IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 448.
#17501 1 year ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Anyone ever change the action button lights on ST or Mando? Like to go a different color. Easy? Hard? PITA? Thanks

Same as changing a cabinet button. One nut. Easy peasy.

#17502 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same as changing a cabinet button. One nut. Easy peasy.

The action button is clear so youd need to do something with the code to get it to change color right? Even if you changed to a colored translucent button the color would be off since it would still glow red underneath right, or is that a non issue?

#17503 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

The action button is clear so youd need to do something with the code to get it to change color right? Even if you changed to a colored translucent button the color would be off since it would still glow red underneath right, or is that a non issue?

Yeah, I wouldn’t make this swap, just answering their question.

#17504 1 year ago

Hi All,
A few months ago I traded my stranger things. I have some extra items if anyone is interested let me know. I was going to list in the market place but figured I would offer to the owner's club peeps first.
Shipping will be whatever USPS charges or if you live in South Florida you are free to pick them up.

Set of plastics (non UV) - Slings, lanes, side pieces, see pics below, 8 total - $35

Pro Apron, IC compatible, has 1 factory sticker still - $35

Wizmod Art Blades - Vinyl removable, never used - $60 - Its this same product (https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/foo-fighters-pinball-wizblades) but for stranger things) - they don't carry the stranger things items anymore. Never installed

Wizmod Apron and shooter cover- Insider connected cutout - $45 - same as above,never used Vinyl sticker/removable - same as this product. - https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/foo-fighters-pro-insider-cut-out-pinball-wizaprons

Apron (resized).jpgApron (resized).jpgApron Cover (resized).jpgApron Cover (resized).jpgBladesApron (resized).jpgBladesApron (resized).jpgPlastics (resized).jpgPlastics (resized).jpg
#17505 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah could be a bad focus wheel. Did you say you have the cover for the wheel with the rubber pad on it that holds the wheel in place.

Metal bracket with the foam is mounted but doesn‘t change anything.

#17506 1 year ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Metal bracket with the foam is mounted but doesn‘t change anything.

Then I would say you have something internally broken with your projector. The wheel cannot move, yet you’re getting focus changes with coil fires.

#17507 1 year ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Anyone ever change the action button lights on ST or Mando? Like to go a different color. Easy? Hard? PITA? Thanks

but than, what about the color codes <> gifts !?

edit : oups, already said by others...

#17508 1 year ago

I printed this mounting plate for my friend's Pro with a premium apron UV kit. I don't know if this is a one off thing for him or if other people have this issue of mounting the IC reader. This worked for him. I put a couple up in my PS shop if anyone would want one or you could make your own if you wish.

https://www.printables.com/model/447748-stern-insider-connected-apron-mount-right

IMG_2824 (resized).jpegIMG_2824 (resized).jpegIMG_2827 (resized).jpegIMG_2827 (resized).jpeg

#17509 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

You could also switch the wires from RGB to a different order like BRG to get different colors, I suppose...

#17510 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Hi All,
A few months ago I traded my stranger things. I have some extra items if anyone is interested let me know. I was going to list in the market place but figured I would offer to the owner's club peeps first.
Shipping will be whatever USPS charges or if you live in South Florida you are free to pick them up.
Set of plastics (non UV) - Slings, lanes, side pieces, see pics below, 8 total - $35
Pro Apron, IC compatible, has 1 factory sticker still - $35
Wizmod Art Blades - Vinyl removable, never used - $60 - Its this same product (https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/foo-fighters-pinball-wizblades) but for stranger things) - they don't carry the stranger things items anymore. Never installed
Wizmod Apron and shooter cover- Insider connected cutout - $45 - same as above,never used Vinyl sticker/removable - same as this product. - https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/foo-fighters-pro-insider-cut-out-pinball-wizaprons[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm interested in the Wizmod apron... PMing if not already too late...

#17511 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I assume after 20,000 plays the projector is fine? It seems the concerns over them lasting and being unavailable were unfounded if so
I’m also curious as to how a machine that is relatively new had live worms and snails in it? Was the location it was routed on a garden section of Home Depot?

Projector is ok. I installed new screens from projector grade material and that improved it greatly. I did buy a spare projector and node board to have as spare. Yeah, I don't know why the cabinet was so filthy and had a snail, worm and spider in it. I scrubbed everything for hours after vacuuming out the cabinet. The playfield had some rough spots that were corrected by removing the mylar. Looks new now.

#17512 1 year ago
Quoted from staceyflip:

Projector is ok. I installed new screens from projector grade material and that improved it greatly. I did buy a spare projector and node board to have as spare. Yeah, I don't know why the cabinet was so filthy and had a snail, worm and spider in it. I scrubbed everything for hours after vacuuming out the cabinet. The playfield had some rough spots that were corrected by removing the mylar. Looks new now.

Would love some before and after pics side by side

#17513 1 year ago
Quoted from staceyflip:

Removing or replacing the Mylar? Don’t leave those spots on the PF without Mylar protection!

#17514 1 year ago

Is anyone else having a problem downloading Cleland's recent code (Version 1.05)? The Balena site will not flash my scan disk SD card. I repeatedly get a message the flash has failed, even when it shows 100% complete. When trying to see the files, the message indicates the file is corrupted....??

Joe

#17515 1 year ago

If you are looking for a Stranger Things camera mod, I decided to drop the price from $50 down to $35 for my remaining inventory of cameras. I have about 25 camera mods boxed up and ready to ship at this time. If you are interested in purchasing one, below is a link to my Pinside shop where you can find this and several other mods. This mod is interactive with the game and flashes during certain events, modes, etc. At the 0:40 time stamp in the install video, you can see this camera in action. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Pinside shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/06708-stranger-things-interactive-camera-mod-pro-prem-le

Install Video:

DSC_0900 (resized).JPGDSC_0900 (resized).JPGDSC_0901 (resized).JPGDSC_0901 (resized).JPGDSC_0885 (resized).JPGDSC_0885 (resized).JPGDSC_0856 (resized).JPGDSC_0856 (resized).JPG
#17516 1 year ago

Was asking about the next rumored run of strangers things and got this sent to me from someone who got this from their distributor from stern. Has anyone else heard this to confirm?

70B3EDA4-39E7-4169-925A-09F94B789355 (resized).jpeg70B3EDA4-39E7-4169-925A-09F94B789355 (resized).jpeg
#17517 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Was asking about the next rumored run of strangers things and got this sent to me from someone who got this from their distributor from stern. Has anyone else heard this to confirm?
[quoted image]

Yes. This was sent to every distributor.

#17518 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

Is anyone else having a problem downloading Cleland's recent code (Version 1.05)? The Balena site will not flash my scan disk SD card. I repeatedly get a message the flash has failed, even when it shows 100% complete. When trying to see the files, the message indicates the file is corrupted....??
Joe

Just ignore the message and put the SD card in your game and see if it works. Verify doesn't work because the directory structure is something a computer understands....it's Stern's own directory.

#17519 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Was asking about the next rumored run of strangers things and got this sent to me from someone who got this from their distributor from stern.
[quoted image]

Who starts these rumors? Oh yeah, it was George Gomez…

#17520 1 year ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Who starts these rumors? Oh yeah, it was George Gomez…

Nope. All he said is they would like to run it again at some point. People heard it as "we are re-running it now" and started calling their distribs. The distribs call Stern, Stern has to clarify.

#17521 1 year ago

Question.. ive had STh for a while now. Theres plenty of bricked shots off the drops with the drop target not dropping. I've always just dealt with it as part of the game. Recently we traded for a Bond and same bricked shots on the rocket drop targets. I clipped the Bond drop target springs, now zero bricked shots.. target always drop. Has anyone done that on their STh?

#17522 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I clipped the Bond drop target springs, now zero bricked shots.. target always drop.

May I ask how this is done? I'd never heard of this before and might be interested in trying...

#17523 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

May I ask how this is done? I'd never heard of this before and might be interested in trying...

Cut the springs so they are shorter.

#17524 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cut the springs so they are shorter.

Heheh, cheers, thx...

Like 1/4 cm or so?

Or, rather, I'm guessing we cut a bit at a time until the tension is sufficient that hits will drop the target... Am I on the right track?

#17525 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Heheh, cheers, thx...
Like 1/4 cm or so?
Or, rather, I'm guessing we cut a bit at a time until the tension is sufficient that hits will drop the target... Am I on the right track?

Door number 2.

#17526 1 year ago

HUZZAH! Thanks kindly... Will try to give a shot this weekend...

#17527 1 year ago

Keep us posted.

#17528 1 year ago

Joined the club Sunday. Read all 350 pages of posts last week while I waited to pick it up.

Got it all updated, leveled at 6.5 degrees, power distribution dialed in. Tons of add-ons, topper,mods and other fun stuff in route.

20230417_184326 (resized).jpg20230417_184326 (resized).jpg20230417_192829 (resized).jpg20230417_192829 (resized).jpg
#17529 1 year ago

The purple speaker lights look great.

#17530 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I think the reason why STh has so many bricked shots is that the flippers are grossly over-powered. I miss left ramp shots because the clear cover to help the TK lock stops the ball. I miss center hole shots because the ball is travelling too fast. I brick countless target shots because the ball is too fast. Even adjusted, the TK fails due to ball speed. I just turn it off (and TK magnetizes the ball so easily that it gets stuck in the metal trough under the left ramp". So many little things that Stern could have and should have improved on.

The slings are too powerful as well. With the outlanes wide open, they fire straight at the lanes with no chance to nudge.

Love the theme. Love the rules. But Stern seems to think over-powering everything is what makes a game "fast". It's wearing on me a bit and I never thought I would say that about this game.

#17531 1 year ago

You can change the power on almost every coil in the game. I get the occasional brick from the drops, but nothing more than I’d expect from a direct hit.

#17532 1 year ago
Quoted from mooshue:

Joined the club Sunday. Read all 350 pages of posts last week while I waited to pick it up.
Got it all updated, leveled at 6.5 degrees, power distribution dialed in. Tons of add-ons, topper,mods and other fun stuff in route.[quoted image][quoted image]

Who are the purple speaker lights from? I agree - they look great!

#17533 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

the flippers are grossly over-powered

Feature Adjustment 88 left flipper power (default 255)
Feature Adjustment 89 right flipper power (default 255)

I have both flippers lowered to 230. They still make the TK lock and demogorgon shot and lower power means less heating up which reduces the flipper fade on long games.

#17534 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Who are the purple speaker lights from? I agree - they look great!

I don't know the origin, it was on it when I bought it. Wildbill327 can we have some insight as to what led kit is on this machine?

#17535 12 months ago

Looks like it's just a standard speaker light kit, then you set it to 1 color of your choice.

#17536 12 months ago

www.speakerlightkits.com

#17537 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

www.speakerlightkits.com

Correct…the standard kit.

#17538 12 months ago

Listing my spare Cpu with functional HDMI port. Sold my ST before I could get around to installing the projector.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Used Spike 2 cpu with HDMI port unlocked and functional. Can be used to upgrade Stranger Things Pro to include the projector.”
2023-07-17
York, ME
450 (OBO)
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 285 times

1 week later
#17539 11 months ago

I took some pictures of the florescent blue set installed on Stranger Things. It’s hard to capture in pictures but it looks pretty good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07776-stern-stranger-things-plastic-protectors

IMG_9024 (resized).jpegIMG_9024 (resized).jpegIMG_9025 (resized).jpegIMG_9025 (resized).jpegIMG_9026 (resized).jpegIMG_9026 (resized).jpeg

#17540 11 months ago

^^ I have these blue ones installed in mine and it looks great. Fits the theme well IMHO.

#17541 11 months ago

I use to qualify an extra ball the first time I hit the “burn it back” shot. About a week ago this went away. Was this a change in the last code update?

#17542 11 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I use to qualify an extra ball the first time I hit the “burn it back” shot. About a week ago this went away. Was this a change in the last code update?

By default, the burn it back extra ball auto adjusts based off how often it is awarded. I set mine to 12 and not auto adjust.

#17543 11 months ago

I'm assuming this is a common problem, but I just started noticing the mylar under the demogorgon ramp is getting chewed up. I don't thing it chewed into the playfield yet, but what did ya'll do? double or triple the mylar up? Should I remove the old one first or just add mylar to the existing one?

#17544 11 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I'm assuming this is a common problem, but I just started noticing the mylar under the demogorgon ramp is getting chewed up. I don't thing it chewed into the playfield yet, but what did ya'll do? double or triple the mylar up? Should I remove the old one first or just add mylar to the existing one?

I just went over the top like Stallone. Shouldn't be an issue removing it though I'd think.

#17545 11 months ago

Mine came off easily and I replaced it but the previous owner waited too long and it definitely got into the playfield. (the machine was definitely abused before me!)

Don't wait.

#17546 11 months ago

How often do y’all replace that Mylar? I bought NIB but I’m at just over 1000 plays

#17547 11 months ago

I replaced the stock Mylar at under 1000. Then I put new down, doubled it up, and didn’t replace it before selling at over 3k plays. Held up way better.

#17548 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I replaced the stock Mylar at under 1000. Then I put new down, doubled it up, and didn’t replace it before selling at over 3k plays. Held up way better.

Gotcha, thanks! Not home right now but does it peel off easily or do I need to heat it with a hair dryer for a minute?

#17549 11 months ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Gotcha, thanks! Not home right now but does it peel off easily or do I need to heat it with a hair dryer for a minute?

Mine came off easy. Ymmv

#17550 11 months ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Modern mylar peels off rather easily. It's the old 80s 90s stuff that is a pain. While you are checking mylar - check the piece where the ball hits the playfield as it exits the left scoop. That can wear through too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/351?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.