IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3107 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 448.
#1701 4 years ago

Stern can’t stop money grabbin. Stop buying there pins.

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

This is the club thread, take your stupid BS elsewhere.

#1703 4 years ago

Stop buying *THEIR* pins.

And, unless you own the pin and want to actually discuss the pin, kick rocks dude.

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

Hey, hypocrite: You have 4 pins. 3 out of 4 are Sterns. 2 of THOSE are from 2018, well after the pricing boom. So when you're done paying those off, then YOU can stop buying Stern's pins and THEN you can lecture us about what we should do with our money.

But we still won't care. Stranger Things rocks, and I don't regret my LE purchase one bit.

We need a Suck It emoji.

#1705 4 years ago

Picked my LE up today.
Damn this game is fast

I can make the centre shot a lot.
It doesn't seem to be an issue for me.

kS84BZSWS72BlbgPs6kJOQ (resized).jpgkS84BZSWS72BlbgPs6kJOQ (resized).jpg
#1706 4 years ago

Seeing how cool the uv light kit is I am thinking of cancelling my LE and getting premium.

The side art does not change which make the premium (black sides) better, not?

What do you guys think?

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure. But different strokes for different folks. LOTS of people have complained about the price of this kit. So if they are presented with another way cheaper option they may be interested. I’ll be able to experience both so I’ll make sure and report my findings so people can decide for themselves.

But pinstadium sets are around 260 bucks. I can't imagine they will deliver a set for way less than 279. The stern kit includes a complete plastics set, an apron and a controller.

I ordered mine yesterday.

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Seeing how cool the uv light kit is I am thinking of cancelling my LE and getting premium.
The side art does not change which make the premium (black sides) better, not?
What do you guys think?

I'm a pro guy and however the prjector looks like a really cool item you got to stop somewhere. I modded the pro to my liking and enjoying every game i play.
That saved me 2 grand which I can use for another machine.

If i got the choice either buy 4 pro's or 3 premiums i'd go for pro. Simple as that.

If I were you i'd buy the prem.

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, hypocrite: You have 4 pins. 3 out of 4 are Sterns. 2 of THOSE are from 2018, well after the pricing boom. So when you're done paying those off, then YOU can stop buying Stern's pins and THEN you can lecture us about what we should do with our money.
But we still won't care. Stranger Things rocks, and I don't regret my LE purchase one bit.
We need a Suck It emoji.

Don't forget to look at his wishlist and previous owned list

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

But pinstadium sets are around 260 bucks.

The uv kits he’s making for this game will be much less than that. Then there’s the coin taker option that’s $99.

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The uv kits he’s making for this game will be much less than that. Then there’s the coin taker option that’s $99.

If I was a pro guy absolutely I’d do the coin taker. I bought the kit for the LE cause of the plastics and such

#1712 4 years ago

Like I said options are always good. I got the kit and I’ll see what Scott as cooked up tomorrow. I’ll provide as much info as I can.

#1713 4 years ago

On the pro model, my ball lock post came out of the plunger. Is currently laying on the ramp. Can anyone recall what the fix was for this. Thought I saw something on it earlier.

#1714 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

On the pro model, my ball lock post came out of the plunger. Is currently laying on the ramp. Can anyone recall what the fix was for this. Thought I saw something on it earlier.

Send an email to [email protected] with your serial number, I believe they have updated the parts and will send you them.

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Send an email to [email protected] with your serial number, I believe they have updated the parts and will send you them.

My distributor is handling the replacement. But I was told they’re on back order ATM. hmm. I wonder why?

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

My distributor is handling the replacement. But I was told they’re on back order ATM. hmm. I wonder why?

Haha. These seemed to have close to a 100% failure rate on the first run of games. Luckily by the time the LEs shipped they were updated.

#1717 4 years ago

Chas sent me this checklist for dialing in the ramp diverter and magnet. Let's mark this as a key post so others can access it easily. Click the image to see the full PDF. BEFORE MAKING ANY ADJUSTMENTS TO THIS MECH, PUT YOUR FLIPPER POWER TO STOCK - 255.

*** update Jan 2021. Also. Stern has an updated left ramp cover that is adjustable. This may help you dial in the shot further. Get with your distro and stern to get it sent to you. ***

Here are the PDF instructions for the new left ramp cover. Please look at them closely. It allows you to further dial the shot in. Highly recommended.

***** PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST. ALL OF THESE ADJUSTMENTS NEED TO BE CONSIDERED****

Left ramp cover instructions.pdfLeft ramp cover instructions.pdf

TK Lock Adjustments Q4 2020.pdfTK Lock Adjustments Q4 2020.pdf

The pdf adjustments should get yours working 100% or extremely close. Some things to do that aren’t on there:

Completely remove the snug plate screw mentioned in the pdf towards the end. Unscrew all the screws that hold on the entrance half of the left ramp (including the ramp flap screws in the playfield). Push the ramp towards the player as much as possible and then put the ramp flap screws back and and all other ramp screws.

*** VERY IMPORTANT - also try and put a small shim between the ramp that runs along the back wall, and the back wall. This will push the ramp away from the wall more. It is recommended to do this directly below elevens head or underneath where the magnet is, or both. *****

If done correctly, your ramp diverter arm should sit in the cutout of the ramp just like this:

IMG_2840 (resized).jpgIMG_2840 (resized).jpg

Be absolutely certain (with a tiny ruler or tape measure) that the diverter arm is about 12-13/16” of an inch from the back wall when engaged (don’t move the arm with you finger, push the coil plunger in from the back of the game) after you do this correctly your mech behind the backboard should look like this (note where the bracket screws are and the spacing of the bracket holes):

IMG_2859 (resized).jpgIMG_2859 (resized).jpg

IMG_2864 (resized).jpgIMG_2864 (resized).jpg

IMG_2837 (resized).jpgIMG_2837 (resized).jpg

Make sure the arm end is 2” or less above the floor of the ramp (I’ve found it works best if it’s a tad lower than 2”). Again be absolutely certain this is exactly right.

IMG_2838 (resized).jpgIMG_2838 (resized).jpg

If either of those adjustments are a hair off it will cause the lock performance to suffer. See below for a couple more pictures to "make yours like mine"

Make sure when the ball is on the diverter and going up it, it is riding the top of the diverter and not touching the metal guide welded to the outside of the diverter rod (again test this by actuating the diverter with the coil plunger behind the back wall):

IMG_2856 (resized).jpgIMG_2856 (resized).jpg

Also, when the diverter is engaged, the ball should not touch it until this point (see pic below) after it makes the turn in the ramp:

83024880-C65E-4579-9CED-92DB374519B8 (resized).jpeg83024880-C65E-4579-9CED-92DB374519B8 (resized).jpeg

If you get rejects, it is from the diverter pinching the ball, which means you have the mech adjusted so that the diverter closes too much. Go back and redo the mech adjustments until yours looks like mine.

I have completely dialed mine in with no additional fixes from Stern.

Make these adjustments right and it should be good. Add the flipper coil fans that Vireland is making to ensure the performance of your flipper is consistent for long periods of play.

After all that you should have 99-100% locks

#1718 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

It’s certainly not an easy game by any means, which makes me like it even more.
I finally got over 100 Million.
I haven’t adjusted anything yet.
Out lanes still set all the way up, which I plan on moving down tomorrow.[quoted image]

Nice, yeah...So my strategy for blowing up the score...You have to get a good Telekenesis multiball going, if you have 2x scoring activated; even better.

Complete modes all while advancing on the Demo; and then just get a hot ball or two and you can blow this up to 300mil+ I have seen some insane bonuses. This game is really challenging; it's basic in layout; but so much fun to shoot...Enjoy!!

#1719 4 years ago

Key for me has been big total isolation modes. Can get 200-300 million from that mode alone.

#1720 4 years ago

Now that this game is getting more popular where them mods at lol

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Now that this game is getting more popular where them mods at lol

Mezel and Ler have entire threads with their mods in there. I’d say at least 10-20 between the two.

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mezel and Ler have entire threads with their mods in there. I’d say at least 10-20 between the two.

Looking for more 3D innovation. A lot of mods aren’t exactly specific to the theme. I will say the plastic protectors in pink is an absolute must

#1723 4 years ago

Looking for more 3D innovation. A lot of mods aren’t exactly specific to the theme. I will say the plastic protectors in pink is an absolute must

Ler has a dig dug mode, arcade sign, and xmas lights sign

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-mod-thread#post-5461078

Mezel has the following

Starcourt Mall sign
Arcade sign (spinning)
Castle Byers fort
Hawkins lab building facade (Pro)
Leaving Hawkins sign
Hawkins National Lab sign
Hazmat gear dome cover
Demogorgon bat
Backboard lighting
Plastic protectors
Playfield and shooter lane protector

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods

#1724 4 years ago

Really enjoying this game even more w/ the latest code update. The demogorgon shot is much better w/ the damage bar, though we are able to hit bulls-eye 2 in 5 x's. The second demogorgon mode w/ Trap'Em is phenomenal. Hitting all the jackpots after eliminating two monsters, then one in the pie hole for the super jackpot is a fulfilling challenge. Last night was able to complete the second Telekenesis multiball round w/ a score just under 900,000. With future updated code releases, this title will absolutely be embraced by the pinball community.

#1725 4 years ago

If you have something in mind, let me know. I thought the Xmas lights, spinning sign and dig would be enough for the game, but am open to suggestions. I don't want to litter the playfield with trinkets and if you put mods on the lower part of the playfield, they almost surely will get taken out by airballs.

#1726 4 years ago

I totally respect mod makers and how much work they do. i have seem Lermods set up. I also love the Hawkins signs but $27 is insane. Someone please make one cheaper

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you have something in mind, let me know. I thought the Xmas lights, spinning sign and dig would be enough for the game, but am open to suggestions. I don't want to litter the playfield with trinkets and if you put mods on the lower part of the playfield, they almost surely will get taken out by airballs.

No your mods are great as well as mezels. I shoulda explained more along the lines of UV reactive mods

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is the club thread, take your stupid BS elsewhere.

I must second this!

#1729 4 years ago

Just had my first 300mil+ game on the new code. Only real thing I noticed was the power bar and some new animations. Has the second demo dog mode always been 2 shots and done? Seemed really easy considering there are only 4 of those modes. Being able to really play the main demo modes now was also a lot of fun. I don't have to avoid those now which is good. Only finished the second one in that game. It feels so much more complete now that I can play a big portion of it

My replacement demogorgon base arrived yesterday but the new ramp has not yet. Hopefully get that next week and it makes that demo shot even more makeable.

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

You can fix the one you have in the mean time. I believe some people are recrimping and others are using 2 part epoxy to hold it in. Mine was not part of the first 100 machines which apparently had this issue. I have around 500 plays on mine and it's not showing any signs of coming loose. Watch now that I said that it will fly out lol

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Has the second demo dog mode always been 2 shots and done? Seemed really easy considering there are only 4 of those modes.

Yes. They need to do more with the second demo dog mode for sure. And there are only three of the demo dog modes.

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. They need to do more with the second demo dog mode for sure. And there are only three of the demo dog modes.

oh right, thought there were more for some reason. After banging on targets for a good while two shots was pretty underwhelming. Was surprised it was over. Did not see what is in the third one

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ler has a dig dug mode, arcade sign, and xmas lights sign
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-mod-thread#post-5461078
Mezel has the following
Starcourt Mall sign
Arcade sign (spinning)
Castle Byers fort
Hawkins lab building facade (Pro)
Leaving Hawkins sign
Hawkins National Lab sign
Hazmat gear dome cover
Demogorgon bat
Backboard lighting
Plastic protectors
Playfield and shooter lane protector
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods

I think Lermods has the spinning arcarde sign right?

It's sitting in my checkout basket

#1734 4 years ago

Last night my wife and I went to the local bar to play this pin again(it calls to me for some reason) and was happy to find the new code was downloaded. I think I’m going to add this guy to my lineup but I’m on the fence on pro vs. premium. I definitely want to play the premium/LE first and then make my decision. I can see this pin really shaping up already. My wife really likes this one which is cool for me but not my wallet.
85467A07-782E-4E21-9E79-1192BE26CDAA.jpeg85467A07-782E-4E21-9E79-1192BE26CDAA.jpeg

#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think Lermods has the spinning arcarde sign right?
It's sitting in my checkout basket

Yep. Mezel does too. I’m going with that one because theirs is lighted from the inside.

#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chas sent me this checklist for dialing in the ramp diverter and magnet. Let's mark this as a key post so others can access it easily. Click the image to see the full PDF.
[quoted image]

This is gold. I was about 70% on mine as I had done the one adjustment already. But my guide was WAY too high at 2 1/4”!! Bent it down to 2” and now that magnet lock is butter.

#1737 4 years ago

Is anyone aware if the CoinTaker UV's are interactive w/ the code? I believe the UV's are to be on during upside down & flashing while in the demogorgon modes. Plus curious to know how much of the playfield area the lights will cover.

#1738 4 years ago

When do premiums start shipping?

#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This is gold. I was about 70% on mine as I had done the one adjustment already. But my guide was WAY too high at 2 1/4”!! Bent it down to 2” and now that magnet lock is butter.

3C96A905-2DD5-4DB2-9D5B-DBBA30B01B61.gif3C96A905-2DD5-4DB2-9D5B-DBBA30B01B61.gif
#1740 4 years ago

Got the LE set up today. Played about 10 games so far. Demo is very very easy to hit directly In the mouth on my set up. Maybe 9 out of 10 times ? Got 75M on the mode that requires three consecutive kills. All three direct hits to the mouth with maybe 1 or 2 body shots in the mix. Saw the fourth Demo also. Lock shot is consistent . Feed to the left misses the sling and drops to the left flipper. So zero QC issues here. Projector is out of focus and have not tried to adjust yet. Gonna be a winner in my books and group think has given this game a bad rap.
08EC9FFB-952F-4CAA-8920-ADB4D1C8B863 (resized).jpeg08EC9FFB-952F-4CAA-8920-ADB4D1C8B863 (resized).jpeg

7E7691E3-4CB6-4088-A363-C3F17FA7AA89 (resized).jpeg7E7691E3-4CB6-4088-A363-C3F17FA7AA89 (resized).jpegB08BAD05-78E8-4471-8084-870C1EFFADAC (resized).jpegB08BAD05-78E8-4471-8084-870C1EFFADAC (resized).jpeg
#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Feed to the left misses the sling and drops to the left flipper.

Can someone that this works for record a slow-mo video. Mine never does and I can't seem to find any reason or adjustment to change it, comes out of the post lock there bounces off the orbit and hits the sling 9 out of 10 times. I'm at a loss how to change that I don't see any coil setting for the post and not sure how or why it would matter anyway.

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can someone that this works for record a slow-mo video. Mine never does and I can't seem to find any reason or adjustment to change it, comes out of the post lock there bounces off the orbit and hits the sling 9 out of 10 times. I'm at a loss how to change that I don't see any coil setting for the post and not sure how or why it would matter anyway.

No adjustment for the post’s power.

#1743 4 years ago

Wen through the checklist from stern for the diverter and the ramp positioning and I’m getting great results. Hopefully they work long term. I’m 4/5 on the lock shots. Still rocking the elastic band hack on the demo, I don’t really feel like tearing that apart since I’m not for sure whatever I’ll do will work.

Now to play test a bunch. Hopefully I finally got this dialed.

Also, I was having sloppy feeds to my right flipper from the right ramp return so I added a piece of beer seal to the stock grommet at the end of the ramp. Much smoother feeds now.

24E7CA62-1A9E-4D2A-9F77-01AFEE2EFD65 (resized).jpeg24E7CA62-1A9E-4D2A-9F77-01AFEE2EFD65 (resized).jpeg
#1744 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No adjustment for the post’s power.

So annoying, mine never works, no idea a solution. It feeds perfect off the left flipper from the burn orbit just never from that release on the left

#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So annoying, mine never works, no idea a solution. It feeds perfect off the left flipper from the burn orbit just never from that release on the left

Try adjusting the guide. That’s my only idea.

#1746 4 years ago

Just finished fixing that POS Star Wars topper. Now I'm off to fix my right orbit and the third drop target that doesn't go down but is happy to send your ball STDM. I'm starting to think that Stern games aren't just overpriced because of the dollar amount, but because of the time it costs you to get it where it should have been to begin with.

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try adjusting the guide. That’s my only idea.

I tried, beyond bending it super far I don't see it mattering. Again the burn it back orbit shot feeds to the left flipper perfect so if I tweak it too much then that shot is probably going to go STDM. I contacted Stern support for any other ideas, I'm at a loss.
I'm not the only one seeing this am I, seems others said theirs does the same?

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I tried, beyond bending it super far I don't see it mattering. Again the burn it back orbit shot feeds to the left flipper perfect so if I tweak it too much then that shot is probably going to go STDM. I contacted Stern support for any other ideas, I'm at a loss.
I'm not the only one seeing this am I, seems others said theirs does the same?

Correct. Others have this issue as well.

#1749 4 years ago

So LE owners, what do you think of UV kit?

Won't it be more immersive with Premium? Side art does not change color if I'm not mistaken.

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So LE owners, what do you think of UV kit?
Won't it be more immersive with Premium? Side art does not change color if I'm not mistaken.

No one has seen it in person yet. My guess is the experience will be the same between the premium and the LE unless a mod maker makes UV reactive side blades that may or may not work very well with the kit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35?hl=wildrover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.