IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 449.
#1951 4 years ago

Focus was easy to adjust.
Could they have made that a little easier to adjust? Oh sure.
But, pretty easy adjustment.

#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

My Premium is being delivered tomorrow morning!

Awesome! Where are you located?

#1953 4 years ago

*make a note to add Chuckwurt to my list of pinsiders that it's great to own the same pin as. (Eskaybee is also on that list).

#1954 4 years ago

Don't drain on Morse code cuz I've had it reset on me twice tonight in that mode on the latest code.

My machine is functional but the demogorgon's basically untouchable as far as making the shot. According to tracking the new ramp for my machine will be here tomorrow and then I have a big tear down and rebuild to do. I have not heard anything back on the boot up issue but it has not happened again since Monday. Hoping I was hitting some sort of random software issue

#1955 4 years ago

Has anyone heard if the stern art blades have uv features to them?

#1956 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

For the folks in tears over the piss poor projection. A solution has presented itself. This is just a tease. I will provide a more thorough update when this project is done.
[quoted image]

WOW, that's a huge difference and improvement, yes please....

#1957 4 years ago

My Premium shipped today too! Thinking I’ll see it Monday because I’m a few states away!

#1958 4 years ago

It seems like with the new update, my flipper power got weaker. That’s weird. I had adjusted it to where I liked it prior to 0.85. Just weird. May have to bump it up some.

#1959 4 years ago

I'm not seeing any change in my flipper power. I did however have a ball somehow land right in the sweet spot on the demogorgon. Still didn't go in lol. Nudging made it fall forward. Closest I've come to sinking it in a while.

The replacement ramp arrived today but it didn't come as a kit so no decals, instructions, or anything. Waiting to hear back from Stern. The difference between the new one and the one on my machine isn't dramatic. It will be interesting to see if such a small difference really does make the difference in making that shot.

IMG_20200221_104236415 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_104236415 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_094254252 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_094254252 (resized).jpg

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I'm not seeing any change in my flipper power. I did however have a ball somehow land right in the sweet spot on the demogorgon. Still didn't go in lol. Nudging made it fall forward. Closest I've come to sinking it in a while.
The replacement ramp arrived today but it didn't come as a kit so no decals, instructions, or anything. Waiting to hear back from Stern. The difference between the new one and the one on my machine isn't dramatic. It will be interesting to see if such a small difference really does make the difference in making that shot.

That's worrisome.. I'm waiting for my new ramp to show up. I checked mine out after seeing your op about it and followed up with Stern and they said they would send me one. i look forward to hearing if it makes a difference for you.

#1961 4 years ago

Stern got back to me that it was supposed to come as a kit with the graphic, ramp, hardware, and instructions. He is trying to figure out what happened right now so hopefully hear back by end of day.

My distributor got a notification from Stern that the ramp kit is now available to resolve the shot difficulty issue so it looks like there was a general blast to distributors to try and get the word out.

#1962 4 years ago

Stern got back to me that it was supposed to come as a kit with the graphic, ramp, hardware, and instructions. He is trying to figure out what happened right now so hopefully hear back by end of day.
My distributor got a notification from Stern that the ramp kit is now available to resolve the shot difficulty issue so it looks like there was a general blast to distributors to try and get the word out.

Just got my ramp today directly from stern and mine is the same as yours, not a kit. Guess I’ll be back on the phone with Chas or Pablo. Ugh!

#1963 4 years ago

Here is my new ramp. Looks like hot garbage! Even when the decal gets put on that black mark will be visible. Now I wait for yet another ramp.

E73FD2B5-CE42-4891-98F8-EAA882AFCA88 (resized).jpegE73FD2B5-CE42-4891-98F8-EAA882AFCA88 (resized).jpeg
#1964 4 years ago

Getting the hang of it. Had 2 total isolation modes.

360001F7-647E-435E-9D02-5DDD333D595C (resized).jpeg360001F7-647E-435E-9D02-5DDD333D595C (resized).jpeg
#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Here is my new ramp. Looks like hot garbage! Even when the decal gets put on that black mark will be visible. Now I wait for yet another ramp. [quoted image]

Yeah mine has some black marks as well but not nearly that bad. Looks like ink of some type. Could probably be wet sanded off but not touching it until I hear back. Probably be Monday at this point. Lol

#1966 4 years ago

Sucks u guys are having so many issues. I thought my situation was bad. Wow. I’m finally getting mine dialed in. Although little tiny things going bad like bulbs and the plunger rod. Finally got that replaced as well.

#1967 4 years ago

All- got my LE. I like it but why do the ramps look like they have white paper on them (similar to projector screen) but I never see anything on them? There are also some smaller squares with the white surface. Am I missing something?

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

All- got my LE. I like it but why do the ramps look like they have white paper on them (similar to projector screen) but I never see anything on them? There are also some smaller squares with the white surface. Am I missing something?

Update to the newest code. All the white surfaces are used during during the game by the projector.

#1969 4 years ago

Don't drain on Morse code cuz I've had it reset on me twice tonight in that mode on the latest code.
My machine is functional but the demogorgon's basically untouchable as far as making the shot. According to tracking the new ramp for my machine will be here tomorrow and then I have a big tear down and rebuild to do. I have not heard anything back on the boot up issue but it has not happened again since Monday. Hoping I was hitting some sort of random software issue

0.85 code or earlier?

#1970 4 years ago

Picked up My Limited Edition #440 today! Everything seems perfect except the projector is slightly crooked on the main center screen. Hopefully the adjustments are easy? I haven't looked into it yet? First impressions are it's a beautiful machine, however its pretty brutal with extremely short ball times and the left and right outlanes seem to be a magnet for my balls... haha still a ton of fun so far an am looking forward to future updates.

20200221_134117 (resized).jpg20200221_134117 (resized).jpg20200221_142058 (resized).jpg20200221_142058 (resized).jpg
#1971 4 years ago

Projector positioning to totally adjustable. Make sure to pull the interlock white switch out when the coin door is open. Puts green screens everywhere so you can adjust them individually. Have fun!!

#1972 4 years ago

All. Thanks telling me about the .85. What a difference from .83. It is a completely different game and is awesome now! With more to come! I love the change so you can damage demo. Thanks again. I was so pissed about the white on the ramps. I thought I was supposed to peel it off. Lol!

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

0.85 code or earlier?

After the update to 0.85 I saw the resets both on Morse code but I have not seen it since. Both resets were in the first hour or two after update. Since then it seems way more stable than 0.84.

#1974 4 years ago

I received my ramp as well but just left it in the box for next week. I didn't even realize there was no decal. I just looked and mine is missing as well. LOL.

#1975 4 years ago

With the 0.85 update (last code), i have ever a reset of the pinball when i loose the ball (right outlane) during "code morse" mission.

#1976 4 years ago

Finally figured out what The root cause of my my magnet lock difficulties are.

Every time I fire up the game and start playing for the day, it works perfect. Then if I play for a while the shot becomes progressively harder to make it to the magnet.

This is due to the flipper becoming fatigued and losing power over extended use. Last night I took the flipper apart and replaced the stop, sleeve and plunger (plunger already had a burr on it surprisingly). Then after that the shot went back to 100% makable.

Now I’m not sure if that is due to the new parts or the flipper being able to cool down.

I’ve asked stern about it to see what they think. This might end up being an issue like LOTR where a different type of coil is needed to keep the performance up to continue to make that shot consistent.

#1977 4 years ago

Anyone experience this or have an answer for me otherwise?

Playing latest code update and noticed that I cant stack extra balls.

So basically it will give me the 1st extra ball but if I light and capture a second extra ball it does not award it after receiving the first extra ball.

Thanks for the input in advance

#1978 4 years ago

Haven’t been close enough attention to confirm or deny this. I tend to spend all my EBs before earning a second one on the same ball.

Could confirm with the glass off if you wanted. Should be easy to test. Just do the burn it back loop until one lights. Then start three modes to light the other.

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haven’t been close enough attention to confirm or deny this. I tend to spend all my EBs before earning a second one on the same ball.
Could confirm with the glass off if you wanted. Should be easy to test. Just do the burn it back loop until one lights. Then start three modes to light the other.

I pulled it off two games in a row during gameplay.

Would be very much appreciative if you or anyone else tested it to confirm it is not just me.
Thanks again!

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I pulled it off two games in a row during gameplay.
Would be very much appreciative if you or anyone else tested it to confirm it is not just me.
Thanks again!

There’s no setting to have this happen as far as I’m concerned so if it’s actually happening for you it will for everyone. Are you pro or LE?

#1981 4 years ago

Operator in town got their premium and unboxed it last night so I got to see the projector first hand and compare the shots and gameplay to my experiences with the Pro. The projector is fun but in this location it did look a bit washed out (brewery with large fluorescent worklights). The teased overlays in this thread I think could do wonders for it given the environment it's in. The magnet lock was super cool. Seemed to be more software bugs than I had ever noticed on mine, game restart at least once and twice the ball was stuck in the left kick out during a mode and ball search doesn't kick it out, only when the game entered upside down did it kick out on its own. But I think it was one code release prior so some of the bugs (especially the restart) I'm guessing might have been squashed. This pin *did* hit burn it back from the left kickout when 4th drop target is down, and otherwise only hit the 4th drop target when up. Really interesting given they were stock settings and mine absolutely hits the post every time.

Oh, and Demo shot was solid, nailed it almost every time as did most others there. The new scoring for Demo kills is wild, 15 million for a clean kill on first shot.

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Oh, and Demo shot was solid, nailed it almost every time as did most others there. The new scoring for Demo kills is wild, 15 million for a clean kill on first shot.

Just wait until you play the future Demo modes. Demo II is awesome scoring if you sir is for long enough and Demo III is 40 million plus for each clean kill. Crazy.

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s no setting to have this happen as far as I’m concerned so if it’s actually happening for you it will for everyone. Are you pro or LE?

Buddy's LE

Its actually the machine you were watching be streamed by Owl the other night

#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just wait until you play the future Demo modes. Demo II is awesome scoring if you sir is for long enough and Demo III is 40 million plus for each clean kill. Crazy.

Is the third a multiball one as well? I've only gotten to the second one but may need to play a game where I try just with that in mind.

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Is the third a multiball one as well? I've only gotten to the second one but may need to play a game where I try just with that in mind.

No. Upgraded strength of first round.

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Buddy's LE
Its actually the machine you were watching be streamed by Owl the other night

Okay cool. I’ll glass off test mine later today.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Every other one is a MB.

1- single ball
2 - MB
3 - single ball
4 - Mb
5 - not sure never been.

#1988 4 years ago

I'm hosting our launch party today and running 0.85 code, is anyone experiencing resets on the latest code verson? Just wondering if I should have a 0.83 USB stick ready to go..

#1989 4 years ago

So I don't post much! With all the negativity around this pin I figured I would post. At first I was hesitant to even open the box and set up the machine. Like a kid at Christmas, I couldn't wait! I first worked on the projector, got it all aligned/focused and off to the races! Everything else worked perfectly out of the box. We will see what happens in time but the game does need more code. The ramp jackpot lettering is lame! Would prefer something else instead of the lettering! More speech, callouts, mode integration is needed and hoping it will come. Music/sound effects are great! I am actually happy I opened the box! Great Brian Eddie flow!

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I'm hosting our launch party today and running 0.85 code, is anyone experiencing resets on the latest code verson? Just wondering if I should have a 0.83 USB stick ready to go..

I haven’t seen any resets. Someone mentioned during Morse code it reset when they drained. I haven’t seen that on mine. But I have a LE. I think the one that had a reset was on a Pro.

#1991 4 years ago

The slings need some kind of sound effects

#1992 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every other one is a MB.
1- single ball
2 - MB
3 - single ball
4 - Mb
5 - not sure never been.

Got to the fifth one today.
It’s a MB.

When locked in, this is one helluva fun shooter!

#1993 4 years ago

Yep just got to it as well! The 5th one is sweet. Will only get better with updates I assume.

Also my EBs are stacking fine. Picked up multiple on one ball multiple times today. Got two in a row like I should have.

#1994 4 years ago

One mode away from the season 2 wizard mode and 2 modes away from season 1. So 3 more modes and I would’ve gotten to final showdown. But none of that is in there yet so not too mad about it. Haha

Ended with 514mm

#1995 4 years ago

Also trying to setup a 6x super jackpot in Telekinesis Multiball is so hard but satisfying if you pull it off.

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Finally figured out what The root cause of my my magnet lock difficulties are.
Every time I fire up the game and start playing for the day, it works perfect. Then if I play for a while the shot becomes progressively harder to make it to the magnet.
This is due to the flipper becoming fatigued and losing power over extended use. Last night I took the flipper apart and replaced the stop, sleeve and plunger (plunger already had a burr on it surprisingly). Then after that the shot went back to 100% makable.
Now I’m not sure if that is due to the new parts or the flipper being able to cool down.
I’ve asked stern about it to see what they think. This might end up being an issue like LOTR where a different type of coil is needed to keep the performance up to continue to make that shot consistent.

A couple of us have noticed this same issue. Haven’t tried taking my flipper mech apart but I’ll see if I can take a look tomorrow

#1997 4 years ago

Wow. I’m seeing all of these high scores- I can’t break 20mm and that’s getting the demo 10mm. Can’t hit the ramps!
Suggestions?

#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Wow. I’m seeing all of these high scores- I can’t break 20mm and that’s getting the demo 10mm. Can’t hit the ramps!
Suggestions?

Practice. Haha. Watch the flipper and memorize where on the flipper the ball needs to be to make the shots. Don’t look up until the ball leaves the flipper.

#1999 4 years ago

No doubt I need to but this game is fast! I have guardians right next to it and it seems easy comparatively!

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

No doubt I need to but this game is fast! I have guardians right next to it and it seems easy comparatively!

Guardians doesn’t have a single dangerous shot. Plays long.

This is the complete opposite. It will make you a better player for sure. Need to learn reflexes and nudging to survive this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/40?hl=captchaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.