IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 448.
#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

What pitch is everyone on the LE playing at? I have mine right at 7.0 because I typically like a steeper pitch. But, before I go digging into the left ramp and the demo shot, wondering if there is much difference at 6.5 pitch (presumably the bubble is in the middle).

6.5 now. Tried It at 7.3 was too steep. Rejected off the left ramp 90% of the time then.
Still does now but not near as much.

#1852 4 years ago

Did you adjust your demo at all?
Easy way to get him to sit forward with out taking completely apart?
Sorry, I know there is plenty written on this.
Thanks.

This is how TILT pinball bar adjusted the ramp on the pro to make the demo easier to hit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/68#post-5385952

#1853 4 years ago

Kinda funny, I was looking back at old threads on this title and 2 years ago ZMeny posted his wish list for the pin. Funny that half were implemented including the uv lighting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-stranger-things-pin

- I'm thinking backglass original art, Eleven with sinister look on her face and characters surrounding.
- Full widescreen with movie clips
- UV Pin Stadium lighting that goes off when entering the Upside Down and the whole playfield has reactive paint that transforms the playfieldninto the dark world with flickering lights
- wizard mode battling the demogorgon

#1854 4 years ago

Alright, I’m in. Game ships tomorrow, should see it Monday.

#1855 4 years ago

One of my GI bulbs keep blinking off and on. Will come back on if I tap it with my finger. Unfortunately , it’s the bulb that’s right above the right flipper mech. I’ve
Never taken one apart before. Is there a guide somewhere for modern sterns to take apart the flipper mech? I need to make sure that bulb is seated correctly. It’s the ball return lane on the right side.

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

One of my GI bulbs keep blinking off and on. Will come back on if I tap it with my finger. Unfortunately , it’s the bulb that’s right above the right flipper mech. I’ve
Never taken one apart before. Is there a guide somewhere for modern sterns to take apart the flipper mech? I need to make sure that bulb is seated correctly. It’s the ball return lane on the right side.

You should be able to inspect it from the top. Take the lane guide off.

Unfortunately this is very common on modern sterns.

#1857 4 years ago

Had the game reset on me today. At the end of my last ball. First time in 300 plays. Hope it's the last time.

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should be able to inspect it from the top. Take the lane guide off.
Unfortunately this is very common on modern sterns.

Yes I was able to take the protector off and inspected it. That’s why I was saying it will come back on if I push down on it. I need to get underneath it to see if it needs re-seating or what’s going on. Looks like a pain to get under there

#1859 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yes I was able to take the protector off and inspected it. That’s why I was saying it will come back on if I push down on it. I need to get underneath it to see if it needs re-seating or what’s going on. Looks like a pain to get under there

You should be able to take the bulb out from up top. Push down and twist a half turn.

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Had the game reset on me today. At the end of my last ball. First time in 300 plays. Hope it's the last time.

Won’t be until they update the code. Haha. Apparently it’s most common with season 2 modes and if you’re hitting lots of stuff in the mode right away. Sometimes does it while draining in the mode too.

#1861 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Won’t be until they update the code. Haha. Apparently it’s most common with season 2 modes and if you’re hitting lots of stuff in the mode right away. Sometimes does it while draining in the mode too.

Oh yeah, I was on Season 2.

#1862 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should be able to take the bulb out from up top. Push down and twist a half turn.

Oh sweet!! I will try that. Maybe it just needs to be twisted into place a little more. Maybe it got shook loose somehow

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Oh sweet!! I will try that. Maybe it just needs to be twisted into place a little more. Maybe it got shook loose somehow

Like I said. Common on these newer sterns. The socket might be shitty and need replaced.

#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like I said. Common on these newer sterns. The socket might be shitty and need replaced.

Well As I was trying to remove the bulb, I accidentally removed the top part and it broke. So now I need a replacement bulb. Where do I order replacement bulbs? I broke the violet colored one.

#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Well As I was trying to remove the bulb, I accidentally removed the top part and it broke. So now I need a replacement bulb. Where do I order replacement bulbs? I broke the violet colored one.

Comet pinball has exactly what you need. If you’re confused on what you get, email them what game you have and what color you need. They can help. I’d buy extras too.

#1866 4 years ago

Never mind. I found it on comet pinball. I got the purple. Hope that’s equivalent to violet. That’s what stern listed in the manual. Should be close enough? And i did buy extras. Lol.

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Never mind. I found it on comet pinball. I got the purple. Hope that’s equivalent to violet. That’s what stern listed in the manual. Should be close enough? And i did buy extras. Lol.

Not sure. You’ll find out soon enough. They ship fast.

#1868 4 years ago

The Le in the stream from the uv reveal was having some really bad flickering of the lower gi lights as well. Thought it was strange they would do a reveal with an issue like that.

I would also inspect the sockets to make sure they are not shorting in any way. Had a flickering light on a different pin and it turned out it was shorted and ended up blowing fuses.

#1869 4 years ago

Added arcade mod and a spot light to lite it up. When spell of protection is lit should the ball be saved on the left out lane? Mine never saves it. I checked the left out lane switch and it is working. Anyone get quarter hunt yet?

45ADE13A-0581-4CC4-9B41-E47C05051FF4 (resized).jpeg45ADE13A-0581-4CC4-9B41-E47C05051FF4 (resized).jpegF4020674-00A8-41DB-B3D1-1AFECAB2A44A (resized).jpegF4020674-00A8-41DB-B3D1-1AFECAB2A44A (resized).jpegF788E0A7-6B51-4012-9138-41ECE8E8CD86 (resized).jpegF788E0A7-6B51-4012-9138-41ECE8E8CD86 (resized).jpeg
#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

When spell of protection is lit should the ball be saved on the left out lane?

Yep.

#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Anyone get quarter hunt yet?

Yep. Lots of times.

#1872 4 years ago

Blew it up!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1873 4 years ago

Outlines are set to easiest....so don’t be too envious. Not an official score, I suppose.

#1874 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

One of my GI bulbs keep blinking off and on. Will come back on if I tap it with my finger. Unfortunately , it’s the bulb that’s right above the right flipper mech.

Is it the purple one? If so mine is doing the same thing.

#1875 4 years ago

Had about an hour or so to “tinker” with it tonight. Put the pitch down to 6.5 and thought it was pretty bad. Lock never worked. And, demo rarely worked. Put it back to 7.0 and still didn’t really enjoy it as much as when I unboxed it. Couldn’t make demo in mouth and left ramp locked maybe one out of every three.
I can see where some guys don’t like this pin if they walk up to it and it plays like that. On the flip side, I had a few really good games on it on Monday when I felt like it was mostly locked in.
Guessing this will be a game that takes a while to lock in and also don’t touch the pitch, level, demo, or left ramp once you find it.
In the end, I still think this pin will be a winner.

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Outlines are set to easiest....so don’t be too envious. Not an official score, I suppose.

That’s a great score!
Who cares where the outlanes are set.
You still had to make the shots.
Nicely done!

#1877 4 years ago

Just fitted the walkie talkie mod from Mr Tantrum...awesome quality, not all grainy like other 3d printed stuff I have had.

20200219_153513 (resized).jpg20200219_153513 (resized).jpg20200219_153527 (resized).jpg20200219_153527 (resized).jpg20200219_153534 (resized).jpg20200219_153534 (resized).jpg
#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

This is how TILT pinball bar adjusted the ramp on the pro to make the demo easier to hit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/68#post-5385952

Got really lucky with this one. I can make the demo shot almost every time unless my shot is just waaaay off, I have it at 6.9ish.
Adjusted the projector stuff a bit and bent the rails to feed the flippers a little better, but other then that. This was probably the easiest NIB stern (as far as tweaks) I've ever dealt with.

I'm being pre-emptive this time and sticking fender washers under the posts that hold the ramps. Hopefully it holds up better then the last plastic ramp game I bought.

#1879 4 years ago

I drained multiple times last night with bug super jackpot collects ready during total isolation. Ugh.

Love how you can light the super and collect it or press your luck and clear the rest of the jackpots, thus increasing the SJP to max value and collect then.

The sound effects are great too as you add more JPs to the SJP collect.

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I drained multiple times last night with bug super jackpot collects ready during total isolation. Ugh.
Love how you can light the super and collect it or press your luck and clear the rest of the jackpots, thus increasing the SJP to max value and collect then.
The sound effects are great too as you add more JPs to the SJP collect.

Tilt Forums needs to be updated for all of these quirks and rules. I more advanced code would help too...patience....

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Tilt Forums needs to be updated for all of these quirks and rules. I more advanced code would help too...patience....

Yeah I’m going to wait another few months before I update that. Code is still too new. Don’t want to have to change it all the time. Scoring in the modes seems all over the place too and hard to follow.

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Is it the purple one? If so mine is doing the same thing.

Yes it was the purple one. I tried to take it out of its socket and I accidentally broke it. So now I had to order some more bulbs from comet pinball. Geez.

#1883 4 years ago

Look for more code today or tomorrow boys!

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Look for more code today or tomorrow boys!

Really? Is this legit?

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Really? Is this legit?

Yes but I am unsure if it’s an update update or bug fixes

#1886 4 years ago

I’ll take big fixes. Haha

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll take big fixes. Haha

Usually when there is a bad bug that causes things like reboots, they get a quick update out to fix it.

#1888 4 years ago

Just received my LE #414. How do I go about adjusting the projector? Is it a manual Adjustment or in the menu electronic adjustment? It is off the screens about 1/4” to one side

#1889 4 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

Just received my LE #414. How do I go about adjusting the projector? Is it a manual Adjustment or in the menu electronic adjustment? It is off the screens about 1/4” to one side

That is in the menus. Diagnostics, then ST feature diagnostics, then select projector test.

Focus is manual and is on the side of the projector itself.

Please note. The projector takes 5-10 mins to warm up so if it looks out of focus, give it some time to warm up first before you go adjusting it.

#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Just fitted the walkie talkie mod from Mr Tantrum...awesome quality, not all grainy like other 3d printed stuff I have had.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! is this for sale on pinside marketplace?

#1891 4 years ago

This isnt really game specific, but my shooter rod suddenly feels "sloppy". Is there an easy way to adjust it in or out? The gap between where the ball sits and the plunger tip is significantly more prominent than my other game.

#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Looks great! is this for sale on pinside marketplace?

I got it here. Seems really well priced to me and it got here to me in Australia in under a week.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91599

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That is in the menus. Diagnostics, then ST feature diagnostics, then select projector test.
Focus is manual and is on the side of the projector itself.
Please note. The projector takes 5-10 mins to warm up so if it looks out of focus, give it some time to warm up first before you go adjusting it.

Perfect thank you

#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yes it was the purple one. I tried to take it out of its socket and I accidentally broke it. So now I had to order some more bulbs from comet pinball. Geez.

Well I switched the bulb with the purple from the left side and it still flickers. It’s the socket or a bad soldering job.

#1895 4 years ago

For the folks in tears over the piss poor projection. A solution has presented itself. This is just a tease. I will provide a more thorough update when this project is done.

IMG_20200217_115414 (resized).jpgIMG_20200217_115414 (resized).jpg

#1896 4 years ago

Wow that would be awesome if the projector looked like that!

Also, a captain obvious note here, but my pin has to be at 7.0 pitch versus 6.5 (which is the bubble in the middle).
For my pin it made a huge difference.

Before guys start taking things apart, check your pitch and be sure it’s a 7.0.

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

For the folks in tears over the piss poor projection. A solution has presented itself. This is just a tease. I will provide a more thorough update when this project is done.

Oh do tell more, I hope it's an easy swap! I don't think the projection looks that bad to be honest but this obviously looks WAY better

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

[quoted image]

'Bout time somebody did Stern's job for 'em... looks great!

#1899 4 years ago

Wow that would be awesome if the projector looked like that!

It does in a dark room. Haha.

#1900 4 years ago

I love this game. Just played about 10 games. Kicked my ass. Best was about 96MM. Hard to stop playing. Just... one... more... game...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/38?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.