IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 449.
#17551 11 months ago

Mine came off super easy. At the 1800 plays it’d seen before I got it, it had worn through. (The entire cab was black with dust and the previous owner had jammed the back box through a door and had destroyed both decals on hinges as well, the machine was not treated well)

#17552 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Modern mylar peels off rather easily. It's the old 80s 90s stuff that is a pain. While you are checking mylar - check the piece where the ball hits the playfield as it exits the left scoop. That can wear through too.

I put the Mylar in a J like everyone says around the scoop. Is there another spot? I saw that one post a couple weeks back of a spot on the playfield further away from the scoop but I thought others chimed in and said they didn’t have an issue there.

#17553 11 months ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I put the Mylar in a J like everyone says around the scoop. Is there another spot? I saw that one post a couple weeks back of a spot on the playfield further away from the scoop but I thought others chimed in and said they didn’t have an issue there.

There is a factory installed piece of mylar further up than where the J shaped piece would go. Its to the upper right of the saucer, right where the ball lands when ejected from the saucer. You may not have an issue but it's worth checking while you have the mylar out.

#17554 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

There is a factory installed piece of mylar further up than where the J shaped piece would go. Its to the upper right of the saucer, right where the ball lands when ejected from the saucer. You may not have an issue but it's worth checking while you have the mylar out.

that is not factory installed, by the way. there is no mylar there from the factory, but i would definitely recommend it. we all saw the way that one dudes' playfield chipped.

this is the spot, right here- there is mylar there in this picture but it did not come factory installed.

PXL_20230108_194627775 (resized).jpgPXL_20230108_194627775 (resized).jpg

#17555 11 months ago

I just noticed this spot this week when I moved the machine and light hit it just right. For me, it runs at approximately 45 degrees off the 3'oclock position on the upper bike insert.

I'm going to wax, clean, and mylar this location ASAP. (also visible is my ramp gouge all ye witness and despair)
Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 12.59.05 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-06 at 12.59.05 PM (resized).png

#17556 11 months ago

The top binocular insert light always stays lit on this pro. Anyone know how to fix this?

55C0C5D9-A8CF-4DDF-898C-45C079EC6DAB (resized).jpeg55C0C5D9-A8CF-4DDF-898C-45C079EC6DAB (resized).jpeg
#17557 11 months ago
Quoted from JackG:

The top binocular insert light always stays lit on this pro. Anyone know how to fix this?
[quoted image]

got any mods installed?

#17558 11 months ago
Quoted from JackG:

[quoted image]

From what I understand it's usually just a node board acting up. I've heard of several of these games doing the same thing.

#17559 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

While you are checking mylar - check the piece where the ball hits the playfield as it exits the left scoop.

I don't recall seeing any factory mylar where the saucer kicks out on my premium. I plan to add some after seeing how that one weird playfield chipped right there.

#17560 11 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

got any mods installed?

Just uv lights

Quoted from Soundkillr:

From what I understand it's usually just a node board acting up. I've heard of several of these games doing the same thing.

Thanks! I’ll look at that

#17561 11 months ago

The left scoop kick out is the least satisfying aspect of the games design . I wish they had rethought that. Maybe kicking up on to the ramp above or something would have been better

#17562 11 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

The left scoop kick out is the least satisfying aspect of the games design . I wish they had rethought that. Maybe kicking up on to the ramp above or something would have been better

The right shot into the pops is also rather unsatisfying I’m afraid

#17563 11 months ago
Quoted from JackG:

[quoted image]

My premium looks identical to this too. Same insert, same dim, always-on binocular.

Maybe enough of us can bulk order some node boards and get a discount?

#17564 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The right shot into the pops is also rather unsatisfying I’m afraid

I did some tweaking to that area so the ball stays up there longer. I can’t recall exactly what I did, but it makes the shot more enjoyable.

#17565 11 months ago

Thanks all! She’s all mylar’d up!

1 week later
#17566 11 months ago

anyone has a template for the J shaped mylar "cut" (and any other odd shape) ? I have a laser cutter and would like to cleanly cut one out

Cheers

1 week later
#17567 11 months ago

Occasional double registers on center shots when spelling the words so ramp up some drops down, normal or do I need to look at something back there? Thanks

#17568 11 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Occasional double registers on center shots when spelling the words so ramp up some drops down, normal or do I need to look at something back there? Thanks

If you shoot the ball through the drop targets and it goes through the back, it completes the whole set of drops for you. That’s the key to getting deeper in the game hit one drop down, shoot through the back so you don’t have to physically hit all the drops down.

#17569 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you shoot the ball through the drop targets and it goes through the back, it completes the whole set of drops for you. That’s the key to getting deeper in the game hit one drop down, shoot through the back so you don’t have to physically hit all the drops down.

Yeah I mean that when I do that I occasionally get 2 words awarded or 1 word plus the demogorgon mode starts

#17570 11 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Yeah I mean that when I do that I occasionally get 2 words awarded or 1 word plus the demogorgon mode starts

Okay. Double check that the gate to the left of the demo that points to the left orbit is still intact. If that’s broken or gone, the ball can bounce back into the under demo area and register multiple hits.

#17571 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay. Double check that the gate to the left of the demo that points to the left orbit is still intact. If that’s broken or gone, the ball can bounce back into the under demo area and register multiple hits.

Thanks for the reply. Still intact, maybe I need to bend it a little one way or the other? It seems to be on fast shots, maybe it's bouncing off the gate and back through the opto again?

#17572 11 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Thanks for the reply. Still intact, maybe I need to bend it a little one way or the other? It seems to be on fast shots, maybe it's bouncing off the gate and back through the opto again?

Possible. Hard to know for sure though.

#17573 11 months ago

I feel like I've randomly got some either double registers or also times where I shot the demo shot and it did not register (but rather registered the mystery shot). I haven't tried but they are one-off-ey enough that it feels like it'd be hard to manually reproduce and might be a timing in code thing?

#17574 11 months ago

Lots of optos and switches back there. Very common for the game to get confused every once in a while.

#17575 11 months ago

Just installed medisinyl's lab mods and finally got around to fixing my demogorgon ramp shot. Removed the hex post and used one of the black spacers from the left flasher and a nut in place of the spacer. Put one of Cliffy's yellow post sleeves under the back of the figure and set flipper power to 210. I found putting a flipper rubber created a trap on the left side. Making 80-90% of shots now.

#17576 11 months ago

Would someone do me a favor and measure the exact height of the topper? Trying to see if I have clearance in my basement and it’s going to be really close.

#17577 11 months ago

7 and 3/8 inches.

IMG_2797 (resized).jpgIMG_2797 (resized).jpg

#17578 11 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

7 and 3/8 inches.
[quoted image]

Thank you! I have 10 1/2” clearance so I should be good.

#17579 11 months ago

Just got my armor back from pinball refinery. I'm loving this color, it's also uv reactive.

20230524_224443 (resized).jpg20230524_224443 (resized).jpg20230524_224656 (resized).jpg20230524_224656 (resized).jpg20230524_224704 (resized).jpg20230524_224704 (resized).jpg
#17580 11 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

For anyone who has this issue in the future may seem obvious but I was looking for an easy option as I didn't want to deal with the mess of plastics etc back there! Had some spare time so took everything apart in that area, cleaned all the optos, reseated all the gates and put everything back together and made sure it was all nice and tight. Completely fixed now

#17581 11 months ago

Before I throw this up on the market place, I'm looking to part with a few mods... PM me if interested in any or all: $10 lenticular rules cards, $10 walkie talkie shooter lane cover, $25 LED round speaker light kit. Or all three for $40. (Plus shipping, depending on U.S. vs International)

20230526_222033 (resized).jpg20230526_222033 (resized).jpg
20230526_222626 (resized).jpg20230526_222626 (resized).jpg

For the shooter lane cover, the "antenna" had previously snapped off, I fixed with super glue, it's been fine for months since.

view from backview from back

For the speaker light kit, I don't know who the manufacturer is. It came set to purple, but it's color might be changeable by a remote control, if you have a compatible one from another LED controller or light ring kit? (But I just used it as purple.)

20230526_215744 (resized).jpg20230526_215744 (resized).jpg

#17582 11 months ago

Chonky saucer lane at 500 plays. Gonna have to get some Mylar or sumpin in there zippy zap.
Bound to happen…the sides are just too thin and probably vibrating against the metal and/or catching on the metal.

IMG_0765 (resized).jpegIMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
#17583 11 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Chonky saucer lane at 500 plays. Gonna have to get some Mylar or sumpin in there zippy zap.
Bound to happen…the sides are just too thin and probably vibrating against the metal and/or catching on the metal.
[quoted image]

Someone tell me if I’m wrong but I swear mine was like that from factory. It looks exactly the same and is in the same spot. I had a pro from the last run.

#17584 11 months ago

What sides? What metal? I have 1500 plays and no sign of any mark there.

#17585 11 months ago

[quoted image]

I'm blind, can't see what's wrong

#17586 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Pretty sure this is just the way they look. I don't think the saucer tray was sanded before clearing. Every one I've seen looks like that.

#17587 11 months ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Pretty sure this is just the way they look.

Ahh.. we are seeing the top of the next layer of plywood.

#17588 11 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Ahh.. we are seeing the top of the next layer of plywood.

Probably a very accurate statement!

#17589 11 months ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Pretty sure this is just the way they look. I don't think the saucer tray was sanded before clearing. Every one I've seen looks like that.

Sorry I meant to say down by the actual saucer. On the right side, 2-o’clock or so. Not a big divot by any means, but certainly starting.

#17590 11 months ago

Set of Pin Stadium Things edition with all new mounting hardware if anyone is looking.

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Set of pin stadium things edition UV light kit. Also included will be brand new mounting hardware from pin stadium so that install will be the same as if bought new. No issues wi...”
2023-05-28
Lutherville-timonium, MD
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 64 times

#17591 11 months ago

Thinking of re-joining this club after selling mine 2 year ago.

I have a Tron LE (it has 200 documented plays and running original code) huo, in absolute pristine condition, very rare I think.
Comes with mods(never installed) manuals and else.

I am looking to trade for a Stth LE fully loaded and low plays and equally pristine condition as my Tron LE.

Sorry for dropping this infomercial here but since this is the only machine I want to trade for, I figured it was worth a shot.

Thanks!

#17592 11 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thinking of re-joining this club after selling mine 2 year ago.
I have a Tron LE (it has 200 documented plays and running original code) huo, in absolute pristine condition, very rare I think.
Comes with mods(never installed) manuals and else.
I am looking to trade for a Stth LE fully loaded and low plays and equally pristine condition as my Tron LE.
Sorry for dropping this infomercial here but since this is the only machine I want to trade for, I figured it was worth a shot.
Thanks!

Best of luck with the trade. I sold my Tron pro that was loaded and looked more like an LE. Found it to be too linear and repetitive. I think all the hype is in the bling with that game (when it's fully modded), but there are certainly people who still want one. My STh isn't going anywhere yet, though. It's a great game...but there are many who don't think so, as with every game. Hope it works out for you!

#17593 11 months ago

Has anyone successfully added a projector to the Pro model? Is it possible? Thanks!

#17594 10 months ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Has anyone successfully added a projector to the Pro model? Is it possible? Thanks!

Yes and yes. Search cfh posts here.

#17595 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes and yes. Search cfh posts here.

that is cool! will definitely check it out.

#17596 10 months ago

that is cool! will definitely check it out.

Good luck. While possible, it’s not really possible. Haha.

#17597 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good luck. While possible, it’s not really possible. Haha.

my research ended. lol
Will focus on getting an LE. haha

#17598 10 months ago

Are there any more rumours on another run of this game?
I would hate getting an LE and see then re running an improved special edition.

Is the projector available to buy from Stern?

#17599 10 months ago

Are there any more rumours on another run of this game?
I would hate getting an LE and see then re running an improved special edition.
Is the projector available to buy from Stern?

There is demand but they have stated they don’t currently have the license despite trying to get it. I just went ahead and bought a used one because I didn’t want to wait around hoping it eventually gets vaulted. I’d rather just enjoy it now and not worry about it.

Marco has some replacement projectors but they are pricey.

#17600 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

There is demand but they have stated they don’t currently have the license despite trying to get it. I just went ahead and bought a used one because I didn’t want to wait around hoping it eventually gets vaulted. I’d rather just enjoy it now and not worry about it.
Marco has some replacement projectors but they are pricey.

Maybe the licencing conditions changed considering the show is more popular now and so are the people in it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/352 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.