IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 448.
#1801 4 years ago

Thanks to Lermods for some cool mods for this game.
They look great

0bAKJeZbSWueajvwchTlaA (resized).jpg0bAKJeZbSWueajvwchTlaA (resized).jpg
#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m going to have some time to play tonight. Gonna see if I can blow it up. Note to self. Tread lightly in season 2 modes. I think there’s something up with that mode ladder.

Recipe to blow game up..

Hit lock targets, start Telekenesis MB... get supers... get as many supers as possible... Get those 2x supers... get those inlane rollovers for bonus x boost..

Then just watch bonus carry your score for the rest of the game.

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Recipe to blow game up..
Hit lock targets, start Telekenesis MB... get supers... get as many supers as possible... Get those 2x supers... get those inlane rollovers for bonus x boost..
Then just watch bonus carry your score for the rest of the game.

Bonus nerfed in new code. Total isolation and demo mode 2 are the jam now.

#1804 4 years ago

Wonder if anyone else is seeing this issue. I'm not sure if this is due to the new software or not. On friday was the first time this happened and then it happened today as well.

I went to turn on the machine and when I flicked the power button all I heard was four or five clicks of the power supply in the backbox near the switch and then nothing. No lights in the back box and no more sounds. Tried four or five more times with the same issue. On Friday I opened up the coin door to get to the back box and when I got it all opened up to see if there were any error lights flashing on the boards the machine booted up normally when I turned the switch on. In diagnostics no technician alerts or anything. Today when it happened I just opened and closed the coin door and then the machine booted up fine. I've sent the info to Stern but wondering if anyone else has seen this.

I have not heard back from Stern yet on the demogorgon metal in the mouth issue I attached a picture of. I did take the glass off today and you cannot move the demogorgon on the bracket so it did not slip at all. It's on there firmly just looks out of alignment. I noticed I have an even better picture of it from when I had the demo out of the machine.

I'm a really technical guy and I love tinkering as much as the next person but I am getting really frustrated with this machine.

IMG_20200207_113930323 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_113930323 (resized).jpg

#1805 4 years ago

I’ll take it! Man that second demo mode is sweet if you can get super jackpots going.

Also had 2x scoring during demo mode III and got 40mm per kill.

67013EFD-EE57-4B25-8153-08E8C36EBCEB (resized).jpeg67013EFD-EE57-4B25-8153-08E8C36EBCEB (resized).jpeg
#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll take it! Man that second demo mode is sweet if you can get super jackpots going.

How do you get supers in the second demogorgon mode?

#1807 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

How do you get supers in the second demogorgon mode?

Get two demo kills, then the ramp goes up and all shots are lit for jackpots. Make all of them, the ramp comes back down for super jackpots. Each one is worth 30-40 million each. If you make two of those the ramp goes back up for more jackpots.

Great mode. Simple, but satisfying.

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

However, I also noticed that the metal guide under the right ramp also sticks out into the lane the ball travels. I simply removed the top 2 of 3 screws and slid the metal guide in to the left. This extra room seems to make all the difference in the world. I will try to post a good pic below. With game locked in I also had a really good game and died with extra ball lit. Dooh!

So you slid the metal guide to the left but how did you resecure it then, aren't those screws lined up on the playfield so you couldn't move it? You did nothign with the right orbit metal guide then?

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So you slid the metal guide to the left but how did you resecure it then, aren't those screws lined up on the playfield so you couldn't move it? You did nothign with the right orbit metal guide then?

The metal guide under the right ramp has three screws. I removed the top two screws and left the bottom screw in.
I moved the guide to the left to open up the shot for the ball coming up the right orbit and it seems to be staying in place with the one screw still in place.
I would rather have the right side snug against the wall but I couldn’t see a way to bend it into place.
I’ve played a bunch today. Right orbit continues to work great.
Two scores over 400M this afternoon.

#1810 4 years ago

I've had this game for a few weeks. I love it. My family loves it. Great game!

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No one has seen it in person yet. My guess is the experience will be the same between the premium and the LE unless a mod maker makes UV reactive side blades that may or may not work very well with the kit.

I'm getting it tomorrow. Not sure I can install it tomorrow though...it's my busiest day of the week. I'll be able to give feedback on it Wednesday, though.

I just finished a game where I got my first extra ball, fired up some different modes, and went through 3 Demo modes. I honestly don't know what some Pinsiders are smoking. I'm not even really that into the Stranger Things theme (I watch it, but don't look forward to it), but this game is a shitload of fun--and I'm a picky bastard.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm getting it tomorrow. Not sure I can install it tomorrow though...it's my busiest day of the week. I'll be able to give feedback on it Wednesday, though.
I just finished a game where I got my first extra ball, fired up some different modes, and went through 3 Demo modes. I honestly don't know what some Pinsiders are smoking. I'm not even really that into the Stranger Things theme (I watch it, but don't look forward to it), but this game is a shitload of fun--and I'm a picky bastard.

I have a feeling all your getting in the mail tomorrow is the shirt you ordered lol.

#1813 4 years ago

Yeah I’m loving it too now that I have it just about dialed you where I think it’s tough but fair in all respects.

This game gives out extra balls on a regular basis though. I never thought I’d approach the max extra balls of 5 (always thought that default setting was hilarious), but I just had a game where my 4th one was lit when I drained out. You got one from burn it back loops, as well as it seems to award them for every so many modes.

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I have a feeling all your getting in the mail tomorrow is the shirt you ordered lol.

I don't think so.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’m loving it too now that I have it just about dialed you where I think it’s tough but fair in all respects.
This game gives out extra balls on a regular basis though. I never thought I’d approach the max extra balls of 5 (always thought that default setting was hilarious), but I just had a game where my 4th one was lit when I drained out. You got one from burn it back loops, as well as it seems to award them for every so many modes.

Well, I'll play with it more this week when I put the UV kit in and replace the rubbers with Titans, so it's not fully tweaked out yet. But I haven't even moved the outlane posts in at all yet. They're all the way out. Did you move yours? This game is a gobblemonster...

#1816 4 years ago

Nope. Mines stock except I reduced the sling power a bit and bumped the initial ball save to 10 seconds.

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'll play with it more this week when I put the UV kit in and replace the rubbers with Titans, so it's not fully tweaked out yet. But I haven't even moved the outlane posts in at all yet. They're all the way out. Did you move yours? This game is a gobblemonster...

I’m planning on putting on glow in the dark titans to see how they react with the uv lighting

#1818 4 years ago

At this point in time i'm waiting to buy the UV kit until my machine is working properly. Not dropping another dime until I'm no longer immediately frustrated just looking at the machine. It's just been one thing after another. Some have been software issues but the demogorgon is just fubar on my machine. Stern did not reply to my email on the demo today so I asked again. The power issue is in engineering apparently. The replacement ramp with the proper angles is still backordered as well...

#1819 4 years ago

I'm hoping my UV kit comes with a signed plaque. Also, I only bought the shirt because it said "Limited Edition." I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make some money on it down the road...

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Wonder if anyone else is seeing this issue. I'm not sure if this is due to the new software or not. On friday was the first time this happened and then it happened today as well.
I went to turn on the machine and when I flicked the power button all I heard was four or five clicks of the power supply in the backbox near the switch and then nothing. No lights in the back box and no more sounds. Tried four or five more times with the same issue. On Friday I opened up the coin door to get to the back box and when I got it all opened up to see if there were any error lights flashing on the boards the machine booted up normally when I turned the switch on. In diagnostics no technician alerts or anything. Today when it happened I just opened and closed the coin door and then the machine booted up fine. I've sent the info to Stern but wondering if anyone else has seen this.
I have not heard back from Stern yet on the demogorgon metal in the mouth issue I attached a picture of. I did take the glass off today and you cannot move the demogorgon on the bracket so it did not slip at all. It's on there firmly just looks out of alignment. I noticed I have an even better picture of it from when I had the demo out of the machine.
I'm a really technical guy and I love tinkering as much as the next person but I am getting really frustrated with this machine.
[quoted image]

Looked at my demo and it looks just like this. What issue are you having?

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
I own a pro and want to know something. Why some people say "LE/premium is the way to go"... sorry but im watching all the videos with the projector and i dont find its beautiful... just meuhhhh... its the same animations that the lcd... and the lcd become unuseful on the LE/premium...
What do you think exactly ? Because i like very much this game... and want to know if i need to think for an upgrade.
Yann

I have the Pro and love it; if you are having fun with it; don't worry about someone else's opinion...Both are fine options.

#1822 4 years ago

Hey, @c0untdem0net , sorry about your problem. Have you checked all your connections, both in your backbox and inside the cabinet on the node boards? Something may have shaken loose in transit. Also, if this was happening to me, I'd check the interlock switch on the coin door. Make sure nothing is loose, pinched, shorted out, etc. Strange that it seems to work when the coin door is open.

#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also had 2x scoring during demo mode III and got 40mm per kill.[quoted image]

Well done!!

#1824 4 years ago

I'm catching up on this thread.

Do we know the difference between the Cointaker UV Kit and the Stern Kit? I leaning heavily towards purchasing the official Stern kit, unless someone can say otherwise.

#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm catching up on this thread.
Do we know the difference between the Cointaker UV Kit and the Stern Kit? I leaning heavily towards purchasing the official Stern kit, unless someone can say otherwise.

Cointaker is just lights, stern is lights, plastics and apron

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looked at my demo and it looks just like this. What issue are you having?

It's just constant issues. I have posted numerous videos and pictures in this thread. First they find that my ramp was built wrong so they order a replacement but it's back ordered still. Then I show in my video to them, and here, that my demogorgon is sticking and not moving freely. I took the whole thing apart and re assembled and the sticking issue is now gone but the shot is still impossible. I might have fixed it when I straightened the demogorgon base which appears to have been bent when I got it. I have a new one that they just sent me I'll install when the ramp arrives cause no one is paying for my time to do all these repairs. Now I'm not so sure about the demogorgon sitting on the metal bracket. Looking at Stern's own marketing pictures what I have does not look right at all. I just want confirmation from stern that what I am looking at is ok or not with that. To me it looks like about 5mm of an already tight shot removed from the edges on the side the left flipper is favoring..

Now let's add in the number of hours I worked with them troubleshooting the left ramp lock issue which was fixed in this latest patch and turned out to be software (thankfully) but now my stupid machine won't turn on 2 out of 4 days I've gone to turn it on.

I can go on but it's all documented here and in a 40+ long email chain with stern. Frustrated to no end

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, @c0untdem0net , sorry about your problem. Have you checked all your connections, both in your backbox and inside the cabinet on the node boards? Something may have shaken loose in transit. Also, if this was happening to me, I'd check the interlock switch on the coin door. Make sure nothing is loose, pinched, shorted out, etc. Strange that it seems to work when the coin door is open.

Thanks I appreciate the suggestions. I've checked the connections on all of the main boards and reseated them. I don't see anything that looks off. I'm hoping that the 4-5 clicks gives stern some indication of what is causing the issue. When the machine boots up correclty you only hear one click of the power supply so it's clearly trying to start up and giving up. No idea why the coin door opening is fixing it. Could be a coincidence but it has been the common denominator two times it's happened and resolved itself. Last I heard engineering is looking into it. Next time it happens I will get it on video for them.

I really don't think I had it happen until the new software was on the machine so hoping it's software related.

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
I own a pro and want to know something. Why some people say "LE/premium is the way to go"... sorry but im watching all the videos with the projector and i dont find its beautiful... just meuhhhh... its the same animations that the lcd... and the lcd become unuseful on the LE/premium...
What do you think exactly ? Because i like very much this game... and want to know if i need to think for an upgrade.
Yann

I was skeptical of the projector. Played it and it is very cool, especially on the drop targets, ramp targets, and spinner.

For the LE/Premium owners every code update is going to be exciting to see what they add to the projector’s effects.

#1829 4 years ago

Another dozen games tonight. First time getting to Total Isolation. Everyone needs to relax... This game gets your blood flowing every time. Man I can’t wait for the next update.

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Cointaker is just lights, stern is lights, plastics and apron

I have a pro but bought a metal apron, so wondering what is the best option.
Do you know if the coin taker kit plugs in with the smarts/pcb add on etc?? I'm new to Sterns and don't want to blow anything up. I'm gathering its best not to piggy back anything with node boards etc?

#1831 4 years ago

It's just constant issues. I have posted numerous videos and pictures in this thread. First they find that my ramp was built wrong so they order a replacement but it's back ordered still. Then I show in my video to them, and here, that my demogorgon is sticking and not moving freely. I took the whole thing apart and re assembled and the sticking issue is now gone but the shot is still impossible. I might have fixed it when I straightened the demogorgon base which appears to have been bent when I got it. I have a new one that they just sent me I'll install when the ramp arrives cause no one is paying for my time to do all these repairs. Now I'm not so sure about the demogorgon sitting on the metal bracket. Looking at Stern's own marketing pictures what I have does not look right at all. I just want confirmation from stern that what I am looking at is ok or not with that. To me it looks like about 5mm of an already tight shot removed from the edges on the side the left flipper is favoring..
Now let's add in the number of hours I worked with them troubleshooting the left ramp lock issue which was fixed in this latest patch and turned out to be software (thankfully) but now my stupid machine won't turn on 2 out of 4 days I've gone to turn it on.
I can go on but it's all documented here and in a 40+ long email chain with stern. Frustrated to no end

Sorry I’m just talking about the metal showing in the mouth. Mine looks the same and I had no issues making the shot once I had the demo leaning forward more.

#1832 4 years ago

Stern is still looking into the issue with the power on and resets but they did get some info back on the demogorgon metal in the mouth. Engineering said that on SOME games the bracket will be a bit more visible then on others but that this should not affect the shot. It was also asked if there was a way to adjust the Demogorgon and make it so that the bracket is not visible and they stated that due to the way the toy was drilled there is really no way to make any adjustments.

So looks like I continue to wait on the replacement ramp and hopefully that resolves my demogorgon issues.

#1833 4 years ago

Stern is still looking into the issue with the power on and resets but they did get some info back on the demogorgon metal in the mouth. Engineering said that on SOME games the bracket will be a bit more visible then on others but that this should not affect the shot. It was also asked if there was a way to adjust the Demogorgon and make it so that the bracket is not visible and they stated that due to the way the toy was drilled there is really no way to make any adjustments.
So looks like I continue to wait on the replacement ramp and hopefully that resolves my demogorgon issues.

Man, I feel your frustrations. I had nothing but issues for the first 2 weeks that I owned my pro. My center ramp was working intermittently, the ball lock plunger popped out, and it was just frustration because it seemed like I was getting nowhere with how to fix it. Stern had sent me out some new driver boards and a motor. But that still didn’t fix my problem. I finally called my distributor and the tech guy worked with me diligently until we found out it was a wiring issue. Now it seems like I have it pretty much dialed in. And am happy with it for the most part. Still waiting on a replacement ball lock plunger. Other then that, I’m good. I hope you get this resolved soon. Did you by chance talk to your distributor about this at all?

#1834 4 years ago

I have talked with him and he's aware of what's going on. Said he would help in any way he can but at this point dealing directly with stern is the best route. Pablo has been very responsive so no need to pressure them more yet.

#1835 4 years ago

I have talked with him and he's aware of what's going on. Said he would help in any way he can but at this point dealing directly with stern is the best route. Pablo has been very responsive so no need to pressure them more yet.

Yeah I worked with Pablo on my issue too. He’s very responsive and quick to try solutions. But in the end, it was my distro technician that found and fixed my problem.

#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I have a pro but bought a metal apron, so wondering what is the best option.
Do you know if the coin taker kit plugs in with the smarts/pcb add on etc?? I'm new to Sterns and don't want to blow anything up. I'm gathering its best not to piggy back anything with node boards etc?

This i can not say, i haven't seen how the cointaker set hooks up, weather its plugging into the node board or just clipping onto an existing light. All i know is they said it would cost $99, for me the extra $180 for a new apron (that have lights built into the apron also) and new UV reactive plastics are will worth the difference. Honestly Stern said this has been in the works since day one so their kit is going to work best with the game, im not trying to throw shade at the modders but i dont think they can make a product that is going to work as well as one that has been in development side by side with the machine. I get the anger from people about how it should have been in the game (or a free addon for LE buyers) and agree with them, but in my opinion if you are going to buy a kit, either get the stern kit or get no kit.

#1837 4 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about when premiums go into production?

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Has anyone heard anything about when premiums go into production?

I talked to a distro yesterday and he said they are on the line right now and he was expecting to get some this week if not early next week.

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I talked to a distro yesterday and he said they are on the line right now and he was expecting to get some this week if not early next week.

Oh awesome, first news I’ve heard. Thanks for sharing!

#1840 4 years ago

Get out of the email support loop. Push to work live with someone. Email support back and forth is the least effective use of anyone's time.

#1841 4 years ago

What pitch is everyone on the LE playing at? I have mine right at 7.0 because I typically like a steeper pitch. But, before I go digging into the left ramp and the demo shot, wondering if there is much difference at 6.5 pitch (presumably the bubble is in the middle).

#1842 4 years ago

I’m at 7 (bubble right at the top line), and my demo is fine when leaving forward and lock shot is great as long as my adjustment doesn’t slip.

#1843 4 years ago

Did you adjust your demo at all?
Easy way to get him to sit forward with out taking completely apart?
Sorry, I know there is plenty written on this.
Thanks.

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Oh awesome, first news I’ve heard. Thanks for sharing!

Just received confirmation from my distro that my premium is shipping monday the 24th, which im happy about but now have to move my launch party out a week.

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Did you adjust your demo at all?
Easy way to get him to sit forward with out taking completely apart?
Sorry, I know there is plenty written on this.
Thanks.

The elastic band trick worked for me. I bought a roll of it off amazon and cut to length and wrapped it around the back of the demo like someone else posted on here.

Permanent solution most likely involves taking it apart. I haven’t done that yet as I haven’t seen a fix yet that way.

#1846 4 years ago

I got my shirt today from Stern...

...and no UV kit.

Bastards.

I blame Dr-Willy

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and no UV kit.
Bastards.
I blame Dr-Willy

NOOOOOOOO, I had so much hope after your screenshot! Man that is a super bummer.

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and no UV kit.
Bastards.
I blame Dr-Willy

I knew you weren’t special.

#1849 4 years ago

The projector is a game changer on this title. I’m suspecting the UV kit will be too. Regardless if it’s right to charge extra, it will be a must have.

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:I knew you weren’t special.

Oh, I'm special, all right. Just not in that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/37?hl=rydhia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.