IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 449.
#17601 10 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Maybe the licencing conditions changed considering the show is more popular now and so are the people in it.

If they ever do re-run this title it would only be for the pro models.
That's how their last 2 runs of the machine were if I'm remembering correctly. So if you're dead set on the projector just buy the prem or le because those will never be re-run again.

#17602 10 months ago

Maybe the licencing conditions changed considering the show is more popular now and so are the people in it.

exactly what everyone that knows better has been saying for years now

#17603 10 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

exactly what everyone that knows better has been saying for years now

It was just a guess on my side but makes sense. Thanks

#17604 10 months ago

You can imagine that if the cost to renew the license is so high that there is minimal profit to build them, it makes sense for Stern to focus on other licenses.

It could also be that the license is off the market for any number of licensing, ownership, marketing, likeness, and rights reasons.

It's all reading between the lines on what the issue is.

#17605 10 months ago

Are there any more rumours on another run of this game?
I would hate getting an LE and see then re running an improved special edition.
Is the projector available to buy from Stern?

Anyone looking to buy a projector, this is the best price around - https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/translite-backglass/stranger-things-premium-projector-for-pinball-machine-509-2009-00/

#17606 10 months ago

Anyone ever remove the decal from the center ramp and reuse it? Have a new ramp but no decal and wondering if it’s even possible to get off and reuse. I’ve read a few other posts about doing this but none for Sth. Thanks for any advice! Or better yet anyone have a decal for sale let me know!

#17607 10 months ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Anyone ever remove the decal from the center ramp and reuse it?

Pinball life has projector decals for the premium/LE, but I see you have a pro. Not sure about a building decal.

I guess you need this kit, but none in stock:
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/decals-playfield-ramp/stranger-things-pro-replacement-decal-set-for-stern-pinball-machine-802-5000-q1/

#17608 10 months ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Anyone ever remove the decal from the center ramp and reuse it? Have a new ramp but no decal and wondering if it’s even possible to get off and reuse. I’ve read a few other posts about doing this but none for Sth. Thanks for any advice! Or better yet anyone have a decal for sale let me know!

I have but it was on a premium. Assuming its the same material thickness...it can be done. Just work slowly and use a hair dryer. Note...I did not because I didn't care. I was using the decal as a template anyway...but it turned out fine, and I stuck it on a sheet of wax paper to use later if I need to.

#17609 10 months ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I have but it was on a premium. Assuming its the same material thickness...it can be done. Just work slowly and use a hair dryer. Note...I did not because I didn't care. I was using the decal as a template anyway...but it turned out fine, and I stuck it on a sheet of wax paper to use later if I need to.

Thanks just installed the lighted translucent drops and used this method to remove the target decals. Worked much better than I expected!!

#17610 10 months ago

**Photo Heavy Post**

Loved this machine since the first time I played it at MGC years ago, knew it was one I wanted to own.

Joined the club months ago, read through the entire club owners thread before it arrived.
Appreciate everyone's advices on adjustments, mods, tweaks, etc...

Finally have it dialed in with all the mods and adjustments I want.

Mods include:
Stern UV Kit
Stern Shaker
Stern Insider Kit - relocated to coin door
Stern Topper
LED Speaker Light Kit (previous owner)
Custom Cup Holders - modfather
Flame effect kit on 2x multiplier, 2x scoring, burn it back - PinMonk
Hot Pink nylon leg bolt washers - PinMonk
Hot Pink Pro Plate Frame - PinMonk
Titan Breeze Fans on flipper coils - PinMonk
Pin Blades (4 color forest) - CoinTaker
Purple LED Flipper Buttons - pinballlife
Drop Target Illumination Kit - MezelModsDesign
Translight Custom Lighting Kit - Lermods
Through Hole Illumination Kit - Lermods
Backboard Illumination Kit - Lermods
Shooter Plate Cover - CoinTaker
Backbox Magnetic Power Splitter - Lermods
Cabinet Power Splitter - pinballlife
External Volume Control - pinballlife
Magnetic LED Hinge Covers - Litedpinballmods
Translucent Plastic protectors - CoinTaker
Friends Don't Lie Button Bezel - CoinTaker
Cliffy Protectors (on backorder) - Cliffy
4 color forest pin blade decals (resized).jpg4 color forest pin blade decals (resized).jpgBackboard LED kit 3 (resized).jpgBackboard LED kit 3 (resized).jpgCustom cup holder 1 (resized).jpgCustom cup holder 1 (resized).jpgDrop Target Illumination BLUE (resized).jpgDrop Target Illumination BLUE (resized).jpgExternal Volume Control (resized).jpgExternal Volume Control (resized).jpgFlame Effect 2x (resized).jpgFlame Effect 2x (resized).jpgFlame Effect 2x Multiplier (resized).jpgFlame Effect 2x Multiplier (resized).jpgFlame Effect Burn it Back (resized).jpgFlame Effect Burn it Back (resized).jpgFriends don't lie bezel button cover (resized).jpgFriends don't lie bezel button cover (resized).jpg

Hot Pink Plate (resized).jpgHot Pink Plate (resized).jpgInsider Connect Relocated (resized).jpgInsider Connect Relocated (resized).jpgInsider Connect Relocated 2 (resized).jpgInsider Connect Relocated 2 (resized).jpgMagnet hinge cover led off (resized).jpgMagnet hinge cover led off (resized).jpgMagnetic hinge cover led on (resized).jpgMagnetic hinge cover led on (resized).jpgMagnetic hinge cover led on 2 (resized).jpgMagnetic hinge cover led on 2 (resized).jpgNew Translite Backboard Lighting 1 (resized).jpgNew Translite Backboard Lighting 1 (resized).jpgNew Translite Backboard Lighting 2 (resized).jpgNew Translite Backboard Lighting 2 (resized).jpgNew Translite Backboard Lighting 3 (resized).jpgNew Translite Backboard Lighting 3 (resized).jpgNylon Leg Bolt Washers (resized).jpgNylon Leg Bolt Washers (resized).jpgPin Monk Titan Breeze Coil Cooling Kit (resized).jpgPin Monk Titan Breeze Coil Cooling Kit (resized).jpgPlastic Protectors left translucent purple (resized).jpgPlastic Protectors left translucent purple (resized).jpgPower Board Add-on Backbox (resized).jpgPower Board Add-on Backbox (resized).jpgPower board add-on Cabinet (resized).jpgPower board add-on Cabinet (resized).jpgThrough Hole LED Kit 2 (resized).jpgThrough Hole LED Kit 2 (resized).jpg
#17611 10 months ago

Long shot but does anyone happen to have a spare right cabinet decal for a pro they are willing to part with?

#17612 10 months ago
Quoted from mooshue:

Backbox Magnetic Power Splitter - Lermods
Cabinet Power Splitter - pinballlife

Gorgeous pin! Whats the purpose of the power splitters? Easier to wire up new mods?

#17613 10 months ago

I just picked up the Stranger Things pro and looking for suggestions on what would be the best UV kit to install or what’s available.

#17614 10 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

I just picked up the Stranger Things pro and looking for suggestions on what would be the best UV kit to install or what’s available.

Get the official one if you can, pin stadiums are better than nothing though

#17615 10 months ago

When you complete a set of drop targets and it wants you to shoot the center, are the drop target supposed to continuously pop up and down? I don’t remember this happening when I played it in the arcade in the past but is happening on the game I recently acquired. Any thoughts on what’s going on?

Video of what’s happening:

#17616 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

When you complete a set of drop targets and it wants you to shoot the center, are the drop target supposed to :

Looks like it might be an issue with the opto. I had a similar issue with the up post and it was because one of the lenses on the opto shattered.

#17617 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

When you complete a set of drop targets and it wants you to shoot the center, are the drop target supposed to continuously pop up and down?

Nope. Go to the switch test in the diagnostics menu. Start with the drop targets up and knock them down one at a time and see if the 4 switches show their off/on status changing. That is an easy place to start. It may be something as simple as a loose connector.

#17618 10 months ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Gorgeous pin! Whats the purpose of the power splitters? Easier to wire up new mods?

Yes, exactly that. I've already used the one in the Blackbox for 3 items, 2 in cabinet. Who knows what cool stuff will be out in the future.

#17619 10 months ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Looks like it might be an issue with the opto. I had a similar issue with the up post and it was because one of the lenses on the opto shattered.

Quoted from Neal_W:

Nope. Go to the switch test in the diagnostics menu. Start with the drop targets up and knock them down one at a time and see if the 4 switches show their off/on status changing. That is an easy place to start. It may be something as simple as a loose connector.

Thanks for confirming I’m not crazy and that’s not part of the game! I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary in switch test or diagnostics, but I messed with the drop target mech a bit and reseated all connectors and it seems to have resolved itself. I’ll keep an eye on it going forward. Thanks!

#17620 10 months ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Get the official one if you can, pin stadiums are better than nothing though

The official one does not seem to be available and the pinstadiums are a couple of months out. Does anybody have a kit to sell?

#17621 10 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

The official one does not seem to be available and the pinstadiums are a couple of months out. Does anybody have a kit to sell?

Check with flip n out. It won’t be cheap, but maybe they have one.

#17622 10 months ago

Anyone interested in buying the official Stern Stranger Things banner with 5 funko pops (Will, Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Elleven).

I used to have the banner in my pinball room with the funko pop characters displayed above it. I also have the original boxes for the funko pop character’s and they are all in perfect condition.

Need to look up prices and figure out a good price for all of it.

Pm if interested.

I’ll make an official ad soon for it either way.

Here’s a terrible picture I have on My phone for now.

IMG_3780 (resized).pngIMG_3780 (resized).png

#17623 10 months ago

So I struck out so far with trying to find an official uv kit and not sure I want to spend $500 + on the pinstadium one that seemingly not as good. Is there any cheap hacks to do with uv lights in some of the GI to give some more upside downness? Any chance Stern will make more kits?

#17624 10 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

Any chance Stern will make more kits?

The UV kit includes plastics with likeness of the actors on them, so they can't make them until they work out a new license deal and it seems the license is currently not available or prohibitively expensive.

#17625 10 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

So I struck out so far with trying to find an official uv kit and not sure I want to spend $500 + on the pinstadium one that seemingly not as good. Is there any cheap hacks to do with uv lights in some of the GI to give some more upside downness? Any chance Stern will make more kits?

Is the pin stadium not good? Why?

#17626 10 months ago

Is the pin stadium not good? Why?

Works fine. Just doesn’t behave exactly like the stern kit and obviously doesn’t come with the replacement plastics.

#17627 10 months ago

I have the stern UV kit on mine and don’t think the replacement plastics are that huge of a deal personally. The playfield itself is really the most immersive part so you would be fine with the pinstadium version imo. I think the stern kit would be preferred but definitely get some sort of UV kit on there in general. It’s a huge part of the game for my personal enjoyment of it at least.

#17628 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Works fine. Just doesn’t behave exactly like the stern kit and obviously doesn’t come with the replacement plastics.

Why does not it behave the same?

#17629 10 months ago

I have both kits on mine. Had to get the Pinstadiums first due to Stern slacking in making the kits durring COVID.

What is nice is the Pinstadiums helps light up the whole game with the UV.

#17630 10 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I have both kits on mine. Had to get the Pinstadiums first due to Stern slacking in making the kits durring COVID.
What is nice is the Pinstadiums helps light up the whole game with the UV.

Do they trigger on upside down and else like the oem?

#17631 10 months ago

Why does not it behave the same?

Because it’s not made and programmed by stern. Pinstadium did not figure out how to make it behave just like the stern kit. Some of the flashing and other lighting effects aren’t there. It’s just on off during upside down mode.

#17632 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it’s not made and programmed by stern. Pinstadium did not figure out how to make it behave just like the stern kit. Some of the flashing and other lighting effects aren’t there. It’s just on off during upside down mode.

This sucks.
Not interested on this kit then

#17633 10 months ago

Unless you had the OEM on there for a lot of plays and then suddenly replaced it with the Pinstadium kit, you probably won’t know the difference.

#17634 10 months ago

Is Stern still making the uv kit?

#17635 10 months ago

Is Stern still making the uv kit?

No. That’s why Pinstadium is now $500 instead of $250.

#17636 10 months ago

And it’s not even programmed right.
Lol junk

#17637 10 months ago

And it’s not even programmed right.
Lol junk

It is programmed as close and Pinstadium could get it.

#17638 10 months ago

Yes, it triggered off one of the lights. I don't remember which one Scott at Pinstadium told me to attach it to. They work great. The Stern ones definitely focus and flash more around the center of the playfield. I like the pinstadiums as you can give just a little extra light to the overall playfield during game play as well.

#17639 10 months ago

My Sth came with the pinstadiums and I would say they are 100% worth it. Are they as good as the official Stern UV kit, I’m not sure having never seen it. But I will say you are missing out if you do not have either as it’s such a great addition to the game. $500 is steep but you also get better/customizable lighting during normal game play which I really enjoy. Having this game without any UV kit is like having kool aid with no sugar or cereal with no milk, just doesn’t make sense.

#17640 10 months ago

the plastics add a lot, too. they're as essential to the package as the lights and PCB are imho

#17641 10 months ago

I wonder if there would be a market for a UV reactive plastic set (or just the slings)
Could be made with generic (non licensed) assets think D20, waffles, vans (this game definitely needs moar vans!)
Have a broken sling plastic on our routed machine and would probably buy a set just to preserve the originals.

#17642 10 months ago

Kool Aid with no sugar! That is one of the best statements on the inter web!

Quoted from pinner11:My Sth came with the pinstadiums and I would say they are 100% worth it. Are they as good as the official Stern UV kit, I’m not sure having never seen it. But I will say you are missing out if you do not have either as it’s such a great addition to the game. $500 is steep but you also get better/customizable lighting during normal game play which I really enjoy. Having this game without any UV kit is like having kool aid with no sugar or cereal with no milk, just doesn’t make sense.

#17643 10 months ago

I could not have my kool aid without sugar so I ordered the pinstadiums. Pinner11 is a good salesman.

#17644 10 months ago

The UV ledstrip are all driven by this board here:
520-8445-00

From what I can see, it's very likely these leds are 12V UV strips, and it's a matter of identifying the pinout of the LED connectors to the board.
Then this board connects directly to the rest of the Spike system, so you instantly get native UV kit control. So with this board and proper wiring you could use the Pinstadium UV kit. Or build your own using cheap Aliexpress UV leds.

At least in theory.

[EDIT] Looking at the manual and available information: this board connects directly to Node 9, through CN14, which is a transistor driven output of node 9. This means it's simply a digitally controlled switch from CN14. This UV led board essentially converts 48V to 12V, and use this digital input to turn on/off the UV ledstrips, you can see on the board picture there are two identical section, one for each side. Frankly, I'm surprised Pinstadium could not figure it out and build a custom board.

#17645 10 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

520-8445-00
From what I can see, it's very likely these leds are 12V UV strips, and it's a matter of identifying the pinout of the LED connectors to the board.
Then this board connects directly to the rest of the Spike system, so you instantly get native UV kit control. So with this board and proper wiring you could use the Pinstadium UV kit. Or build your own using cheap Aliexpress UV leds.
At least in theory.
[EDIT] Looking at the manual and available information: this board connects directly to Node 9, through CN14, which is a transistor driven output of node 9. This means it's simply a digitally controlled switch from CN14. This UV led board essentially converts 48V to 12V, and use this digital input to turn on/off the UV ledstrips, you can see on the board picture there are two identical section, one for each side. Frankly, I'm surprised Pinstadium could not figure it out and build a custom board.

Looks like a nice challenge to take on…
I am in

#17646 10 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

520-8445-00
At least in theory.

This board is power supply only from what I understand. But maybe it also tells the lights to behave the way they do. Not sure.

#17647 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This board is power supply only from what I understand. But maybe it also tells the lights to behave the way they do. Not sure.

Unlikely. The connection to node 9 is a transistor output, so it's on/off. Also, looking at the board, it's clearly two power sections (you can see the coil, and the voltage regulator is likely beneath the heatsink), there's no additionnal logic, no IC that I can see. I'm willing to bet that if you take a measurement on CN14 pin 5 and 6, you will see it controls directly through the power board the UV ledstrip

#17648 10 months ago

I would like to get this board but the eu store wont ship to North America or anywhere outside Europe it seems.

Any ideas?

#17649 10 months ago

I would like to get this board but the eu store wont ship to North America or anywhere outside Europe it seems.
Any ideas?

Check with all the distributors in the US and Canada

#17650 10 months ago

Any ideas?

Have stumblor get you what you are looking for and ship it to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/353 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.