a month ago, we had a 2 in 5 direct hit. That ratio declined over the last several weeks. So I positioned a single flipper rubber under the demogorgon to keep the monster in a stationary upright position. Now we are back to an approximate 2 in 5 success hit.

If your shots are going just below the mouth, simply use a flipper rubber underneath to bring the demogorgon forward. Also, this rigged method will keep the demogorgon from moving backwards with close approximate hits. Now the monster is front & forward, as the pinball will enter without backwards resistance. This should be a challenging shot, as a 2 in 5 success makes this shot a decent accomplishment.

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

The demogorgon shoot seemed to become more difficult to hit the bulls-eye as gameplay increased. After leveling the machine a month ago, we had a 2 in 5 direct hit. That ratio declined over the last several weeks. So I positioned a single flipper rubber under the demogorgon to keep the monster in a stationary upright position. Now we are back to an approximate 2 in 5 success hit.
If your shots are going just below the mouth, simply use a flipper rubber underneath to bring the demogorgon forward. Also, this rigged method will keep the demogorgon from moving backwards with close approximate hits. Now the monster is front & forward, as the pinball will enter without backwards resistance. This should be a challenging shot, as a 2 in 5 success makes this shot a decent accomplishment.

What do you mean by a 2 in 5 shot? Like out of 5 direct perfect shots, only 2 of them go in? I think that should be 5/5. Haha

#2180 4 years ago

I would love to have an audit that showed how many bashes to the demogorgon vs mouth shots made. I'm sure mine is like 1000-20 lol. I even manged to get it stuck on the mouth once. Unfortunately nudging caused it to come out

Asked Stern what is going on with the ramp kits. Apparently it's been sent back to engineering so no eta on those.

IMG_20200221_104236415 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_104236415 (1) (resized).jpg
#2181 4 years ago

I would love to have an audit that showed how many bashes to the demogorgon vs mouth shots made. I'm sure mine is like 1000-20 lol. I even manged to get it stuck on the mouth once. Unfortunately nudging caused it to come out
Asked Stern what is going on with the ramp kits. Apparently it's been sent back to engineering so no eta on those.[quoted image]

Not a permanent fix, but have you tried the "rubberband" trick to hold the demos head forward? Worth a shot if you have not yet tried this. It absolutely worked for me, I hardly ever miss it now.

#2182 4 years ago

Yeah that’s a good bandaid until they engineer something better. I’m actually glad they went back to engineering with it. Hopefully they find a fix that works for everyone.

#2183 4 years ago

Out of curiosity I went digging thru the audits. I reset my game to factory when I flashed the .84 since there was a significant change to scoring with the ability to bash the demogorgon. Since then only 6 times has the demogorgon opto been triggered in 172 games on my machine.

I have not tried the rubber band or flipper rubber yet. Will give that a try tonight. Was hoping for a real fix from stern by now and didn't want to mess with bandaids.

IMG_20200227_154146913 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_154146913 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_154353059 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_154353059 (resized).jpg
#2184 4 years ago

Oh and before anyone says "Play Better" I played the pro at the brewery over the weekend and the two games I played I nailed the shot within two tries each time it came up.

#2185 4 years ago

I don’t think any owner of this game is gonna claim play better for this shot. Haha

#2186 4 years ago

Oh and before anyone says "Play Better" I played the pro at the brewery over the weekend and the two games I played I nailed the shot within two tries each time it came up.

I think you've found your answer, beer.

#2187 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I think you've found your answer, beer.

Trust me there is plenty in my basement as well

#2188 4 years ago

so yeah.. the flipper rubber behind the demogorgon is the key. Fits in there and because of how the plastics are arranged it's not going to come free. So far I have hit every shot that I feel should have gone in and the ones that miss still can move around the front and down the burn loop. Going to go play a bunch now and see how it goes. Shame on me for not trying this sooner.
IMG_20200227_222629690 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_222629690 (resized).jpg

#2189 4 years ago

From those pics I can’t tell where the rubber goes. Can anyone offer some help?

#2190 4 years ago

Anybody hear any word on when the light-up D&D shooter rod will be available? Somebody posted it somewhere on this site (with a picture) saying that it was coming. I love this game, and I think that it'll look great on the machine.

I'm not holding my breath for a topper, though...

#2191 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do you mean by a 2 in 5 shot? Like out of 5 direct perfect shots, only 2 of them go in? I think that should be 5/5. Haha

Yes, sort of like hitting the right ramp 100% of the time. The only problem, those damned target posts get in the way sometimes.

#2192 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone might be working on an alternate translite yet.

#2193 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Mine just arrived. Did an unboxing video as kind of a “how to unbox your first new pinball machine” tutorial.
If folks want to see it I’ll post it later.
[quoted image]
Also, surprised ST Premium does not come with a shaker standard. What is (is there) a standard one to get for this?

Please do post the video. Getting mine tomorrow

#2194 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

From those pics I can’t tell where the rubber goes. Can anyone offer some help?

It gets wedged behind the demogorgon by where the wire comes up. I had to move the wire out of the way a bit to get the flipper rubber back there and then used a long screw driver to move it around so one side of the rubber was under the back side of the demogorgon. Honestly I don't see any difference in how the thing functions or looks as it still shakes as you hit it and the ball can pass under the front if you miss. The benefit tho is it pushes the demogorgon forward a bit and does not allow it to settle backwards at all making the shot much more consistent. I hit the shot probably 15 times last night and just went down and played a game and hit it first shot again. I've never seen that sweet sweet 15 mil for a demo hit until this morning So in one night of playing I've hit the thing almost twice as much as I had in the last 180 games.

The way the plastics around the back of the demogorgon are setup there is no way it will work its way out. Almost like it was meant to be there lol
IMG_20200207_134657242 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_134657242 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_222651896 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_222651896 (resized).jpg

#2195 4 years ago

Thank you!!!

#2196 4 years ago

It gets wedged behind the demogorgon by where the wire comes up. I had to move the wire out of the way a bit to get the flipper rubber back there and then used a long screw driver to move it around so one side of the rubber was under the back side of the demogorgon. Honestly I don't see any difference in how the thing functions or looks as it still shakes as you hit it and the ball can pass under the front if you miss. The benefit tho is it pushes the demogorgon forward a bit and does not allow it to settle backwards at all making the shot much more consistent. I hit the shot probably 15 times last night and just went down and played a game and hit it first shot again. I've never seen that sweet sweet 15 mil for a demo hit until this morning So in one night of playing I've hit the thing almost twice as much as I had in the last 180 games.
The way the plastics around the back of the demogorgon are setup there is no way it will work its way out. Almost like it was meant to be there lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

No doubt, that's the solution to hitting the demogorgon consistently. The monster needs to be positioned forward w/ minimal movement. After situating the rubber rigged job underneath, there is now a solid target that won't succumb away from the impact of a shot.

Just be sure there's enough slack w/ the main wire that connects to the demogorgon. The main wire extends underneath the playfield & binds w/ other wires below. Though this trick is unseen, it would be nice if Stern came up w/ a permanent result?

#2197 4 years ago

Almost like it was meant to be there lol

How do we find a spot for this missing rubber on premium/LE?

#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

How do we find a spot for this missing rubber on premium/LE?

Not sure this will work on the prem/LE. Haven’t tried though. I think it will cause hang ups.

#2199 4 years ago

I hope that future machines will be better play tested before being released. Seems it's a 50/50 shot if you have a good demo shot on this game. It doesn't seem really like an assembly problem, but a complete oversight and play testing of the design prior to release.

It's literally the main center shot in the game and it's a flawed design. Sure, there's a fix now and that's cool. I'm sure Stern will have to reengineer something so it works great. But. How could this have not been caught before the general release? Do they even play these things before going into production? I don't see how this could have happened.

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anybody hear any word on when the light-up D&D shooter rod will be available? Somebody posted it somewhere on this site (with a picture) saying that it was coming. I love this game, and I think that it'll look great on the machine.
I'm not holding my breath for a topper, though...

I made my own out of a metal D20... doesn't lite up though

IMG_1446 (resized).jpegIMG_1446 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/44?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.