StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 445.
#1901 4 years ago

Is it ok to keep my machine on overnight ?

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Is it ok to keep my machine on overnight ?

Yep. I do it on accident all the time. Haha

#1903 4 years ago

NEW CODE!
Stern Pinball has posted new Stranger Things code v0.85.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition

Pro – v0.85.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Stranger+Things+Pro

Premium – v0.85.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Stranger+Things+Premium

Limited Edition – v0.85.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Stranger+Things+LE

LE/PRE V0.85.0 - February 19, 2020
=====================

- Added logic to hold up balls from being kicked out of the trough while the center
ramp is being lowered. This helps with balls getting temporarily stuck under
the ramp.
- Raised the priority of Bust Out and What's That background display effects.
Now, starting a chapter mode with Bust Out or What's That active will result
in Bust Out or What's That being the primary background display/music.
- Changed the criteria for when Demodog Targets are allowed to advance the
Demodog Attack feature.
- Added audits to the Demogorgon modes/multiball for KILLING a Demogorgon via
a body bash/hit.
- Added a Demogorgon mouth entrance switch closure audit.
- Added the Demogoron to ball search.
- Changed the rules/shots for What Mama Says. Now the center shot/arrow is no
longer available. Instead, shoot ramps, orbits or inner lanes. A blinking
arrow still indicates a shot's score award is doubled.
- Added a UV lamp test which is accessible in Diagnostics via the menu
Diag->Lamp->UV Test. This test is available when the adjustment
"UV Kit Installed" = YES.
- Fixed a bug in Turn up the Heat and Break Out that could cause the game to
reset when the mode prematurely ended via draining into the trough.
- Fixed a bug in Lure Dart where the mode timer was not being displayed on the
LCD screen.
- Changed some text in Sound Test to match the speech being played.
- Changed the default value for left billboard rotation. This will make it look
look correct in projector test so it matches what's actually in game.
- Now Dart Pop animations stay visible longer before fading out.
- Modified the Demodog M and O target animations to independently show when the
respective drop targets in front of them go down, if they are able.
- Removed mode timer information from the Left Billboard during Turn up the Heat
as this is a non timed mode.
- Fixed a bug where the mode timer was still being displayed on the Left
Billboard during a mode's grace period.
- Fixed issue with the M and O targets in projector test so that they're
individually controllable.
- Added Demodogs animations to the M-O targets.
- Added new Dart artwork to the pop bumpers.
- Added the M and O targets to projector test.
- Added drop target logic to trip/reset the drop targets during projector test
to allow projected images to appear on non obfuscated surfaces. Drops will
reset upon exiting projector test, if necessary.
- Now the red borders are thinner on all of the projector test surface images
so they overlap less on other surfaces.
- Added a custom font for the Left Billboard and center justified it's mode
timer digits.
- Fixed an issue where the right target at the left ramp did not adhere to the
projector diagnostics coordinate settings.
- Modified the jackpots displays on the ramps in TK MB to stop showing during
MB grace period.

- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below
the neutral center line.
- Renamed Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox
speakers.

#1904 4 years ago

Nice update..

#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

For the folks in tears over the piss poor projection. A solution has presented itself. This is just a tease. I will provide a more thorough update when this project is done.
[quoted image]

Wow. Is that the black screen stuff people were talking about earlier? Looks like an easy swap if so.

#1906 4 years ago

Does anyone else have issues with the right ramp? I’ve played several machines now where I can go from left to right ramp like with ease but my machine left ramp is like butter but right ramp is very clunky.

#1907 4 years ago

Mines smooth. Comes out of the ramp exit to the flipper slips sometimes, but smooth other than that.

#1908 4 years ago

So to blow up the game, forget modes. Demigorgon all day. Once you get to the later modes the demi can be worth 60million a shot.

#1909 4 years ago

Yeah I’m seeing this too. Demo modes and total isolation. Got over 200mm on total isolation the other night. Some modes are decent points, but like 20-30mm tops and that’s only for a couple of them. Maybe they will work on the mode scoring in future updates.

Looking forward to the game not crashing!

#1910 4 years ago

I got 190mil in total isolation! I started the mode and then started 2x scoring! Ended up wit 400 and some mil.

#1911 4 years ago

My Premium is being delivered tomorrow morning!

#1912 4 years ago

Finally got my replacement ball lock plunger for my pro this morning straight from stern. I’m not going to change it out until the original one pops out on me again, though. I’m trying to get some high scores right now. And I just bought a table cart to move my pins around from harbor freight. It works, but I have to take off the Handle in order to get it in far enough to lift my machines. Any advice or mods for this ?

#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Finally got my replacement ball lock plunger for my pro this morning straight from stern. I’m not going to change it out until the original one pops out on me again, though. I’m trying to get some high scores right now. And I just bought a table cart to move my pins around from harbor freight. It works, but I have to take off the Handle in order to get it in far enough to lift my machines. Any advice or mods for this ?

Search the forum topics for modified harbor freight carts. Tons of info here on that.

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Buy a 1" conduit bender from Home Depot, use it to bend the handle to roughly 45 degrees and then return the bender to Home Depot...

Jeff

#1915 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

And I just bought a table cart to move my pins around from harbor freight. It works, but I have to take off the Handle in order to get it in far enough to lift my machines. Any advice or mods for this ?

Yes I saw a hack on YouTube for it. I think Cary hardy did it.

#1916 4 years ago

I am thinking about getting a premium. I played the LE and enjoyed it. I am also a fan of the idea of an AFM like game with deeper code. One question I have, is there a purpose or will there be a purpose to the kickout on the left side of the machine? The kickout where it shoots to the drop targets. I didn’t see a purpose at all to it.
Thanks

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I am thinking about getting a premium. I played the LE and enjoyed it. I am also a fan of the idea of an AFM like game with deeper code. One question I have, is there a purpose or will there be a purpose to the kickout on the left side of the machine? The kickout where it shoots to the drop targets. I didn’t see a purpose at all to it.
Thanks

Super skill shot
Super jackpot
Start of 2x playfield
Used for mode shots
It should only nick the right target. If that target is down it should send the ball around the burn it back loop.

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

One question I have, is there a purpose or will there be a purpose to the kickout on the left side of the machine? The kickout where it shoots to the drop targets. I didn’t see a purpose at all to it.
Thanks

It knocks down the drop targets so it's a safer shot than trying to hit the drops directly head on and SDTM.

#1919 4 years ago

chuckwurt explained it better. I guess I'll need to adjust mine as it hits the last two targets and never goes into the burn it back loop.
Thanks!

#1920 4 years ago

Anyone else notice this in the new code?

8467E39C-ED7D-4D41-A9B5-A3CE7EF19034 (resized).jpeg8467E39C-ED7D-4D41-A9B5-A3CE7EF19034 (resized).jpeg
#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

chuckwurt explained it better. I guess I'll need to adjust mine as it hits the last two targets and never goes into the burn it back loop.
Thanks!

Mine hits the last two targets and the post if they are down as well. The other pro I've played does the same. Not sure what adjustment could be done to make it go into the burn back loop. Would love to know

#1922 4 years ago

Got lucky on mine and it was fine stock. It has a power adjustment. The harder it fires the more into the drops it will go. Try lowering the power from 16 to 13 and see what that does.

#1923 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Anyone else notice this in the new code?[quoted image]

Me likey

#1924 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Mine hits the last two targets and the post if they are down as well. The other pro I've played does the same. Not sure what adjustment could be done to make it go into the burn back loop. Would love to know

Same here, I've heard folks mention it going to burn it back sometimes and I've never seen it, always drops the last two targets and hits post if nothing is there. Will play with power adjustment to see. I do like it as a safer way to clean up during the Upside Down and some of the other modes that require clearing drop targets.

#1925 4 years ago

Anyone get their UV kit yet ? Just ordered mine. Curious for an ETA

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Anyone get their UV kit yet ? Just ordered mine. Curious for an ETA

Stern site says early to mid March.

#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got lucky on mine and it was fine stock. It has a power adjustment. The harder it fires the more into the drops it will go. Try lowering the power from 16 to 13 and see what that does.

I tried this; no luck. I have to say I've never seen one of these games behave the way you're saying yours does. Every time I watch a stream, the left kickout takes down the right two targets, and the ball launch takes out the left two targets. I thought this was by design to avoid hitting the targets dead on. It would be great to have the left kickout send it around the burn it back loop, but not sure how I would redirect the mech to get that done since lowering the strength isn't doing anything.

In unrelated news, I still hate the right orbit. Even after trying to adjust it, the ball still rattles around, and the orbit still feeds the ball either SDTM or into the top of the right sling...and SDTM. Aggravating...

#1928 4 years ago

Mine either goes all the way around or stops short and you get a two for one on the burn it back.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/549391346

Plenty of examples here.

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

In unrelated news, I still hate the right orbit. Even after trying to adjust it, the ball still rattles around, and the orbit still feeds the ball either SDTM or into the top of the right sling...and SDTM. Aggravating...

Try this. Add a second rubber to the post that’s a tad wider than the stock one above it.

Top down view too in case that helps.

0DA0C71B-90C3-403F-BF59-53EF290DFC69 (resized).jpeg0DA0C71B-90C3-403F-BF59-53EF290DFC69 (resized).jpeg77A560B9-3C10-4DB9-AE97-DE14A4BFA9D8 (resized).jpeg77A560B9-3C10-4DB9-AE97-DE14A4BFA9D8 (resized).jpeg
#1930 4 years ago

Also the grow dart animations for the pops are awesome. Not sure how many times he grows, but I’ve seen level 2

#1931 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Anyone else notice this in the new code?[quoted image]

How is no one talking about the fact theirs an audit for a co op mode

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

How is no one talking about the fact theirs an audit for a co op mode

Because we have no friends to play with as we hang out on pinside all the time?

Anyhow, co-op is the only way anyone is ever going to see Final Showdown, which is a shame. I'll play 4 player games with myself once this gets implemented.

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Anyhow, co-op is the only way anyone is ever going to see Final Showdown, which is a shame.

You’re crazy. I’ve been close already. The game gives out EBs like candy.

What’s weird is it seems like once you get close the game is a never ending wizard mode fest.

Get one for completing season 1, another for season 2 which happens two modes later, then final showdown right after that.

#1934 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also the grow dart animations for the pops are awesome. Not sure how many times he grows, but I’ve seen level 2

I’ve seen the baby one which is the start then he grows bigger on the second one and the third he looks like a demodog! It’s really cool. There may be more but that’s all that I have seen.

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Because we have no friends to play with as we hang out on pinside all the time?
Anyhow, co-op is the only way anyone is ever going to see Final Showdown, which is a shame. I'll play 4 player games with myself once this gets implemented.

That'll bring the phrase "playing with yourself" to a whole new level. I think this would be a great feature to have when your non-pinball adept friends come over. Instead of holding back so they don't get discouraged you could actually play along *with* them.

Wish more machines offered this. Yeah you could set it to 5 ball or more and alternate but still...

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re crazy. I’ve been close already. The game gives out EBs like candy.

?? I usually only get one extra ball per game how is your machine setup? I usually get it by starting the third mode and then collecting it. I see there is one if you can get 20 loops around the burn it back but I have yet to do that.

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

?? I usually only get one extra ball per game how is your machine setup? I usually get it by starting the third mode and then collecting it. I see there is one if you can get 20 loops around the burn it back but I have yet to do that.

Stock settings. Play more modes. I’ve gotten three and had the 4th lit.

#1938 4 years ago

And I get the burn it back one a lot.

#1939 4 years ago

If you hold both flipper buttons in you can start competitive mode, how do you start cooperative mode?

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

If you hold both flipper buttons in you can start competitive mode, how do you start cooperative mode?

I don’t think it’s in the game yet.

Also I remember now. I changed burn it back EB to 10 loops. Stock is auto. I don’t like auto adjusting EB awards. Probably why yours is all the way up to 20 now.

#1941 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

If your projector is out of focus, remove the #7 and 8 nut and cover. There is a focus wheel underneath. Use the focus screen in the diagnosis menu. The projector is on the left side under the apron, mounted in a bracket to the playfield.
After that, you will need to readjust the X, Y, and rotation on the individual projection areas.
[quoted image]

I must not be reading this correctly.
How do you focus this thing in?
I went to tests and found the x and y and stuff but to focus it in you have to take the apron off? Why isn’t the wheel to focus much easier to access?
Please let me know if I am missing something here.

#1942 4 years ago

Not missing anything. The focus wheel is a physical wheel on the right side of the projector itself.

#1943 4 years ago

Do you have to take the apron off ? I’m just going through the service menus. I updated to 0.85 and projector is completely out of the correct locations. How does the X Y thing work? I go to diagnostics, to ST , to Projector Test to get to X Y etc. Projector stays off while I fiddle with those X Y numbers. Afterwards projection seems to stay in the exact same spots on the playfield when exiting the menu and when the projector turns on soon after.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Do you have to take the apron off ? I’m just going through the service menus. I updated to 0.85 and projector is completely out of the correct locations. How does the X Y thing work? I go to diagnostics, to ST , to Projector Test to get to X Y etc. Projector stays off while I fiddle with those X Y numbers. Afterwards projection seems to stay in the exact same spots on the playfield when exiting the menu and when the projector turns on soon after.

Make sure and pull out the white interlock switch when in test. It will put green screens everywhere. Then you can adjust each one.

Focus is the only thing you need to take the apron off for.

#1945 4 years ago

Yes!! I love the new dart animation and how he “evolves”. Also, I noticed how The Morse Code mode advances by hitting the pop bumpers!

#1946 4 years ago

chuckwurt thank you. That did the trick. Back in business

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think it’s in the game yet.
Also I remember now. I changed burn it back EB to 10 loops. Stock is auto. I don’t like auto adjusting EB awards. Probably why yours is all the way up to 20 now.

Ha mine is set to auto and says something like 48 loops for an eb

#1948 4 years ago

I noticed in the latest code drop Barb mode also changed. Used to be hit the flashing shots to end the mode. Now it seemed like you have to clear the flashing shots then shoot center to find Barb. Non flashing shots increased jackpot.

#1949 4 years ago

Doesn’t look too bad to take the apron off.
Just a little surprised that’s the way to focus it. All good.
Thanks.

#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I noticed in the latest code drop Barb mode also changed. Used to be hit the flashing shots to end the mode. Now it seemed like you have to clear the flashing shots then shoot center to find Barb. Non flashing shots increased jackpot.

So does this mean you finally got your game fixed? And what was wrong with it?

Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Doesn’t look too bad to take the apron off.
Just a little surprised that’s the way to focus it. All good.
Thanks.

It'd be easier if it was a standard apron that you could slide off from the top. On the LE and premium, you have to unbolt it from the bottom of the playfield. And that's a major PITA if all you have to do is focus your projector.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/39?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.