IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 449.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also trying to setup a 6x super jackpot in Telekinesis Multiball is so hard but satisfying if you pull it off.

Double!
Triple!
Super!

Yea. That's fun af. Any chance to check extra ball issue on your machine Chuck?

EDIT: saw your post saying you got both. I will have to check again and let you know.

I wonder if flipping a mode between or demi or so.ething else could be cancelling it. I'll confirm with and without glass tomorrow

#2002 4 years ago

Is it possible to get the triple super on the pro model??

#2003 4 years ago

Draining on Morse code still causes reset even on code .85!!!

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Is it possible to get the triple super on the pro model??

Double or quadruple. That’s it. Hit the ramp before collecting for double. 2x playfield on top for quadruple.

LE allows 3x scoring on top of double playfield for 6x SJP.

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Draining on Morse code still causes reset even on code .85!!!

Don’t drain during Morse code!!!

#2006 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Finally figured out what The root cause of my my magnet lock difficulties are.
Every time I fire up the game and start playing for the day, it works perfect. Then if I play for a while the shot becomes progressively harder to make it to the magnet.

I think this is the same issue I’m having with my demigorgon shot. The first couple of games all is good but after that it is not doable because ball keeps hitting too low.

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I think this is the same issue I’m having with my demigorgon shot. The first couple of games all is good but after that it is not doable because ball keeps hitting too low.

This issue doesn’t affect my demo shot at all. I’m at almost 100% from a trap on either flipper with the elastic band trick.

#2008 4 years ago

Slightly off-topic, but, hanging out with Mike Vinikour in San Jose, CA!
IMG_20200222_231245-01.jpegIMG_20200222_231245-01.jpeg

#2009 4 years ago

Weird how $9000 games are sold and the main centerpiece shot in the game does not work . They had to do a software fix for a hardware issue . I tried a rubber band and it helped but too much forward and the ball gets stuck in front and demogorgon face edges wont stay adjusted. Seems a rushed and lack of testing or concern on Stern’s part . Ramps being sent out with the wrong pitch to some customers ? wouldn't they all be the same part ? The playfields also seem to hold up less every year . I don't expect no dimpling but mine looks horrible after 600 games worse than any other I have . Also the ramp when folded down cuts into the clear coat on the playfield . I had to put a lot of layers of scotch tape on the playfield until i can get some mylar. I would watch out for wear there. Anyone else seeing this on their games ?
Stern should release a small mini ramp that could be glued to the top of the existing ramp. A little more pitch is all that is needed to get the ball lined up for mouth shot. I have tried leg adjustment and flipper strength but no help .
I like the game and enjoy playing it overall.
Slow down . Make less games per year .
Focus on quality control. My advice to Stern.

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Anyone else seeing this on their games ?

The Lee should be Mylar on the playfield for the ramp already. If yours doesn’t have it, contact stern to get it.

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t seen any resets. Someone mentioned during Morse code it reset when they drained. I haven’t seen that on mine. But I have a LE. I think the one that had a reset was on a Pro.

Had the Morse Code drain reset last night. Everything else is improving on the latest update, but there is definitely some gameplay glitches throughout.

Looking forward to what is the best UV install ~ Stern, Pinstadium or CoinTaker. Might be leaning towards Pinstadium since I really like how the ramps glow w/ the light radiance.

Anyhow, very pleased w/ this game so far. Can't wait to see future code progressions, as this title will eventually be embraced by the majority. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

#2012 4 years ago

If I had to take a wild guess I’d say it will take about a year to get this game across the finish line code wise and bug fixes. That’s about how long Guardians took.

#2013 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I had to take a wild guess I’d say it will take about a year to get this game across the finish line code wise and bug fixes. That’s about how long Guardians took.

I'm actually looking forward to taking the journey. Typically I dont want to go through the code updates, but I'm excited to grow along with this one. Hoping the Premiums will have any fixes already worked out that the early pro and LE folks have encountered. But the LE I played worked perfectly.

#2014 4 years ago

Glad to hear. Yeah I hope we can get all these games dialed in as it’s super fun if everything works right.

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Glad to hear. Yeah I hope we can get all these games dialed in as it’s super fun if everything works right.

We had about 30 people over for a party yesterday. Stranger Things was super popular. They played it all day along. Although, I have a friend that likes to slide the machine. So now I gotta get it back to my sweet spot! LOL. Love this game.

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Love this game.

Yeah...you and everybody else that owns one. It's the people that: don't have one; haven't put enough time on it; think it's too expensive; think it's got too many problems; think the code will never get done because Lonnie is on it, etc., etc.... that think the game is shit.

But that's what they said about GOT and SW when it came out. Almost every good/great game started with bad press upon release, and that's Stern's fault for how and when they released the game. If they tweaked the problems and released it with more developed code and didn't rush it out before Christmas, you wouldn't be hearing this stuff.

Enjoy the game. It's wicked fast and it kicks my ass. It's a keeper for me for at least the next two years (only because I'm not wedded to the theme and might need the space). And make sure you get a subwoofer. It makes my nads vibrate.

#2017 4 years ago

I just want to put out another thank you to Erik (@chuckwurt) for all the info and help he's provided owners with this game. He's a great asset to the hobby, and should probably be given a free Stern Army shirt and membership for all he does for that company.

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just want to put out another thank you to Erik (chuckwurt) for all the info and help he's provided owners with this game. He's a great asset to the hobby, and should probably be given a free Stern Army shirt and membership for all he does for that company. What a great asset to the hobby he is!

Completely agree.

#2019 4 years ago

Which subs do most of you guys buy for under your games?

#2020 4 years ago

Polk Audio PSW10 10" Powered Subwoofer - Featuring High Current Amp and Low-Pass Filter | Up to 100 Watts | Big Bass at a Great Value | Easy integration Home Theater Systems https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.rVuEbEH88CR9

#2021 4 years ago

Weird how $9000 games are sold and the main centerpiece shot in the game does not work . They had to do a software fix for a hardware issue . I tried a rubber band and it helped but too much forward and the ball gets stuck in front and demogorgon face edges wont stay adjusted. Seems a rushed and lack of testing or concern on Stern’s part . Ramps being sent out with the wrong pitch to some customers ? wouldn't they all be the same part ? The playfields also seem to hold up less every year . I don't expect no dimpling but mine looks horrible after 600 games worse than any other I have . Also the ramp when folded down cuts into the clear coat on the playfield . I had to put a lot of layers of scotch tape on the playfield until i can get some mylar. I would watch out for wear there. Anyone else seeing this on their games ?
Stern should release a small mini ramp that could be glued to the top of the existing ramp. A little more pitch is all that is needed to get the ball lined up for mouth shot. I have tried leg adjustment and flipper strength but no help .
I like the game and enjoy playing it overall.
Slow down . Make less games per year .
Focus on quality control. My advice to Stern.

This is the club thread. There is another thread to dump on Stern. Go there with this

#2022 4 years ago

So, having the game apart I noticed there's TWO ball optos at the left kickout! Should we rest assured there's at least one multiball we haven't seen yet? Maybe integrated in deeper vagmonster modes, I have only played the two first ones.

#2023 4 years ago

Just a question... is the shaker coded ? I dont feel the shaker very often...

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

You answered your own question. Haha

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

So, having the game apart I noticed there's TWO ball optos at the left kickout! Should we rest assured there's at least one multiball we haven't seen yet? Maybe integrated in deeper vagmonster modes, I have only played the two first ones.

I’ve played all 5 and haven’t seen a difference in the behavior of that spot.

The game has a sensor behind the drops too for dirty pool action. That’s coming for sure.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is the club thread. There is another thread to dump on Stern. Go there with this

So you cant be in the Stern club unless you agree that everything is awesome !
Good to know .... And a little crazy

I have all the new Sterns like some, love some , have issue with some.

#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

#2028 4 years ago

My son-in-law is over and I showed him my SThLE. He said the machine is like crack and is still playing it two hours later. This game'll do that to you. I get that different games are for different people, but don't understand how someone can't get addicted to this game.

On a separate note, I finished a Turn Up the Heat mode just as I locked my third ball for multiball...and the game reset. So it's not COMPLETELY fixed with that mode and multiball running simultaneously.

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve played all 5 and haven’t seen a difference in the behavior of that spot.
The game has a sensor behind the drops too for dirty pool action. That’s coming for sure.

Dirty Pool?

#2030 4 years ago

?? You're crazy man... i just ask a question ! I like my STh pinball. I have 4 stern pinball at my home...

Dont be so stupid man...

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:So you cant be in the Stern club unless you agree that everything is awesome !
Good to know .... And a little crazy
I have all the new Sterns like some, love some , have issue with some.

Yeah that’s right. Post your troll BS in other threads

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah that’s right. Post your troll BS in other threads

Not trolling stating facts about this game and opinions like everyone else on here

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

?? You're crazy man... i just ask a question ! I like my STh pinball. I have 4 stern pinball at my home...
Dont be so stupid man...

Innocent bystander. You're good.

#2034 4 years ago

Added purple flipper buttons and purple leg lights on my Le .

1140E8C8-7661-4679-9EC0-69657C914443 (resized).jpeg1140E8C8-7661-4679-9EC0-69657C914443 (resized).jpeg20BD5577-D486-443F-B8D2-A69B866FE89F (resized).jpeg20BD5577-D486-443F-B8D2-A69B866FE89F (resized).jpeg5EC22E98-B17B-4264-88C3-E12CF375023B (resized).jpeg5EC22E98-B17B-4264-88C3-E12CF375023B (resized).jpeg6E65ACC9-122A-4F15-A7D9-A671963FC0C0 (resized).jpeg6E65ACC9-122A-4F15-A7D9-A671963FC0C0 (resized).jpegC424B545-0C45-4A31-A5E4-D3231F351927 (resized).jpegC424B545-0C45-4A31-A5E4-D3231F351927 (resized).jpeg
#2035 4 years ago

Scoring comment. Just got the demo hit fr 15,000,000. Also for 10,000,000 on a diff game. Both were first hits but the differences was the TIME it took to hit it. So-it appears that there is a time too. This is for those of you that are working on making tiltforums perfect for us all!!

#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Dont be so stupid man...

I think he was trying to make a point. A really, really poor one.

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Scoring comment. Just got the demo hit fr 15,000,000. Also for 10,000,000 on a diff game. Both were first hits but the differences was the TIME it took to hit it. So-it appears that there is a time too. This is for those of you that are working on making tiltforums perfect for us all!!

It’s 10 mm for a kill after a bash. I believe your shot was just sloppy enough to register a bash just before it went into the mouth.

#2038 4 years ago

I would swear not, but they was my thought as well. I’d still test the timer as a measure as we go.

#2039 4 years ago

Heart break city for this guy.
Had a monster first ball going.
Pushing 200M. Shot or two away from total isolation.
Two or three demos done and extra ball collected. Start Turn Up The Heat mode.
Beat it.
Then, machine resets. Stern, for the love of all things holy, PLEASE fix this bug.
I just updated to .85 code, so it’s not fixed yet.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I think he was trying to make a point. A really, really poor one.

Point was some can complain on this thread .
When I do Iceman 44 tells me to take a hike .
I only reposted what he posted to me .

#2041 4 years ago

Avoid season 2 modes better! Haha. The only tome it has reset for me was when a demo dog mode was going with the season 2 mode. I emailed it to stern.

#2042 4 years ago

It’s just a bug, so I won’t over analyze, but I find it odd that I’ve played stranger things a bunch and haven’t had it reset. Ever. Even when playing Turn Up The Heat which I know has been problematic for others.
Then, this morning, I was messing with the left ramp and not really playing, and my machine reset for the first time ever after Turn Up The Heat was on. I completed no shots, so thought that was why it reset.
Then, this afternoon, we update to code .85 and I complete Turn Up The Heat and it still resets.
Craziness.

#2043 4 years ago

Point was some can complain on this thread .
When I do Iceman 44 tells me to take a hike .
I only reposted what he posted to me .

Thats cold..... as ice, my man.

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My son-in-law is over and I showed him my SThLE. He said the machine is like crack and is still playing it two hours later. This game'll do that to you. I get that different games are for different people, but don't understand how someone can't get addicted to this game.
On a separate note, I finished a Turn Up the Heat mode just as I locked my third ball for multiball...and the game reset. So it's not COMPLETELY fixed with that mode and multiball running simultaneously.

Man do I feel your pain.
The last two times I’ve played my machine has reset with Turn Up The Heat.
Didn’t matter if anything was stacked with it and it did it on both codes including the new .85.
Hope that gets fixed really really soon.

#2045 4 years ago

Crossing my fingers they get another update out fixing the resets before our launch party in two weeks.

#2046 4 years ago

So my buddy got one of the first Pro models in Canada and it had some of the common problems. Stern sent a couple of replacement parts, I thought I would share photos. First of all the replacement ramp post is definitely an improved design, using a roll pin instead of dimples like the original. I don't have a photo of the original, it will remain installed until it comes apart again. I had to hammer it back together once but it's been ok since.
new ramp postnew ramp post

They also sent new gates for the exit under the left of the demogorgon, but as near as I can tell, they are identical. I chose to simply remove the gate and we played for a couple of hours without issues. The original gate fell off one side after only a few plays, however we didn't realize what was going on, it's hard to see under there. A ball would frequently get stuck and really make the game not fun.
new gates side by sidenew gates side by side
new gates on top of each othernew gates on top of each other

This game has another problem which I haven't seen mentioned, but maybe I missed it. The right orbit shot doesn't register reliably when the shot is made. In switch test mode, it works perfect. But during play it seems that some of the time, the ball can roll past the switch on the left side and not press it down. I'm not sure what to do about this. Maybe stick something on the left lane guide to make the passage just a bit narrower?
right orbit switchright orbit switch

And finally the outlane posts. They came installed in the wide open setting, and we would like to move them to the middle. I had no trouble getting the nut off the bottom of a post. But the post did not want to budge out of the playfield. I was afraid to hammer on it. Is there a trick to remove the posts?

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

Is there a trick to remove the posts?

I always take a small punch and hammer it out gently from the underside.

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is how I do it as well

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I take a 1/4 wrench and put over the hex at the base (top side of playfield) and unthread it out. After a few spins it usually pops right out

#2050 4 years ago

Just stretch out the gate just a little and it will never pop out again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/41?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.