IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 449.
#17451 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

With factory settings I have balls flying from the left ramp to the right ramp.

Yup, the ball screams around the left ramp on my premium also, which helps get the ball up the diverter for the TK lock.

When lock is not lit the ball is sometimes going so fast that that it passes above the opto on its way back to the inlane. It's always fastest right after cleaning/waxing the ramp with novus1. I get an occasional air ball like yours right after cleaning.

That is with the flipper power turned from default 255, down to 230. I could probably lower it a bit more. I also have to pay attention to the Demogorgon shot accuracy when changing that.

You can try lowering your flipper power which has lots of benefits. (less airballs, less wear and tear on everything, less bricked drop targets, etc.)
Feature Adjustment #88 is left flipper power and #89 is right flipper power.
While your there set the trough eject to the minimum to reduce wear on the shooter lane. (Feature Adjustment #85 - trough eject power)

#17452 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I don't think left ramp airballs are a widespread issue.
I do get occasional "rejects" on the left ramp but it has to be a pretty rattle-y or otherwise poor attempt by me that had no business making the shot.

Fair, I was probably overreacting. But considering mezelmods has an airball protector for the right corner of the left ramp, i just assumed it to be a widespread issue.

My rejects are smooth instances. It's fast. So fast it took me a couple instances of that happening to realize what was actually happening.

#17453 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Fair, I was probably overreacting. But considering mezelmods has an airball protector for the right corner of the left ramp, i just assumed it to be a widespread issue.
My rejects are smooth instances. It's fast. So fast it took me a couple instances of that happening to realize what was actually happening.

How steep is your pitch? Make sure you’re at 7.0 degrees at least.

#17454 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, the ball screams around the left ramp on my premium also, which helps get the ball up the diverter for the TK lock.
When lock is not lit the ball is sometimes going so fast that that it passes above the opto on its way back to the inlane. It's always fastest right after cleaning/waxing the ramp with novus1. I get an occasional air ball like yours right after cleaning.
That is with the flipper power turned from default 255, down to 230. I could probably lower it a bit more. I also have to pay attention to the Demogorgon shot accuracy when changing that.
You can try lowering your flipper power which has lots of benefits. (less airballs, less wear and tear on everything, less bricked drop targets, etc.)
Feature Adjustment #88 is left flipper power and #89 is right flipper power.
While your there set the trough eject to the minimum to reduce wear on the shooter lane. (Feature Adjustment #85 - trough eject power)

Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Did you wax your game? That always makes things go faster. And for leveling, are you doing left/right as well as incline? I have a digital level as well and have to get right next to the drop targets to get my left/right level for the back half.
I had a dec21 build as well and had no ramp air balls.

Yes I did give it a good cleaning with novus 1 including the ramps.

#17455 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How steep is your pitch? Make sure you’re at 7.0 degrees at least.

I can't remember exactly. Either 6.6 or 6.5. As originally stated, measured with digital level parallel (to measure left and right lean) and perpendicular (to measure incline) to drop targets.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t see how the ball can fly from the left ramp to the right ramp on a pro. Can you take really good, well lit pictures of your left ramp from beginning to end and we can maybe see something you are not seeing. Same for the right ramp.

I'll get some videos. It's pretty crazy when it happens. The ball rolled off the top of the right ramp protector

#17456 1 year ago

I'd delete this post if I could.

#17457 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t see how the ball can fly from the left ramp to the right ramp on a pro. Can you take really good, well lit pictures of your left ramp from beginning to end and we can maybe see something you are not seeing. Same for the right ramp.

I'll get some videos. It's pretty crazy when it happens. The ball rolled off the top of the right ramp protector

#17458 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Now I do get that happening on mine....but it's generally more from burn it back loop(s) to right ramp shots to all sorts of craziness!

#17459 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

I can't remember exactly. Either 6.6 or 6.5. As originally stated, measured with digital level parallel (to measure left and right lean) and perpendicular (to measure incline) to drop targets.

Make your game steeper and see if that helps.

#17460 1 year ago

Sorry, I'm not sure how I was supposed to add a video but here is a link to the video I uploaded. Looks like the ball just zips around the corner so fast that it barely is hanging on until it hits the other corner where it gets bounced out and on to the other ramp. Pretty cool trick (if it were only intended).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12ESgYgzvBuAQ_MPxzQe4GqYwTVIYnrPj/view

#17461 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Sorry, I'm not sure how I was supposed to add a video but here is a link to the video I uploaded. Looks like the ball just zips around the corner so fast that it barely is hanging on until it hits the other corner where it gets bounced out and on to the other ramp. Pretty cool trick (if it were only intended).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12ESgYgzvBuAQ_MPxzQe4GqYwTVIYnrPj/view

Can you post a pic of that ramp.
That ramp has a tab that fits into the backboard, maybe yours is not in it.

#17462 1 year ago

Or maybe there is a bump in the ramp causing it to jump

#17463 1 year ago

Yeah something is not right, there. Let’s get some pictures from all around the right ramp at the top and bends of the ramp.

#17464 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah something is not right, there. Let’s get some pictures from all around the right ramp at the top and bends of the ramp.

Let me know if there is a certain area I should focus on. The tab is in place so the ramp can't be pushed any lower in the back because it's seated in there. The ramp is connected to posts in all spots (left and right side of ramp).

PXL_20230405_174025017 (resized).jpgPXL_20230405_174025017 (resized).jpgPXL_20230405_174505260 (resized).jpgPXL_20230405_174505260 (resized).jpgPXL_20230405_174538081 (resized).jpgPXL_20230405_174538081 (resized).jpg
#17465 1 year ago

Do you have this? It’s factory.

47A18329-98C9-44D4-9E44-1FDE56959E37 (resized).jpeg47A18329-98C9-44D4-9E44-1FDE56959E37 (resized).jpeg
#17466 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Or maybe there is a bump in the ramp causing it to jump

No bump. All smooth. I think it's physics. Same effect we have driving a car when we turn fast.

For me that top plastic part in the upper left side doesn't seem to do anything. Ball misses it.

#17467 1 year ago

Your ramp also should not be pushed out like yours is on that back wall. There should be a slot in the back wall that your ramp slides into. Look at my pic.

#17468 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have this? It’s factory.
[quoted image]

Yes but shape is different. Yours also looks like it covers more of the initial turn.

16807172033561211051235851255377 (resized).jpg16807172033561211051235851255377 (resized).jpg
#17469 1 year ago

That cover you have on the left ramp is for a premium. Where did you get that?

#17470 1 year ago

that video is crazy, in more than 5000 plays on mine I've never seen that happen.

#17471 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your ramp also should not be pushed out like yours is on that back wall. There should be a slot in the back wall that your ramp slides into. Look at my pic.

It's in there. What part of my picture makes you think it's not in the slot?

#17472 1 year ago

Either way. Your ramp in the back needs seated into the slot in the backboard properly, and you need to install the factory air ball cover. If you don’t have that, loosen the current one you have and push it all the way to the right.

#17473 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

It's in there. What part of my picture makes you think it's not in the slot?

It appears to be bulging out from the back wall. It’s not flush. The ramp should be flush with back wall art.

#17474 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It appears to be bulging out from the back wall. It’s not flush. The ramp should be flush with back wall art.

How does one make it flush? There is no ramp adjustment. I have screws at bottom that are fixed holes and same with the holes for the posts where the ramp screw down to on the left and right side.

The tab isn't pinched. It can wiggle up and down in the slot.

I moved the air ball cover over to the right as far as possible. This is the only thing that offers any sort of adjusting.

#17475 1 year ago

that looks like the airball cover for a machine with the TK lock installed that the previous owner likely 3D printed from a picture or shared file

#17476 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

How does one make it flush? There is no ramp adjustment. I have screws at bottom that are fixed holes and same with the holes for the posts where the ramp screw down to on the left and right side.
The tab isn't pinched. It can wiggle up and down in the slot.
I moved the air ball cover over to the right as far as possible. This is the only thing that offers any sort of adjusting.

Do you have the stock cover for the left ramp?

Also what is all this stuff stuffed back here?

Next step is to completely remove all this stuff you currently have covering the corner of your ramp. Then see if that allows the ramp to sit more flush to the back wall. Your current cover seems to be using the same slot in the back wall.

193B2898-6C65-4891-BAEB-A8B1FADEAD5B (resized).png193B2898-6C65-4891-BAEB-A8B1FADEAD5B (resized).png
#17477 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That cover you have on the left ramp is for a premium. Where did you get that?

Came with the game. No evidence of any other cover lying around.

#17478 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Came with the game. No evidence of any other cover lying around.

That’s unfortunate because the stock setup works perfectly fine.

Maybe you can contact the seller and see if they ever had it? Maybe get with the distro they used to see if you can buy the stock cover for the pro from stern?

#17479 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll try to reach out to stern to get proper part. Or look on marco.

Side note, speed is also a factor in this equation, cause even when the ramp works as expected, there are many times where the ball comes back down the ramp after hitting the ball lock post.

#17480 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Side note, speed is also a factor in this equation, cause even when the ramp works as expected, there are many times where the ball comes back down the ramp after hitting the ball lock post.

I’d go back to Chuck’s suggestion on increasing pitch there. I don’t think I’ve ever had one come back down after making it up to the post - at most hit the post and kinda bump around by the post a bit.

Could also post a pic of where your front & rear levelers are.

#17481 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe you can contact the seller and see if they ever had it? Maybe get with the distro they used to see if you can buy the stock cover for the pro from stern?

You’re the man! Way to help out a fellow pinsider!

#17482 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

I'll try to reach out to stern to get proper part. Or look on marco.

Why not just turn down the flipper power from the default setting. Many games don't need the power at the default to function properly. The other benefit is you have less risk of breaking things.

#17483 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Why not just turn down the flipper power from the default setting. Many games don't need the power at the default to function properly. The other benefit is you have less risk of breaking things.

I agree except i haven't been able to hit demo once since lowering the power. It's just trying to find the right balance obviously. I think right now I'll prioritize lower power as you suggest. Then lean demo more forward when I work up the energy to monkey around with that. I'm still trying to dial in the various rail guides.

If Stern wanted to save money they should just stop installing everything since you end up taking it all apart to dial it in anyways. Maddening process at times.

#17484 1 year ago

As cleland stated. Remove the stuff in the back. I wouldn’t reduce flipper power.

That’s happened to me 1 in 1000 times but only on a wicked whip off the flipper.

First things first… remove any homemade spacers, then check the pitch and right/left level. Seems odd.

#17485 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

If Stern wanted to save money they should just stop installing everything since you end up taking it all apart to dial it in anyways. Maddening process at times.

Did you ask the previous owner if they put that cover on the left ramp? Because stern did not put your game together like that. That cover is a service bulletin item for the premium/LE models only.

#17486 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you ask the previous owner if they put that cover on the left ramp? Because stern did not put your game together like that. That cover is a service bulletin item for the premium/LE models only.

Working on it.

I'm also referring to the fact that one has to dial in the left and right rails so they don't hit the sling. (My game is level left and right.)

I'll get it worked out. Thanks for providing your help. But I assure you after several tinkerings and visual inspections, other than the cover being the wrong one, nothing is out of place (or rather I wouldn't think to do anything else).

For clarity though, that airball happens regularly from the ball gently rolling down the inlane. Hard to do all of that when I have one hand recording and another with the ball and obviously using the right flipper. It's not that it only happens during gameplay when the ball is already coming down to the flipper hard.

#17487 1 year ago

Happy Easter NST-Fans!

The fact that there is sadly no saucer protector out, I did my second mylar protector and this time I made a template.

So when I do a third one, it doesn't take me an hour again to cut these stripes (almost) perfectly.

I did a scan so you can print both templates on paper, cut it and put it on the mylar and mark the cutting lines with a pen.

So you can produce both (top lane & inside wall of the hole) of your own protector stripes within a few minutes and keep your game safe for many more plays.

Regards,
Martin.

p.s.: I hope we can still find a solution to get Cliff Rinear (Cliffy) a playfield to get a real saucer protector.
Stranger Things Pinball Saucer Mylarsticker 1.pdfStranger Things Pinball Saucer Mylarsticker 1.pdf

#17488 1 year ago

...and is there a Premium / LE code out with the Cleland sound mod & videos from season 3 & 4 in the attract mode?

#17489 1 year ago
Quoted from Hasi:

and this time I made a template.

Thanks for doing this.

#17490 1 year ago

I have a question to all LE/Premium owners.

My projector doesn‘t stay in focus. Because of the vibrations of the flippers the focus wheel doesn‘t stay in place. Around ten flips & the focus is off.

It makes no difference if the metal bracket is on or off.

Does anyone dismantled the projector and did a wheel adjustment fix before?

It‘s very sad playing the game that way.

#17491 1 year ago

Anyone knows where I can get that upgraded projector screen material ?

#17492 1 year ago
Quoted from Hasi:

I have a question to all LE/Premium owners.
My projector doesn‘t stay in focus. Because of the vibrations of the flippers the focus wheel doesn‘t stay in place. Around ten flips & the focus is off.
It makes no difference if the metal bracket is on or off.
Does anyone dismantled the projector and did a wheel adjustment fix before?
It‘s very sad playing the game that way.

I adjusted the focus on mine recently (after I changed the screen material). I let it warm up for a half hour or so before adjusting. IIRC, there's a little bracket that you tighten down that is supposed to hold that adjustment wheel in place. If that's not working for you, a dab of hot glue should do the trick (and should be easy to remove if you need to re-adjust later).

#17493 1 year ago

Yes. Make absolutely certain you don’t adjust the projector until the game has been on for at least 20 mins. And if it has the cover on the adjustment wheel, it should never move.

#17494 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Make absolutely certain you don’t adjust the projector until the game has been on for at least 20 mins. And if it has the cover on the adjustment wheel, it should never move.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hi Chuck,

thx 4 ur reply. It's sadly I wrote before. Hitting the flippers for around 10 times, the focus is gone. You can see with every flip how the screen wiggles and the focus is getting off.

It makes no difference if the game is on 20min or an hour. The wheel doesn't stay in place. It needs to be fixed in some mechanical way.

#17495 1 year ago

Make sure you have the adjustment wheel cover or use hot glue.

#17496 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I adjusted the focus on mine recently (after I changed the screen material). I let it warm up for a half hour or so before adjusting. IIRC, there's a little bracket that you tighten down that is supposed to hold that adjustment wheel in place. If that's not working for you, a dab of hot glue should do the trick (and should be easy to remove if you need to re-adjust later).

Tried hot glue doesn‘t work too. When the first ball comes out of the ball chest and hits the metal bracket of the shooterlane the focus is off again.

So the focus lense maybe is not tightened enough.

#17497 1 year ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Tried hot glue doesn‘t work too. When the first ball comes out of the ball chest and hits the metal bracket of the shooterlane the focus is off again.
So the assembling of focus lense itself inside the projector maybe is not tightened enough.

#17498 1 year ago

Yeah could be a bad focus wheel. Did you say you have the cover for the wheel with the rubber pad on it that holds the wheel in place.

#17499 1 year ago
Quoted from Hasi:

So the focus lense maybe is not tightened enough.

Are you sure the projector is firmly mounted? The projector moved around in it's mount on my game. I need to open it up to see why it is allowed to move around. It should be firmly mounted.

#17500 1 year ago

Anyone ever change the action button lights on ST or Mando? Like to go a different color. Easy? Hard? PITA? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/350?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.