IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 448.
#1751 4 years ago

Any word on the pinstadium UV kit details yet?

#1752 4 years ago

All ready to take my LE in the house

20200216_125537 (resized).jpg20200216_125537 (resized).jpg
#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Any word on the pinstadium UV kit details yet?

He’s bringing it over tonight and I’ll have more info then.

#1754 4 years ago

Definitely seeing more machine resets with the latest software. At least it's kind about it and says "Restarting Game" when it happens. I've also had the ball get stuck under the ramp on the second demogorgon start. That never happened on the previous software. Manually restart the game quickly when that occurs. Seems like the ball from the shooter lane should wait until the ramp triggers down before shooting.

#1755 4 years ago

Also I didn't notice it until my son pointed it out but my demogoron looks to not be set on the metal frame correctly. Could be contributing to the shot difficulty. You can see how much metal is visible in the hole on the right side in the pic. Might be why mine looks to be turned to the right a bit. Going to send that pic to stern on Monday and see what they say.

I just got the demogorgon base so will be taking things apart soon anyway so can take a look at this issue as well. Hoping the ramp replacement ships this week too
IMG_20200207_134641942 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_134641942 (resized).jpg

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Also I didn't notice it until my son pointed it out but my demogoron looks to not be set on the metal frame correctly. Could be contributing to the shot difficulty. You can see how much metal is visible in the hole on the right side in the pic. Might be why mine looks to be turned to the right a bit. Going to send that pic to stern on Monday and see what they say.
[quoted image]

I posted on here about a week ago about this. Mine is like that too! I probably should have posted a pic as I probably didn’t describe it well enough for others to understand what I was talking about. Keep me updated through your progress on this please!

#1757 4 years ago

Had the machine for a few weeks.. shot these the day I got it!! Been meaning to post em but been busy... anyone else’s ramp have dimples?!

DC0B9AF2-CD4E-49D1-95AA-B26777E61A6B (resized).jpegDC0B9AF2-CD4E-49D1-95AA-B26777E61A6B (resized).jpegEE728BFE-C395-4950-996E-649D71BEFFB4 (resized).jpegEE728BFE-C395-4950-996E-649D71BEFFB4 (resized).jpeg7E078136-9A49-4174-BBC4-4182C5689906 (resized).jpeg7E078136-9A49-4174-BBC4-4182C5689906 (resized).jpeg
#1759 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Had the machine for a few weeks.. shot these the day I got it!! Been meaning to post em but been busy... anyone else’s ramp have dimples?![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes I have a couple of those on my Ramp too. Not as bad. But they’re there.

#1760 4 years ago

Yup lots of dimples on the metal bits. To be expected I guess with how violent the machine is with airballs. The number of glass hits is also impressive. I might need to dial my slings back some as well cause even those are causing airballs down on the lower part of the playfield.

#1761 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I posted on here about a week ago about this. Mine is like that too! I probably should have posted a pic as I probably didn’t describe it well enough for others to understand what I was talking about. Keep me updated through your progress on this please!

Thought I remembered seeing someone post about this but couldn't find it. Will report back what I find out. Seems my mech was really poorly put together to begin with so may just need to be stripped down and rebuilt.

#1762 4 years ago

Put in a bunch of games on code .84 today.
Really like being able to damage the demogorgon versus all or nothing.
Haven’t figured out if a perfect shot should make the mouth every time or not. I have not adjusted the demo at all yet.
Love the projector now showing light lock on the left targets along with projecting Christmas lights and JACKPOT in color on the ramps.
I will need to review the right orbit shot heading up to the pop bumpers.
Firm shots seem to get rejected.
Anyone else noticing this?
Otherwise, border line obsessed with the pin at the moment.

#1763 4 years ago

You guys don’t even want to see the playfield on my LE. I’ve got over 400 games on it already.

#1764 4 years ago

Well, I’ll be joining soon, and this will be my first NIB. Already have the UV kit and side rails on order for a pro model. And yes, I’m aware of all the issues and game bashing on this title.

Looking forward to this.

#1765 4 years ago

Just had my first 300mil+ game on the new code. Only real thing I noticed was the power bar and some new animations. Has the second demo dog mode always been 2 shots and done? Seemed really easy considering there are only 4 of those modes. Being able to really play the main demo modes now was also a lot of fun. I don't have to avoid those now which is good. Only finished the second one in that game. It feels so much more complete now that I can play a big portion of it
My replacement demogorgon base arrived yesterday but the new ramp has not yet. Hopefully get that next week and it makes that demo shot even more makeable.

Yes, always two shots, and then hit all
Lit shots and then ramp comes back down and demo shots are jackpots

#1766 4 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Well, I’ll be joining soon, and this will be my first NIB. Already have the UV kit and side rails on order for a pro model. And yes, I’m aware of all the issues and game bashing on this title.
Looking forward to this.

F The Haters...This game is beast, super addictive. You are going to love it

#1767 4 years ago

Looking forward to this.

I have the LE, come give it a try.

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I have the LE, come give it a try.

Thanks. Really appreciate it, and want to see how the LE projector looks.

#1769 4 years ago

Looking forward to this.

Side rails are out? Can’t find them.

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Side rails are out? Can’t find them.

Pre ordered. Several sites do have them listed. I ordered through Little Shop of Games.

#1771 4 years ago

Pre ordered. Several sites do have them listed. I ordered through Little Shop of Games.

Oh okay cool just saw them on their website, I hadnt seen them before. I’m don’t plan on getting them, I have the uv kit on order from stern and am patiently waiting for my premium to show up.

#1772 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The uv kits he’s making for this game will be much less than that. Then there’s the coin taker option that’s $99.

And that is odd in my book. I saw those PS sets for other machines and they sell for 279 dollar minimum. Even that Munsters baby set sells for 159 bucks. And now they will deliver a set for 99 dollars? I can't imagine that this is true.

On the other hand Stern is delivering a complete set with new plastics, apron, controller, led strips mounted on metal brackets.
Way too expensive of course but the set includes all the needed parts. Me like it a lot and I ordered a set for my machine last weekend.

#1773 4 years ago

Yup lots of dimples on the metal bits. To be expected I guess with how violent the machine is with airballs. The number of glass hits is also impressive. I might need to dial my slings back some as well cause even those are causing airballs down on the lower part of the playfield.

I removed the spacer beneath demogorgon and added a flipper rubber behind it (as discussed in this thread already). This not only increases the "swollow" rate but also decreases the number of hits on the playfield glass.

Hmm, swollow-rating........

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

And that is odd in my book. I saw those PS sets for other machines and they sell for 279 dollar minimum. Even that Munsters baby set sells for 159 bucks. And now they will deliver a set for 99 dollars? I can't imagine that this is true.
On the other hand Stern is delivering a complete set with new plastics, apron, controller, led strips mounted on metal brackets.
Way too expensive of course but the set includes all the needed parts. Me like it a lot and I ordered a set for my machine last weekend.

Re read my post. I never said the price of the PS version. I don’t know what it will cost. But if I had to guess they will be in between the CT and Stern options for the UV only kit.

Coin taker has a version for $99.

I fully understand why you want the stern kit and why you think it’s the best one. That might not be the case for everyone.

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Re read my post. I never said the price of the PS version. I don’t know what it will cost. But if I had to guess they will be in between the CT and Stern options for the UV only kit.
Coin taker has a version for $99.
I fully understand why you want the stern kit and why you think it’s the best one. That might not be the case for everyone.

Aah alright. That's the problem with those threads with so much replies, not every reply is fully read.

#1776 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just finished fixing that POS Star Wars topper. Now I'm off to fix my right orbit and the third drop target that doesn't go down but is happy to send your ball STDM. I'm starting to think that Stern games aren't just overpriced because of the dollar amount, but because of the time it costs you to get it where it should have been to begin with.

Please let us know what your right orbit issues is and what you do to fix it.
Mine bricks on strong shots to the right orbit. Will make it on a slower shot.
Thanks.

#1777 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I will need to review the right orbit shot heading up to the pop bumpers.
Firm shots seem to get rejected.
Anyone else noticing this?

Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Please let us know what your right orbit issues is and what you do to fix it.
Mine bricks on strong shots to the right orbit. Will make it on a slower shot.
Thanks.

The problem on some games is that long metal guide on the right side isn't well supported so it vibrates with strong shots and causes them to reject. The solution is to put something between it and the side rail to stabilize it.

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The problem on some games is that long metal guide on the right side isn't well supported so it vibrates with strong shots and causes them to reject. The solution is to put something between it and the side rail to stabilize it.

Good call. I’ll hop on it.
Thanks!

#1779 4 years ago

Scott from pinstadium came over last night and he tried out his UV only kit on the game. As you can imagine it was a full playfield coverage in UV light. With his being on the outside, it also hits the ramps and gives them a glow too. The uv art on the playfield is so cool.

He tried to tap into sterns uv controls in the game, but only got the flashing control to work with his.

Once I get my stern kit he should be able to figure the other half out. I’ll keep everyone posted on how this compares to the stern kit once I can see both and compare.

BC6F2A27-321C-49A0-9D0A-B8A4CC53C38B (resized).jpegBC6F2A27-321C-49A0-9D0A-B8A4CC53C38B (resized).jpeg
#1780 4 years ago

Nothing against pin stadium but I spent 8900 for my LE now people are being cheap and trying to save 100. I purchased the stern kit, it's factory looking, and fits the game perfectly, plus you get the new plastics, it's a no brainer.

#1781 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Nothing against pin stadium but I spent 8900 for my LE now people are being cheap and trying to save 100. I purchased the stern kit, it's factory looking, and fits the game perfectly, plus you get the new plastics, it's a no brainer.

I was thinking the same thing. Lol. People are either going to say fuck it and buy the stern UV kit, or simply not buy it out of principle. But seeking out a UV kit that could potentially be half ass for $100 seems pointless.

#1782 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Scott from pinstadium came over last night and he tried out his UV only kit on the game. As you can imagine it was a full playfield coverage in UV light. With his being on the outside, it also hits the ramps and gives them a glow too. The uv art on the playfield is so cool.
He tried to tap into sterns uv controls in the game, but only got the flashing control to work with his.
Once I get my stern kit he should be able to figure the other half out. I’ll keep everyone posted on how this compares to the stern kit once I can see both and compare.[quoted image]

Thanks chuckwurt, among others just looking for the best UV light option available. Not necessarily the full package w/ the plastic set, but overall playfield light coverage.

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Thanks chuckwurt, among others just looking for the best UV light option available. Not necessarily the full package w/ the plastic set, but overall playfield light coverage.

I think from that standpoint there might be some that prefer the PS setup instead. Just gimme the feature and cover the whole playfield. Now there also the CON of having to remove the PS lights each time you raise the playfield, so that’s another factor to consider.

I think some are getting their UV kits from stern this week. Hopefully mine is not far behind.

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Once I get my stern kit he should be able to figure the other half out. I’ll keep everyone posted on how this compares to the stern kit once I can see both and compare.[quoted image]

Curious if you noticed any UV ink on the LE side art? Hard to tell if it is there in this picture.

#1785 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That doesn't look very much like the Stern UV lighting. What wavelength are the LEDs in the pinstadium kit? That doesn't look like it's triggering the reactive stuff.. where's the white reaction in the art?

#1786 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That doesn't look very much like the Stern UV lighting. What wavelength are the LEDs in the pinstadium kit? That doesn't look like it's triggering the reactive stuff.. where's the white reaction in the art?

Maybe its because UV light doesn't photo well, but this looks pretty bad compared to what Stern was showing.

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Curious if you noticed any UV ink on the LE side art? Hard to tell if it is there in this picture.

Nope. None that I noticed.

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe its because UV light doesn't photo well, but this looks pretty bad compared to what Stern was showing.

I was hoping the same thing.. but jack's videos were just normal cam setups AFAIK.. I plan on taking my LED flashlight and looking at ours tonight and comparing..

#1789 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah it’s not showing well over picture. It was completely obvious and visible in person. My picture was mainly to show how it covers the entire playfield.

#1790 4 years ago

Let's say Scott charges $150 for this. You don't get the new UV ink plastics, apron etc. You also need to remove the darn things every time you lift the playfield. Not worth it for me.

#1791 4 years ago

Yep. I agree. Hence why I went with sterns kit.

#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

It has nothing to do with being "cheap". It's principle.

#1793 4 years ago

PSA. Please keep pinstadium out of this thread. I vom in my mouth a little each time it gets brought up.

#1794 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Think I got the right orbit fixed.
Remove both plastics on the right side. Piece of cake. I found that the right metal guide isn’t snug against the “wall.” As mentioned elsewhere, there is play there and I couldn’t see a way to bend it and get it to stay snuck against the wall.
However, I also noticed that the metal guide under the right ramp also sticks out into the lane the ball travels. I simply removed the top 2 of 3 screws and slid the metal guide in to the left. This extra room seems to make all the difference in the world. I will try to post a good pic below. With game locked in I also had a really good game and died with extra ball lit. Dooh!

67F11252-A4A8-49B4-A98C-F84AEF1D7821 (resized).jpeg67F11252-A4A8-49B4-A98C-F84AEF1D7821 (resized).jpeg38F12D46-AC53-4D24-AFC6-97F1E7D8E875 (resized).jpeg38F12D46-AC53-4D24-AFC6-97F1E7D8E875 (resized).jpeg
#1795 4 years ago

My magnet lock diverter came out of alignment once again. So last night when adjusting back, I put blue lock tite on all 4 screws in the coil plate on the backboard. Fingers crossed this is the last time. Haha

#1796 4 years ago

Hi all,

I own a pro and want to know something. Why some people say "LE/premium is the way to go"... sorry but im watching all the videos with the projector and i dont find its beautiful... just meuhhhh... its the same animations that the lcd... and the lcd become unuseful on the LE/premium...

What do you think exactly ? Because i like very much this game... and want to know if i need to think for an upgrade.

Yann

#1797 4 years ago

Nothing like having 270 mil on ball 2 with an extra ball and the game shuts down and reboots I was in the Morse code mode.

#1798 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
I own a pro and want to know something. Why some people say "LE/premium is the way to go"... sorry but im watching all the videos with the projector and i dont find its beautiful... just meuhhhh... its the same animations that the lcd... and the lcd become unuseful on the LE/premium...
What do you think exactly ? Because i like very much this game... and want to know if i need to think for an upgrade.
Yann

It's not the same images at all ...the projector has many more and more to come.

#1799 4 years ago

Man that reset has got to be frustrating.
I sure hope that gets ironed out soon.
I got to turn up the heat today and was expecting a reset but mine has been good knock on wood.
I’m blown away by this pin.
Love it.
Just went 442 million. Made it all the way through the demos and put up 90M on total isolation. 53 combos.
Fantastic pin.

#1800 4 years ago

I’m going to have some time to play tonight. Gonna see if I can blow it up. Note to self. Tread lightly in season 2 modes. I think there’s something up with that mode ladder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/36?hl=billypilgrim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.