IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 449.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Just so everyone is clear...
This is not Black Diamond. It is a high mill, self healing, adhesive vinyl. It is very expensive material and it definitely does the job. It is very easy to work with and install.

I’m curious to see what it looks like next to the black diamond. Dri says the black diamond can’t be used on anything except the main projector area so I wonder if using black diamond on the projector and this stuff on everything else could be the winning ticket.

#2102 4 years ago

20 orders are filled. Let’s see how these go and then I’ll fulfill more orders after everyone receives theirs. I’ll notify you in PM’s if you’re in the next batch.

If anyone has any issues with the vinyl in shipping... PM me as soon as you can.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2103 4 years ago

Son gets first game.

7B0210B4-FB70-4E41-9EB1-18068A6B45A7 (resized).jpeg7B0210B4-FB70-4E41-9EB1-18068A6B45A7 (resized).jpeg
#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

20 orders are filled. Let’s see how these go and then I’ll fulfill more orders after everyone receives theirs. I’ll notify you in PM’s if you’re in the next batch.
If anyone has any issues with the vinyl in shipping... PM me as soon as you can.[quoted image]

Was I in the first batch?

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

ri says the black diamond can’t be used on anything except the main projector area

It can only be used on the main projected surface and the targets facing towards the projector. The ramps and the stand-ups behind the drops still needs solving to get the white out.

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It can only be used on the main projected surface and the targets facing towards the projector. The ramps and the stand-ups behind the drops still needs solving to get the white out.

I think the dark vinyl that corvair61 is selling well solve those issues.

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think the dark vinyl that corvair61 is selling well solve those issues.

corvair61 can you stick some of that vinyl on a ramp ball surface and start a multiball? Preferable taking a re-presentable picture from the player's angle where you see one ramp with and one without the vinyl?

#2108 4 years ago

I should've done better research on this before jumping both feet in. What we're looking for is ALR (ambient light rejection) screens: https://www.projectorcentral.com/ambient-light-rejection-screens-2.htm

This brand lays out the viewing angles quite well: https://www.projectorscreen.com/KB/Dalite-Projection-Screen-Surfaces

These guys have a whole slew of interesting material: https://www.draperinc.com/projectionscreens/tecvision.aspx

This looks amazing:

#2109 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I have the material.
These pictures just show it taped up. Thinking it would look even better when it’s installed permanently.
It makes the blacks much deeper with better contrast.
I’m thinking main ramp, drops, and ramp sides only.
I can mail a couple out for people that want to try it. Stuff isn’t cheap but I’m thinking one square foot should be enough. Probably $10
Pm me for details[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that looks fantastic.

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

corvair61 can you stick some of that vinyl on a ramp ball surface and start a multiball? Preferable taking a re-presentable picture from the player's angle where you see one ramp with and one without the vinyl?

Ill do this after work today. Stand by

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

The emails are coming in. I’m going to put together 20 packages to send out. If the demand is greater then I will do more.
Here’s the details:
- send me an email through pinside
- include your mailing address
Send $15 to:
PayPal (friends and family)
[email protected]
- I will send one square foot
- flat packed
- usps standard mail
I have ordered a new plotter as well. When that comes in I will be able to cut the vinyl exactly to size and you can install it directly over the existing material. For now, simply cut it to fit.
DO NOT REMOVE THE ORIGINAL WHITE!!!

Hello, can you send to Spain?
Regards.

#2113 4 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Hello, can you send to Spain?
Regards.

Yes! PM me with your info

#2114 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything on the replacement ramp kits? Pablo asked for pictures of the ink on mine but have not heard back since and no shipping notification of the kit

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Anyone heard anything on the replacement ramp kits? Pablo asked for pictures of the ink on mine but have not heard back since and no shipping notification of the kit

I sent Chas the pics of my ramp last week. I usually don’t get any feedback. Just get a box on the doorstep.

#2116 4 years ago

Got a response from Stern. He is hoping to get a decision from management tomorrow on what they will do about the ramp kits and those of us with ink on the replacement ramps we have.

#2117 4 years ago

Is anyone here having a hard time getting the magnetic ball lock to work consistently? I adjusted the mechanism per Stern's diagram, and when I'm testing it I can get it up there almost every time on our LE. However when playing with multiple people, if the ball doesn't go up the left lane with JUST the right speed, it either activates too early, resulting in a magnet-less ball lock, or simply sends the ball right back through the lane. I almost think it's a timing issue, because if it activated about a half second later it'd probably work consistently.

#2118 4 years ago

How do you clean the LE/premium ramps with the white surface?

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from Acupuncture:

Is anyone here having a hard time getting the magnetic ball lock to work consistently? I adjusted the mechanism per Stern's diagram, and when I'm testing it I can get it up there almost every time on our LE. However when playing with multiple people, if the ball doesn't go up the left lane with JUST the right speed, it either activates too early, resulting in a magnet-less ball lock, or simply sends the ball right back through the lane. I almost think it's a timing issue, because if it activated about a half second later it'd probably work consistently.

I’m having issues. I have sent videos to stern to hopefully help us get it fixed for everyone having issues. Just have to be patient for now until a fix is found.

#2120 4 years ago

Finally was able to play an LE in the wild (Logan Square) on Sunday. Really enjoyed it and thought the video on the screen, ramps and targets all looked great. Could not get one shot in the Demogorgon at all...After reading this thread a little I know why. Lol Thought the mag ball lock was cool. Also noticed that the demogorgon shook. Is that an LE feature? This one also had the UV light mod installed. Very nice looking feature. Probably be in for an LE/Premium with the UV mod vs the Pro on this particular table. I had the impression that this title was dunked on quite a bit. Not quite sure why? Had a lot of fun. May join the club soon.

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m having issues. I have sent videos to stern to hopefully help us get it fixed for everyone having issues. Just have to be patient for now until a fix is found.

Cool, thanks for submitting the issue.

#2122 4 years ago

Last night I was getting irritated w/ the side gate issues so I just pulled it out completely. As everyone is aware, the ball would get stuck unpredictably but this was happening more often than not. Tried adjusting the gate several times w/ no such luck. I really don't see any functioning purpose w/ the side gate, so now it's in the garbage where it belongs. Other than that, all's well!

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I should've done better research on this before jumping both feet in. What we're looking for is ALR (ambient light rejection) screens: https://www.projectorcentral.com/ambient-light-rejection-screens-2.htm
This brand lays out the viewing angles quite well: https://www.projectorscreen.com/KB/Dalite-Projection-Screen-Surfaces
These guys have a whole slew of interesting material: https://www.draperinc.com/projectionscreens/tecvision.aspx
This looks amazing:

Doing a bit of research/reading around the AVS forum came across this which talks about a lot of different screen. Granted we are probably WAYYYYYY over thinking this due to the cheap projector tossed in these machines. The projectors they guys are using to test these screens cost more then LE versions of stranger things haha.

DaLite HD Pro (0.9, 1.1, 1.3, 1.1 contrast): Low ALR materials with exceptional surface smoothness, and wide open viewing cones. The 1.1 and 1.3 look particularly nice at night. But only a bit better than a reference white surface (or paper) with combating ambient light. Really beautiful material though with a solid black backing. I'd go with this if I had a darker room.
DaLite Parallax 0.8: Interesting performer, but too dark, and not as much ALR performance as others, with my side-illuminating windows situation. Vertical viewing cone not as bad as expected (about like Slates, better than Black Diamond), but still would require me to mount the projector lower than I'm willing to.
Draper XH900X, MSX1000: good viewing cone, pretty good ALR performance, but both very grainy materials. And notably dark compared to SI's offerings.
SI Slate 0.9, 1.2: Amazing performers on axis, especially 1.2: bright, incredible contrast, smooth surface. Nothing even close. If you could just have this performance over the full viewing area... But the narrow viewing cone, especially horizontally, means at the side of the viewing area they go dark and lose contrast, even from the main viewing position. Add in our wide couch and they're non-starters. Even with lots of ambient light, the HD Pro beats out Slate at the image's edge. At night it's not even close. Definitely also the most prone to hot-spotting, which I define as "ability to discern the position of the projector by moving your head around". To be very fair, I'm really pushing these materials at a low throw ratio of 1.4, below the recommended 1.5. Throw ratio and viewing cone angle are physical inverses. I bet at 1.8 or 2.0 (and with narrow seating), they'd hold up much better at the edge.
SI BD 1.4: Not available in retractable so a no-go for me, but thought I'd mention for completeness. Very close performance wise, but I actually prefer the Slates (at the center of the screen). BD holds up a bit better horizontally, but a bit worse vertically than Slate.

#2124 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Finally was able to play an LE in the wild (Logan Square) on Sunday. Really enjoyed it and thought the video on the screen, ramps and targets all looked great. Could not get one shot in the Demogorgon at all...After reading this thread a little I know why. Lol Thought the mag ball lock was cool. Also noticed that the demogorgon shook. Is that an LE feature? This one also had the UV light mod installed. Very nice looking feature. Probably be in for an LE/Premium with the UV mod vs the Pro on this particular table. I had the impression that this title was dunked on quite a bit. Not quite sure why? Had a lot of fun. May join the club soon.

Yeah the shaking Demogorgon is Premium and LE only. So odd how some seem to have the shot issue and others don't. Maybe it was a particular set of ramps built incorrectly. Hoping the best for those getting new ramps that that solves it. I wonder if it was an aftermarket UV light mod, did it activate during Upside Down mode? I didn't think Stern was shipping any of the kits until March but maybe Stern gave them one early.

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Maybe it was a particular set of ramps built incorrectly.

I’m not confident the new ramp will fix my issue as the pictures I sent Chas he said that my ramp looks fine but they are sending me a new kit anyway. Hopefully I figure out my issue when I have the mech out of the game.

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Yeah the shaking Demogorgon is Premium and LE only. So odd how some seem to have the shot issue and others don't. Maybe it was a particular set of ramps built incorrectly. Hoping the best for those getting new ramps that that solves it. I wonder if it was an aftermarket UV light mod, did it activate during Upside Down mode? I didn't think Stern was shipping any of the kits until March but maybe Stern gave them one early.

Yeah, they often test out stuff at Logan since it's local to Chicago. Frequently see odd stuff there, like a LE Game of Thrones playfield in a Premium cabinet, etc......

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How do you clean the LE/premium ramps with the white surface?

I used my regular novus 1 with a micro fiber and it cleans up fine

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

It seemed to activate in upside down mode. Couldn't tell if it was aftermarket or not? Logan's seems to always get the LE's with all the bells and whistles. Someone should be able to answer that question I would think

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from Acupuncture:

I am having the same exact issue. Mine almost seems like a timing issue too. Other than that, I love the game. Hopefully a real fix will come soon.

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Black vinyl only works on the vertical surfaces. It’s barely visible in the ramp. I would stick to black on:

Main
Drops
Stand ups

3C877442-8FB5-4E51-A1A1-0E951088A12E (resized).jpeg3C877442-8FB5-4E51-A1A1-0E951088A12E (resized).jpeg
#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Black vinyl only works on the vertical surfaces. It’s barely visible in the ramp. I would stick to black on:
Main
Drops
Stand ups[quoted image]

Nice !
I tend to think that I will go for a premium and your black vinyl will improve a lot !
In another topic, i saw this on a pro in location today...Cant understand this quality issue from stern !

197F66F4-9A18-40B7-BCF5-A9337D8A4D57 (resized).jpeg197F66F4-9A18-40B7-BCF5-A9337D8A4D57 (resized).jpeg
#2132 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Black vinyl only works on the vertical surfaces.

Thanks for checking!

#2133 4 years ago

So LE owners, I have a question for all of you. I have a $2,000 deposit down on the game and somehow mine hasn’t come in yet. I pay the balance when I pick up at Cointaker. With all the ramp replacing, magnet adjusting, etc., if you had the opportunity to bail on the game would you have in hindsight. I’m not sure what Cointakers policy is but all this drama and quality control issues is giving me some serious pause.

#2134 4 years ago

I have a LE and the only thing i had to do is one of the targets the white paper cover fell off on the first game I just super glued it back on and the demegorgan ball gate fell off and all I did was stretch it. Easy fixes other than that ball lock works great and demegorgan is pretty easy to get the ball in the mouth without any adjustments. Every new machine will have something to adjust but once you get stranger things dialed in this game rocks.

#2135 4 years ago

I have a LE and would buy it again. Love the speed and flow. I only had to adjust the projector. The projector is awesome.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

So LE owners, I have a question for all of you. I have a $2,000 deposit down on the game and somehow mine hasn’t come in yet. I pay the balance when I pick up at Cointaker. With all the ramp replacing, magnet adjusting, etc., if you had the opportunity to bail on the game would you have in hindsight. I’m not sure what Cointakers policy is but all this drama and quality control issues is giving me some serious pause.

Pro owner here, I gotta say that I’m super happy with the pro. Gameplay is near identical, even better In some ways without the magnetic ball lock. Save yourself some serious cheddar, and get a pro and UV kit, I think you’ll enjoy it just as much.

#2137 4 years ago

You want to talk about a game that needed a lot of adjustments was my wizard of oz emerald city. I did more work on that game than any other new game. Brand new game and I spent 6 hours replacing light boards, grinding down one of the pop bumpers becouse it was hitting a metal rail. The list goes on. Stranger things is pretty basic on maintenance compared to other games.

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

No regrets here. And I am the king of buyers and sellers remorse. Lol

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I think it really depends on if this is your dream pin purchase, and won’t be getting another machine for a long time. Personally I think it’s a really fun pin that will get MUCH better with new code, and even in its current state it’s pretty satisfying. It’s doing really well on location too if you are trying to monetize. Is it the best pin ever? No, certainly not, but it’s fairly unique and should age like a fine wine.

#2140 4 years ago

My LE from cointaker worked great out of the box. Had to adjust the projector and that was it. I am happy I pulled the trigger! Code has a long way to go though

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

if you had the opportunity to bail on the game would you have in hindsight.

Nope. This is my all in #1 dream theme.

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I felt like you did after reading all the bashing on this site. I went with my gut and stayed in, and I'm glad I did. I love my LE, and so do the people who come over my house and play it. If you want to nitpick a game, you can always find something...but I honestly don't have any idea what the hell some people here on Pinside are smoking.

The game is fun as hell. Get the game. Get a subwoofer. And don't look back. You're welcome.

#2143 4 years ago

My left flipper started to stick after the last code update. It's probably just coincidence. Anyone else have a flipper that sticks?

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My left flipper started to stick after the last code update. It's probably just coincidence. Anyone else have a flipper that sticks?

Check your end stops. Sticking flippers and loss of power are a symptom of a broken end stop. Easy to check by lifting the playfield and seeing if the brass bit is loose on the end of the solenoid bracket for the flipper.

#2145 4 years ago

This game is truly awesome with super fast play it kicks my ass. I have a question though- i also gave a guardians right next to it. The flippers seem to be firmer for some reason? Like they feel more solid when I hit the flipper button - almost like they are heavier. Is that normal. Is it a setting somewhere?

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Check your end stops. Sticking flippers and loss of power are a symptom of a broken end stop. Easy to check by lifting the playfield and seeing if the brass bit is loose on the end of the solenoid bracket for the flipper.

Thanks, will check it out.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I haven't had an issue at all. I think this is a special game.

So fast, brutal, and has some of the best flow of all time. It has very unique things like the ball lock, projector, UV paint, and the demo toy is really fun and satisfying.

This is a great game and the more people that play the LE and the premiums, the more people's opinions will shift.

#2148 4 years ago

I mentioned previously how the right orbit shot doesn't always register. Here is video proof of the reason why - there is enough room for the ball to roll next to the switch without pressing it down. Not sure what to do about it.

A 1/4" deep socket works really well to move the outlane posts.
outlane post removeroutlane post remover
And finally the ramp post came apart again so I installed the new one. This is what the original looks like:
original ramp postoriginal ramp post

#2149 4 years ago

Installed a full play field protector on my LE today with the help of dnaman (appreciate it!!). Looks amazing and after a bunch of games there’s not one dimple or dent. A bit of work but worth it

C62A17E9-7BC7-41AF-810B-97B6EE874195 (resized).jpegC62A17E9-7BC7-41AF-810B-97B6EE874195 (resized).jpeg1148A77C-A373-4A01-8178-EB2D700CC6A9 (resized).jpeg1148A77C-A373-4A01-8178-EB2D700CC6A9 (resized).jpegCB6331A1-2B5E-4CFD-8610-F3F424D9CE33 (resized).jpegCB6331A1-2B5E-4CFD-8610-F3F424D9CE33 (resized).jpeg7A21EC32-2BB6-48DB-AE5E-6990A4D6FE8C (resized).jpeg7A21EC32-2BB6-48DB-AE5E-6990A4D6FE8C (resized).jpeg
#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

I mentioned previously how the right orbit shot doesn't always register. Here is video proof of the reason why - there is enough room for the ball to roll next to the switch without pressing it down. Not sure what to do about it.

A 1/4" deep socket works really well to move the outlane posts.
[quoted image]
And finally the ramp post came apart again so I installed the new one. This is what the original looks like:
[quoted image]

Spider-Man can do that on the right orbit also. It does seem like a bit of a strange design.....oversight?...decision??...choice?!?

On SM it doesn't happen often. It has to be just the right kinda hit to get past the switch, but when you are looking to hit the shot and you hit the shot, but it doesn't register the shot......you notice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/43?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.